AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Im finally approved, basic tips before I go live?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyraRose

Cam Model
Apr 26, 2020
United States
Twitter Username
@LyraRoseX
Chaturbate Username
LyraRoseX
I've been on CB for a month but just got my approval from MFC and got everything filled out, I plan to go live for the first time next week. What are some updated tips before I dive in to this new platform, specifically related to being new but jumping over from CB having a bit of an idea and comfortability on cam. Anyone with more recent insights than the overall advice threads?
TIA!

• Hugs
Reactions: AllyVixen
From a member perspective, just have fun, be welcoming and do what feels natural to you. The members will find you, and hopefully some will stick around and become regulars.

Id take the time to read some of the various conversations about PMs, privates, etc. so you have an idea of difference between CB and MFC

Best to you!

Upvote 0
I've been on CB for a month but just got my approval from MFC and got everything filled out, I plan to go live for the first time next week. What are some updated tips before I dive in to this new platform, specifically related to being new but jumping over from CB having a bit of an idea and comfortability on cam. Anyone with more recent insights than the overall advice threads?
TIA!

Fill out the basics on your profile. Log on the web broadcaster and get familiar. Add someone as a friend (another model works.. add me if u like) so u can test out the pm functions and such. Go into your options set up ur pms, privates etc. Set up your whiteboard from the web broadcaster. Click "enter chat room without going online" to check how the chat room works and preview your cam to see how that all goes. When u first start on MFC u will get a LOT of pmers and a lot of ppl assuming ur an easy new face to scam. Make sure u know what tips look like. (Will appear in yellow green or grey. Tokens will immediately appear in the token counter under your cam.

Get familiar with how to set a countdown. Possibly set up charlesbot. If u have any pre made content get it loaded to mfcshare with descriptions and good previews and tags. Play around in there, try sending yourself a voucher etc.

Get familiar with broadcasting options in the broadcaster. Decide if u will use webrtc, OBS or flash but be ready to switch if mfc decides to be a dick.

If you have any regs that will be converting to mfc with u hype up that first day so u have some support!

Good luck!!

Upvote 0
Oh thank you so much. That's amazing they have an offline preview mode. That drives me nuts about cb that they do not and I have to do all editing while I'm live in order to see how it works and interacts. I'm using OBS now, do you recommend I continue? Thank you for the offer to add you to be able to try it all out, it seems pretty interactive and I'm looking forward to that. I'll play around this weekend for sure!

Upvote 0
Oh thank you so much. That's amazing they have an offline preview mode. That drives me nuts about cb that they do not and I have to do all editing while I'm live in order to see how it works and interacts. I'm using OBS now, do you recommend I continue? Thank you for the offer to add you to be able to try it all out, it seems pretty interactive and I'm looking forward to that. I'll play around this weekend for sure!
I'm way behind the curve on OBS. WebRTC is working well for me but many models are having problems and prefer OBS (plus it's more flexible etc). SO if you're familiar i'd start with OBS and just see how it goes.

Someone else may be able to tell me - I'm pretty sure for a while there you couldn't do privates or groups with OBS? I'm not sure if they've fixed that yet.

Upvote 0
There’s 2 ways to do the “new model” thing. One is to arrive with everything sorted out like the advice above, and it will make you look professional. The second strategy is to do the opposite, arrive 100% fresh and ask the audience for help setting things up, etc. I find most times the second strategy works better for several reasons... first, there will be an element of clumsiness no matter how much you practice beforehand so having rehearsed makes it look a bit stiff and artificial, while fumbling around while talking to them and asking for help feels more real and genuine. Second... it gives you something to talk to the audience about. Men love to help out on technical things so if you ask many will be willing to help driving the conversation and being a nice ice breaker. Third: it makes you memorable... your one goal when you stream for the first time on a new site is to hook a few members who will become “regulars” at least for a few weeks and who will help you get past the cam score hit when the “new” tag is over. By involving them in your beginning they will remain interested in your success as they will feel like a part of your journey. And last thing is... if you come with a plan it might not jive with the mood the audience is in, it’s better to respond to what the room throws you. This is the reason I mostly improvise and rarely come with a plan.

There are downsides to this strategy too, you will also get 10 times more scammers and entitled assholes but since you’ve been camming for a month already you should have some experience handling those. Boundaries is the one thing I would set in stone.

Now my advice when it comes to MFC (I cammed there for 3 years before switching to Chaturbate where I’ve been for 4 years since) is this: on CB it’s almost required to show skin and be explicit to gain traction. Not every model is but the vast majority are and rely on many people tipping a little each. MFC is a different game. It relies on a tiny group of deep pockets members who become the backbone of your room. So you should focus much more on the interaction with these on and offsite than you would on CB. They will also expect content: videos and pictures, which are never a focus on CB but will play a big part on your MFC success. You will also find it easier to do shows without being explicit all the time, which is one of MFCs main appeals. Good luck and I hope it goes great

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There’s 2 ways to do the “new model” thing. One is to arrive with everything sorted out like the advice above, and it will make you look professional. The second strategy is to do the opposite, arrive 100% fresh and ask the audience for help setting things up, etc. I find most times the second strategy works better for several reasons... first, there will be an element of clumsiness no matter how much you practice beforehand so having rehearsed makes it look a bit stiff and artificial, while fumbling around while talking to them and asking for help feels more real and genuine. Second... it gives you something to talk to the audience about. Men love to help out on technical things so if you ask many will be willing to help driving the conversation and being a nice ice breaker. Third: it makes you memorable... your one goal when you stream for the first time on a new site is to hook a few members who will become “regulars” at least for a few weeks and who will help you get past the cam score hit when the “new” tag is over. By involving them in your beginning they will remain interested in your success as they will feel like a part of your journey. And last thing is... if you come with a plan it might not jive with the mood the audience is in, it’s better to respond to what the room throws you. This is the reason I mostly improvise and rarely come with a plan.

There are downsides to this strategy too, you will also get 10 times more scammers and entitled assholes but since you’ve been camming for a month already you should have some experience handling those. Boundaries is the one thing I would set in stone.

Now my advice when it comes to MFC (I cammed there for 3 years before switching to Chaturbate where I’ve been for 4 years since) is this: on CB it’s almost required to show skin and be explicit to gain traction. Not every model is but the vast majority are and rely on many people tipping a little each. MFC is a different game. It relies on a tiny group of deep pockets members who become the backbone of your room. So you should focus much more on the interaction with these on and offsite than you would on CB. They will also expect content: videos and pictures, which are never a focus on CB but will play a big part on your MFC success. You will also find it easier to do shows without being explicit all the time, which is one of MFCs main appeals. Good luck and I hope it goes great
Fantastic advice, thank you so so much! I'm going to hop in and play around and I think I can find a balance between fumbling and having an idea of what I'm doing having already gone through it on CB. I've been doing explicit shows already and it would be kinda nice to be able to dial it back a bit but I'm not very good at creating videos and such as I've been devoting my time in front of the camera to simply streaming. I've recorded a few clips while I was online but I dont like doing that as I find myself still working on my PM boundaries and being on my keyboard is a dead giveaway that I dont like. This was very helpful, thank you again. I do like chaturbate, but I have to see what else is out there and see what might work best for me.

What made you switch and stay with CB?

Upvote 0

This is all very spot on, so I agree with not looking 1005 polished when you arrive.

But on the backend, KNOW all the stuff you need to know going in so that you aren't duped by the people trying to take advantage of your n00b status.

Upvote 0
What made you switch and stay with CB?

On 2014 MFC got rid of their affiliate program and the traffic took a big hit. It wasn’t so noticeable at first because the site had an audience already that were spending nicely but as time went on, the lack of new traffic started to take a toll on earnings. When a regular left I was no longer able to replace him as quickly as before so by August 2015 my earnings started to suffer. I tried all the strategies I could think of including some desperate measures to bring some life back to my room with moderate success. If I managed to save a month, the next month was back to the drawing table in a very frustrating cycle. It was this way until December 2015 when I decided to give Chaturbate a shot. I was avoiding it because I’m a softcore model (think playboy level) and I was intimidated by how hardcore Chaturbate seemed to be and the reputation it had for its members being cheap. However I had decided it was either Chaturbate or retirement. So I gave it a shot. And it was amazing. My first night I had 6000 people watching (back then that was the max traffic a room ever got) tons of tippers, hooked amazing regulars who didn’t expect me to do emotional work or to talk to them off site.. it was a great experience. So I stayed, and i have been very happy since. I think Chaturbate suits my personality better because I’m very good at entertaining a large crowd and very bad at 1 on 1 interaction... depending on clingy needy entitled man children to carry my show was a huge burden and on Chaturbate my regulars have always been super chill and awesome and the most important thing is I don’t need them cause the crowd carries the show with little tips, so even if they left I would still make bank.

Now MFC reopened their affiliate program in 2017 or so... and things have probably changed since. Earnings over there I hear are mostly the same. I do miss how good support was to me always, the competition among models is also a factor that used to motivate me a lot.. and on CB the competition is more lax. MFC can be very exciting too

Reactions: mira_leo
Upvote 0
How could people take advantage of your n00b status? I mean, what could they do? I'm not being funny or sarcastic, I'm just pretty new at all of this
Some members love to search out new models and try to "help" them or coach them in exchange for free stuff/shows. Or even just the extra attention.

Examples:
Offering to promote in the Lounge for something. (Lounge is useless in this sense).
Offering to be a room helper but then ban/kick people inappropriately.
Offering to tweet about you/etc in exchange for pics or vids or skype.
Offering to tip off site (paypal, venmo, amazon) which could get the model in trouble, and also possible to scam and not pay.

Upvote 0
Some members love to search out new models and try to "help" them or coach them in exchange for free stuff/shows. Or even just the extra attention.

Examples:
Offering to promote in the Lounge for something. (Lounge is useless in this sense).
Offering to be a room helper but then ban/kick people inappropriately.
Offering to tweet about you/etc in exchange for pics or vids or skype.
Offering to tip off site (paypal, venmo, amazon) which could get the model in trouble, and also possible to scam and not pay.
And offering to rate/admire for something (flash etc).
Pretending to be admin OR some kind of agent.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Also, some members will try and fool models with things like highlighted text to mimic tips when no tips were done.

Gift card scams.

Saying they'll tip after the flash, etc.

Luckily, I've only seen a few members try things. But, I'm only a member and only see a small fraction of what models experience.

Upvote 0
Lots of great advice listed above! In my experience starting on MFC, people were mostly nice to try and help me figure it out while I was first streaming. (even though I had done a bunch of research before hand to try and understand how to get things set up - it all seemed to spaced my mind once I was live. so definitely helps having some kind members help walk you thru some things)

I think aiming to make connections during the "new model" status can be beneficial. I have a small but solid group that have been watching me since I started - and they enjoy watching the evolution. There is a podcast called CAM101 that has some advice on engaging with your room and building regulars.

The podcast has helped me get some ideas of how to approach closing deals or getting more involvement in a dead public chat - might be something to listen to while you get ready :)

Sure you will do great! Goodluck!

Upvote 0
Lots of great advice listed above! In my experience starting on MFC, people were mostly nice to try and help me figure it out while I was first streaming. (even though I had done a bunch of research before hand to try and understand how to get things set up - it all seemed to spaced my mind once I was live. so definitely helps having some kind members help walk you thru some things)

I think aiming to make connections during the "new model" status can be beneficial. I have a small but solid group that have been watching me since I started - and they enjoy watching the evolution. There is a podcast called CAM101 that has some advice on engaging with your room and building regulars.

The podcast has helped me get some ideas of how to approach closing deals or getting more involvement in a dead public chat - might be something to listen to while you get ready :)

Sure you will do great! Goodluck!
Thank you so much, I'll def check out that podcast!

Upvote 0
How could people take advantage of your n00b status? I mean, what could they do? I'm not being funny or sarcastic, I'm just pretty new at all of this
All of the specific things listed. Generally, when a model has new status, all of the sleazy broke guys come out of the woodwork, to try to use the model's inexperience against them. They figure, correctly, that the new model does not know the site well yet, nor the commonplace tricks and scams of that specific site. Strong boundaries, an ability to say no, and block, help get rid of these guys. Once they realize they cannot get away with it, they generally stop visiting your room, and move on. Having middle of the road to higher prices, has also helped me to deter these types, although they were a huge, huge issue when I was new and inexperienced. Those specific types are like Parasitic Leeches. If you let them, they will bleed you dry.

ETA; When I started on MFC (my first live site), I was specifically very, very bad at managing PMs. That caused me to have such fast burnout, and make so little money. I moved to a different site now, but I still think MFC was/is a great site. Learning how to manage PMs is a total must though, or they can become way, WAY overloading, really fast!

Upvote 0
I'd take the things said in that podcast wit ha grin of salt. You'll probably find better info in this forum tbh.
Yeah that podcast was written by a management agency, so they likely have a different approach to sharing information than fellow models might.

Upvote 0
Yeah that podcast was written by a management agency, so they likely have a different approach to sharing information than fellow models might.

For me the problem was not just how they share information, but also how everything sounds like a F4F ad, would be better if it was labeled as such so people wouldn't listen to this podcast thinking it applies to other sites. And then there was the episode titled "How to make $20,000/month on Flirt4Free" where the advice basically summed up tp if you stay on long enough you make more money, then stay on even longer and you'll make even more money, and eventually you'll make 20k. Would hate to think some new models might actually listen to this and use it as a basis for their success...

Upvote 0
t
I'd take the things said in that podcast wit ha grin of salt. You'll probably find better info in this forum tbh.
yes, definitely agree with a grain of salt. I feel like my typical strategy for trying to get info is gathering from many different sources and then see what I want to try or test. My main take away that I took from the podcast was trying to say hi to anyone that enters your room and/or asking them something (this is probably obvious to some people) but prior I was just doing my thing not really being that focused on the chatroom which could be a different strategy as well! haha

Upvote 0
My main take away that I took from the podcast was trying to say hi to anyone that enters your room and/or asking them something (this is probably obvious to some people)
Here's an example of a major difference in advice you'll get from a studio/management company vs. fellow models with personal experience under their belts.

It has been discussed on here many times over many years, and it turns out theres a HUGE amount of viewers who are put off by being greeted as soon as they enter the room, and immediately leave.

So ya gotta be careful with that!

Upvote 0
Here's an example of a major difference in advice you'll get from a studio/management company vs. fellow models with personal experience under their belts.

It has been discussed on here many times over many years, and it turns out theres a HUGE amount of viewers who are put off by being greeted as soon as they enter the room, and immediately leave.

So ya gotta be careful with that!
Thank you! Appreciate your forums & will keep it in mind🙂 🙏 Lots of trial and error - but I hope eventually ill figure out what works best for me

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.