AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ban Banners on camera.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2010
You want to advertise your website?
Great!

But...

Is the below really the best way to do it?
It's truly massive, and detracts from people actually viewing the cam.

Please - if you must have this - and I understand why it might be desirable - try to minimize it!

For example.
Sexyone's URL is 'www.sexyone.com'. But - 'sexyone.com' works just fine.

So why have it all?
Secondly - does it really have to be _that_ large?

For example - place it in the bottom right corner, as

Sexy
One
.com

Or even better - as a poster on your wall.

Is it just me this annoys?

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,370
  • cake.png
    cake.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,371
Yeah it's pretty distracting and annoying. I've only used banners for a game we're playing or for highest tipper shout outs and that sort of thing. Example:

These girls might be trying to keep their info within their picture in order to get credit when their pics get posted on random sites around the internet. The most obvious one is the girl with the copyright symbol on her cam. Funny thing is, the image is property of MFC, so it's not actually copyrighted to her own website. :D I'm sure once an admin takes notice of it she'll be asked to remove it.

Attachments

• AmberCutie929.jpg
    AmberCutie929.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,368
Reactions: KayleePond
AmberCutie said:
Yeah it's pretty distracting and annoying. I've only used banners for a game we're playing or for highest tipper shout outs and that sort of thing. Example:

These girls might be trying to keep their info within their picture in order to get credit when their pics get posted on random sites around the internet. The most obvious one is the girl with the copyright symbol on her cam. Funny thing is, the image is property of MFC, so it's not actually copyrighted to her own website. :D I'm sure once an admin takes notice of it she'll be asked to remove it.

There is a banner somewhere in this screencap? Seriously? Didn't notice AT ALL!

What's even the point of that one??? :woops:

Reactions: ember_bb
ya she is over the top. Bem has been on for 30 hours and she is slaphappy drunk

Honestly? I don't have a problem with Amber's or Rosee's ... if you're going to put anything up there like that, it needs to be big enough that you know it's there (and still, small enough that it doesn't detract from your show ... rock/hard place?). And considering the way room topics get screwed over in chat all the time (they cut off after something like 80 characters in the banner above the chat window, and honestly, I don't have the energy to scroll through the backlog for the full topic, ha!), I think it's useful to put (concise) info, like a website or blog address, in the cam feed.

That said...

...those kissy lips are fucking useless.

Number one your sorry Fucks can take my picture down you fucking trashy bitches
The Reason every gurls should post links and names on there screen at all times is right there!. copying screen capping cam recording tramps just like YOU!......So they can get money from their own work not some thief stealing content and if it is stolen it self advertises!!!!!!.So fuck you i dont give two shits what u want..... Everygirl should learn from this more names more url's More Bigger and you dumb cunt bitches!
FYI myfreecams is overseas hard to sue BUT EVERYONE THAT LIVES IN AMERICA IS EASY TO SUE LMFBAO AND TRUST ME I KNOW THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET RICH DOIN WEBCAMMING SUEING THE IDIOT WHO STOLE YOUR WORK :dance: :lol:

CAPSLOCK MAKES YOU MORE IMPORTANT

MissStar said:

Amber is happy to oblige requests by a model to take down their picture though I believe she prefers polite requests. I'll come back to the trashy part a little further down.

MissStar said:
The Reason every gurls should post links and names on there screen at all times is right there!. copying screen capping cam recording tramps just like YOU!......So they can get money from their own work not some thief stealing content and if it is stolen it self advertises!!!!!!.

If you read that agreement they asked you to read when you signed up for your model account, you may have noticed that the content belongs to MFC and not you. Use of these pictures in situations such as on these forums would TYPICALLY fall under the umbrella of Fair Use in US Copyright law though I am sure legal loopholes ensure there are exceptions.

MissStar said:
So fuck you i dont give two shits what u want..... Everygirl should learn from this more names more url's More Bigger and you dumb cunt bitches!

Because it enhances your cam so much having your model name sprawled across your face. No... seriously. You should make yours bigger in fact. >_>

MissStar said:
FYI myfreecams is overseas hard to sue BUT EVERYONE THAT LIVES IN AMERICA IS EASY TO SUE LMFBAO AND TRUST ME I KNOW THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET RICH DOIN WEBCAMMING SUEING THE IDIOT WHO STOLE YOUR WORK :dance: :lol:

1. And you called US trashy?
2. Hope you're hiring a lawyer right now to come sue us all.
3. And you're calling US idiots?
4. LAWL

Reactions: AudreyAnna
MissStar said:
The Reason every gurls should post links and names on there screen at all times is right there!. copying screen capping cam recording tramps just like YOU!..

If you object to the pic, I assume the poster will remove it.
However - I - as the person that started the thread - wasn't complaining about the banners themselves, so much as the fact that they can be very, very off-putting.

I look at the picture, and the first thing I see is the text, not you.
It's right over your face.
Whatever people may think about you, they are almost certainly not tipping you for your choice of font on the banner.

If you want the text that large, then splitting it up into
"Miss
Star"
for example, and putting it at the bottom right corner would make it lots less likely to cover you.
Maybe even registering missstar-mfc.com as a website, and putting it as
MissStar-
MFC.com

That, in somewhat smaller text to the bottom right of the image would be fine.
If someone is just uploading your video, they are not going to take the time to crop it out.

:violin: fUCK OFF YOU LAME LIL BITCHES ...i'VE PPLAYED THIS GAME A THOUSAND TIMES STOP KISSING AMBERCUTIES ASS! YOU REJECTS......i KNOW WHAT I SAID AND SO DO YOU CAP LOCKS LMAO IT STAYS ON THIS TIME IT DOES JUST WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO....SECOND SUEING HER FOR ONE PIC? LMAO YOU SAID THAT TO GET HER HELP....YOU LAME ASS FAGS SHOULD STOP HIDING BEHIND WOMENS SKIRTS PUNK ASS BITCHES HOW THE HELL DO U THINK WE GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT U THINK...YOUR JUST A BUNCH OF FAT! BABY DICK LOSERS OR YOU WOULD GO GET A LIFE BUT OH NO.. NOW WHY DO THAT WHEN U COULD SIT ON THE INTERNET AND FANTASIZE ABOUT BEING A REAL MAN....YOU NOT FOOLING ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!!!LMAO :roll: :eek: :shock:

• Funny!
Reactions: penny moon
your not one of my premiums so i dont give a shit....and funny how you switch up....in another thread u said camscores are bullshit....the score means nothing to me ....the money keeps coming so i dont give a fuck....if you havent figured it out you are not someone i care about so fuck off ....loser your nothing but one of the bastards who does the cam recording and reposting on sites to get paid thats why u have soooo much time to try to get girls to take down their only form of protecting themselves lmao go suck a dick and Die!!!!

And I was worried the fun had ended but you somehow managed to squeeze some time from your life to make a return trip. Thanks!

MissStar said:
:violin: fUCK OFF YOU LAME LIL BITCHES ...i'VE PPLAYED THIS GAME A THOUSAND TIMES STOP KISSING AMBERCUTIES ASS!

But it is such a very nice ass. :(

MissStar said:
YOU REJECTS......i KNOW WHAT I SAID AND SO DO YOU CAP LOCKS LMAO IT STAYS ON THIS TIME IT DOES JUST WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO....

What is this I don't even

MissStar said:
SECOND SUEING HER FOR ONE PIC? LMAO YOU SAID THAT TO GET HER HELP....YOU LAME ASS FAGS SHOULD STOP HIDING BEHIND WOMENS SKIRTS PUNK ASS BITCHES

I can troll you and point out your failures without Amber's help, thanks. If I am hiding behind Amber's skirt, it is in an attempt to kiss her ass some more as you pointed out earlier.

MissStar said:
HOW THE HELL DO U THINK WE GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT U THINK...YOUR JUST A BUNCH OF FAT! BABY DICK LOSERS OR YOU WOULD GO GET A LIFE BUT OH NO.. NOW WHY DO THAT WHEN U COULD SIT ON THE INTERNET AND FANTASIZE ABOUT BEING A REAL MAN....YOU NOT FOOLING ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!!!LMAO :roll: :eek: :shock:

I got you to respond again. Victory for me. Can I get a 3rd response? As for being fat and the size of my penis I admit to being a rather heafty individual but typically refrain from commenting on my penis because I don't reckon most people care about it. As for my life or lack thereof I do not find going to clubs terribly enjoyable. I don't drink alcohol and most play shitty music. I do hang out with family and friends in other ways though often spend my evenings at home on the internet, watching television, or playing PS3 because I find these things enjoyable.

As for being a real man, you caught me. I'm still trying to become a real boy. :liar: That cricket lied to me!

Oh Snap! Bocefish evoked the 3rd reply before I finished this message! GO BOCE GO!

MissStar said:
your not one of my premiums so i dont give a shit....and funny how you switch up....in another thread u said camscores are bullshit....the score means nothing to me ....the money keeps coming so i dont give a fuck....if you havent figured it out you are not someone i care about so fuck off ....loser your nothing but one of the bastards who does the cam recording and reposting on sites to get paid thats why u have soooo much time to try to get girls to take down their only form of protecting themselves lmao go suck a dick and Die!!!!

News flash, you stupid bitch: This forum is not about making money. The people on it are not posting here to make money. This is a place for cool premiums and cool models to hang out and talk about MFC related things. Because we're all such cool people, we also end up discussing other things occassionally. That said, some of us have a background in trolling so people like you coming along causing drama make our day by giving us a target to troll and laugh at.

oh and here is something for the lames that dont get this thread ....guys record cams ....girls lose money......they quit...less girl less cams to record....do it too much and boom no cam girls at all then what .....you support these sites and we leave ....maybe u dont care about me good i dont care....but your favorite cam model quits because she is making less money than the content thief.... from her own body ...all thanks to these losers! BRAVO!!!!

yawn what a lie.....btw not one girl would be on one cam site if it wasn't for money lmao you lying to yourself
hell when was the last time u got one girl on yahoo to cam with u for free? lmao

MissStar said:
oh and here is something for the lames that dont get this thread ....guys record cams ....girls lose money......they quit...less girl less cams to record....do it too much and boom no cam girls at all then what .....you support these sites and we leave ....maybe u dont care about me good i dont care....but your favorite cam model quits because she is making less money than the content thief.... from her own body ...all thanks to these losers! BRAVO!!!!

How will something taken from your FREE/PUBLIC cam effect what you earn? *confused* I could understand if someone posted pictures from a group or private session, but if it's something anyone can see for free anyway, I don't understand what the problem is? If anything, surely it'd be advertising?
But maybe I've missed the point, hmm.

Obviously it's the same with films and music, they lose money because people would have bought everything they downloaded, hang on no they wouldn't ...

Do you actually comprehend written English or do you just spew out mostly incomprehensible strings of words in an attempt to communicate? If you could actually COMPREHEND what has been written, you wouldn't keep saying the same incorrect statements over and over again. Then, just maybe, some of us would care about your statements rather than dismissing them as being completely unfounded.

AngelicTease said:
MissStar said:

How will something taken from your FREE/PUBLIC cam effect what you earn? *confused* I could understand if someone posted pictures from a group or private session, but if it's something anyone can see for free anyway, I don't understand what the problem is? If anything, surely it'd be advertising?
But maybe I've missed the point, hmm.

okay if you dont have your name on it where is the advertising thats the point they dont want it on there or sooo small it can be cropped out

There are guys out there making more than we do from our content it kind of hard to use video with names and urls on them

Status
Not open for further replies.