AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with First Choice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHOICE BANK LIQUIDATION UPDATE Schedule of Actions Pursuant to Section 112(1) (c) of the Domestic Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 2012 (DBFIA), the liquidator of Choice Bank Limited has prepared and filed a Schedule of Actions (“the Schedule”) proposed to be taken for the winding-up of Choice Bank Limited. The Schedule is available for inspection at the office of Choice Bank Limited: Paradise Point Building, Marine Parade, Belize City. With reference to Section 113(1) of the DBFIA, any objections to the Schedule must be filed with the Central Bank of Belize by 20 March 2019. The objection form can be found HERE or on the website of Choice Bank-in-liquidation (www.choicebanklimitedinliquidation.com).

Most of us cant just go to Choice Bank office in Belize to inspect the schedule. And until now the liquidator has not put the schedule on the website. So without knowing what the schedule is how can we make an objection to how much the liquidator will give our money back. They can say they will only give our money back for 5 or 10 percent and we will never know about it. And the deadline to make any objection is only 18 days away. This is getting fishy in my opinion. They know most of us cant go to Belize to inspect it.

Anybody here who lives in Belize or close to it? Or have any friends or relatives in Belize? Who can go to Choice Bank office to inspect the schedule.

I believe this is our end game...they will give us pennies just to say we didnt get nothing...i do not know if in this schedule also info and announcements about amounts they plan to pay us?...i tought they should announce it till 1. Of march that...or let us know over email....i cant believe we cant do nothing about anything...:(

I believe this is our end game...they will give us pennies just to say we didnt get nothing...i do not know if in this schedule also info and announcements about amounts they plan to pay us?...i tought they should announce it till 1. Of march that...or let us know over email....i cant believe we cant do nothing about anything...:(
Yes they are already announced it at Choice Bank office on 1st March...and I believe the announcement includes information about how much they are going to pay us. They can announce to pay us any percentage or even pennies and we will not know about it if we dont inspect it at their office. As for emails maybe they will inform us after the objection deadline passed, and by then we will not have a chance to object anything and whatever they are going to give back is final at that point. So those who get the "claim accepted" email should not feel happy if the liquidator doesnt put any announcement on their website or email before 20th of March.

Either way i think we can not change what they decided to give us...with forms or not, they can say and do what ever they like...what can we do?! And why they should not try to take it? There is nothing on internet about it! It is scary...even few forums got quiet...it gets a feeling like there are just few of us not ten of thousends...i understand that many lost just a little and got over it...but there are a lot of bigger losers too...i cannot bealive either that everyone is rellay they will get their money back and in full so that is the reason why there is no buzz out there at least...

I don't get any email from Firstchoice since 29 January which they say my claim has approved full. Anybody dont get email from them for the confirmation about how much we will get in the end?

I think everybody still waiting to see what’s gonna happen that’s why so quiet.... I am thinking they only send the email to those who they think something is not valid so they can send their form of complain and after that they will decide how much money are left and split it to the rest... I don’t know... just an idea. Or maybe they didn’t finish to send the email to all yet... will see the next few days...:(

CHOICE BANK LIQUIDATION UPDATE Schedule of Actions Pursuant to Section 112(1) (c) of the Domestic Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 2012 (DBFIA), the liquidator of Choice Bank Limited has prepared and filed a Schedule of Actions (“the Schedule”) proposed to be taken for the winding-up of Choice Bank Limited. The Schedule is available for inspection at the office of Choice Bank Limited: Paradise Point Building, Marine Parade, Belize City. With reference to Section 113(1) of the DBFIA, any objections to the Schedule must be filed with the Central Bank of Belize by 20 March 2019. The objection form can be found HERE or on the website of Choice Bank-in-liquidation (www.choicebanklimitedinliquidation.com).

Most of us cant just go to Choice Bank office in Belize to inspect the schedule. And until now the liquidator has not put the schedule on the website. So without knowing what the schedule is how can we make an objection to how much the liquidator will give our money back. They can say they will only give our money back for 5 or 10 percent and we will never know about it. And the deadline to make any objection is only 18 days away. This is getting fishy in my opinion. They know most of us cant go to Belize to inspect it.

Anybody here who lives in Belize or close to it? Or have any friends or relatives in Belize? Who can go to Choice Bank office to inspect the schedule.

I wouldn't panic or book a flight to Belize just yet, it's only one working day after the 1st March so the optimistic view is that we will still receive an official communication individually from the liquidator. He has committed to such in his video interview which is still on the Central Bank's website, in which he is asked, "How will they know about the final amount to be paid to them?", to which he replied, "In terms of communication the liquidator will communicate with each and every single claimant individually. The liquidator has contact information based on the claims that were submitted, and we will do it either through the website or by email or both. The email information that we have will ensure that we reach out to each and every claimant, and advise of the decision of the liquidator in relation to their claims. We will do so with sufficient time and we will also advise the claimants what they may do and how they may appeal against the decision if they’re not satisfied with the result or the determination of the liquidator in relation to their particular claim." I just sent him an email referencing his statement in the video and asking when I will be informed as to the decision relating to my individual claim. I'll share any news I might get back from him (fingers crossed!).

PS: Here's the link to video: http://www.choicebanklimitedinliquidation.com/en/

• Helpful!
Reactions: HelenaL and Aleexx
It s a missinformation from the girl answering the phones. There is no list with amounts and percentages for each claimant. The percentage will be revealed at the end. The proposed actions contains only general information about the liquidation process. Ask for the older lady on the phone.After 10198262 calls seems that the young lady lied again.

We can send the objection form till march 20th, so the have to send an email asap! I didn't get any answer but if everybody had the email saying they will send zero, I don't know what to think I was always optimiist but now I have the feeling that nobody will receive our money, and what can we do then?

Well not everyone got that email about the claim being denied. I didnt get it. So can't object to anything yet.

Me also didn’t get that second email... I see some ppl did some didn’t... idk if they still sending thou emails or they finished and what’s gonna happen

The objection form is put there because they should announced the amounts and plan of how much we will be paid and when....not because of those emails. It should be done till the end of february so they can start some payoffs in march. Obviously they are late with schedule...

Also i didn't recive any e-mail about to reject my claim. I think we don't have to panic for now. Who recived the e-mail saying about will get 0$, they sent id notarized or simply a copy? I notarized the id and also the passport and i sent many informations as i could find.

Also i didn't recive any e-mail about to reject my claim. I think we don't have to panic for now. Who recived the e-mail saying about will get 0$, they sent id notarized or simply a copy? I notarized the id and also the passport and i sent many informations as i could find.
i got this emails,same as Nicky,first that i will be payed,second after month that will get 0,and i sent all

A notarized copy, even with a notarized translation from my native language into English,pics, screenshots,card agrement,transactions,messages in my account(emails),mails from fcp on my email,
scanned card and so on....

I wouldn't panic or book a flight to Belize just yet, it's only one working day after the 1st March so the optimistic view is that we will still receive an official communication individually from the liquidator. He has committed to such in his video interview which is still on the Central Bank's website, in which he is asked, "How will they know about the final amount to be paid to them?", to which he replied, "In terms of communication the liquidator will communicate with each and every single claimant individually. The liquidator has contact information based on the claims that were submitted, and we will do it either through the website or by email or both. The email information that we have will ensure that we reach out to each and every claimant, and advise of the decision of the liquidator in relation to their claims. We will do so with sufficient time and we will also advise the claimants what they may do and how they may appeal against the decision if they’re not satisfied with the result or the determination of the liquidator in relation to their particular claim." I just sent him an email referencing his statement in the video and asking when I will be informed as to the decision relating to my individual claim. I'll share any news I might get back from him (fingers crossed!).

PS: Here's the link to video: http://www.choicebanklimitedinliquidation.com/en/
did u sent objection form?

I joined the forum just to join this conversation. It is our right to get our money back. The forum does seem to be "empty" when supposedly thousands of people should be gathering here, but I understand people might be silently just waiting. Hopefully everything will end up fair and alright in the end.. but if not, we really should do something and not just accept it.

Like many here, I first got a confirmation email stating that my claim was allowed and valid. Then few weeks later I received an email stating that my claim was rejected ($0.00). But then there was also a third email, saying to disregard the last email, so it does seem like the liquidator sent it by mistake.

It does make it confusing if we should file the objection form just to be sure it is sent before the due date (March 20th). I already sent an email asking when will we know the amount, how and when we will get paid. I haven't heard anything back yet. But if there are no posted news on the website regarding how much they'll pay, or no individual emails prior to March 20th, I will file the objection form the day before March 20th.. because that would assure that they can't just pay anything because the liquidator decided there isn't enough proof when there is, an also that they can't pay whatever they decide to without letting us know the exact amount before the due date for the filing of the objection form. So by filing the form before the due date assures you're objecting for the total amount shown in your statements.

In the Objection form it states that "A Schedule of Actions to be taken for the purpose of the winding-up has been prepared by the Liquidator as required by Section 112(1)(c) of the DBFIA and was made available for inspection at the office of Choice Bank, Paradise Point Building, Marine Parade, Belize City, on March 1, 2019" -> the "winding up" means selling all assets, paying off creditors, and distributing remaining assets to the partners or shareholders. So that information has been made available at the office in Belize but obviously we can't just go there! There is no info whether that will be sent by email on put publicly on their website, except in the interview video where the liquidator said so.

It also stated in the Objection form "If deemed necessary, a hearing on your objection may be scheduled. You will be notified of the manner, place, date and time of your hearing. Notice of the hearing will be served using the contact information provided on the Objection Form. Failure to attend the hearing will result in your objection being determined in your absence." -> That is also insane! If they schedule a date for each one of us to show up at court, we would all have to go to Belize for our own hearings! (Belize is the country where the hearings will likely happen). That means hiring an attorney from Belize at least to act on our behalf, or we need to spend the money in order to fly there, show up in person and appeal the total amount + the case expenses. If not, they will determine the decision (likely not in our favor as we won't even be there) and they'd win the case.

How much of the mentioned above people will do depends on how much money people have pending in their accounts. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to trust ChoiceBank and keep over $10k in my account, which I regret never withdrawing :( It is really physically and emotionally depressing/stressful the thought that they've been holding our money for all these months and I might not see it again... money that I worked hard for a considerable period of time in my life. I'm still trying to be optimistic though. I hope all of us will see a fair amount of our earned money back and just feel...relieved...!

When you get depressed, just imagine there are almost 9x more stupid people then you(me) :) and it does not ends there! After few months choice gone into liquidation my other bank, real state bank facing also that! So every savings that i have been worked for in past 12 years are gone! So i wish i was you:)
I plan at least to start website and blog just for this...to try to gather as much people we can and make a buzz online, since no one knows now what they did to us...maybe one day we will have an opportunity to sue payoneer! They are much liable for this in many ways....and at the end they only will have money to pay haha...

Yes, notarized id and i sent everything i could.

I didnt get a third e-mail as MHamilton did, i will post if i do. I think i will do the same, waiting to fill out the objection form.

I'm thinking of that money as tax. It's the only way i can handle losing $6k. Because i was stupid not taking out every penny i had. I trusted a bank to keep my money safe, i actually thought FCP is the safest option. Lesson learned. It was very stressful when it happened last year. The thought of $6000 gone, money i worked hard so i can buy a house, just gone. Here in Hungary that is a nice amount of money and i lost it because i kept it in a bank. It was difficult to accept. I am hopeful i get some, or all my money back, but if not, then its more tax i had to pay.

The liquidator and team didn't explain in the second email why do they reject the claim, so how can the objection claim be filled if nobody knows why? they ask why in the form. we can say because we send ID notarized and all the support data as proof of the money we have there, it's like do everything again. They should say why.

I think who received the eail must contact asap the central bank of belize explaining the situation.

@avantgart I agree, the truth is that we cannot trust any bank. We trust these corporations giving them our money and it only makes the banks more powerful. The internet is a great tool but they want to control it too, which also means everything is getting digital, including money. If things keep going this way, eventually there won't be paper cash anymore and most transactions will be done with "digital money" electronically online and through card transactions. That way, the banks will have full control of how much money we all have, they'll be able to charge any fees they decide, and keep track of who pays taxes. There are a few documentaries about this subject actually. Unfortunately banks really do rule the economy at the moment. The problem is that if you don't put your money in a bank, you feel vulnerable as well - where will you put it? Either in your home, in a 'secret place' anywhere you think it's hidden, exchange for gold or hide in a bank safe deposit box (which you're not 'supposed' to do - because obviously the bank can't keep track of your money anymore - but keep in mind that if anything 'fishy' shows up, they could 'lock' your box, even though that is rare). The point is this could happen with any online banking such as stupid PayPal (who doesn't even allow any 'adult' related money exchange), and it could happen to the biggest physical banks in any country, even though it's harder to happen, if it does, it's a huge crisis (similar like it happened in Russia). So in the end our money is vulnerable anywhere, it's a percentage of risks difference, but by having most people's $ in the bank is what keeps these banks in power ruling our economy. As I am part of the 'people' and not the 1% of the world's richest population (bank owners, politicians, etc), I do not like the idea that I am transferring my power and trust to them - because of that, this is why I have this regret with Choice bank limited. Again, it could happen with any other bank you chose to use. And they really wanna pursue you and make you feel like you can trust them, just like so many people are alienated watching television crap all day, there are also people microchipping themselves for the 'convenience' of just scanning their arms to pay for something and being cash/wallet free. That is a terrifying idea to me, have a microchip implanted under your skin with all your 'electronic money' trusted by a financial institution!

@Claudia Smith Yes in the objection form it says: "Please explain in the space provided below, the reasons why you believe your claim should be allowed or other proposed action of the Liquidator should be modified. Copies of all supporting documents that you wish to be reviewed by the Central Bank must be submitted with this Form." -> Basically the reasons why the claim should be allowed is because of all the proofs we have, so we would send all documents that we have to show proof (likely the same as we sent for the claims - notarized ID, statements, card numbers, etc). Regarding the other proposed actions of the Liquidator to be modified, you are right, we do not know his decision, but that is because he did not publicly informed through the website or each one of us by email about the Schedule of Actions where it states the purposes of the winding-up yet. So for now, unless we go to Belize, we don't know! So I believe that is a objection in itself, you would basically state that because the Liquidator has neither informed you through your contact information submitted in your claim forms nor publicly on their website as he said so in his video interview, you are not aware of the Liquidator's decision... Except for his last email (if your claim was allowed or rejected, or both, you'll send copies of these with the objection). And because you are not a resident of Belize, you were not allowed to physically go see the liquidator's decision within the 20 days given.
So the objection would be to any decision the Liquidator decided that is not allowing your claim as valid in the full amount - which means your objection would be to literally get all your money in case the Liquidator decision was any different than that. If the Liquidator's decision agrees with yours (which would be to pay the full amount objected by the claimant), then they should just disregard the objection and pay in full (not sure how likely that would be to happen though). Unfortunately if they schedule a hearing in person, I am not sure how many people would be willing to travel abroad for that purpose, and if not showing up, they will decide without us there and we won't be there to make any more objections, therefore that will be the final decision from the court. If they decide to schedule the hearing and we cannot go indeed, I believe we should look into getting a lawyer to represent and speak for us at the hearing.

@Nicky2000 I'm sorry, I feel for you too, we all try to find something in our minds to cope with the idea of losing our money. It's good that thinking of it as tax worked for you, even though that is a whole lot of taxes lol. But whichever excuse we think of so it give us some peace of mind, I just feel I'll never really accept this because it's a really unfair and traumatizing 'lesson', so it will always be a scar of regret there. But again, I'm still have hopes for the money back.

And to everyone - it is hard! not only the idea we might lose our money for our honest work, but also there is this fear in the air to fight because we are part of the adult industry. Many people keep it as a secret in their personal lives and just open up online, wether you're a cam model, a porn star or a high class escort, our job is not well accepted in our society so it is really tough and frustrating! I actually quit my career few years ago because I decided to pursuit something else, but this side will always be with me throughout my life, and it gave me so much freedom and a feeling of power in a positive way. It opened my eyes, it gave me a lot of free time and money to enjoy my life in my 20's... now that I'm almost 30 years old, I decided I wanna change paths not because of fear, but because I stopped getting the 'high' of the job, got tired of it, my personality changed and I started having other interests in my personal life such as more financial stability, monogamous intimacy, etc.. but I can say I was happy, proud and lucky I could put my youth, rebellion and artistic side out there and the adult business made it possible. I've been keeping a part of my earned money with First Choice thinking it was safe for the last few years, so it breaks my heart with regret, but then in the end of life - that's just money they're taking away from me, don't let it affect your mind!

guys. so objection form should be filled up only by those who got the 2nd email stating they r getting 0 ? or everybody to be sure? i have just got the 1st email

I have question why my amount was allowed for pay and other people not ?

i send documents too late , my passport was not verify by notary and i m sure that i made some mistakes in claim because my english is not good,,i think that was just like random draw.

@MHamilton You are young! I ove your words, thank you...

I'm still waiting an answer, I sent an email asking for news but I haven't received the second email yet.

I'd love if someone living in Belize or near Belize can go there and see the schedule and get news from there...

I have question why my amount was allowed for pay and other people not ?

i send documents too late , my passport was not verify by notary and i m sure that i made some mistakes in claim because my english is not good,,i think that was just like random draw.
Maybe because you have under 5000 $.

Status
Not open for further replies.