AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So sad to see you here again

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2021
Do you feel sad for models that just keep coming back with new accounts, when they are obviously not succeeding?

Tonight I noticed the return of a 'model' I like, but who I do not feel is a camgirl type. I think she had started just a few weeks before I first saw her in October last year and she went absent over the christmas period, re-emerging under another name a few weeks later. A few weeks later again, she stopped broadcasting and apart from changing her profile at some point, she didn't broadcast again over the last 4 months. I say all that under the assumption that she hasn't been on another site apart from CB, which was the only one I'd been browsing.

I'd gone private with her a few times in the first account and thought she was gaining confidence before she disappeared. Saying that, I noticed on several occasions that she looked stressed and was crying one night before leaving early. When she came back for her second account, she still had a clumsy, naivety about her that I quite liked, but made me feel uncomfortable about logging in to speak to her, so I created a second account to tip her and chat as if I hadn't seen her before. She wasn't getting much interest from paying users and I made a couple of suggestions, which she declined to take up. A few nights later, I logged in with the account she might recognise me from and she was visibly excited to see that I had "found her again!" I only did one private with her the second time around and it was a technical disaster, lol! When I returned the next night after that, she said she was relieved that I had returned and she wanted to make up for the previous session. I told her not to worry about it and asked to carry on singing to her spotify playlist, which she did and it was really sweet. I briefly checked her out the next night and after that she was gone again.

So, a new account and she is back, looking just as awkward and clumsy, but as sweet as ever. She's still not catching the eye's of many viewers on CB which makes me sad to see her try again.

Yes, I do. The degree of 'sadness' I feel for such examples though depends on the model's motivation for camming in the first place.
If he/she's trying to make a living from it, yes I would be more sad to see them trying again and again.
Even if he/she is not reliant on that income to pay the bills, but is more doing it for fun, exploring another side of their sexuality/personality etc, I would still feel sorry for them.
It hurts to watch someone struggle, but of course not as much as it hurts that someone.

Depends how much effort they putting in, I do feel sad for them if they are changing things up and putting in a lot of hours with each new tag attempt. I rarely take girls with new tags to privates its usually way more helpful to tip for some of the bigger action items on the tip menu.

the best thing to do is keep supporting those models who keep trying that you like. remember, this job has a high turnover rate. its been estimated that 80% of new models quit after 3 months. it's hard as fuck, takes skill, some tough skin, and a lot of luck. it also might take her a while to figure things out or she might never.

maybe in a pm with tip send direct her towards this forum. it might positively benefit her. i wouldn't point out any negatives or her failures. say something like, "hey happy to have you back. i found this cool cammodel support forum, i think you might be interested." remember to add a tip!

maybe in a pm with tip send direct her towards this forum. it might positively benefit her. i wouldn't point out any negatives or her failures. say something like, "hey happy to have you back. i found this cool cammodel support forum, i think you might be interested." remember to add a tip!
This. Definitely ^^^^^^.

i try to send new models tips in tip notes abd tell them to contact me in my ig and tbe ones that do are so grateful.fir the help but many think they have it all figured out and blow me off. they dont last long sadly. i have a u tube channel in development to help models getting to the real nitty gritty and i allready have some big names that i will be interviewing on their horrible stories camming. im hoping to change the industry just as this blogsite has! thabks Amber!!

Do you feel sad for models that just keep coming back with new accounts, when they are obviously not succeeding?

First of all, webcam modeling looks like one of the hardest jobs you can do. The competition is brutal, and there are no barriers to entry. Every day the New Models section of CB is populated with two pages of new young hopefuls, and the onslaught of new models seems endless.

You have to have skills, but just as important you have to have persistence. It might take you five months of practicing and asking everyone you know for advice, in order to develop the required skillset, but if you give up after two months you never get to that critical skill level.

Then do not forget there is an element of luck. Maybe your first four months you are carried by two whales, and that gives you the breathing room to create and experiment and develop some skills, so that when that whale money disappears you are ready to move to a new level on your own developed skills.

Many new models come in thinking that this is easy money, and they want good things to just happen on their own. For a rare few maybe that happens, but for the vast majority they need to work hard and they have to really want it and believe in themselves. Nothing really substitutes for that, and the models who lack those qualities will not endure. I used to "White Knight" these models, hoping to save them before they failed, but at some point I realized that was not a good investment of my time. The models who are destined to succeed usually find a way without you. The models who want everything for free and are lazy will fail no matter how much of your time you give them. Since I make no money from their success, I focus now on just enjoying them and let them be responsible for their own outcomes.

And - by the way - it is not always the case that the models who fail are obviously not a good fit for modeling. I am constantly amazed that I end up being one of only two or three paying viewers for a model who would easily be one of the sexiest women I have ever been with. Often these models have some very obvious critical performance flaws. For example, a Russian model playing Russian music when marketing to an audience of older Western males is a classic mismatch of product to market. If the model is spending all of her time texting on her phone, and not enough time interacting with users, that bad habit will never build her a loyal audience. You can get into a private with such a model and she comes alive and is beyond amazing. She could have the world knocking on her door constantly, but she just does not know how to put the pieces together. That's even sadder than the model who has none of the required skills.

By my own experience, about 70% of the new models I like are gone within three months. Probably 85% are gone within the first year. That's brutal, but it is part of the cycle of life and if you want to socialize with models online, you have to be at peace with this.

Reactions: anabeauty37
I looked at webcamming just like its showbiz. As in the majority of the girls who make the front page on cb deserve to be there, the problem is the majority of the girls who usually get stuck on the second page also deserve to be on the front page.

In fact on each page there is always at least 1 girl who based on looks, charisma, interaction and hard work could have easily made it to the front page but u also need luck.

I have seen a girl who was a 2nd page girl for a whole year end up front page with over 500k followers so u just have to keep up the hard work and hope.

But yeah, it can get depressing when u see a girl who is doing everything right but no one is tipping beside u and a couple of others.

Update: I decided not to make contact this time round, as the only change she made was something I didn't like and I didn't want to be negative towards her, or lie about the change. Anyway, at some point in the last couple of weeks she was banned; no idea what for but if she does appear again, I might ask her and offer a little support

I feel sad for every girl that need to do this and she hates it . I guess from here start the selection between girls who succeed and girls who are not . Even if both can make the perfect cam model, those who succeed like to do this job, find it fun and entertaining and they natural happy on cam .. manny others do it for incomens only , they hate doing this but they must to pay bills .

Last edited:
I was in that way in the begining 3-4 years ago because I had a work at that time, I had not too much time to broadcast. When I started to take serious this, I started thinking it was a great idea to change my name, so I do it and things went better little by little. I put and streaming schedule and did this 1-2 hours every 2 nights at week. I could barely did $50 USD per month at that time.

Last year was my only way to earn money because thanks to covid I lost my job, almost have the same schedule with more hours at night, I can't do this at day because I live with my family. Earnings are much better now. Not like a pro model, but I can pay the debs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Highlander884
I used to "White Knight" these models, hoping to save them before they failed, but at some point I realized that was not a good investment of my time. The models who are destined to succeed usually find a way without you. The models who want everything for free and are lazy will fail no matter how much of your time you give them. Since I make no money from their success, I focus now on just enjoying them and let them be responsible for their own outcomes.

So happy to hear you are healing

Status
Not open for further replies.