AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Timed" Goals (?)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooxchild

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 15, 2013
Hey guys :-D I saw some models talking about how they set a goal for a night, lets say 1500, and then they put it as their topic and put a certain time on it, and if they don't get to that in 20 minutes (example) they just stop. How do you guys get that to work? Like the other day I put 700 as my goal on my topic. Something along the lines of "Countdown! 700 tks 'till strip show" and no one tipped. I wasn't sitting around, I was actually dancing. And...nothing. How do you guys get these things to work? I'm going on cam tonight so I wanted some helpful tips to meet my goal.

By the way, I searched and couldn't find a topic of this nature. =)

Thank you! :)

Reactions: ChronicSecret
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Usually models do countdowns like that if they have been on cam for a while and no one has tipped for a long time.
Sometimes it's easier to break it down in smaller goals. Say 200 tokens goal in the next 5 mins. But don't do this all the time. No members like ultimatums.
We all have slow days sometimes, best thing to do is thank the guys who have tipped and say you will be back another time.

Since camscore (and thus your default placement on the homepage) is based on tokens vs. time online, it's important to know when to take a break or call it quits. If and when I am having a slow day, I will put a time limit on my next countdown and if I am not making progress on it, or not making anything, I will sign off after that time is up. If an effort is at least being made, I may extend the timer or at least give a partial show for those who did contribute.

So let's say I put up a 900 token countdown to panties off strip tease in the topic and give them 20 minutes. If that 20 minutes goes by and we've only gotten to around 400, I'll give a couple minutes panties-off flash to reward the contributors, then leave. If we had gotten to 750 or so, I may extend the timer 5 minutes, then hopefully hit the goal and give a full show. If nothing had come in in the total 20 minutes, I'd log off with a simple kiss goodbye and a "thanks for the chat" farewell.

There is always the option of saying "hey guys I'm going to take a break since we didn't hit the goal, I'll be back in an hour to try again" or something along those lines. The important thing is to not sit there broadcasting for too long with no tokens coming in.

You are new, and it can take a while until you get to the point where you have accumulated enough regulars to meet countdowns with something approaching regularity, unless you start out with some kind of following.

You should always have a cutoff in your head as to how long a countdown should take, but it might not encourage members to enter or stay in your room, if it is in your topic. Also, when you have a "large" number countdown, you might want to offer flashes, or something else for a much smaller amount, so that, if you do have to bail on your topic, the members who did tip will have gotten at least *something* for their tokens.

If I am a roaming perv enter a room where a new model is a few hundred away from her whatever, I may not be prepared to "invest" all that. After all, there are other models I tip regularly, and my token budget is limited. I may, however, be willing to go a certain distance. I may be willing to increase that distance, if I see that the model is selling previews, and I find that preview appeals to my specific tastes. This all sounds pretty banal, as if I was buying a test drive on a car, but, you see, I already have a few cars and might only be kicking tires on the off chance that another might really pique my interest. A test drive might turn me into a buyer.

Once you have become established, with a posse of regulars who tip, you may not have to concern yourself with shoppers like me *as much*, but as you can see from Amber's post, even popular, well-established models can relate to the occasional slow session. And as long as you aren't in a position where you are being asked to do something you are not comfortable with, a token is a token is a token.

PS: You might want to fix the MFC link in your signature. Right now it points to http://www.profiles.myfreecams.com/

^ what they said (obviously) :cat:

furthermore.... (some are the same answers but this is my viewpoint/reasoning/methods)

When i put a timer on things it is generally for one or all of three reasons. 1)i'm bored. 2) i have to leave or go to bed for some reason. 3)my tokens-per-hour ratio has begun to drop past the level of where i will hold on to a camscore i feel is okay for me/how many moneys i need to survive/how much time i have to put on cam.

Things I do to increase the possibility of that timer being meant include 1)offering extra doodads, including making the show more awesome somehow (once i heard CandiedLace offer TWO packages of pudding instead of ONE if she got there in a certain time. or maybe an extra toy, oiling up first, etc) 2)offering bonuses for tips such as blog passwords, photosets, or raffle tickets and 3)offering immediate rewards like spanks, flashes, song requests and so on.

IF i do not make my countdown BUT i get a reasonable way there, I will do a "pity show" which is like a dumbed-down version of the show that had the goal. Like i'll get in the shower all slow-like but then leave. Or i'll just do the show really quickly like 5 minutes of icing myself instead of, you know, 10, 15 or 20 mins. Depending on how far I get.

Also if everyone who has tipped has left the room, I usually will not do a pity show, especially if those tippers got other rewards.

The other day I put an ultimatum on my countdown, and stated i would ditchout on public chat and do the show on video instead and send it only to those who had tipped. People were eager to see the show live, so they finished pretty close to my countdown just in time.

that's my :twocents-02cents: :handgestures-salute:

Also, incremental countdowns are always nice. Say your goal for the night is 2,000 or whatever. Then maybe set smaller goals to get you there, like 500 to take off the shirt, 500 for the bra, 500 to go full nude, and 500 for a little show (your math will vary, of course.) That way, guys coming in aren't going to be met by a daunting goal and a little time to get there, and if they put a few tokens toward a smaller goal, at least there's a likelihood that they'll get some payoff for their contribution. This also has the added effect that, the more naked you get, the more people will generally show up for a look. There is, of course, no guarantee that more people equals more tips, but you know, "bodies through the door," and all that.

The other day I put an ultimatum on my countdown, and stated i would ditchout on public chat and do the show on video instead and send it only to those who had tipped. People were eager to see the show live, so they finished pretty close to my countdown just in time.

That's actually a really awesome idea which i will borrow if you don't mind. I always feel bad for guys who tip for a show that doesn't happen & have been thinking for ages that I'd like to do something to reward them and this seems perfect. Also it's a brilliant kick up the arse for people who are just sitting on their hands.

Kickaz said:
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Usually models do countdowns like that if they have been on cam for a while and no one has tipped for a long time.
Sometimes it's easier to break it down in smaller goals. Say 200 tokens goal in the next 5 mins. But don't do this all the time. No members like ultimatums.
We all have slow days sometimes, best thing to do is thank the guys who have tipped and say you will be back another time.
(boldface by me)

Exactly that. The "tip now or I'll leave statements" really bug me, even though I understand about camscore. It's particularly discouraging when you've already tipped and are getting told the model may bail anyway. If you're not tipping, I guess you don't have a complaint coming. Still, if I was going to tip but hadn't yet (maybe I just got there or maybe I was slow), the ultimatum is going to make me annoyed and not feel like tipping after all.

Kittycatpurr said:

That's actually a really awesome idea which i will borrow if you don't mind. I always feel bad for guys who tip for a show that doesn't happen & have been thinking for ages that I'd like to do something to reward them and this seems perfect. Also it's a brilliant kick up the arse for people who are just sitting on their hands.

I totally agree this is a great idea. It addresses most of what I referred to above. It shows appreciation for/gives something for their money to (depending on how they view their tips) the members who already tipped. It sounds a little less like an ultimatum because it comes with the promise that you're going to get the show somehow if you do tip, and it may spread out the tips among more people (something we all want to see but usually don't) since only those who haven't tipped yet stand to miss the show. In my case, I'd usually rather have the model stay around longer than see a show, but still, since camscore is an issue, I'd feel better about things since the model is clearly doing her best to reward her tippers.

Reactions: Gen and KylieJacobs
HarmlessSquirrel said:
Kickaz said:
(boldface by me)

Exactly that. The "tip now or I'll leave statements" really bug me, even though I understand about camscore. It's particularly discouraging when you've already tipped and are getting told the model may bail anyway. If you're not tipping, I guess you don't have a complaint coming. Still, if I was going to tip but hadn't yet (maybe I just got there or maybe I was slow), the ultimatum is going to make me annoyed and not feel like tipping after all.

Do you still feel cheated if you got something for your tokens when you tipped them? I try to make sure all tips above 10 tokens get something. A spank, a flash, a video, some pussy/ass close ups, nipple licking... Whatever the tip is worth. Ideally, for me, all tips would get: an immediate reward, my time/conversation, and an eventual show. However, I don't generally feel guilty if I have to leave and they only get two of those things.

NataliaGrey said:
Do you still feel cheated if you got something for your tokens when you tipped them? I try to make sure all tips above 10 tokens get something. A spank, a flash, a video, some pussy/ass close ups, nipple licking... Whatever the tip is worth. Ideally, for me, all tips would get: an immediate reward, my time/conversation, and an eventual show. However, I don't generally feel guilty if I have to leave and they only get two of those things.

I wouldn't say cheated, perhaps disappointed. That's my feeling because I'm primarily there for the fun of hanging out (not that I don't like the other stuff too); the guys who mostly tip to see stuff may feel differently. I do understand that sometimes, you just have to go. I'm not going to throw a tantrum over it. Even if they also happen to go toward a topic, my tips are really "just because" or because I feel it's only fair that I contribute something if I've been hanging out for a decent amount of time. It's like if you're having fun with a friend, and they suddenly have to leave. They've got to do what they've got to do, no hard feelings, but it would have been nice to hang out a while longer.

The reason I liked the idea about giving a recorded show to the tippers only if the show goal isn't met is that I like the message it sends to everyone. It seems like it's saying "you are really appreciated" to those who did tip, while those who didn't tip don't get a freebie (assuming they wanted a show). BTW, I'm not saying other models don't appreciate their tippers; I think almost all models do and most say so frequently. This idea just seems like an excellent touch of "customer relations" and a really nice gesture. It would tend to give me a very positive impression of the model. There's certainly no reason to feel guilty if you don't do it though.

One question I actually have about the idea is, how much extra work is it to make that recording and send it out? If it's a lot of work, it probably isn't practical to do every time a count falls short. Also since lots of models sell videos for fairly substantial amounts, I could see them not wanting to hand out what amounts to a special edition video (although maybe not as polished) to people unless they tipped at least close to the amount they sell their regular videos for.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
NataliaGrey said:

I wouldn't say cheated, perhaps disappointed. That's my feeling because I'm primarily there for the fun of hanging out (not that I don't like the other stuff too); the guys who mostly tip to see stuff may feel differently. I do understand that sometimes, you just have to go. I'm not going to throw a tantrum over it. Even if they also happen to go toward a topic, my tips are really "just because" or because I feel it's only fair that I contribute something if I've been hanging out for a decent amount of time. It's like if you're having fun with a friend, and they suddenly have to leave. They've got to do what they've got to do, no hard feelings, but it would have been nice to hang out a while longer.
I think that's the whole point, though. If you want your favorite model to stay on longer and hang out, she needs to hit her goals for such. So you holding back on your tips (as you said in an earlier posts that you'd do) if your girl puts in her topic "need 500 more tokens by xx:xx time or I have to go!" defeats your purpose. The whole "the count may fail so why even try" sort of concept is one of the issues that models get frustrated with. If you try to help her reach her goal, at least you gave it a shot, and hopefully other people have the same thought process. But if everyone is withholding for fear of failure, it's counterproductive in the first place.

Handing out (pre-recorded) content or prizes for everyone to gives a certain amount during a countdown is a sort of consolation prize if the final goal isn't met. Which leads me to my next reply of why that's the best way to go...
HarmlessSquirrel said:
The reason I liked the idea about giving a recorded show to the tippers only if the show goal isn't met is that I like the message it sends to everyone. It seems like it's saying "you are really appreciated" to those who did tip, while those who didn't tip don't get a freebie (assuming they wanted a show). BTW, I'm not saying other models don't appreciate their tippers; I think almost all models do and most say so frequently. This idea just seems like an excellent touch of "customer relations" and a really nice gesture. It would tend to give me a very positive impression of the model. There's certainly no reason to feel guilty if you don't do it though.

One question I actually have about the idea is, how much extra work is it to make that recording and send it out? If it's a lot of work, it probably isn't practical to do every time a count falls short. Also since lots of models sell videos for fairly substantial amounts, I could see them not wanting to hand out what amounts to a special edition video (although maybe not as polished) to people unless they tipped at least close to the amount they sell their regular videos for.
If the count fell short, I wouldn't feel compelled to still do the show at all, even especially on a video. It's even more work than just putting on the show in free chat at that point, and there's no possibility of getting tips if I do it on video instead of live. If a girl does this, she's actually making less $ per hour of work in the long run. Which is why she's logging off in the first place (not making her desired $ per her time on cam).

HarmlessSquirrel said:

So actual recording takes 10-15 whatever minutes, however long the show is.
For myself, usually takes about 20 minutes to watermark it, longer if I have to edit it (so if it's a one-take video with no camera movement or things, way less time than if I shot a few short videos and am editing them together...this includes loading time into the software, and exporting out of it, so a longer video will take longer).
Then about 20 minutes to upload maybe? Again, longer for a longer video (or higher quality).
Sending out videos takes me a while because I'm slow at it, so maybe 15 minutes depending how many people I have to send it to.

So I'd guess total time is over an hour, but I will usually do other things while the video loads into editing software, exports out of it, and uploads to the internet.

AmberCutie said:
I think that's the whole point, though. If you want your favorite model to stay on longer and hang out, she needs to hit her goals for such. So you holding back on your tips (as you said in an earlier posts that you'd do) if your girl puts in her topic "need 500 more tokens by xx:xx time or I have to go!" defeats your purpose. The whole "the count may fail so why even try" sort of concept is one of the issues that models get frustrated with. If you try to help her reach her goal, at least you gave it a shot, and hopefully other people have the same thought process. But if everyone is withholding for fear of failure, it's counterproductive in the first place.

To the extent that I would "hold back" it isn't due to fear of failure of the count; it's due to being annoyed. Ultimatums just rub me the wrong way, so if it comes to that, I am no longer having fun. At that point I don't really want to stay even if the count gets met. I get that it's a job for the model. For me though, it's entertainment. I do tip; I actually want to. I wish I could tip a ton. It's just that if things get very in-your-face "tip me," I feel tense, which is not something I want from an entertainment source. Everyone has their own style. It doesn't mean the model's a bad person if she's vocal about tips, and I understand that when things are slow, she may feel she has to speak up about it. If it comes in the form of more than gentle reminders though, it probably does mean it's not a good room for me. That's okay. I can go elsewhere, and I'm certainly not such a big deal that it will kill the model if I don't come back.

For the record, the number of times I've held back as you say, is probably 1 or 2. Usually I'll have already tipped if I've been there a while (true the ultimatum would make it unlikely I'll tip more, but I won't have been someone who didn't do his share anyway), and I'm not a frequent visitor to any rooms where this happens. I've been present for it a handful of times, and I've seen it in a bunch of topics and haven't been tempted to check out those rooms.

AmberCutie said:
Handing out (pre-recorded) content or prizes for everyone to gives a certain amount during a countdown is a sort of consolation prize if the final goal isn't met. Which leads me to my next reply of why that's the best way to go...

That seems fair since you don't really have to hand out anything. This sounds like a more practical way of doing something a bit like the idea -- it's a nice goodwill gesture for the tippers, but it's less work for the model than making a special recording.

AmberCutie said:
If the count fell short, I wouldn't feel compelled to still do the show at all, even especially on a video. It's even more work than just putting on the show in free chat at that point, and there's no possibility of getting tips if I do it on video instead of live. If a girl does this, she's actually making less $ per hour of work in the long run. Which is why she's logging off in the first place (not making her desired $ per her time on cam).

It seemed like this might very well be case, which is what prompted my question. I guess you could make up for the time spent by also putting the new video up for sale, but that's not much different than doing what you said above, plus you won't always have the time to do a new video (even if you wanted to) soon after the slow shift. What I really liked best about the idea anyway was that it's a visible way of encouraging tippers, while also showing that sometimes non-tippers will miss out.

Yeah, I don't think doing a custom recording for a limited number of tippers is warranted. Way too much work, and something a model would be doing while pissed off over not making her goals.

It might be an idea to have some private content in reserve, even if it is a small, old picture gallery in reserve to reward *new* tippers whatever happens to the goal. Regulars will already have paid for access if they are interested in it, but new tippers would be more likely to fondly remember their time in a model's room after a failed countdown if they got a small consolation prize. Sending out a few MFC mails to new supporters with a cut'n'paste thank you note and an access code for some old pics or an old video would be a few minutes invested that could bring in dividends for a long time. If there is new content, regulars would likely be very happy to receive priority access to that if they made a significant contribution toward a session that went south.

I'm a perv who has to make decisions about how to spend tips. If I have the choice of spending a few hundred tokens on a video or whatever, or helping to make a topic go, I'll go for the topic every time, as I believe making progress on a topic helps animate the room and usually serves the model better.

As far as I am concerned, there are two things a model should always be doing: keeping her regulars happy, and turning new visitors into regulars. Most of that is accomplished simply be running a happy, sexy room and being entertaining in the way that works best for her. Sometimes, things don't go well, but a model can still salvage a situation, by showing her appreciation in a tangible way. Little gifts can pay off in a bigger way over the long run than the one-time sale of content.

2xUEod3.jpg

Sevrin said:
As far as I am concerned, there are two things a model should always be doing: keeping her regulars happy, and turning new visitors into regulars.
:thumbleft: Yep! Oh what a fine line it is to walk, sometimes, but that's the ultimate goal.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kickaz
Kittycatpurr said:

I have done this before for a few shows... I recorded them on a second camera (while I was streaming) for the guys who wanted to watch but couldn't be there live and got tremendous feedback on it. They had to tip in a certain amount to get the video & it went toward the goal, but I never thought of offering it to the guys who tipped for the show if it we never reached goal and it never happened. I didn't have that to worry about.

Reactions: LadyLuna
AmberCutie said:
So you holding back on your tips...if your girl puts in her topic "need 500 more tokens by xx:xx time or I have to go!" defeats your purpose.

This.

If no one is tipping and I start tipping, maybe other members will be willing to tip now they "aren't alone" or don't have to "carry the whole countdown". If only a few other members are tipping, maybe my tips will encourage them to keep tipping. Maybe going from only two tippers to three tippers is enough to convince other members the show will happen, so they start to contribute, and now we have four, five or twelve tippers.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.