AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype v. pvt shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleighDoll

Cam Model
Jan 20, 2020
NYC
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@HaleighDolly
MFC Username
HaleighDoll
Hi lovelies!

I have been camming for a short time now and I absolutely love it. One thing that I have noticed is that many people ask for skype shows. I don't have a skype and with the number of people who are asking for them it seems that it is a good idea to get it. What is the appeal of skype v. pvt shows? Is it worth it? Is it safe?

Regarding payment, how do you guarantee you get paid for them and then what is the best way to get paid. Then my next question is how do you keep records on it.

Thank you in advance!

I haven't been doing this long either, but from what I've seen the general consensus is no. Firstly, when you're starting out you want to make as many tokens as you can on the site, particularly with MFC since you need to build up your cam score. Also, ever since SESTA/FAFSA Skype has cracked down a bit on people doing sexual things using Skype, so it could get you into trouble. And thirdly, as a lot of payment processors don't allow people to use their services to sell any form of sexual service, people often use Skype shows to try and scam models and get free content.

If you want to do Skype shows, recommend going to site where it's designed around it. Check out sites like cammodeldirectory.com or skyprivate.com. you accept payments through them.

Most of the time people on camsite asking for Skype are usually trying to get cheaper shows. Most sites now have c2c capabilities, so it's you don't need to go off site to see them. I have the policy, if they are talking to me on specific site, then all shows must be done there. They cannot request to go elsewhere. I'm using that site's traffic, broadband, broadcasting abilities, payment processer.

Edit to add: Skype/Microsoft has been cracking down on people using them for adult services before fosta but really cranked it up after those bills were passed. Some models like myself have switched to using discord. I have seen models lose their Skype/Hotmail accounts for camming, so not worth the risk imo.

Last edited:
I haven't been doing this long either, but from what I've seen the general consensus is no. Firstly, when you're starting out you want to make as many tokens as you can on the site, particularly with MFC since you need to build up your cam score. Also, ever since SESTA/FAFSA Skype has cracked down a bit on people doing sexual things using Skype, so it could get you into trouble. And thirdly, as a lot of payment processors don't allow people to use their services to sell any form of sexual service, people often use Skype shows to try and scam models and get free content.

OK, thank you so much. I have been telling anyone who asks that i don't have skype as well as it is in my whiteboard but it doesn't seem to matter and as soon as i say no they disappear. My cam score seems to be a steady 986 but people tend to just disappear when i wont give them what they want.

Reactions: Lizzy_Beth
If you want to do Skype shows, recommend going to site where it's designed around it. Check out sites like cammodeldirectory.com or skyprivate.com. you accept payments through them.

Most of the time people on camsite asking for Skype are usually trying to get cheaper shows. Most sites now have c2c capabilities, so it's you don't need to go off site to see them. I have the policy, if they are talking to me on specific site, then all shows must be done there. They cannot request to go elsewhere. I'm using that site's traffic, broadband, broadcasting abilities, payment processer.

thank you, I think that is a great policy! Definitely something to stick by.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Most of the time people on camsite asking for Skype are usually trying to get cheaper shows. Most sites now have c2c capabilities

The latency on C2C can be a real deterrent when it comes to using it on certain sites and even with certain models sometimes these delays can be 20second plus.

The pros to skype
1. Truely exclusive (not all sites have this option at all)
2. No latency even with really bad connections
3. Works on Tablets
4. Clearer video (There are many factors to this but it happens)
5. Better echo correction (don't have to hear yourself on their end if they're using a speaker setup)
6. Shows can be schedules outside of your site hours so you don't have to worry about emptying your room for the private to take place (this is more a MFC/CB issue with privates)

Cons
1. Outside of skyprivates (which you NEED to setup correctly or they don't cover you) you need to make sure you use a cam friendly payment system. Some sites allow you to use their site tokens to by these shows but the sites will also back the member with refunds if shit goes down
2. MS likes to combine accounts so make completely sure you're using a new email when you're creating the live account for skype shows or you run the risk of MS associating it with any real MS you might have
3. You will be your own tech support if things don't work you
4. You need to be on top of scheduling sessions like this because member that pay might think you're trying to scam if you change the agreement too much
5. There are members that will want to continue to communicate with you through skype instead of returning the the site you met them on. You might have to lay the law down with some people

That's a few off the top of my head.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo
The latency on C2C can be a real deterrent when it comes to using it on certain sites and even with certain models sometimes these delays can be 20second plus.
Tell ya most of the time members are trying to get a cheaper show, because when they realize you do offer Skype and it's the around the same rates they are never to be heard and see from again.

I agree, the latency can suuuck via c2c. But it has been getting better compared to how it used to be on Streamate for sure. I have a lot more real-time conversations via c2c instead of saying something and waiting for a response. I got one of my regs to use a Ethernet cord to help and to stop using his tablet or phone to c2c with. That seemed to solve his problems.

OK, thank you so much. I have been telling anyone who asks that i don't have skype as well as it is in my whiteboard but it doesn't seem to matter and as soon as i say no they disappear. My cam score seems to be a steady 986 but people tend to just disappear when i wont give them what they want.

These guys probably had no intention of ever paying for anything anyway. It's not you, it's them. In the long run, focusing on building a community in your room will benefit you much more than the money you'd make from the rare guys that actually want to pay for a skype show.

but people tend to just disappear when i wont give them what they want.
This is quite normal. Also being new, there are douche bags who want to push you and expect special treatment because you are new. Stick to your boundaries, and you will start attracting an audience who mostly in return respects them as well. I recommend when answering no, follow it up with a suggestion or offer something different.

"No, I don't have big toys, but I have a couple toys that make me cum like a mother fucker we can use."

"No, I don't do Skype, but if c2c doesn't work here for you, you can always send me a pic of your cock when we go Pvt"

This is quite normal. Also being new, there are douche bags who want to push you and expect special treatment because you are new. Stick to your boundaries, and you will start attracting an audience who mostly in return respects them as well. I recommend when answering no, follow it up with a suggestion or offer something different.

"No, I don't have big toys, but I have a couple toys that make me cum like a mother fucker we can use."

"No, I don't do Skype, but if c2c doesn't work here for you, you can always send me a pic of your cock when we go Pvt"

The kind words are much appreciated as well as the words of advice.

I have one member who will only Skype, but we agree to the price and he tips me in tokens on MFC. He said he just likes they way it looks better, and the latency issue.
99% of the time, when a member asks me how much I charge for a Skype (which is the same as I charge for a pvt on the site), they leave. I expect it at this point. I put it on my whiteboard just to try to deter it, but it will always be asked..

I do appricate all of the help everyone. When i went live today I noticed today the ones who asked me to Skype took no much easier when I used something along the lines of "sorry i prefer to stay on the same platform and i am happy to accomidate a pvt show". However they did come back with something i didn't understand. They told me their computer only worked with skype. That seemed like a load of bull to me. Am I wrong for that?

I do appricate all of the help everyone. When i went live today I noticed today the ones who asked me to Skype took no much easier when I used something along the lines of "sorry i prefer to stay on the same platform and i am happy to accomidate a pvt show". However they did come back with something i didn't understand. They told me their computer only worked with skype. That seemed like a load of bull to me. Am I wrong for that?

Maybe's he's referring to pvts when the model is using OBS broadcasting.

Tell ya most of the time members are trying to get a cheaper show, because when they realize you do offer Skype and it's the around the same rates they are never to be heard and see from again.

I agree, the latency can suuuck via c2c. But it has been getting better compared to how it used to be on Streamate for sure. I have a lot more real-time conversations via c2c instead of saying something and waiting for a response. I got one of my regs to use a Ethernet cord to help and to stop using his tablet or phone to c2c with. That seemed to solve his problems.

Agree on the Skype aspect as most are looking to get cheaper rates. I recall some models actually charged less for Skype than they do for Pvt. At a minimum, should be same as TPvt if on MFC. But, I know many who charge more because they have to turn down the room, etc and it's a hassle for them. they also do it because they know some people will try to scam them.

I remember when I tried to do a C2C with audio on MFC with a model once. It was absolutely terrible... Never again. I personally don't like C2C, so try not to open it. But, a couple of models I visited regularly really liked it, so I did for them on occasion. No talking, as I'd mute the mix and I think they had it off on their end as well to help with frame rate. But, if we ever wanted to video talk, we'd do Skype or WhatsApp. But, those were just talking.

Maybe's he's referring to pvts when the model is using OBS broadcasting.

Probably. If on MFC, they group and Private options are grayed out when they're using OBS as I recall. Model would have to switch to regular I think. I didn't mind when they had to change settings.

I'd recommend setting up a member account, and buy tokens ($20) to become premium. this way, you can see the different options of your room for yourself from the member perspective. that way, if someone says something and seems crazy, you can validate or call them a liar. @AmberCutie made a comment elsewhere that it's good to notify MFC about it being your second account so it doesn't get flagged. I'm not a model, so can't speak to it. But, good to know about.

Ugh finally bothered to make a skype after a member was like "yeah I'll pay tokens to skype with you."

Told him I'd give him 5 min for the 550 tokens. He fed me some bs about how he wanted 30 and other girls were letting him at that rate. I'm sure there is a girl who will give him the 30 min but I would rather take the hit in cam score that I did today than let someone boss me around for less than a dollar a minute in a less secure setting.

Reactions: MarieElise
Ugh finally bothered to make a skype after a member was like "yeah I'll pay tokens to skype with you."

Told him I'd give him 5 min for the 550 tokens. He fed me some bs about how he wanted 30 and other girls were letting him at that rate. I'm sure there is a girl who will give him the 30 min but I would rather take the hit in cam score that I did today than let someone boss me around for less than a dollar a minute in a less secure setting.

Do you mean you only offered a 5min total skype when he wanted 30min session or do you mean he wanted 30tk/min skype when you asking for 110tk/min? You're wording this weird.

Do you mean you only offered a 5min total skype when he wanted 30min session or do you mean he wanted 30tk/min skype when you asking for 110tk/min? You're wording this weird.
It sounds like he only had 550 tokens and wanted a 30 minute skype for that price.

that’s crazy. At a minimum, it should 2400 for a 30 minute Skype (80*30). Taking into account TPvt rates for a Skype, if on MFC
Amber got it right. Sorry. My brain was foggy this AM.

yeah. I told him that exact rate. Just more whining about what “other girls” are doing for him and how much he likes me and wants me to do it for him. Earned himself a nice ignore and name on a sticky so I don’t forget if he can’t play nice. Thank you for validating my stance. You know how these guys can shake confidence.

Amber got it right. Sorry. My brain was foggy this AM.

yeah. I told him that exact rate. Just more whining about what “other girls” are doing for him and how much he likes me and wants me to do it for him. Earned himself a nice ignore and name on a sticky so I don’t forget if he can’t play nice. Thank you for validating my stance. You know how these guys can shake confidence.

To be honest, there are models who will do a 10-15 minute Skype for about 500 tokens. Some of the ones I used to regularly visit were around that rate. I can't understand why, because there's no controls in place where when they're out of tokens time ends. I've heard models complain about how so many people try to take advantage of models by using more time, getting their IP &/or name, or using skype account to communicate with them afterwards. IMO, it's more of a pain for models than it's worth.

As a member, I have always felt it should be at least equivalent to a TruePrivate. If not more as you get better quality video, significantly improved audio for the member, and it's truly exclusive because it's offsite. As mentioned before, I did TruPrivates with models on MFC, as it recorded the sessions so I could go back and watch them again. Skype, and WhatsApp, were only used as talking/communication when the model wanted a 1:1 conversation.

To be honest, there are models who will do a 10-15 minute Skype for about 500 tokens. Some of the ones I used to regularly visit were around that rate. I can't understand why, because there's no controls in place where when they're out of tokens time ends. I've heard models complain about how so many people try to take advantage of models by using more time, getting their IP &/or name, or using skype account to communicate with them afterwards. IMO, it's more of a pain for models than it's worth.

As a member, I have always felt it should be at least equivalent to a TruePrivate. If not more as you get better quality video, significantly improved audio for the member, and it's truly exclusive because it's offsite. As mentioned before, I did TruPrivates with models on MFC, as it recorded the sessions so I could go back and watch them again. Skype, and WhatsApp, were only used as talking/communication when the model wanted a 1:1 conversation.

Oh yeah, I believe there are girls who would. And if that is what works for them, more power to them. Hopefully he found one of them so they could meet each other’s needs.

I made a MFCShare item and priced my Skype the same per minute as a private for 5, 10 and 30 minute Skype sessions. (should have done trueprivate prices but did the cheaper private rate as an experiment). Whenever anyone asks for Skype I send them the link to my MFC item.

In six months I have only had one taker. So most won't even pay a private rate to get me on Skype and have my full attention same as a trueprivate.

Proves to me that these guys asking for Skype on MFC are just cheap. It's kind of hilarious how it shuts them up though! Saves me time because they just disappear instead of trying to convince me how everyone else does it cheap.

I’ve been asked a million times to do Skype now so I searched up this thread to see what the models are saying. I’m glad my gut instinct was right about the IP address situation, the hassle, and members wanting cheaper prices. A member tried to gently bully me into it today and told me “good luck” sticking to Privates lol. Don’t need it! Someone paid for one right afterwards.

I’m just wondering why they are “cracking down” on sex Skype shows? I thought all of this was totally legal so why would it be an issue. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.