AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Paying cash for my Snapchat??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2020
One of my viewers offered me cash for my snapchat. Is that legit? Why would they offer me cash if I have it for purchase via tokens on my cam site?

Also probably because they can't get their hands on a card with which to buy tokens, the card is in their wife's name or the wife is routinely rifling through the CC statements. These guys show up all the time. Just refuse it.

They are probably hoping to get a discount by cutting out the middle man, which would be the cam site in this case.

Some are well-intended . But, if you're promoting Snap on a camsite, have them pay for it via the camsite.

Also probably because they can't get their hands on a card with which to buy tokens, the card is in their wife's name or the wife is routinely rifling through the CC statements. These guys show up all the time. Just refuse it.

Possible. But, there's some other reasons too:

• They might be a minor
  • They're hoping to get contact info by mailing it.
  • They might be trying to scam saying "Check's in the mail" and you grant access before actually receiving it, to which they never send it

There's a lot of reasons. You're best to stick with the payment method of whatever cam site you're working on. This helps prevent you from being scammed.

Just like Gift cards, paypal, google wallet, venmo or other payments. Don't do them either since they are not adult worker friendly and could close accounts associated to you, even if not related to adult work. There's a number of posts here if you want to look it up

Just like Gift cards, paypal, google wallet, venmo or other payments. Don't do them either since they are not adult worker friendly and could close accounts associated to you, even if not related to adult work.

Yep. There isn't really a thing like anonymous, safe and reliable money transfers. On a side note: I lost count of the number of models who made Amazon wish lists that displayed a real name when you went to look at it. Oh, well ...

Overall life advice, don't send or receive cash in the mail. Even if it's for a birthday card. Safer to write a check. That way if it's lost or stolen, you won't lose money.

I read the first message and thought, "He wants to pay for Snapchat in person? What a weirdo! Who on the Earth would accept this kind of payment?".

Because cash... you know, cash:
0AFCE426-5A69-4612-A1F5-377ED300228B.jpeg

These non-native speakers' problems again...

They are probably hoping to get a discount by cutting out the middle man, which would be the cam site in this case.

Exactly this, any time someone has asked me to take payments offsite, it was a situation where they paid less, but I got the same amount.

Not to mention accepting payments outside the site could result in chargebacks or a breach of your privacy... whats in it for the model? 🤦‍♀️

Safer to write a check.
I love when someone mentions checks.
I've seen a lot of this stuff in American movies when I was a kid and I always thought, "Those guys are so weird, why do they accept a piece of paper and act like everything is okay?".
I even thought I'd be able to write a check for any amount (like, for example, €10 000) on my own and go with it to the local bank and they would happily accept it. Because it seemed to work this way for me back then.
Yeah, I was a naive (stupid) kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.