AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am a former gray user who started paying and I wanted to share my story

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you forgot a few words in this statement. You mean when they’re taking tips FOR LUSH interactivity (like, it’s in their topic that it’s on, or the auto-spam is saying it’s on), but don’t actually have it in/on their body. Right? Because lying about that is a bit shady and I can agree it’s not proper.

But you wouldn’t dare suggest that a model is “a shit” for merely accepting tips in her room and not having a lush going.

>You mean when they’re taking tips FOR LUSH interactivity (like, it’s in their topic that it’s on, or the auto-spam is saying it’s on), but don’t actually have it in/on their body. Right?

Yeah. It's so common now though that I think a lot of people expect everyone to wear it.

Off topic from how this thread has gone-but- as an example- I charge 25-50 dollars for 1 exclusive non explicit (topless only, no full face) fetish photo with a watermark (bondage/femdom/niche fetish). People pay this price, because an exclusive photo is something just for them. It takes me usually an hour from getting ready, taking the picture, edit, watermark etc. I make more than 25 an hour on a private based cam site, so why would I be motivated to take pics.

Every model prices what they do differently, that is the beauty of the cam world. You can totally find someone within your price range for what you want. If someone tries to negotiate my prices, I usually end up blocking. I do not want to deal with time wasters, or people who try to bargain with me like im a yard sale. I also will not do business with people who make me feel uncomfortable or who are too personally invested/or entitled. To some outside of camming, this may seem like bad business, but it is how it works for me.

Perhaps a private based cam site would better suite your tastes? Maybe something like sext panther or niteflirt, where custom photos are more of a thing? Maybe take a breather and figure out what experience you want from the camming world and find a model who is on the same page.

I hadn't thought of it that some girls want the picture to be perfect. For me personally, cell phone quality is perfect. The one girl I tip alot also can't always get it right, but I trust her, I know she means well and it's not worth picking nits.

The best way to figure out your pricing is just simply to see how often people are purchasing things. If you are selling various things and no one ever buys them, the price is probably wrong. I know first hand all about not getting the price you want for some things, but for things like photos and videos that can be sent a million times and generally all profit, I think the pricing should be more open.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of it that some girls want the picture to be perfect. For me personally, cell phone quality is perfect. The one girl I tip alot also can't always get it right, but I know she means well and I tip her anyway.

Modern cell phones take as good of a quality photo as a DSLR and we still have to prepare, take multiple photos to get the right one, and edit the photo afterwards. The means in which we take the photo isn't really relevant to how long this takes.

>You mean when they’re taking tips FOR LUSH interactivity (like, it’s in their topic that it’s on, or the auto-spam is saying it’s on), but don’t actually have it in/on their body. Right?

Yeah. It's so common now though that I think a lot of people expect everyone to wear it.
No no no, i think you’re saying you get upset for a model simply NOT having a lush.

That’s absurd. What site is this that you’re on? Is it a lush based site? Because if not, you’re delusional thinking that it’s so common we are all expected to wear/use one.

As a side note, if you're rude to models, they don't really care what money they're 'losing out" on from you. Someone who's demanding and negative is typically not worth the extra few bucks we might get from them each night.
And by dollars we really mean pennies. We get paid out about $0.05 per token, giver or take a penny or two depending on what site you are on. Dumping your entire 94 tokens on one person would be about a $4.50-5.00 tip. Not too exciting after months of freeloading. We don't mind when people don't tip much, but also don't expect us to do extra work or engage with you privately. Keep your chat to public so it keeps the conversation going. My PM's are for securing future work with a client or for private conversation with someone who is paying me for my time. A few tokens here or there isn't worth taking time from my public show.

It isn't worth the time to talk to someone for free who we get a feeling might be trying to get us to do more work than what we are asking to be paid. Might lose out on a few tokens initially, but the time saved or spent on relationships with regularly paying members is worth much more in the long run. There is risk involved in time management.

Member buys $15 worth of tokens ... but can't handle the pressure.

Send for ehotlovea I say. She'll sort this sad case out. :haha:

Or is that too cruel?

:devil:

>Member buys $15 worth of tokens ... but can't handle the pressure.

Then I bought more. But I don't know if I will buy any further. When I balance out the pros and the cons to being a paid vs gray user, I find the gray user experience preferable. The one major pro of being a paid user is that I cannot be kicked by model appointed mods who abuse their powers.

The best way to figure out your pricing is just simply to see how often people are purchasing things. If you are selling various things and no one ever buys them, the price is probably wrong. I know first hand all about not getting the price you want for some things, but for things like photos and videos that can be sent a million times, I think the pricing should be more open.

The thing is, I sell photos at this price quite often, and I wont do it if I'm selling less than 5 in a set. As the person requesting, you do not get to determine the price. You do not get to barter, or tell someone that their prices are too high for what you want. I mean, you can try, but that is a good way to be blocked or come off as a dick. Like I said in my original post, you can totally find a cam girl who is within the range you want to spend- but you dont get to tell people how to run their business.

The one girl I tip alot also can't always get it right, but I know she means well and I tip her anyway.

Oh how noble of you. You get a goodguy award.

This is why I'm so against bans. You just don't know the other person's situation. It's always better to ask and listen before acting.

Judging by how stubborn you've been on here, how you're just looking to argue and not to be receptive any actual answers by actual models, I can see why you were banned. Its already been a couple of days of free emotional labor from a dozen or so strangers and you're still going? May not be the reason the model banned you, but I bet you would have been way more effort and time to talk with than it was worth. Good on her for figuring it out right away.

Judging by how stubborn you've been on here, how you're just looking to argue and not to be receptive any actual answers by actual models, I can see why you were banned. Its already been a couple of days of free emotional labor from a dozen or so strangers and you're still going? May not be the reason the model banned you, but I bet you would have been way more effort and time to talk with than it was worth. Good on her for figuring it out right away.

Again, I will ask the same question I've asked multiple times and haven't gotten an answer to:

Why is it acceptable for models to assume but it is not acceptable for non-models to assume?

Again, I will ask the same question I've asked multiple times and haven't gotten an answer to:

Why is it acceptable for models to assume but it is not acceptable for non-models to assume?

As much as I hate to say it and admit it from my perspective as a fan/customer/member: experience.

Experience of all types of guys, day in and day out. It's that simple

As much as I hate to say it and admit it from my perspective as a fan/customer/member: experience.

Experience of all types of guys, day in and day out. It's that simple

I feel I am qualified to assume as well. I know well over
The thing is, I sell photos at this price quite often, and I wont do it if I'm selling less than 5 in a set. As the person requesting, you do not get to determine the price. You do not get to barter, or tell someone that their prices are too high for what you want. I mean, you can try, but that is a good way to be blocked or come off as a dick. Like I said in my original post, you can totally find a cam girl who is within the range you want to spend- but you dont get to tell people how to run their business.

Oh how noble of you. You get a goodguy award.

You gotta do what you think is best. Personally for me, something is better than nothing, as long as it is close to what I was looking for.

Because you are on there in your free time for entertainment. I'm on there to make money. We don't get paid a flat hourly rate. I chase the money avaliable or don't get paid. Period. I have to make judgement calls constantly. I haven't made any calls on blocking people that I regretted. The only regrets I've had are not blocking someone sooner, or giving them too much free attention and undervaluing my time.

A model's first interactions with a client are where she sets her boundaries. If a model undervalues herself, that client will keep coming back expecting more work for fewer tokens, more of her time, and/or saying she did something "wrong" after not paying a premium for custom and explicitly described content. She gets one opportunity to say this is what I'm worth, and the that is her value to that customer forever. If you start undervalued, it's nearly impossible to raise your prices or explain why your time is more valuable to a customer without losing them later on. Better to lose them from the get-go then waste time with little or no return.

Because you are on there in your free time for entertainment. I'm on there to make money. We don't get paid a flat hourly rate. I chase the money avaliable or don't get paid. Period. I have to make judgement calls constantly. I haven't made any calls on blocking people that I regretted. The only regrets I've had are not blocking someone sooner, or giving them too much free attention and undervaluing my time.

A model's first interactions with a client are where she sets her boundaries. If a model undervalues herself, that client will keep coming back expecting more work for fewer tokens, more of her time, and/or saying she did something "wrong" after not paying a premium for custom and explicitly described content. She gets one opportunity to say this is what I'm worth, and the that is her value to that customer forever. If you start undervalued, it's nearly impossible to raise your prices or explain why your time is more valuable to a customer without losing them later on. Better to lose them from the get-go then waste time with little or no return.

>I have to make judgement calls constantly.

As do I.

I have to figure out whether you are being honest with me, or trying to hustle me for cash. I have to determine the pros and cons of being a paid/free user and whether tipping you/not tipping you makes sense for me. I have to determine if I will get enough enjoyment out of whatever you are selling to see if it is worth paying for. I also have to judge whether I should watch model A over model B, and whether model C will ever return from away, amongst other things. I also have to pick my spots when asking anything and be careful as to what I say, and how I am saying it, while also making sure my translation is correct.

Last edited:
>I have to make judgement calls constantly.

As do I.

I have to figure out whether you are being honest with me, or trying to hustle me for cash. I have to determine the pros and cons of being a paid/free user and whether tipping you/not tipping you makes sense for me. I have to determine if I will get enough enjoyment out of whatever you are selling to see if it is worth paying for. I also have to judge whether I should watch model A over model B, and whether model C will ever return from away, amongst other things. I also have to pick my spots when asking anything and be careful as to what I say, and how I am saying it, while also making sure my translation is correct.

Great. You made a call. This person upset you. Move on to another model or stop going on cam sites. Let it go, dude.

You're judgement calls don't pay your bills; mine do.

first world money gets you a lot further in third world countries. Some things are better sold at lower prices than higher prices.

Wowowow. Specifically targeting third-world models because they live in third-world countries, BECAUSE they will do more for your dollar than first-world models .... This is incredibly exploitative and HIGHLY predatory. I am almost without words right now.

Why should they respect your ban? What are you going to do...ban them?

>I respect their choice in whatever reason they have. Yes it’s not things I necessarily have to do but it’s common courtesy

Hey, it's your call. If you choose to do that, it's up to you.

Why should members respect a model's ban? Because when you insist on returning to a space where someone has made it clear you aren't welcome... That's disrespectful at best, and could be construed as predatory or harassment, should you continue. Being Banned means the model is saying No. No to you, no to everything you represent, no to your tokens and your presence. The model is very clearly laying down boundaries, which state that you are not welcome. Ignoring a Model's No and trying to violate boundaries.... That's.... That's not good, man. Combined with your exploitation of third-world models... And I am legit horrified.

For someone who is so quick to call models exploitative and predatory... The only predator I see in this thread is you.

Yikes, yikes, and double yikes.

Wowowow. Specifically targeting third-world models because they live in third-world countries, BECAUSE they will do more for your dollar than first-world models .... This is incredibly exploitative and HIGHLY predatory. I am almost without words right now.

Why should members respect a model's ban? Because when you insist on returning to a space where someone has made it clear you aren't welcome... That's disrespectful at best, and could be construed as predatory or harassment, should you continue. Being Banned means the model is saying No. No to you, no to everything you represent, no to your tokens and your presence. The model is very clearly laying down boundaries, which state that you are not welcome. Ignoring a Model's No and trying to violate boundaries.... That's.... That's not good, man. Combined with your exploitation of third-world models... And I am legit horrified.

For someone who is so quick to call models exploitative and predatory... The only predator I see in this thread is you.

Yikes, yikes, and double yikes.

>Wowowow. Specifically targeting third-world models because they live in third-world countries, BECAUSE they will do more for your dollar than first-world models .... This is incredibly exploitative and HIGHLY predatory. I am almost without words right now.

Again, with the assuming, which we've established only models are allowed to do. Would you like a kleenex for your eyes?

>Why should members respect a model's ban? Because when you insist on returning to a space where someone has made it clear you aren't welcome... That's disrespectful at best, and could be construed as predatory or harassment, should you continue. Being Banned means the model is saying No. No to you, no to everything you represent, no to your tokens and your presence. The model is very clearly laying down boundaries, which state that you are not welcome. Ignoring a Model's No and trying to violate boundaries.... That's.... That's not good, man. Combined with your exploitation of third-world models... And I am legit horrified.

Ultimately, the user decides their ban status, unless there is an IP ban.

>Yikes, yikes, and double yikes.

FAM

Great. You made a call. This person upset you. Move on to another model or stop going on cam sites. Let it go, dude.

You're judgement calls don't pay your bills; mine do.

>This person upset you. Move on to another model or stop going on cam sites. Let it go, dude.

Or use a different account, as we have established the user ultimately has control over their ban status on cam sites. We're also seeing that there may be more pros to being a free user than cons.

>You're judgement calls don't pay your bills; mine do.

Temporarily.

No no no, i think you’re saying you get upset for a model simply NOT having a lush.

That’s absurd. What site is this that you’re on? Is it a lush based site? Because if not, you’re delusional thinking that it’s so common we are all expected to wear/use one.
I find the gray user experience preferable.
You didn’t answer my question, but it looks like you’re on Chaturbate. So no, you’re wrong. It is not acceptable to expect that every model uses a lush. Unless it’s posted in her topic or is being spammed in her room that she has one, you cannot expect that there is one. Quite the opposite of what you may think, it will be posted in her room if she IS using one, not specifying that she ISN’T using one.

You’re clearly very new to watching cams (and yes I am assuming from your complete lack of knowledge and respect for camming). You have a lot to learn. We are trying to help you learn. You’re refusing to, and just arguing for the sake of arguing, it seems.

Also since you do seem to be on CB, please note @NaomiNyx break down further up the page on how much tokens are worth to the model. 5 tokens would come out to about $0.25, and even less if the model is in a studio. You say that amount goes farther in a 3rd world country, but maybe you didn’t realize how little it is to begin with. There’s something you can learn here today.

You keep suggesting that all we are doing is assuming things... we are trying to help you understand how the cam world works.

I’m guessing stripchat since he said he went green and there the colors are either green or gold (gold for monthly membership+tokens) either way the tokens and studios work the same
Ok thanks for the insight. I know “greys” are a common subject on CB and it’s such a big site it would make sense for a n00b to end up there before a lesser known one like Stripchat.

You didn’t answer my question, but it looks like you’re on Chaturbate. So no, you’re wrong. It is not acceptable to expect that every model uses a lush. Unless it’s posted in her topic or is being spammed in her room that she has one, you cannot expect that there is one. Quite the opposite of what you may think, it will be posted in her room if she IS using one, not specifying that she ISN’T using one.

You’re clearly very new to watching cams (and yes I am assuming from your complete lack of knowledge and respect for camming). You have a lot to learn. We are trying to help you learn. You’re refusing to, and just arguing for the sake of arguing, it seems.

Also since you do seem to be on CB, please note @NaomiNyx’s break down further up the page on how much tokens are worth to the model. 5 tokens would come out to about $0.25, and even less if the model is in a studio. You say that amount goes farther in a 3rd world country, but maybe you didn’t realize how little it is to begin with. There’s something you can learn here today.

You keep suggesting that all we are doing is assuming things... we are trying to help you understand how the cam world works.

>You didn’t answer my question, but it looks like you’re on Chaturbate

I've tried atleast 10 different cam sites. I prefer some over others. If I tip someone and they don't have it/wear it, I feel less inclined to tip them again.

>You’re clearly very new to watching cams (and yes I am assuming from your complete lack of knowledge and respect for camming). You have a lot to learn. We are trying to help you learn. You’re refusing to, and just arguing for the sake of arguing, it seems.

I have been watching cams since 2012., though this year I have spent a lot of time with them.

>Also since you do seem to be on CB, please note @NaomiNyx’s break down further up the page on how much tokens are worth to the model. 5 tokens would come out to about $0.25, and even less if the model is in a studio. You say that amount goes farther in a 3rd world country, but maybe you didn’t realize how little it is to begin with. There’s something you can learn here today

I find the exchange rates for tokens to be disappointing as a user as well. I was very surprised at how little $15 and other denominations have gotten me.

I am generally aware that sites may split all over the board with models and I would expect the newer and less popular sites to offer better splits.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the insight. I know “greys” are a common subject on CB and it’s such a big site it would make sense for a n00b to end up there before a lesser known one like Stripchat.

I have been on most sites. If you'd like my review of each:

MFC - Horrible interface, very un-user friendly. It seems like its best days are behind it.

CB - I like that it updates each model very fast. I also like that cam sizes are adjustable, along with MFC's.

SC/Xhamster Live - Probably the most user friendly.

Pornhublive - Not a favorite of mine, but maybe it will be a thing someday.

Camsoda - Awful interface, perhaps the worst.

Bongacams - Way too many questionable popups and there's too much going on.

Cam4 - My pc slows down everytime I go on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.