AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ManyCam vs OBS?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2020
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@x_kiva
MFC Username
KivaWolf
Hey everyone! I'm Violet, a newbie streamer on MFC. I started out on MFC at the beginning on February, and so far have had an OK time. When broadcasting, I have only used the Browser-based Model Web Broadcaster on MFC. I have seen lots of other models who have text and graphics on their display stream, and I was wondering how they do that. Can you do that using OBS or ManyCam? I want to add more authenticity and professionalism to my camming, and this is one of the ways I want to do it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Hey everyone! I'm Violet, a newbie streamer on MFC. I started out on MFC at the beginning on February, and so far have had an OK time. When broadcasting, I have only used the Browser-based Model Web Broadcaster on MFC. I have seen lots of other models who have text and graphics on their display stream, and I was wondering how they do that. Can you do that using OBS or ManyCam? I want to add more authenticity and professionalism to my camming, and this is one of the ways I want to do it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
You can do text and graphics with both, but the tip notifications and interactive elements will only work in obs as far as I know. if you use obs directly I dont think you are able to take pvt's but the i think the interactive elements will still work if you use the obs vcam plugin and then use your obs scene as a virtual camera in the web broadcaster (not 100% on if that does work since I cant actually stream on mfc, but I am sure someone will jump in and correct me if that's wrong).

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
Upvote 0
You can do text and graphics with both, but the tip notifications and interactive elements will only work in obs as far as I know. if you use obs directly I dont think you are able to take pvt's but the i think the interactive elements will still work if you use the obs vcam plugin and then use your obs scene as a virtual camera in the web broadcaster (not 100% on if that does work since I cant actually stream on mfc, but I am sure someone will jump in and correct me if that's wrong).

Awesome, thank you. I'm not doing pvt's right now, so that wont be a problem. I downloaded everything needed for OBS and am getting it set up and messing around with it so we'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0
I used to use ManyCam when I first started out. I found that the features were a lot easier to use than OBS because they came already installed and ready to use (overlaying multiple windows, typing and drawing on screen, sharing images). So if you're new to camming and not great with technology, I would recommend ManyCam. I did eventually switch to OBS for two reasons. 1) Once you get the hang of searching for and installing plug ins, OBS has a lot more interactive features available on screen, like flashing your tippers, goals and having a leaderboard on screen. 2) ManyCam does not support DSLR cameras. However, I still keep ManyCam on my computer because it's always a good idea to have a backup program to stream from. One time I went to a convention and everyone who was using OBS was having a lot of technical issues. I switched to ManyCam and ended up being one of the only people to have a stable stream.

Upvote 0
I used to use ManyCam when I first started out. I found that the features were a lot easier to use than OBS because they came already installed and ready to use (overlaying multiple windows, typing and drawing on screen, sharing images). So if you're new to camming and not great with technology, I would recommend ManyCam. I did eventually switch to OBS for two reasons. 1) Once you get the hang of searching for and installing plug ins, OBS has a lot more interactive features available on screen, like flashing your tippers, goals and having a leaderboard on screen. 2) ManyCam does not support DSLR cameras. However, I still keep ManyCam on my computer because it's always a good idea to have a backup program to stream from. One time I went to a convention and everyone who was using OBS was having a lot of technical issues. I switched to ManyCam and ended up being one of the only people to have a stable stream.
Obs is firm ... but sometimes cam website cannot keep up on high traffic ... but direct. Stream is good too.

Upvote 0

I know this thread is sleepy but I was searching so I didn't have to ask the same questions. I'm a complete OBS noob. I did download OBS and it worked for a bit and now when I try the screen is completely black and doesn't work. I'm not sure why. I even deleted and downloaded again. Still no. I have no idea what I'm doing but you went ahead and threw "use the obs vcam plugin and then use your obs scene as a virtual camera in the web broadcaster" into the mix and my head is blown.

I need someone to explain it to me like I'm 5 😫😂😂

Upvote 0
I know this thread is sleepy but I was searching so I didn't have to ask the same questions. I'm a complete OBS noob. I did download OBS and it worked for a bit and now when I try the screen is completely black and doesn't work. I'm not sure why. I even deleted and downloaded again. Still no. I have no idea what I'm doing but you went ahead and threw "use the obs vcam plugin and then use your obs scene as a virtual camera in the web broadcaster" into the mix and my head is blown.

I need someone to explain it to me like I'm 5 😫😂😂
when you say the screen is black, do you mean the entire monitor goes black or just where your cam should be?
If it's just where the cam should be then I would double check you have added the source (sources panel, then click the + at the bottom, then click video capture device and then select your camera in the pop up window).

I can dig up a tutorial walk through on setting it up if that would help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.