AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model's view of VR?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Apr 1, 2024
Hi. I just discovered VR for the first time (StripChat). This was a completely different experience. I was also surprised by how few models are using VR. I know the equipment is pretty expensive and VR headsets have also been cost prohibitive. But with the recent drops in pricing on the Meta Quest 2 ($200 USD), I was hoping to get some opinions from models on the future of VR?

Thanks.

Hi! I think unless there is a huge demand for VR there isn’t ever going to be a large scale adoption, especially for anything that requires more equipment. I’ve watched quite a few of the VR rooms and they don’t appear to brining in more tokens than other high-quality normal rooms. So, at least from our perspective, spending on new equipment, adding another piece of tech to the set up and needing to change how we perform (angles, lighting, etc) to provide a good VR experience to accommodate a small audience that doesn’t seem to tip more than regular viewers isn’t worth it.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Hi. I just discovered VR for the first time (StripChat). This was a completely different experience. I was also surprised by how few models are using VR. I know the equipment is pretty expensive and VR headsets have also been cost prohibitive. But with the recent drops in pricing on the Meta Quest 2 ($200 USD), I was hoping to get some opinions from models on the future of VR?

I am just another user here (ben using VR on SC for a few years now), but a few points:

• The cameras are very expensive, and there is ony one brand that can be used on SC, so that company has a monopoly, I am not saying that contributes to the price.. but it might. (there is a newer more expensive model camera available, released recently)
  • Models are charged an extra "premium" by SC for VR. i.e. My tips in VR are not worth the same amount to the model (they get less than if I tipped as a 2D user).
  • As @Katandsam pointed out, VR users do not tip any more or more often than normal users.
Those three points, at least, may make it less attractive to models to go to the extra expense, both financial and time spent configuring etc, to go VR.

You will notice (may have already) that the VR camera requires different lighting and or configuration to the normal 2D cams.

e.g. You can see a model in the thumbnail previews who is perfectly lit, wonderfully framed, looking beautiful and sexy, only to enter the room in VR to find you literally cannot see (too dark), or that the model is off to the side almost behind your shoulder, or so far away that they appear to be on the other side of a room the size of a small ballroom ... or all three! ;) ).

Many models seem completely oblivious to how their room looks in VR. I suspect these are studio models who have just been "thrown" into a VR room with no care or training.

Having said that, there are many models who *do* have the balance between the two cameras mastered.

Oh... yes, VR IS amazing! 👍