AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do nickname colors work in chaturbate ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a few questions about nickname colors on chaturbate. I hope you can help me to answer some of them :)

My understanding is that:
  • Orange names are Broadcasters
  • Red names are Moderators
  • Light Blue names own or have purchased tokens
  • Dark Blue names have tipped at least 50 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Purple names have tipped at least 250 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Dark Purple names have tipped at least 1000 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Green names are fan club members
  • Grey names have no tokens
But...

1) If I tipped a total of 1000 tokens in 2 weeks and have nothing more after that, am I going to get a dark purple nickname (since I spent 1000 tokens)? or a a Grey nickname (since I don't have tokens anymore)?

2) What if I buy tokens straight after having done what's written in question 1? Am I going to get a light blue nickname?

3) If tipped a total of 1000 tokens in 2 weeks but instead of spending everything, let's say that I leave 1 token on my account, I guess that I will surely be considered as a dark purple user but for how long? For 2 weeks? For an infinite time as long as my account doesn't fall to 0?

4) I was recently considered as a dark purple user since I tipped more than 1000 tokens in 2 weeks but the color of my nickname went back to light purple after 2 days only. How do you explain that?

5) If I tip like that :

Day 1: 250 tokens
Day 5: 250 tokens
Day 10: 250 tokens
Day 15: 250 tokens

I guess that I will be Dark Purple on day 15 but should I tip the same amount of tokens on Day 16 that I tipped on Day 1 ( 250 tokens) if I wanna stay dark purple?

6) Can you tell me if there is a way for the models to know how much tokens are left on your account?

Thanks in advance

• Helpful!
Reactions: sikayoujo
1) When your 2 week period is up and you have spent no further tokens, you will return to LIGHT BLUE because you have ONCE in your lifetime PURCHASED tokens.

2) You will remain a light blue until you tip the required amounts to turn the other colours.

3) If you tip 1000 tokens but then hold on to 1 token you will fall back to a light blue after those 2 weeks, but keeping hold of that 1 token allows you to post in rooms where models have it set to "must HAVE tokens to chat".

4) It's all based on TIME. If you spent 500 tokens on Wednesday at 8am, and then 500 tokens the very next day, let's say exactly 24 hrs after (Thursday at 8am for example sake). 14 days after your FIRST tip, it will then "deduct" what you tipped from your "status" so in this case, as soon as Wednesday comes round (14 days) it will knock you down to light purple because now you have only tipped 500 tokens (from the day after: Thursday).

5) See above. Your example you would only be light purple because that initial first day of 250 is "deducted" because it's past 14 days. Which means now, you have only spent 750 tokens on day 15, so you will be light purple.

6) They can't know EXACTLY but they can know if you have more or less than they have in their account. They can sort their room by "highest > lowest persons with tokens", this will also include themselves in the sorting, so they would be above/below you depending on if you have more or less than them - if you have 100 tokens and they have 0 on their account, you will show as being ABOVE the broadcaster in the user list

I hope that all helps

Extra tip for you:
In your Gear Settings, the right of the PM Tab, look for "Highest Token Color" and you can set this to any colour you want to be displayed as, so long as you fit the criteria.
For example, if I tip 1000 tokens, I can now appear in the user list to the model and everyone else as Light Blue, Dark Blue, Light Purple, or Dark Purple. I can literally select what colour to be shown as.
If I tip 500 tokens, this means I am only a Light Purple by the criteria on the site, which means I can change myself to show as Light Blue, Dark Blue or Light Purple, but NOT Dark Purple, as I have not tipped enough in those 14 days to reach that criteria.

This is very useful if you get harassed a lot in PM from models.

Upvote 0
Best not to overthink it.
yes, it's the best (though I'm not sure of this sticking color thing ^^, for me you return grey after a while whatever you tipped in the past)

and remember the way to force a false color that better fit what you intend to expend ;)
Extra tip for you:
In your Gear Settings, the right of the PM Tab, look for "Highest Token Color" and you can set this to any colour you want to be displayed as, so long as you fit the criteria.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be....

I bet you all sang that as you read it.

Actually, no. My first reaction was "Makes me glad I'm on MFC where I can simply hide my tokens and rewards points and not have to deal with it." ;)

Upvote 0
1) When your 2 week period is up and you have spent no further tokens, you will return to LIGHT BLUE because you have ONCE in your lifetime PURCHASED tokens.

2) You will remain a light blue until you tip the required amounts to turn the other colours.

3) If you tip 1000 tokens but then hold on to 1 token you will fall back to a light blue after those 2 weeks, but keeping hold of that 1 token allows you to post in rooms where models have it set to "must HAVE tokens to chat".

4) It's all based on TIME. If you spent 500 tokens on Wednesday at 8am, and then 500 tokens the very next day, let's say exactly 24 hrs after (Thursday at 8am for example sake). 14 days after your FIRST tip, it will then "deduct" what you tipped from your "status" so in this case, as soon as Wednesday comes round (14 days) it will knock you down to light purple because now you have only tipped 500 tokens (from the day after: Thursday).

5) See above. Your example you would only be light purple because that initial first day of 250 is "deducted" because it's past 14 days. Which means now, you have only spent 750 tokens on day 15, so you will be light purple.

6) They can't know EXACTLY but they can know if you have more or less than they have in their account. They can sort their room by "highest > lowest persons with tokens", this will also include themselves in the sorting, so they would be above/below you depending on if you have more or less than them - if you have 100 tokens and they have 0 on their account, you will show as being ABOVE the broadcaster in the user list

I hope that all helps

Extra tip for you:
For example, if I tip 1000 tokens, I can now appear in the user list to the model and everyone else as Light Blue, Dark Blue, Light Purple, or Dark Purple. I can literally select what colour to be shown as.
If I tip 500 tokens, this means I am only a Light Purple by the criteria on the site, which means I can change myself to show as Light Blue, Dark Blue or Light Purple, but NOT Dark Purple, as I have not tipped enough in those 14 days to reach that criteria.

This is very useful if you get harassed a lot in PM from models.

Wow that was the perfect answer I was waiting for! Thanks a lot for your help!

Best not to overthink it.

Yeah I was just wondering how it worked haha

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
On this same topic:

On CB, I have the option in my settings to choose my “Highest Token Color.” So although my actual color is dark purple (based on the formula above), I can make it so that my username never appears as a color higher than light blue, dark blue or light purple, if I want to. (Grey is not one of my options.)

I assume this only works in reverse and that a light blue can’t choose to appear as a dark purple, but I’m not positive and I can’t test it myself. Does anyone know?

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
...and I just noticed Brett answered my question in this same thread already, but I somehow overlooked it.

Sorry! (and thanks for the info)

Upvote 0
On this same topic:

On CB, I have the option in my settings to choose my “Highest Token Color.” So although my actual color is dark purple (based on the formula above), I can make it so that my username never appears as a color higher than light blue, dark blue or light purple, if I want to. (Grey is not one of my options.)

I assume this only works in reverse and that a light blue can’t choose to appear as a dark purple, but I’m not positive and I can’t test it myself. Does anyone know?

Yep that's what was said in one of the previous messages. I didn't try it yet but I wonder how do you go back to normal after that cause I haven't seen any reset button.

Upvote 0
Yep that's what was said in one of the previous messages. I didn't try it yet but I wonder how do you go back to normal after that cause I haven't seen any reset button.

Not sure there is a way to "reset". Not sure why anyone would want to go back to grey to be fair.
But the best or only option is a new account if it's what you'd like.

Edit:
Okay so I just tested something that I knew used to work, and I wanted to see if it still counted/worked.

I have a few accounts for different reasons, one of which was purely to test bio coding so I verified it. This is a GREY account and iI have NEVER PURCHASED tokens with it. However, I HAVE received tokens from it. I have on a fair few times tipped MYSELF tokens to "store" the tokens so I do not tip all tokens in one single night (it's a good thing to do if you're like me and easily get carried away). I had left 1 token on this account and was a light blue, so I just tipped that 1 token back to my MAIN account and now, the account is GREY.

So, 1 way "AROUND" this can be to have 2 accounts. Have your grey account + your spending account.
BUT do not use your MAIN (the one you will buy tokens with) to tip models with.
Then you can use both, or just the one you would like to revert back to grey once you have tipped all of your tokens away.

This also means do not buy the Supporter Package from CB, and I think also fan Club Memberships. Literally do not PURCHASE anything on the account you want to always keep grey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure why anyone would want to go back to grey to be fair.
The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is to avoid those pesky models PMs 12 nanoseconds after you show up in certain rooms. I.e. fly a bit under the radar. As a dark purple user you come with a certain stigma, even if you are flat out broke and haven't tipped a single token for 10 days.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is to avoid those pesky models PMs 12 nanoseconds after you show up in certain rooms. I.e. fly a bit under the radar. As a dark purple user you come with a certain stigma, even if you are flat out broke and haven't tipped a single token for 10 days.

But this is why you "hide" your true colour by selecting the Light Blue option in the settings.
Most models will go by the fact you're a simple "1 token holder freeloader" (which to be fair most are). So it will stop the harassments, then obviously if you want the attention, change your colour back to purple or any other colour you fit the criteria to be

Upvote 0

If you have tokens but want to be grey for that reason, you’re probably better off having a burner account because then your username won’t give you away.

I have never used the color change setting except to test it out, but I admit it might be enlightening to enter certain models’ rooms with a dramatically lower color once or twice to see if it changes the dynamic.

In fact, I’m gonna do it for a day or two. Talked myself into it.

Upvote 0
If you have tokens but want to be grey for that reason, you’re probably better off having a burner account because then your username won’t give you away.

I have never used the color change setting except to test it out, but I admit it might be enlightening to enter certain models’ rooms with a dramatically lower color once or twice to see if it changes the dynamic.

In fact, I’m gonna do it for a day or two. Talked myself into it.

lol yes, remember: if your main account is "JohnDoe" don't then call your "under the radar" account "JohnDoe2" lol.
It's pointless me trying, especially for models I have a good report with, I give myself away as soon as I start talking lol

• Funny!
Reactions: DoD404 and Smoothie
Upvote 0
then obviously if you want the attention, change your colour back to purple or any other colour you fit the criteria to be
Permanently masquerading as a light blue would work for me. To be honest, I would not mind if CB's colour scheme was simply gray or not gray, something along the lines of what StripChat is doing.

Upvote 0
lol yes, remember: if your main account is "JohnDoe" don't then call your "under the radar" account "JohnDoe2" lol.
It's pointless me trying, especially for models I have a good report with, I give myself away as soon as I start talking lol

Yeah, same. If I went full burner, I’d also have to go full mute in the chat or else I’d out myself.

Changing my username color also has limited benefit, tbh. Any model that sorts users by token amount will immediately see that something doesn’t add up. But I’ll try it anyway.

Upvote 0
Permanently masquerading as a light blue would work for me. To be honest, I would not mind if CB's colour scheme was simply gray or not gray, something along the lines of what StripChat is doing.

One of MFC’s “rewards” after a certain token amount is to allow members to change font and colour of name and text in chat.
MFC doesn’t change colours or anything based on how many tokens you have, spent etc beyond guest/basic/premium accounts. They also allow members to hide token and reward points from models, which models can see by default

Upvote 0
If you manually change the color of your username on chaturbate, how long will it stay like that? Is it going to automatically change depending on the amount of tokens you spend?

Upvote 0
If you manually change the color of your username on chaturbate, how long will it stay like that? Is it going to automatically change depending on the amount of tokens you spend?
It will stay the colour you have selected and won't go higher if you tip more but once your 24 days is up you should revert back down to light blue.

So if you choose to show as dark blue after you no longer fit that criteria you should automatically drop back down to light blue.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
it's like you say, you can't appear higher than you are.
The adjustment defines the *higher* color to show and remains set until you change it yourself.
ie If you defined light purple and you don't tip for a long time, you will go down to light-blue. Then when tipping you will go dark blue, light purple, and then stay at light purple.

Changing my username color also has limited benefit, tbh. Any model that sorts users by token amount will immediately see that something doesn’t add up. But I’ll try it anyway.
your color just gives info on what you tipped, not on what you have in your purse, ok. It's frequent to keep tokens and would be really expensive to tip the whole each time you visit a room. This, any (a bit smart) model can understand.
So, if a model notices it and reproach it to you, you have an easy answer (personally, I would leave as she didn't pass the test^^) : you buy many tk not often to get the 39% cut off, and tip what you can and what you want... it's not really her concern after all and she should pass more time in her chat instead of refreshing the user list every minutes.

Upvote 0
It will stay the colour you have selected and won't go higher if you tip more but once your 24 days is up you should revert back down to light blue.

So if you choose to show as dark blue after you no longer fit that criteria you should automatically drop back down to light blue.

So you're telling me that if I manually change the color of my nickname and if for any reason I wanna reset the settings and let the website decide which color I should be again (depending on the amount of tokens I tipped), there would be no way to do it other than wait 24 days? (without tipping anymore? )

Upvote 0
So you're telling me that if I manually change the color of my nickname and if for any reason I wanna reset the settings and let the website decide which color I should be again (depending on the amount of tokens I tipped), there would be no way to do it other than wait 24 days? (without tipping anymore? )
you just change it back in the settings, you don't have to wait.

Upvote 0
It's easier to experiment with it to see how it works. It's not that complicated. I am forever light blue. The only time I show my real color is if someone starts talking shit to me about being a 1 token blue. Also it used to be that you needed to keep 1 token in your account to avoid becoming grey again but I'm not sure that's case anymore. I've gone weeks and months before with 0 tokens and I've never turned grey again.

Upvote 0
It's easier to experiment with it to see how it works. It's not that complicated. I am forever light blue. The only time I show my real color is if someone starts talking shit to me about being a 1 token blue. Also it used to be that you needed to keep 1 token in your account to avoid becoming grey again but I'm not sure that's case anymore. I've gone weeks and months before with 0 tokens and I've never turned grey again.
yeah on a joke account i have for the ones that have the write on body tip menu item its been at 0 tokens for many years and its not grey. I think the only ones turning grey these days are the ones that received tokens from another source aside from a direct purchase.

Upvote 0
Dark Blue for life!!!
I consider 'needing' to be dark purple as nothing more than bragging rights.

When you drop a 5000tk bombshell and still remain light or dark blue it makes everyone else in the room questioning..... but why is he/she still blue?

Upvote 0
Dark Blue for life!!!
I consider 'needing' to be dark purple as nothing more than bragging rights.

When you drop a 5000tk bombshell and still remain light or dark blue it makes everyone else in the room questioning..... but why is he/she still blue?
Yeah I've been asked many times, "sooo..... how are you still light blue?" I usually give them the :whistle gif to make them think I know some secrets they don't know.

Upvote 0

See I used to do this thinking I need to explain myself but I learned ages ago that I don't need to and don't care about what they think. As long as the model knows and understands, then that is what matters for me. i have had plenty be unsure and ask me and I have explained to them but otherwise, regular users, tipper or not, I honestly don't care what they say/think.

Upvote 0
See I used to do this thinking I need to explain myself but I learned ages ago that I don't need to and don't care about what they think. As long as the model knows and understands, then that is what matters for me. i have had plenty be unsure and ask me and I have explained to them but otherwise, regular users, tipper or not, I honestly don't care what they say/think.

How it should be. I tip the model for me, not for anyone else. It's why most times I tip hidden, or ninja/private so that others don't know how much. They might get an idea if they're paying attention to the countdown, or the model's toy is set to show. But, personally don't care and I tip how I do to the model.

Though, I get comments from models somewhat regularly "Oh, I didn't hear the tip. Something must be wrong..." as they go off trying to figure out what is broken. Those who know I tip silently still comment that they might miss the tip if I continue to do it silently. Although, one model I give shit to because even when I tipped with noise she somehow missed my tips and the whole room would be after her about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.