AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a decline in the number of Chaturbate's viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no expert by any means, but as a viewer and a Room Mod on CB, I can tell you they have been having all kinds of issues with their feed. There are extended periods where cams froze, pixilated or droped out repeatedly. Viewers will take just so much of that before they move on. It is now July and it is happening less often but it is still happening in multiple rooms.
YES. They need to get their shit figured out. I switched from CB to MFC, and at times will check back in on CB to see the old regs and to just switch things up from time to time. I was on CB yesterday and discussing a private with a member for a while- he said he was new and shy and it was his first private...he finally said he was ready and then boom. My room crashed. Couldn't get it back for a bit, and it reminded me why I get so fed up there. Back to MFC I went...

Since there is no great love for studios here, I'll name one, which is one of the worst players in the view bot game on cb.

Vr_models_studio

At least most models have a link to that Instagram account. All rooms full of view bots. Not sure if the models themselves know of course but that a jump from 100 to sometimes several thousand viewers (fully dressed, often with phone in their hand) in just some minutes is "odd", well, in my opinion models should feel that this is not natural and obviously controlled by someone else.

YES. They need to get their shit figured out. I switched from CB to MFC, and at times will check back in on CB to see the old regs and to just switch things up from time to time. I was on CB yesterday and discussing a private with a member for a while- he said he was new and shy and it was his first private...he finally said he was ready and then boom. My room crashed. Couldn't get it back for a bit, and it reminded me why I get so fed up there. Back to MFC I went...
I feel your pain! Hope it turned out well for both you and your viewer.

New studio girls every day now. They turn cam on and 1,000 viewers or many more after an hour or less. They don't speak English and just want to do private shows. Seriously, what a joke.

Disclaimer: nothing against the girls, it's the studios that do this with their view bots and cb that turns a blind eye on the situation even though they know it since several months already.

Reactions: NotYou
New studio girls every day now. They turn cam on and 1,000 viewers or many more after an hour or less. They don't speak English and just want to do private shows. Seriously, what a joke.

Disclaimer: nothing against the girls, it's the studios that do this with their view bots and cb that turns a blind eye on the situation even though they know it since several months already.
Chaturbate doesn’t turn a blind eye to it, they have been working on changing things to fix the issue but it’s one of those things that are very hard to solve. Unless they are willing to put some heads on a pike by banning culprits permanently I don’t see how to nip the problem in the bud. Maybe add an “are you still watching?” Dialog when a user hasn’t interacted in X minutes and suspending him until he clicks “yes” could help

I wish they did that to prevent recordings
Realistically though as soon as the bot makers work out that's what's happening it will be bypassed, if they were to put a recaptcha on it, it would get rid of a lot of the people just running scripts they found on github but I doubt it would be long until those scripts were updated to include recapture bypass.

The only real option is to ban the accounts that are using view bots (tbh I dont think that it's such a bad idea).

EDIT:

If the model that has the view bot running is a studio account I think they should ban the studio account not just the individual model accounts. Models are deemed to be expendable to studios, their accounts with cam platforms, not so much.

Hmm, I thought bots had problems with Recaptcha v3. And even if they could get around it, I would imagine having them pop up for unregistered users, or greys who arent interacting would at least disrupt their recordings.

Banning studio accounts does sound like a good idea though, should put an end to a lot of things real quick.

How a new broadcaster with almost 2,000 viewers after only about 45 minutes on the first day does not ring any alarm bells at cb is just hard to understand. Can't a cb support guy have a look then?

THERE are hypes at cb, especially for new rooms. Always have, always will be. So a cb support person should check and give it a go or not.

This is just one aspect of a complicated area.

Edit: private show price 120 tokens per minute. For obvious reasons maximum exposure high on cb front page is required for that business model.

The only real option is to ban the accounts that are using view bots (tbh I dont think that it's such a bad idea).

The problem is.. unless it's a studio and there's a pattern it isn't as easy to spot a model who uses bots because they cycle bots through rooms of people who never bought into the service. I heard models who I know for a fact don't used bots being accused of cheating and when I defended them I was personally accused of using bots too and I didn't even know they existed when these accusations started to pop up. The user who accused me even got to a point where he claimed I owned a bot network and was working closely with someone on CB support who was covering up for me. A total nutcase. The fact is... there was absolutely nothing I could have done to prove that I wasn't using bots, until CB changed the algorithm in April and I was still ranking in spite of the switch. The other models who really did use bots were sent back to page 30 where they belonged. But it isn't as easy to tell especially after the bot networks catch up with the algorithm changes. Imagine CB decided to make an example out of someone who was innocent and banned them permanently from the platform. How unfair would that be.

Correct. The very shitty truth is, I think we broadcasters all have view bots in the room. Me too, I discovered this some weeks ago.

More on this maybe on another day.

wow been having this decline in my cb viewers, thanks for talking about this and explain the reasons , been so worried about this. I have a question, i see models with huge number of viewers ,but a 90% are not registered , is this a bot ? they are buying traffic?

wow been having this decline in my cb viewers, thanks for talking about this and explain the reasons , been so worried about this. I have a question, i see models with huge number of viewers ,but a 90% are not registered , is this a bot ? they are buying traffic?
That's pretty normal. Anon users without tokens are much more likely to go to pages at the top where there are already people tipping and they can get a good show for free.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou

Once in the top 5 the model can be selected by CB to be used by the current top room affiliate links, when that happens every affiliate marketer using the top room links will be sending traffic to that room which causes a large jump in anonymous traffic.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
I have 500k followers / model since 3,5 year, usually everday i had 1000 peoples in room and everytime on 1'page...i have leave site 3 weeks...now Is difficult...i have 200 peoples ....few color Nick and 2' or 3' Page.....very few tokens... Now????

Reactions: babydollmitsy
Nothing change in me good show good times....maybe of someone no use site for some weeks the agorithm help other girl? Because i see in 1' Page very ugly and no good show girls but with 600 viewers....

• Wat?!
Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Nothing change in me good show good times....maybe of someone no use site for some weeks the agorithm help other girl? Because i see in 1' Page very ugly and no good show girls but with 600 viewers....
I'm sorry but I assume that you won't get any positive/constructive replies since you call some models that are being placed on the first page, "ugly" and with "no good shows".
Why spread this kind of negativity on here?
Why be so judging, to begin with?
Many models have worked their asses off to reach the places they're on now.
Even if you think that their shows are bad, it doesn't mean their fans think this way.
And calling other people "ugly" isn't the best thing to do in general.

If you want to get some answers, the least you can do is be respectful.

Last edited:
Bla bla bla. Reply to answer not about air...

Bla bla bla. Reply to answer not about air...
you know, I finally gave in and took off your postings limits then you just puke into your own mouth again.

enjoy the dog house.

Your attitude is uglier than anyone making better placement on your cam site.

Im online everyday,even twice a day. Last time I noticed less people I think in 2nd half of june. Last time everything was really good until last Saturday. Around 12 pm euroean time I noticed small issues of site: error occured,not loading list of viewers etc. AFter 30 minuts was okay,but from that day is for me totally shit. I didint have break, I didnt change nothing. JUst like that. But im not worry. It was like that few months ago, not really know what changedbut I need be strong and you too:) Will be good again. This is my attitude, because what else can I do...

The problem is.. unless it's a studio and there's a pattern it isn't as easy to spot a model who uses bots because they cycle bots through rooms of people who never bought into the service. I heard models who I know for a fact don't used bots being accused of cheating and when I defended them I was personally accused of using bots too and I didn't even know they existed when these accusations started to pop up. The user who accused me even got to a point where he claimed I owned a bot network and was working closely with someone on CB support who was covering up for me. A total nutcase. The fact is... there was absolutely nothing I could have done to prove that I wasn't using bots, until CB changed the algorithm in April and I was still ranking in spite of the switch. The other models who really did use bots were sent back to page 30 where they belonged. But it isn't as easy to tell especially after the bot networks catch up with the algorithm changes. Imagine CB decided to make an example out of someone who was innocent and banned them permanently from the platform. How unfair would that be.
I agree. One time a *user* was testing out buying ads/buying traffic (not sure which exactly). I didn't know until I mentioned my room count shooting up in the course of 2 minutes, and he explained it was him testing those things. I had absolutely no control over it. While this was all unregistered traffic which did nothing for placement, my point is that the same could be done with registered user bots. Start banning models for having bots in their room, and now every model on the site has a method to take out whoever they want by sending bots their way and subsequently reporting them. Seems like a recipe for disaster, imo.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince

Agree. When I first started on CB I had crazy high numbers in my room all the time. There was one day I think in my second or third week where I had 10k viewers. I don't know if it was bots being cycled through my room like you mentioned or what, but I had really high room numbers every time I was on and at the time didn't even know bots were a thing. It would have sucked if I got banned for it.

you know, I finally gave in and took off your postings limits then you just puke into your own mouth again.

enjoy the dog house.

Your attitude is uglier than anyone making better placement on your cam site.

You provide a free forum for people to get free info and free advice. Yet they expect you to give it to them on a golden platter. Ah, the world of self entitlement. 😒

I agree. One time a *user* was testing out buying ads/buying traffic (not sure which exactly). I didn't know until I mentioned my room count shooting up in the course of 2 minutes, and he explained it was him testing those things. I had absolutely no control over it. While this was all unregistered traffic which did nothing for placement, my point is that the same could be done with registered user bots. Start banning models for having bots in their room, and now every model on the site has a method to take out whoever they want by sending bots their way and subsequently reporting them. Seems like a recipe for disaster, imo.

:giggle: that was me, I was just testing out the different ad networks divatraffic offered.

Edit: i don't personally recommend any of them btw

This bot is interesting, the site admin in the comments say's it gives 70% annon and 30% registered accounts, $500 seems pretty steep though, got a feeling you could get a custom bot from a freelance marketplace for less. The other problem I could see with getting a traffic bot from someone else is that you dont know whats going on on the back end, there's enough scripts floating around for recording cams, and it would be easy enough to have the bots recording cam feeds to various places and then at that point your paying someone to pirate your show :/

Not to mention, how many models say they have been hacked. While recording may be an issue, keyloggers and other malicious activities are much worse.

Chaturbate doesn’t turn a blind eye to it, they have been working on changing things to fix the issue but it’s one of those things that are very hard to solve. Unless they are willing to put some heads on a pike by banning culprits permanently I don’t see how to nip the problem in the bud. Maybe add an “are you still watching?” Dialog when a user hasn’t interacted in X minutes and suspending him until he clicks “yes” could help

Simple solution:. Eliminate any and all boys which are not official authorized by CB.

Problem is that they would effectively be giving up a shit ton of money and handing models over to other sites because they leave. But, at times, a hard reset is needed to save integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.