AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PayPal paymentz + "regular clients"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2020
Do you accept payment off the site you use? Particularly Paypal.. I've accepted money not on the site before and it all worked out fine but its been brought to my attention that people can request a refund on paypal..
Also when people ask for you to be their "skype/pretend girlfriend" and they'll pay for whenever they want a show or to talk.. Do you part take is such activities or do your work in your rooms?

Reactions: AllyVixen
Never, ever use paypal for anything related to sex work/camming/adult content.
First and foremost, yes people can and will try to refund/scam you.
Secondly, if Paypal gets wind that you are using it for adult content, they can shut down your account and possibly withhold the funds in it

How would you receive the card??
Customers can buy an e-giftcard that they send via email. For example this is one that was sent to me. I just copied the code and applied it to my account.
1580939912808.png
Someone can also take a picture of the code of a physical card and send that to you as well, or they can simply type it out.

No PayPal EVER!
mommiedear4.jpg

Seriously don't use PayPal, all jokes aside.

Why not use the site that you're verified through and can take payments off of that with a lot less risk? They take a larger cut but there's hardly a "safe" way to get paid otherwise.
This is always my go to answer. If you're already verified, gave payment info to, and promoting yourself on a particular cam/content sales site, just accept payment there. Does that sometimes mean you get a slightly smaller cut of the overall payment? Sometimes, but I feel that difference is negligible vs. the amount you'd lose using a risky payment method, and well worth not having to go to the trouble of setting up outside payments.

I would never accept PayPal as I don't want to risk getting my account locked. I offer to take Bitcoin/ethereum or Amazon giftcards instead, both are non-refundable and won't lead to any personal onfo being leaked so it works for me.
While I’ve never personally had it happen, apparently amazon gift cards are refundable. I still accept them for customs and skype shows and just try to use them fairly quick. Other options would be cammodeldirectory, indiebill, or using whatever clip site you’re on. While it seems like a good idea to try and skirt the rules to get 100% of your earnings, as someone who has been in this industry for some time now, it’s not. Pay a small percent to these sites for peace of mind and reliability, it worth it in the long run.

ps. Def don’t use PayPal

I would never accept PayPal as I don't want to risk getting my account locked. I offer to take Bitcoin/ethereum or Amazon giftcards instead, both are non-refundable and won't lead to any personal onfo being leaked so it works for me.
Just a little FYI, Customers can have an amazon gift card voided and refunded if it has not been used.

Paypal will take all of the money that is in the account if they ban your account, and withdrawing everything as soon as it lands in the paypal account also raises a red flag if there are regular incoming transactions and the regular incoming transactions if it's not a business account (which they will still suspend while they ask as to the business that you are collecting payments for) also raise a red flag.

Best bet is if you want to take payments off site to sign up with an adult friendly cc processor and have a web page set up to have the payment page on, but this comes with it's own bucket of maintenance and security checks to maintain, not to mention that some cc processors will hold the funds for 6 months until the payment is out of the period where it can be charged back before they release it to you (the average is 90 days but some do hold for the full 6 months because adult content is considered to be at high risk of getting charged back)

The short of it is 20-40% even 50% really isnt that bad when you take into account a cc processor is going to charge you around 15% (you can find some that are as low as 4% but they are a lot more selective on who they work with and you have to be providing a lot of transactions to be able to get the account), they deal with all the security side relating to payments and the payment page and often offer charge back protection and pay out in less time.

Crypto is also a good option since it cant be reversed, but again comes with it's own set of drawbacks, such as customers not really wanting to use it, if you get hacked and someone transfers the crypto out of your wallet there is 0 recourse since all transactions are one way. Crypto is by far my favorite option when it comes to getting paid though, it's close to instant normally and knowing that it's not going to be charged back after you provide what they have paid for is a nice piece of mind. (although I did get hacked a few weeks back and lost about $150 in bitcoin due to a security flaw in the wallet I was using not prompting for authentication when generating the back up of the wallet). But since then I have upgraded the security around my wallet so any bugs in the wallet software it'self shouldn't leave it vulnerable.) So crypto can be a bit more complex in setting it up securely, but imo it's still one of the best ways to get paid.

While I’ve never personally had it happen, apparently amazon gift cards are refundable. I still accept them for customs and skype shows and just try to use them fairly quick. Other options would be cammodeldirectory, indiebill, or using whatever clip site you’re on. While it seems like a good idea to try and skirt the rules to get 100% of your earnings, as someone who has been in this industry for some time now, it’s not. Pay a small percent to these sites for peace of mind and reliability, it worth it in the long run.

ps. Def don’t use PayPal

On their site it says e-giftcards aren't refundable, though I know some people try to scam by spending the amount before it's claimed. Of course I immediately use the card before I would go through with what the payment was for.

Also when people ask for you to be their "skype/pretend girlfriend" and they'll pay for whenever they want a show or to talk.

A lot of people asking to pay off-site for off-site services are scammers, so be cautious and don't do anything unless you've already been paid.

When I first started I was scammed by Amazon Wishlist, people purchasing items, then cancelling said items, after their show (when expensive item was in payment for Skype show). So I only work onsite, and the only offsite payment I take, is Amazon gift card. I claim it immediately, i.e. pretty much the second I get the email saying I was sent one. So I add the balance to my account, and usually I spend it the same night, or within a few days. In 5 years I have done that about 15 times, and been fine, but mostly with the same 3 -4 people. I have never had an issue with it, but I prefer payment on site. The amount of people scamming out there, is insane!

Sites like Manyvids have 80% payout on tips, so I like to send folks who are wanting to pay offsite, that route. I think kinkbomb might have 90% payout on tips, but a lot of people have been having issues getting timely payouts, and timely responses from their support services, the last year. So, personally, I would not go that route.

I have had several guys give me a bunch of attitude for not accepting payouts like Rocketdog (I think it's called Rocket dog), and several other types of offsite payment. They will complain that other models have no issue with it, so I block them, and tell them to go hit those "other models" up then.

My experience has been that many of the people who don't want to use sites with paywalls and built in verification, plus IP blocking, are broke. Usually trying to get cheaper services, by playing up on the whole "well I just want you to get all the money, and not have the site take such a big cut", or they have issues, and have been banned by a bunch of sites for chargeback, and abusive messaging to studios and models etc. I rarely don't have continued boundary issues dealing with such people, so I mainly don't now, after learning the hard way.

Last edited:
Oh and just to clarify I meant for video customs, not cam shows, I do not do any offsite cam shows whatsoever anymore. The site I settled on, does not allow that, and I would not risk things with them, by even wasting any time w that. Because their traffic is generally really good, and they have always treated me really well.

ps. Def don’t use PayPal
I think amazon giftcards for amazon.de - german amazon are still refundable until you spend at least part of it. I know amazon.com doesnt do refunds on giftcards anymore though.
Might just be some EU law about refund policies.

Another thing with amazon is also that when i send people money, i do see their name attached to the account, not only their email adress. Unless you use a fake name on your paypalaccount or a businessaccount under a business name, you might run the risk of doxxing yourself.

I think amazon giftcards for amazon.de - german amazon are still refundable until you spend at least part of it. I know amazon.com doesnt do refunds on giftcards anymore though
I hope your right as I use amazon quite a bit but my theory is they are not actually refunding the gc, its more like return to sender. You lose the money, sender gets it back and amazon never refunds anything as gc’s are non refundable. Like I said though, it’s never happened to me but it’s definitely happens to others.

Another thing with amazon is also that when i send people money, i do see their name attached to the account, not only their email adress. Unless you use a fake name on your paypalaccount or a businessaccount under a business name, you might run the risk of doxxing yourself.
Models should always be using an email address with only their online persona name attached to it to receive gift cards (or anything at all really.) But once they receive the gift card code, when they apply it to their amazon account, the sender should not see any information about that. At least, that was the case a few years ago when I tested it out.

Models should always be using an email address with only their online persona name attached to it to receive gift cards (or anything at all really.) But once they receive the gift card code, when they apply it to their amazon account, the sender should not see any information about that. At least, that was the case a few years ago when I tested it out.

You can still see the redemption if the card was bought in bulk or if it's an e-card to yourself and you just give the number to the model to redeem. It doesn't say WHO redeemed it just that it has been used. However you can tryhard on their support line and customer service can be convinced to tell you the account the card where used on. This method was used to find out that Ricegum handed out already redeemed Amazon codes to apologize after the Better Health drama.

It doesn't say WHO redeemed it just that it has been used.
Yeah that's fine, and was my experience.

However you can tryhard on their support line and customer service can be convinced to tell you the account the card where used on.
Probably still best to not accept forms of payment outside of your cam/content site from people you're not familiar enough to trust not to do shady shit like that.

I think amazon giftcards for amazon.de - german amazon are still refundable until you spend at least part of it. I know amazon.com doesnt do refunds on giftcards anymore though.
Might just be some EU law about refund policies.
Correct, EU law allows for refunds (within a certain time limit) for all online purchases, including things like giftcards, but only as long as they have not been (partially) used.

Crypto is also a good option since it cant be reversed, but again comes with it's own set of drawbacks, such as customers not really wanting to use it, if you get hacked and someone transfers the crypto out of your wallet there is 0 recourse since all transactions are one way. Crypto is by far my favorite option when it comes to getting paid though, it's close to instant normally and knowing that it's not going to be charged back after you provide what they have paid for is a nice piece of mind. (although I did get hacked a few weeks back and lost about $150 in bitcoin due to a security flaw in the wallet I was using not prompting for authentication when generating the back up of the wallet). But since then I have upgraded the security around my wallet so any bugs in the wallet software it'self shouldn't leave it vulnerable.) So crypto can be a bit more complex in setting it up securely, but imo it's still one of the best ways to get paid.

Your lucky,
BitFinex exchange got hacked for 119756 bit coins, as in 1,171,909,462.36 USD.
This year, there have been over 979935 bit coins stolen from exchanges, As in 9,589,457,722.35 USD.
And that's not counting scams, personal hacks, viruses, extra.
A couple of years ago, some due lost his life savings due to a bitcoin wallet scam.

By the time you cash out it may be less then you charged. Right now bitcoin is trending up, you can usually wait for the next daily peek and then cash out . But there are also times when it's trending down, and it can be harder not to loose some money.

Just to point out there are transaction fees. As in buying coins, buying, selling the coins off. Right now that probable works out to some thing like 2.40. But it's also worth noting the cost fluctuates.

Your lucky,
This year, there have been over 979935 bit coins stolen from exchanges, As in 9,589,457,722.35 USD.
A couple of years ago, some due lost his life savings due to a bitcoin wallet scam.

By the time you cash out it may be less then you charged. Right now bitcoin is trending up, you can usually wait for the next daily peek and then cash out . But there are also times when it's trending down, and it can be harder not to loose some money.

Just to point out there are transaction fees. As in buying coins, buying, selling the coins off. Right now that probable works out to some thing like 2.40. But it's also worth noting the cost fluctuates.

People keeping significant amounts of money in exchanges lol... and scams/hacks/viruses are nothing nothing new or exclusive to crypto.

Argh yes i totally meant paypal, not amazon. Sorry for the confusion!

Your lucky,

I have been getting paid in bitcoin as my main payment type for over a year, to be honest the up's and downs dont make that much difference, you are talking a couple of $ normally, it's not often that you see the 20-50% jumps anymore, the day to day is normally more like 1-3% with the odd blip of 5-10%.
That is also the number 1 reason why you dont keep money on an exchange, you have no control over it. While it may have been a bug in the wallet that allowed for my transfer to be made it was ultimately my own shortfall on my network security that made it possible.
If you have your life savings in bitcoin then you really should be using a hardware wallet that is not accessible from the internet, like a traxor or a nano s, if your investing that much into bitcoin the $100 to keep it secure shouldnt be a big deal.
Ultimately with bitcoin it comes down to if you loose them, you did something stupid... opened a program you shouldn't have, clicked a link you shouldn't have, didnt set up disk encryption, lost your seed, saved your seed on your pc or email or left them on an exchange. When you have 100% of the control over it, there is literally no one else to blame when things go wrong.

Transaction fee's are minimal, the most I have paid for a transaction in the last 12-18 months has been about 70 cents which was under 1% of the transaction, you can pay more if you want, that's completely up to you, the more you pay means the faster it's going to get processed, but you can send transactions with a 0 fee if you dont mind waiting a week or 2 for it to get paid or be returned because there wasnt space in a block to include your 0 fee transaction.

I have been getting paid in bitcoin as my main payment type for over a year, to be honest the up's and downs dont make that much difference, you are talking a couple of $ normally, it's not often that you see the 20-50% jumps anymore, the day to day is normally more like 1-3% with the odd blip of 5-10%.
That is also the number 1 reason why you dont keep money on an exchange, you have no control over it. While it may have been a bug in the wallet that allowed for my transfer to be made it was ultimately my own shortfall on my network security that made it possible.
If you have your life savings in bitcoin then you really should be using a hardware wallet that is not accessible from the internet, like a traxor or a nano s, if your investing that much into bitcoin the $100 to keep it secure shouldnt be a big deal.
Ultimately with bitcoin it comes down to if you loose them, you did something stupid... opened a program you shouldn't have, clicked a link you shouldn't have, didnt set up disk encryption, lost your seed, saved your seed on your pc or email or left them on an exchange. When you have 100% of the control over it, there is literally no one else to blame when things go wrong.

Transaction fee's are minimal, the most I have paid for a transaction in the last 12-18 months has been about 70 cents which was under 1% of the transaction, you can pay more if you want, that's completely up to you, the more you pay means the faster it's going to get processed, but you can send transactions with a 0 fee if you dont mind waiting a week or 2 for it to get paid or be returned because there wasnt space in a block to include your 0 fee transaction.

Also if it's for the purpose of accepting off site payments, the small amount lost to fees is a drop in the bucket compared what any other methods of payment would take, or at least that ones that you won't have to risk having your account closed.

Reactions: KingMarti
Never, ever use paypal for anything related to sex work/camming/adult content.
First and foremost, yes people can and will try to refund/scam you.
Secondly, if Paypal gets wind that you are using it for adult content, they can shut down your account and possibly withhold the funds in it

I learned this the kinda semi hard way. No one ever tried to take back their funds, and I always transferred my money to my bank right after the show but I deffinately did get banned from being able to use paypal meow. #learnfromyourmistakes #thehardway

Last edited:
Do you accept payment off the site you use? Particularly Paypal.. I've accepted money not on the site before and it all worked out fine but its been brought to my attention that people can request a refund on paypal..
Also when people ask for you to be their "skype/pretend girlfriend" and they'll pay for whenever they want a show or to talk.. Do you part take is such activities or do your work in your rooms?

If you use Skype why don't you simply use Skype based sites as Skyprivate and CamLust?

I usually offer to subscribe to my OnlyFans and tip there for some services because % is a little smaller. Another idea make a free OnlyFans account if someone don't want to pay extra $ for subscription and offer to tip there.

I wonder if someone have an experience with cash app here? I saw some girls in twitter using it. I even saw someone just posted their sort code and account number as a payment method (twitter) but I don't think it's safe.

I usually offer to subscribe to my OnlyFans and tip there for some services because % is a little smaller. Another idea make a free OnlyFans account if someone don't want to pay extra $ for subscription and offer to tip there.

I wonder if someone have an experience with cash app here? I saw some girls in twitter using it. I even saw someone just posted their sort code and account number as a payment method (twitter) but I don't think it's safe.
I use cashapp. It's definitely not safe but so far there have not been too much rumblings about refunds etc. It does break TOS to use for sex work. You can deposit the $ instantly to your bank for a fee. So... use that info how you wish. I am sure they will crack down eventually.

Giftrocket used to be safe but recently purged everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.