AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scam Alert - Chaturbate "Token Challenge"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2023
Well, I feel like a total fucking idiot, I'm humiliated but I want to try and help other models avoid making the same mistake as I did because honestly this scam was super convincing, at least for a newer model (I've been camming since mid-April).

I had this purple user come into my room once before, and in hindsight the fact that the same exact thing happened the first time should have been a red flag but my family is 2 months behind on our mortgage right now, I saw dollar signs and logic and healthy skepticism just went out the window. I would be happy to post the username, I'm just not sure if that's allowed, I also have screenshots of our PMs attached but I blacked out the username just so this doesn't get taken down. If it's not allowed and you would like the username, feel free to reach out to me on IG: crazy_8point5s and I'll send it to you. Anyhow, he comes in, tips me a few tokens, and then another user tipped me to tell me that he had seen purple user (we will call him CB_Douche or CBD) tip 50k tokens one time so it might be worth a PM. The first time this happened I was engaged with another viewer on another cam site so I never reached out to him. This morning, however, it was super slow and I was at the very least intrigued.

As you can see from our conversation, he proceeded to ask if I would be interested in trying his "token challenge". Essentially I do a series of escalating tasks to "earn points", until I "surrender" and I get the amount of points earned in tokens. Since he was purple, and this other user is telling me he's seen it before, red flags didn't immediately go off, it didn't even occur to me that he wouldn't be tipping me first, that's how clouded my judgment got at the promise of a large sum of money. Honestly if I didn't miss out on making money off of a few of my regulars this morning (during the 'show' I had several people that I go private with regularly reach out asking if I wanted to go private again today) and if he didn't have me performing something very dangerous (I'll go into this in a bit) I would have been almost impressed with how clever this scam was. Whoever this is, he's a piece of shit, but he's certainly not stupid. I'm not either, I am usually pretty keen to spot a scam, and usually hold my cards pretty close to my chest, but again, we are pretty hard up at the moment and I have kids, I thought maybe this could be the big break I've been hoping for. Looking back, the fact that this guy was offering such a large sum of money for one show should have been all the information I needed to say no and block, but I had my rose colored glasses on and missed all the red flags.

After I said I wanted to give the challenge a shot, he told me to add him on Instagram so he could send me something. I do this and he sends me 3 videos of girls talking about how they were the new record holder and how they planned on spending their money. The first one the girl said she got over 2 million tokens. I don't know how he got these videos, maybe he has a few piece of shit friends in the industry (or just IRL) that he convinced to make these videos for him or something. Any woman that supports the exploitation of other women is a disgusting piece of trash (almost as bad as the scammer himself) and I am half tempted to post those videos to see if anyone recognizes them so they can be called out for their gross behavior, but again, not sure if that sort of thing is allowed. Maybe I'll post them to my IG or something. Anyhow, he tells me he will tip me an extra 1000 tokens if I join his IG live, which I thought was so I could see him while I was performing, but he had it set so his camera was blurred and my phone camera was on, so this dick just wanted another angle of the show, and when I joined I saw several other people join his live (which was set to private) so he wanted to give his friends a free show too. It was also probably recorded, which I really don't care that much about, my shit has been leaked already, I don't stress about it, I see it as exposure and move on.

He then tells me he will tip me another 7,500 tokens if I also join on my "other IG account". I don't know if this guy just assumed I had a personal IG account or if they researched me first, but I deactivated my personal IG account when I started my OF to protect my privacy. I told him this and this was the first thing that set off my radar. I asked him what he wanted to do with that account, it didn't really make sense to me why he wanted me to join with two accounts at the time, I still don't really know what the motivation is here other than wanting to get my real identity, which there are a number of nefarious things he could do with that info, including doxxing me, trying to blackmail me (jokes on him, my family already found out about my new career choice), even stalking, so I am really glad that I didn't get involved with that. I still moved forward with the "show", which guys, please, if you have any inkling that something isn't sitting right, listen to your intuition, it's usually spot on.

What happened next makes me sick to my stomach thinking about. I can't believe I actually went through with this, considering how dangerous it was and how it made me look, I feel pathetic and desperate and just all around ashamed of myself. He said light purple ride - which I thought at first he was referring to my purple dildo, so I set it up on my riding mat and starting doing my thing. He then said lava lamp, which I have one (it hasn't been plugged in since I first got it, so it wasn't hot or anything) on my side table next to my futon, and I was just like,.. um okay, it didn't seem like a big deal at first because I mean it's smooth and glass and the top of it is narrower so I figured what the hell. Only, the top of it isn't glued on or anything, and the lamp itself isn't glued to the base, so I couldn't just set it down on the floor, I had to hold it, and at first the top fell off and I didn't realize it, and I look at the lamp and it's sealed with a fucking bottle cap. I say something like, dude, this is a bottle cap, it's going to tear me apart. Even still, I'm a very competitive person, and I didn't want to puss out on the first thing he's asking me to do, so I sat down and attempted to use it (not while riding, just sitting, I wanted to see if it was even possible). Well before I managed to do this, I see the top on the floor. The fact that I was willing to even try with the bottle cap makes me want to puke typing this out. However, even with the real top on it, it's not secured, and its metal, and the edges stick out a little. He says he just wants me to tease it at first tho, so I don't let it go in past that point, not at first at least.

During this time, my husband comes into my cam room, sees what I'm doing and the look on his face was just pure confusion. I see the concern on his face and I shrug it off at first. Then CBD tells me the next "challenge", to repeatedly call myself a whore and say that I'm going to "beat all the other silly girls". I swear to god if this asshole uses this video to lure other girls into his scheme, I'm going to go postal. I only said it once or twice, cause that's a really weird fucking thing to repeat over and over and tbh I'm terrible at dirty talk anyway. He then tells me that my pussy can "take the whole thing", instructing me to go deeper. And I did, very carefully, but the top kept catching on my vagina. I'm sore AF today, and only have myself to blame for even doing this. I do this for a few minutes, and he goes silent. After I don't hear anything from him for a few minutes, I stop, mute my mic and go over to my husband behind camera to talk about it. I didn't want to keep going because of how painful it was starting to get, and at that point I was starting to get suspicious since he stopped talking. I go back to my camera, say that I'm not going to continue with the lava lamp because if it breaks I would get very seriously hurt, and who tf knows what's inside a lava lamp, my husband at the time thought it was toxic but I looked it up after, it doesn't appear to contain toxic chemicals, but I imagine if they got inside me at the very least I would have major issues, maybe burns, who tf knows. Either way it was very unsafe for me to use as a toy. I say that I'll keep going with something else but the lava lamp was off the table. The IG live then ends, and he leaves my CB room immediately. I just sat there stunned for a few minutes, on camera, embarrassed and just completely and utterly ashamed with myself. I finally snapped out of it, ended my stream, and messaged him on instagram, saying something along the lines of "since you just left I'm going to guess you aren't going to be sending me the tokens you promised, huh? He doesn't say anything for like 45 minutes, then responds with some lame ass excuse that he "had to take a call" and that he is now travelling but he will be back on later and that's when he will tip me. It's now almost 12 hours later, no tokens, and all he has done is send me a photo of his feet standing next to a bag at the airport. Who knows if this is even his, it really honestly doesn't matter. He was capable of using instagram, but apparently could not login to chaturbate and click a few buttons to tip me. If by some miracle this dude actually does wind up tipping me, I will update this post and apologize to him, but I'm not holding out any hope that will happen, I'm certain at this point this was an elaborate scam, I just don't know why this asshole is still trying to string me along. My only guess is that he likely gets off on the power aspect of all of this, and is attempting to use false hope to retain some of that power. Unfortunately for him I'm way past that, he isn't getting any more out of me, and I'm trying to come up with a clever way to get some payback, if anyone has any ideas please share. I'm taking ownership of this, not letting it scare me off of camming (my initial reaction was that I wouldn't be using Chaturbate for awhile, but no, fuck this guy, he's not going to fuck with the site that I have the highest following on and make the most money on on a very consistent basis.

That's pretty much it, sorry this was so long winded, but I feel like the details are important so other models know what to look out for. Please, please, PLEASE do not agree to anything that even sounds remotely like this, please do not allow your vision to be blurred by dollar signs, this is the worst feeling knowing how I was taken advantage of and that I was a willing participant in my own exploitation. If anyone has any details on who this guy might be, or has any ideas on how to try and expose this piece of shit so he can be stopped from hurting other models, please share it. I'm not even that upset about the money, just that I agreed to do it, and that I was willing to do something so reckless all for the sake of that dolla bill yo. My dignity is still intact though, cause I'll be damned if I allow this creep to take that from me as well. Holding my head high and jumping back on the horse this afternoon. Please help spread awareness about this despicable scheme and slimeball!!!

Attachments

• CBD convo.jpg
    CBD convo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Couldn't hurt to report the dirtbag control freak to CB.

I often see scamming control-freaks like that one targeting new broadcasters :mad: I suggest CB's "report post" next time.

BTW if you need some cheering up, have a peek at the prospective scammer below's bio page...dude needs to spend a bit more time on his Photoshop skills :D (for male CB users, you will need to set your own bio prefs to "I am a woman" to view the scumbag's bio, it's worth the effort though for the giggles)

Attachments

• scammer.jpg
    scammer.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 47
Couldn't hurt to report the dirtbag control freak to CB.

I often see scamming control-freaks like that one targeting new broadcasters :mad: I suggest CB's "report post" next time.

BTW if you need some cheering up, have a peek at the prospective scammer below's bio page...dude needs to spend a bit more time on his Photoshop skills :D (for male CB users, you will need to set your own bio prefs to "I am a woman" to view the scumbag's bio, it's worth the effort though for the giggles)
Reported him right after it happened! Thanks for the smile, def needed it. Not letting this creep get me down tho, bout to hop back on the horse :)

I am so sorry that happened to you. I totally feel your pain and disappointment for being scammed and humiliated in this way.

If it's any constellation, I believe every cam model has once in their career fallen for a scam. It is almost like a baptism to the career. I personally fell for a fake proof of payment. I hate the feeling it gave me when I realised I had been had.

Hugs, keep your chin up and consider it a lesson learned and a hard ass welcome to the industry.

• Hugs
Reactions: autumnstorm423
I hope you at least try to report him, because this IS a sick thing to do, and I'm really sorry it happened to you!

People that exploit ANYONE or help in it are scumbags, and I hope support will help get him off the platform.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuperPookie
I'm sorry you got scammed.

I would agree with others about reporting him if it wasnt for the fact, that you broke the rules of both platforms you interacted with him on - it was against the rules on CB to use that lamp for penetration and against the rules on IG to do anything sexually explicit there. If you report him you on either platform you very likely might lose your accounts. Losing an IG account is not the end of the world, but I imagine you don't want to end up permabanned on CB because of this dickhead.

I know exactly what loser you are talking about!!!

Same thing with me where some random guy came into my room on CB and said in public chat that the guy whose username began with R when I encountered him was in my room and he tips lots of money to girls so I should PM him. I decided that dude was this R guy's partner, and I was intrigued with their angle. I love when people think they can play me cause I entertain myself by trapping them in a web made of their own string. Hehe. I also wasn't sure that he would try to not pay me, so I was allowing such an interaction to occur.

So, the R guy told me about the "challenge" thing. I did not understand he wanted me to flash my nip or do whatever before he would pay me. I said I was not sure about a nip slip without payment up front because I don't do stuff for free. He talked himself up more about being some big shot on CB and tried to compliment my beauty, blah, blah and tell me I need to 'trust him' as that is part of the challenge. I decided a nip slip would be fine for free for when the guy saw my bewb's eyeball and zoomed away to log out. I also wanted to keep him on the hook to see what he would do.

He did not pay me till I said k gimme tokens now plez. Then he paid the couple tokens. He then wanted a butt flash to which I said yes. He wanted some next thing after that before paying me for the butt flash. I said nope! So he hung around in my room for a bit with nervous energy and I got busy with other people and stuff going on and he was not my focus. He then paid me all 30 tokens or whatever and 10 extra and left my room.

I could tell he seemed embarrassed and now I can deduce why. Aka I was speaking about the situation in public chat not realizing he would rather have not paid me and had no one know, but that was making him feel visible to other members and thus he paid me. (Cause who cares about the models huh! :-0 What an ass!). He then floated in and out of my room every so often after that. The next day I came on, he floated in and out of my room again, said nothing and tipped nothing, and he hasn't come into my room since.

I could tell he was not happy that I was not gonna do whatever crap he wanted without money first because I had my 'new' tag on my username, and he hoped I wasn't an old hat. I am so sorry you had to deal with this utter tool. I have been scammed before in this industry, just not in the camming medium, hence why I was lucky to not have this loser get me good like he wanted. I see he wised up by getting away from CB and onto IG so no other non-models would have to see him NOT tip after claiming to be a big shot and manipulating people like a freak.

I would love for him to have some of the energy he projects mirrored back into him times a few million! I thought I would let you know that I, too, got to virtually encounter this douche. I am so sorry. What a creep!!!!!

I've heard of this before on chat roulette like sites. Do various tasks to score more points leading starting at waving and then going further into more explicit stuff. (Still surprised people expose themselves on those sites for free)

Honestly never occurred to me they would try it on cb.

There's a guy going around Manyvids at the minute asking models to PM him about a proposition, followed by lots of dollar emojis. Wonder if that's something similar.

There's a guy going around Manyvids at the minute asking models to PM him about a proposition, followed by lots of dollar emojis. Wonder if that's something similar.

If i had a nickel for all the times a user sent me a proposition with dollar emojis, i could retire today.

I'm so
Well, I feel like a total fucking idiot, I'm humiliated but I want to try and help other models avoid making the same mistake as I did because honestly this scam was super convincing, at least for a newer model (I've been camming since mid-April).

I had this purple user come into my room once before, and in hindsight the fact that the same exact thing happened the first time should have been a red flag but my family is 2 months behind on our mortgage right now, I saw dollar signs and logic and healthy skepticism just went out the window. I would be happy to post the username, I'm just not sure if that's allowed, I also have screenshots of our PMs attached but I blacked out the username just so this doesn't get taken down. If it's not allowed and you would like the username, feel free to reach out to me on IG: crazy_8point5s and I'll send it to you. Anyhow, he comes in, tips me a few tokens, and then another user tipped me to tell me that he had seen purple user (we will call him CB_Douche or CBD) tip 50k tokens one time so it might be worth a PM. The first time this happened I was engaged with another viewer on another cam site so I never reached out to him. This morning, however, it was super slow and I was at the very least intrigued.

As you can see from our conversation, he proceeded to ask if I would be interested in trying his "token challenge". Essentially I do a series of escalating tasks to "earn points", until I "surrender" and I get the amount of points earned in tokens. Since he was purple, and this other user is telling me he's seen it before, red flags didn't immediately go off, it didn't even occur to me that he wouldn't be tipping me first, that's how clouded my judgment got at the promise of a large sum of money. Honestly if I didn't miss out on making money off of a few of my regulars this morning (during the 'show' I had several people that I go private with regularly reach out asking if I wanted to go private again today) and if he didn't have me performing something very dangerous (I'll go into this in a bit) I would have been almost impressed with how clever this scam was. Whoever this is, he's a piece of shit, but he's certainly not stupid. I'm not either, I am usually pretty keen to spot a scam, and usually hold my cards pretty close to my chest, but again, we are pretty hard up at the moment and I have kids, I thought maybe this could be the big break I've been hoping for. Looking back, the fact that this guy was offering such a large sum of money for one show should have been all the information I needed to say no and block, but I had my rose colored glasses on and missed all the red flags.

After I said I wanted to give the challenge a shot, he told me to add him on Instagram so he could send me something. I do this and he sends me 3 videos of girls talking about how they were the new record holder and how they planned on spending their money. The first one the girl said she got over 2 million tokens. I don't know how he got these videos, maybe he has a few piece of shit friends in the industry (or just IRL) that he convinced to make these videos for him or something. Any woman that supports the exploitation of other women is a disgusting piece of trash (almost as bad as the scammer himself) and I am half tempted to post those videos to see if anyone recognizes them so they can be called out for their gross behavior, but again, not sure if that sort of thing is allowed. Maybe I'll post them to my IG or something. Anyhow, he tells me he will tip me an extra 1000 tokens if I join his IG live, which I thought was so I could see him while I was performing, but he had it set so his camera was blurred and my phone camera was on, so this dick just wanted another angle of the show, and when I joined I saw several other people join his live (which was set to private) so he wanted to give his friends a free show too. It was also probably recorded, which I really don't care that much about, my shit has been leaked already, I don't stress about it, I see it as exposure and move on.

He then tells me he will tip me another 7,500 tokens if I also join on my "other IG account". I don't know if this guy just assumed I had a personal IG account or if they researched me first, but I deactivated my personal IG account when I started my OF to protect my privacy. I told him this and this was the first thing that set off my radar. I asked him what he wanted to do with that account, it didn't really make sense to me why he wanted me to join with two accounts at the time, I still don't really know what the motivation is here other than wanting to get my real identity, which there are a number of nefarious things he could do with that info, including doxxing me, trying to blackmail me (jokes on him, my family already found out about my new career choice), even stalking, so I am really glad that I didn't get involved with that. I still moved forward with the "show", which guys, please, if you have any inkling that something isn't sitting right, listen to your intuition, it's usually spot on.

What happened next makes me sick to my stomach thinking about. I can't believe I actually went through with this, considering how dangerous it was and how it made me look, I feel pathetic and desperate and just all around ashamed of myself. He said light purple ride - which I thought at first he was referring to my purple dildo, so I set it up on my riding mat and starting doing my thing. He then said lava lamp, which I have one (it hasn't been plugged in since I first got it, so it wasn't hot or anything) on my side table next to my futon, and I was just like,.. um okay, it didn't seem like a big deal at first because I mean it's smooth and glass and the top of it is narrower so I figured what the hell. Only, the top of it isn't glued on or anything, and the lamp itself isn't glued to the base, so I couldn't just set it down on the floor, I had to hold it, and at first the top fell off and I didn't realize it, and I look at the lamp and it's sealed with a fucking bottle cap. I say something like, dude, this is a bottle cap, it's going to tear me apart. Even still, I'm a very competitive person, and I didn't want to puss out on the first thing he's asking me to do, so I sat down and attempted to use it (not while riding, just sitting, I wanted to see if it was even possible). Well before I managed to do this, I see the top on the floor. The fact that I was willing to even try with the bottle cap makes me want to puke typing this out. However, even with the real top on it, it's not secured, and its metal, and the edges stick out a little. He says he just wants me to tease it at first tho, so I don't let it go in past that point, not at first at least.

During this time, my husband comes into my cam room, sees what I'm doing and the look on his face was just pure confusion. I see the concern on his face and I shrug it off at first. Then CBD tells me the next "challenge", to repeatedly call myself a whore and say that I'm going to "beat all the other silly girls". I swear to god if this asshole uses this video to lure other girls into his scheme, I'm going to go postal. I only said it once or twice, cause that's a really weird fucking thing to repeat over and over and tbh I'm terrible at dirty talk anyway. He then tells me that my pussy can "take the whole thing", instructing me to go deeper. And I did, very carefully, but the top kept catching on my vagina. I'm sore AF today, and only have myself to blame for even doing this. I do this for a few minutes, and he goes silent. After I don't hear anything from him for a few minutes, I stop, mute my mic and go over to my husband behind camera to talk about it. I didn't want to keep going because of how painful it was starting to get, and at that point I was starting to get suspicious since he stopped talking. I go back to my camera, say that I'm not going to continue with the lava lamp because if it breaks I would get very seriously hurt, and who tf knows what's inside a lava lamp, my husband at the time thought it was toxic but I looked it up after, it doesn't appear to contain toxic chemicals, but I imagine if they got inside me at the very least I would have major issues, maybe burns, who tf knows. Either way it was very unsafe for me to use as a toy. I say that I'll keep going with something else but the lava lamp was off the table. The IG live then ends, and he leaves my CB room immediately. I just sat there stunned for a few minutes, on camera, embarrassed and just completely and utterly ashamed with myself. I finally snapped out of it, ended my stream, and messaged him on instagram, saying something along the lines of "since you just left I'm going to guess you aren't going to be sending me the tokens you promised, huh? He doesn't say anything for like 45 minutes, then responds with some lame ass excuse that he "had to take a call" and that he is now travelling but he will be back on later and that's when he will tip me. It's now almost 12 hours later, no tokens, and all he has done is send me a photo of his feet standing next to a bag at the airport. Who knows if this is even his, it really honestly doesn't matter. He was capable of using instagram, but apparently could not login to chaturbate and click a few buttons to tip me. If by some miracle this dude actually does wind up tipping me, I will update this post and apologize to him, but I'm not holding out any hope that will happen, I'm certain at this point this was an elaborate scam, I just don't know why this asshole is still trying to string me along. My only guess is that he likely gets off on the power aspect of all of this, and is attempting to use false hope to retain some of that power. Unfortunately for him I'm way past that, he isn't getting any more out of me, and I'm trying to come up with a clever way to get some payback, if anyone has any ideas please share. I'm taking ownership of this, not letting it scare me off of camming (my initial reaction was that I wouldn't be using Chaturbate for awhile, but no, fuck this guy, he's not going to fuck with the site that I have the highest following on and make the most money on on a very consistent basis.

That's pretty much it, sorry this was so long winded, but I feel like the details are important so other models know what to look out for. Please, please, PLEASE do not agree to anything that even sounds remotely like this, please do not allow your vision to be blurred by dollar signs, this is the worst feeling knowing how I was taken advantage of and that I was a willing participant in my own exploitation. If anyone has any details on who this guy might be, or has any ideas on how to try and expose this piece of shit so he can be stopped from hurting other models, please share it. I'm not even that upset about the money, just that I agreed to do it, and that I was willing to do something so reckless all for the sake of that dolla bill yo. My dignity is still intact though, cause I'll be damned if I allow this creep to take that from me as well. Holding my head high and jumping back on the horse this afternoon. Please help spread awareness about this despicable scheme and slimeball!!!
I'm so sorry this happened to you, well, as someone else mentioned. Most cam girls have been through a situation that made them feel as you are feeling. I have a rule in my room, NO FREE REQUESTS UNLESS YOU ARE TIPPING AND WE WORK ON ACTUAL TOKENS NOT PROMISES. I hope you've managed to get back and make your money gal...

Status
Not open for further replies.