AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You don't HAVE to use toys!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfcalana

Cam Model
Feb 10, 2019
Australia
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@MFCalana
MFC Username
TheWaveDancer
Hey everyone :)
Please feel free to share any relevant tips you have here or things you do with your room that doesn't involve sexual stuff, I'd love to get new ideas :)
I have seen a few older posts from people asking about how to set boundaries, worrying cause they had no toys, not sure if they should do more than they are comfortable with in order to make money... So I thought I'd share my experience as this month is the month I have consistently held my rank at it's highest (I'm 7 months old in this cam world). I only went below #300 for a couple of days. Im not looking at being in the top 10. I dont want to be famous, but Im proud of myself because I never go beyond my boundaries and I make something like 3 times what I was making in my office job, which I didn't even think was possible as a cam girl.)
In public, I have never ever done a cum show, I have never used toys, I don't spread my butt cheeks to show my asshole, I don't do pussy flash, I don't finger myself, I don't do dirty talk (other than mud, sand, or dirty laundry). Last month was my highest rank and also the month I have done the least privates. I did something like 2. One with a regular I trust, another one just parading in different bikinis. I have nothing against people who do and are ok with all these things, by the way. Respecting yourself is simply respecting your own boundaries, whatever they are. This is just a post to show new cam girls that you can actually be successful without doing things that make you uncomfortable (unless just being on cam is already super uncomfortable, of course).

How to know your boundaries? Well, in my case, I ask myself: If grandma saw this, would I want to end my life? If the answer is yes, we have a boundary.

The furthest I'll go in public is stripping. I love dancing and I will strip naked just like I did when I was a stripper and this is as far as it will ever go. Because that is what I am comfortable with. Maybe you are comfortable with more, maybe you are comfortable will less, but there is a way to make money for anyone who wants to show a little personality and interact like a decent human being with their crowd!! It might take some more time and effort from your part to find your regulars, but you will, even if that means adding people from tags and approaching them yourself. If you have any questions, I love helping people so don't hesitate to ask!

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
I can’t tell if you’re just having a hard time wording things or if some of this is actually being insulting to people who choose to do everything :rolleyes: because that’s the vibe I’m getting from quite a few of these sentences

I can’t tell if you’re just having a hard time wording things or if some of this is actually being insulting to people who choose to do everything :rolleyes: because that’s the vibe I’m getting from quite a few of these sentences

Oh my god absolutely not! Did you read the whole post? I specifically say I have nothing against people who do all those things and do not judge! My definition of respecting ourselves is to respect our own boundaries whatever they might be. I have friends that do everything and I love and respect them.

I’m just putting the emphasis on what is often asked by clients and that if you’re not comfortable with it and always turning it down it can actually feel like you’re going nowhere sometimes.
Maybe you can tell me which part sounds offending and I can rectify. English isn’t my first langage so I might have formulated some things the wrong way.
Ultimately all I wanted to do is say that as a new-ish cam model in the beggining I thought I wouldn’t make it with all my limits, but I did and I am glad I did. If I was able to, anyone can and they should not take for granted that they need to use toys and do things they are not comfortable with. There’s room for any style of cam girl to make money. Again sorry if I offended you, it wasn’t my intention.

I only strip in my shows too, how did you find your regulars? My one regular left and I made only 10 tokens yesterday..

Someone told m my feed was lagging so hopefully I fixed that now. This is only my second week and my camscore is at 880 and has never been higher than 1006. I'm a little worried that my feed may have been slow this whole time and that's why I didn't start with the bang I was hoping for.

Nonetheless, If I'm never able to get more than 10 or so people in my room at once and often no one is tipping, I feel like if I just stay online I my camscore will keep dropping and then there will be even less people coming into my room and thus it's like a downward spiral. I'm honestly a little afraid to login because I don't want my score to keep dropping and then have even less traffic. A popular model told me that there are more top models on in the evening so it might be better to do shows during the day so this is my second day trying that. Should I be hustling on twitter more to find new people to come into my room? Any advice is appreciated.

xo,

Julia

Reactions: Mfcalana
You could sit there and glare into the cam for 3 hours and it's possible make money so long as your member audience finds that entertaining enough to pay you for it. It comes down to what you are comfortable doing and if you can convince members it's worth money. Using toys caters to a large fetish so that's why people use them more members will come into your room. That said it's the MODELS job to convince the members in their room to spend on entertainment. What you offer increases the odds of a members entering your room but you still need to offer something they feel has value. Just like they shouldn't tell you what you're worth, you can't force money out of them for no reason.

I only strip in my shows too, how did you find your regulars? My one regular left and I made only 10 tokens yesterday..

Someone told m my feed was lagging so hopefully I fixed that now. This is only my second week and my camscore is at 880 and has never been higher than 1006. I'm a little worried that my feed may have been slow this whole time and that's why I didn't start with the bang I was hoping for.

Nonetheless, If I'm never able to get more than 10 or so people in my room at once and often no one is tipping, I feel like if I just stay online I my camscore will keep dropping and then there will be even less people coming into my room and thus it's like a downward spiral. I'm honestly a little afraid to login because I don't want my score to keep dropping and then have even less traffic. A popular model told me that there are more top models on in the evening so it might be better to do shows during the day so this is my second day trying that. Should I be hustling on twitter more to find new people to come into my room? Any advice is appreciated.

xo,

Julia

Find member profiles with tags and add them as friends, then message them asking something about their profile. Are you welcoming every single member coming into your room? Asking where they’re from? Tell them you’re new? Ask the members the quality of your feed. If you’re online now I could check for you too...

Reactions: BadPrincessP
You could sit there and glare into the cam for 3 hours and it's possible make money so long as your member audience finds that entertaining enough to pay you for it. It comes down to what you are comfortable doing and if you can convince members it's worth money. Using toys caters to a large fetish so that's why people use them more members will come into your room. That said it's the MODELS job to convince the members in their room to spend on entertainment. What you offer increases the odds of a members entering your room but you still need to offer something they feel has value. Just like they shouldn't tell you what you're worth, you can't force money out of them for no reason.

I have always believed in niche. If you offer everything for everybody I think you will struggle more than if you have a specific target audience. I have had people inviting me into private saying they want a cum show. I said I don’t do them I only strip and tease, and most of them say yes anyway. So I think it’s more about the person than the show. Again depending on the person. There’s a big difference between a kink and a fetish. The fetish is litterally the arrousal from the toy. The kink is the arrousal from integrating toys to the sexual act. If the person has a fetish you wll
Probably loose that client. If it’s a kink it’s usually YOU they are more interested in so you can talk them into another scenario.

I have always believed in niche. If you offer everything for everybody I think you will struggle more than if you have a specific target audience. I have had people inviting me into private saying they want a cum show. I said I don’t do them I only strip and tease, and most of them say yes anyway. So I think it’s more about the person than the show. Again depending on the person. There’s a big difference between a kink and a fetish. The fetish is litterally the arrousal from the toy. The kink is the arrousal from integrating toys to the sexual act. If the person has a fetish you wll
Probably loose that client. If it’s a kink it’s usually YOU they are more interested in so you can talk them into another scenario.

There's a model's room I visit on occasion where we'll sit and chat for a while, and occasionally we'll go into TPvt where she just dances. She's a non-nude model, who used to be topless a little over a year ago. No arousal or anything out of it, I simply enjoy seeing her dance. There's some dancing I just find very calming and relaxing to watch.

She by no means is a top model. But, from the conversations we've had, she seems to do okay with it. I remember some posts asking for ideas on what to do for non-explicit models. Whether they are topless, or non-nude. I think it's good to revisit some of this on occasion so models might get new ideas. :)

There's a model's room I visit on occasion where we'll sit and chat for a while, and occasionally we'll go into TPvt where she just dances. She's a non-nude model, who used to be topless a little over a year ago. No arousal or anything out of it, I simply enjoy seeing her dance. There's some dancing I just find very calming and relaxing to watch.

She by no means is a top model. But, from the conversations we've had, she seems to do okay with it. I remember some posts asking for ideas on what to do for non-explicit models. Whether they are topless, or non-nude. I think it's good to revisit some of this on occasion so models might get new ideas. :)

I do believe you have to put more creativity into how you are interacting if you have those limits and you need to have some good interpersonal and sales skills. But anyone can learn that stuff! I know I wasn’t born that way.

I do believe you have to put more creativity into how you are interacting if you have those limits and you need to have some good interpersonal and sales skills. But anyone can learn that stuff! I know I wasn’t born that way.

Agreed. I do believe that models who are more reserved in public may have a bit more of a challenge. That's where having a niche to their room draws people in, and if it's catching enough, will make them want to stay a bit more.

Agreed. I do believe that models who are more reserved in public may have a bit more of a challenge. That's where having a niche to their room draws people in, and if it's catching enough, will make them want to stay a bit more.

I don’t really know what my niche is yet. Probably “rude bitch expecting tokens for nothing” 😂😂😂
Kiddin. I do do shows. Will do one today.

I don’t really know what my niche is yet. Probably “rude bitch expecting tokens for nothing” 😂😂😂
Kiddin. I do do shows. Will do one today.

Yes I wanna now when you're online! I was trying to PM people during my show today but under member tags -> members online.. those dudes are not online! and many not logged in for years. How do you actually find the dudes who are online? #noobquestinalert #statusjustdiscoveredcharlesbot

Also I was studying my social stats under admin. It looks like to traffic TO my page is decent but how can I measure how I'm doing? Like what is a "good" conversion rate, unique visitors vs visits for more than 5 minutes for example?

ALSO, do you find that people tip you more towards the end of your show. I get a little afraid with the camscore thing so if I'm not getting tipped much around 40 minutes into the show I get afraid of my score continuing to drop and I log out. I realize that is not a good strategy either. I'm just eager to get it right and I'm not really sure what to focus on in terms of improving.

I feel like just doing strip shows is a niche I'm guessing and that's maybe why I don't have many people in my room for long? I get how it can really help to reach out to people, but yeah how to search as anguished above.. lol I reached out to mfc model support a few minutes ago so maybe they can help too.

Also, when you see someone's username, does that mean they have been in your room for over 5 minutes? One in how many visitors are premium generally?

Sorry for all the questions I just feel so stumped today. Your help is appreciated!

Xo

Jules

Yes I wanna now when you're online! I was trying to PM people during my show today but under member tags -> members online.. those dudes are not online! and many not logged in for years. How do you actually find the dudes who are online? #noobquestinalert #statusjustdiscoveredcharlesbot

Also I was studying my social stats under admin. It looks like to traffic TO my page is decent but how can I measure how I'm doing? Like what is a "good" conversion rate, unique visitors vs visits for more than 5 minutes for example?

ALSO, do you find that people tip you more towards the end of your show. I get a little afraid with the camscore thing so if I'm not getting tipped much around 40 minutes into the show I get afraid of my score continuing to drop and I log out. I realize that is not a good strategy either. I'm just eager to get it right and I'm not really sure what to focus on in terms of improving.

I feel like just doing strip shows is a niche I'm guessing and that's maybe why I don't have many people in my room for long? I get how it can really help to reach out to people, but yeah how to search as anguished above.. lol I reached out to mfc model support a few minutes ago so maybe they can help too.

Also, when you see someone's username, does that mean they have been in your room for over 5 minutes? One in how many visitors are premium generally?

Sorry for all the questions I just feel so stumped today. Your help is appreciated!

Xo

Jules
I think sometimes the solution is to just have your titties out. Sometimes you need to take one for the team and get the girls out for free to more traffic. You don’t have to message them straight away when you add them. Don’t bother wit the ones who haven’t been there for years. And also don’t message them while there are people talking to you in public chat. Eventually they will be online so when you are bored you go through your list and then message them. Refer back to profile first.
But yeah sometimes I give a full show before getting tipped just to increase traffic. If you’re sitting wit your head down fully clothed people won’t come in.

Camscore is not much else than a kind of representation of the $ earned an hour on average.

Why be afraid of that? When you don't earn $ 20 an hour it will drop below 1000.

Camscore is not much else than a kind of representation of the $ earned an hour on average.

Why be afraid of that? When you don't earn $ 20 an hour it will drop below 1000.

Because MFC has terrible search so page position is important for getting members to find your room. If members aren't entering your room you have reduced opportunity to convert so it causes a domino effect that can lead to your score to continue to drop or make it harder to climb back up. I'm not a model but there a plenty of thread with models describing the hardships around rebuilding camscore and the effects when it lowers.

Because it's the default sorting mechanism for MFC's homepage.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
I understand, all i am saying it's not a cause by itself. Even with a camscore of 1000 you will have hundreds in front of you.

So better watch $/hour and keep track of that yourself. If you are earning - as example - below 10 on average, there is no hope in getting a high cam score. So don't waste time watching it.

I understand, all i am saying it's not a cause by itself. Even with a camscore of 1000 you will have hundreds in front of you.

So better watch $/hour and keep track of that yourself. If you are earning - as example - below 10 on average, there is no hope in getting a high cam score. So don't waste time watching it.
Nevermind.

Reactions: Mfcalana

Nah. With a camscore of 1000 you will be barely visible on the site. I don’t know what’s your definition of a good income but with a camscore of 1000 you either earn nothing or if you do you probably spend your life on Mfc.

Nah. With a camscore of 1000 you will be barely visible on the site. I don’t know what’s your definition of a good income but with a camscore of 1000 you either earn nothing or if you do you probably spend your life on Mfc.
I think the point that he’s unsuccessfully trying to make is that once your score is below 1000 there’s no use in even caring about camscore because you’re invisible regardless of if it’s 999 or 750.

Which I disagree with, and I think trying to maintain and raise the score is a smart idea if you’re actually concerned about room traffic and placement. I also disagree because there are THOUSANDS of sub1000 score girls so placement will still be different between 900s and 700s for people who do scroll down to that part of the homepage.

Reactions: Petrija
I think the point that he’s unsuccessfully trying to make is that once your score is below 1000 there’s no use in even caring about camscore because you’re invisible regardless of if it’s 999 or 750.

Which I disagree with, and I think trying to maintain and raise the score is a smart idea if you’re actually concerned about room traffic and placement. I also disagree because there are THOUSANDS of sub1000 score girls so placement will still be different between 900s and 700s for people who do scroll down to that part of the homepage.

Oh yeah I 100% believe you need and should work on it! You’re not a lost cause because you’re low.You can outsource your clients if they are not coming to you from seeing you in their search. Whether it’s SM or adding people with tags. This is a sales business and I believe a big part of my income comes from casually messaging people in a friendly way without expectation. Sometimes they don’t answer, sometimes they have become some of my best regulars.

a big part of my income comes from casually messaging people in a friendly way without expectation. Sometimes they don’t answer, sometimes they have become some of my best regulars.
I’m glad that it’s working well for you. There are a lot of people who are very turned off by that behavior though but I’m sure you’re aware of it. If I get a random message from a model while I’m on my premium account I normally block them. To each their own.

I’m glad that it’s working well for you. There are a lot of people who are very turned off by that behavior though but I’m sure you’re aware of it. If I get a random message from a model while I’m on my premium account I normally block them. To each their own.
I am aware yes. I don’t take people straight out of rooms thought so I don’t know where they are when I message them. But I don’t message them “hi Bb I’m so horny. Wanna pvt?”.
I usually go with a joke or ask something about their profile and I think people like to know you took the time to read their profile. It’s just like people who cold all to sell things. Some are interested but most will just hang up on them. But if people keep doing it its because it works. It’s just business. If people really don’t want messages they can choose to only receive from friends.

I really need to take my shows from X rated to R rated in general chats. I only have 900+ followers so a full show make over shouldn't be that hard, but where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.