AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
Was anyone else not making much money on Chaturbate when they first joined but it improved?. I have been off this week due to personal issues but I do feel I am wasting my time and haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. I keep thinking it's because I am not doing privates and don't want to do nude in public chat but then I see some other girls that don't seem to be doing much but have over 100 in their room and getting tips left right and centre some over 100+. Its going to cost a lot to get HD, toys etc but there is not really anyway to find out in advance is there?. I find they ask for something but as soon as you bring it in they are not so bothered about that but want something else you don't offer. I really don't understand why some girls are popular and some not unless it because they are teens. I don't whether to change sites or have a break and try again. I am going to reduce my days from 4 to 2 though.

Whether you stick with CB or try a different site, getting a decent cam should be your #1 priority and you can get the C920 or C922 for ~$100.

You've mentioned many times how you feel age is a factor in success. It's really not. I'm in my 30s and I do just fine. Some days I don't make much, other days I make a lot. There used to be a model on here who was in her 60s and she banked. Point is, age means nothing.

Some people are popular because they've worked damn hard for it. Others got lucky. Some a mix of both. To tell yourself that you're too this or not enough of that and you can't succeed is setting yourself up to fail. Negativity has an impact on yourself and will bleed into how you present yourself to others. Look in the mirror before your stream. Tell yourself that you are beautiful. You are entertaining. You deserve tips. Then get online and be beautiful. Be entertaining. Deserve tips. Will you magically make money by positive affirmations? No, but it will make you feel better and will give you more positive vibes and with that positivity, your chances increase.

Upvote 0
Its going to cost a lot to get HD,
Broadcasting at HD is a lot cheaper than you would think. Chances are you all ready have everything you need to do it. Any recent phone with a decent camera can output a hd video which can be picked up in obs with something like IPWebcam or Iriun. If your pc isnt strong enough to encode hd, theres a good chance your phone is, download an RMTP app and have your phone do all the heavy lifting and then just use your pc to monitor the chat, I use this set up pretty often if I need something more mobile than a desktop or if I have video's encoding when I need to log in and it works pretty much flawlessly.

Upvote 0
Your camera doesn't mean anything. When I started many member told me that they opened my broadcast just because it was different from others, not the same good quality cams other girls have.
The main factor is to start working as much as you can. Then you will earn on a new camera and other stuff, but it is not really important.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Upvote 0
Your camera doesn't mean anything. When I started many member told me that they opened my broadcast just because it was different from others, not the same good quality cams other girls have.
The main factor is to start working as much as you can. Then you will earn on a new camera and other stuff, but it is not really important.
sometimes people begin with lower resolution broadcasts and bad lighting and they explode in popularity but that isnt the norm. Doesnt hurt to be as prepared as possible to improve your chances of success.

Upvote 0

If you're lucky, yes, your laptop cam is fine for when you first start and still have that new tag. I started with my shitty laptop cam. Had 7k viewers my second day. I got extremely lucky. My first investment was a real cam. I was fortunate enough to have a member who bought it for me because "it is important" (his words). It's terrible advice to say that feed quality doesn't matter just because you also were one of the lucky ones. When you watch a movie, would you prefer it to be in SD or HD? What camera are you using now? It really bothers me when people use their anecdotal extremely lucky experiences when giving advice to newbies.

Upvote 0
If you're lucky, yes, your laptop cam is fine for when you first start and still have that new tag. I started with my shitty laptop cam. Had 7k viewers my second day. I got extremely lucky. My first investment was a real cam. I was fortunate enough to have a member who bought it for me because "it is important" (his words). It's terrible advice to say that feed quality doesn't matter just because you also were one of the lucky ones. When you watch a movie, would you prefer it to be in SD or HD? What camera are you using now? It really bothers me when people use their anecdotal extremely lucky experiences when giving advice to newbies.
Of course camera is important, now I have canon eos r5 and it's just superb, quality, smoothness - everything is perfect. Maybe i got lucky too, but in my opinion the camera is not the main thing which decides your popularity, there are many more - your beauty, lighting, camera angle, etc... The most important is how much time you spend broadcasting when you have the new tag.

Upvote 0
besides a good cam, good lighting is important too. You can have a good cam, but poor light, cam will not do much.

I find they ask for something but as soon as you bring it in they are not so bothered about that but want something else you don't offer.
fuck what they ask, you do your thing, you do your show and what you like, that's what important. Like it or leave it.

I really don't understand why some girls are popular and some not unless it because they are teens.
don't compare yourself to teens if you are not. there's a whole other public for you too, people who don't like teens. We are not all pedophile like.

Succes is to them who persist, you'll be there eventually.

Upvote 0
It's difficult to take an unverified model, who is using opinion, and "many member" told them one time, as a credible source of solid info and correct advice. Members will say anything to butter you up and try to get you in the mood. They know playing to the ego and compliments will often work to those ends. Or reassuring you about things they think you might be insecure about, will work too. C'mon now.

They always say shit like "you're so special", 'you're the hottest/ sexiest/ wtf ever model on this site", "you're different from other cam models". It's just garbage pick-up crap and/or cyber pillow talk, that has no meaning, and that they say to everyone. I thought we all knew that?

Telling a new model that cam (or equipment for that matter) doesn't matter, smells suspiciously like garbage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was anyone else not making much money on Chaturbate when they first joined but it improved?. I have been off this week due to personal issues but I do feel I am wasting my time and haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. I keep thinking it's because I am not doing privates and don't want to do nude in public chat but then I see some other girls that don't seem to be doing much but have over 100 in their room and getting tips left right and centre some over 100+. Its going to cost a lot to get HD, toys etc but there is not really anyway to find out in advance is there?. I find they ask for something but as soon as you bring it in they are not so bothered about that but want something else you don't offer. I really don't understand why some girls are popular and some not unless it because they are teens. I don't whether to change sites or have a break and try again. I am going to reduce my days from 4 to 2 though.
Getting a loyal following is not about lighting, algorithms, or luck. It’s about being consistent, interactive, and as “real” as possible; real as yourself, or believable role play.

my first couple months were a learning curve especially since I didn’t do much research beforehand. I had 100-500 viewers.

Now I am usually the #1 cam when I am live and I’ve been able to do this for a few years.

so what changed? I got an inexpensive HD camera, learned how to use OBS (still learning) , and one ring light. I focused on my looks, cam background, and my interaction.

I would record my shows and look back at them seeing how I could have improved.

Just keep working on improving yourself and your shows, be fun and interactive. It’s not very expensive to get a good light you can find one on Amazon that can hold your webcam for less than $40. As for webcams, I used Logitech c90 for a while and recently switched to the stream cam and use a yeti microphone.

some days will be worse than others. Also, some of my best days ever started really slow, so keep your head up and work hard.

Also I recommend to not focus on those girls who “seem to not be doing much” because you don’t know the whole story there and focusing on others will only waste your time.

Upvote 0
It's difficult to take an unverified model, who is using opinion, and "many member" told them one time, as a credible source of solid info and correct advice. Members will say anything to butter you up and try to get you in the mood. They know playing to the ego and compliments will often work to those ends. Or reassuring you about things they think you might be insecure about, will work too. C'mon now.

They always say shit like "you're so special", 'you're the hottest/ sexiest/ wtf ever model on this site", "you're different from other cam models". It's just garbage pick-up crap and/or cyber pillow talk, that has no meaning, and that they say to everyone. I thought we all knew that?

Telling a new model that cam (or equipment for that matter) doesn't matter, smells suspiciously like garbage.
I have seen those remarks too. I guess it's just their chat up line 😄.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Of course camera is important, now I have canon eos r5 and it's just superb, quality, smoothness - everything is perfect. Maybe i got lucky too, but in my opinion the camera is not the main thing which decides your popularity, there are many more - your beauty, lighting, camera angle, etc... The most important is how much time you spend broadcasting when you have the new tag.

You did get lucky. Quality of one's stream is really really important and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know what they're talking about. Short term, sure, one can make some money being all "neighbor on shitty laptop cam" but it's not sustainable. Yes, when you have the new tag, streaming as much as possible is indeed extremely important, but OP no longer has said new tag so she needs advice for what to do now and a decent cam should be first priority.

@Sxmxr I agree with most of your post except for this

Getting a loyal following is not about lighting, algorithms, or luck. It’s about being consistent, interactive, and as “real” as possible; real as yourself, or believable role play.

This is just not true at all. There are plenty of models who are consistent, have lovely personalities, are entertaining af, but they still struggle and many of them just give up on a site altogether. Luck plays such a huge part and it bothers me when people don't recognize it. Perhaps people who don't believe in the aspect of luck are the type of people who feel that success is only determined by how hard one works. That worldview has been proven time and again to not be accurate. Yes, of course the things that you said are important, but luck is also an incredibly huge factor. Why do some people switch sites and do amazing on site B after failing on site A? Why do some people start completely over on site A and do better than they did before? Dismissing the luck factor can make people feel like shit. People who work damn hard, have the right vibe/look/whatever, perfect lighting, great feed quality, etc. yet can't seem to make it on a site and you wonder what's wrong with you. It's not you. It's luck. Yes, luck will only get you so far. But all the other factors will also get you only so far. Please don't dismiss any variables because they're all important and by dismissing them, you will make yourself and others feel bad.

It's probably not intentional, but it feels (to me) that shit advice is done intentionally to cause others to fail so there's less competition and I strongly dislike that. I'm probably just overprotective of newbies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's probably not intentional, but it feels (to me) that shit advice is done intentionally to cause others to fail so there's less competition and I strongly dislike that. I'm probably just overprotective of newbies.
Yes I get really suspicious about it too. I don’t like when members or other models do it. Especially if I can’t even see who they really are anywhere, it could be anyone.

Upvote 0
Yeah
I have seen those remarks too. I guess it's just their chat up line 😄.
I don’t mind it so much, but I definitely don’t take it literally.

Although to be honest the compliments that come in a form that put other models down annoy the fuck out of me. I don’t need people that are gonna put me up at the expense of others in my room. Because it’s a) crap and b) crass and disgusting.

I actually take those as an insult on my character, and find them offensive. What person is so pathetic they wanna hear themselves be put up at the expense of others? Just a pet peeve.

Upvote 0
You did get lucky. Quality of one's stream is really really important and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know what they're talking about. Short term, sure, one can make some money being all "neighbor on shitty laptop cam" but it's not sustainable. Yes, when you have the new tag, streaming as much as possible is indeed extremely important, but OP no longer has said new tag so she needs advice for what to do now and a decent cam should be first priority.

@Sxmxr I agree with most of your post except for this

This is just not true at all. There are plenty of models who are consistent, have lovely personalities, are entertaining af, but they still struggle and many of them just give up on a site altogether. Luck plays such a huge part and it bothers me when people don't recognize it. Perhaps people who don't believe in the aspect of luck are the type of people who feel that success is only determined by how hard one works. That worldview has been proven time and again to not be accurate. Yes, of course the things that you said are important, but luck is also an incredibly huge factor. Why do some people switch sites and do amazing on site B after failing on site A? Why do some people start completely over on site A and do better than they did before? Dismissing the luck factor can make people feel like shit. People who work damn hard, have the right vibe/look/whatever, perfect lighting, great feed quality, etc. yet can't seem to make it on a site and you wonder what's wrong with you. It's not you. It's luck. Yes, luck will only get you so far. But all the other factors will also get you only so far. Please don't dismiss any variables because they're all important and by dismissing them, you will make yourself and others feel bad.

I believe luck plays a major part in everything in life. A lady I know didn't do well on Chaturbate but she does really well on another site. I am probably just on the wrong site. I am more of a vanilla show person which to some degree but not all cases probably isn't Chaturbate. I will stick with it though as I do enjoy it and keep it just part time. I have decided to push my other work more and try to take that full time with this just has a bit of a top up and do 2 nights instead of 4. Then it's not so important money wise then if I don't make much money. I will try to pay the bills with the other job.
I have had some personal problems since last weeks which has bought my depression on so I have not felt up to it plus my back problem is playing me up but I am starting to miss it now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brit
Upvote 0
If you are worried about your age being a factor, try to find your angles/lighting/positions/makeup/clothing/etc that make you feel that you are gorgeous and can lessen the appearance of "wear" on your skin. First you will look younger if that is what you want, and second if you feel hot as hell it will transpire in your stream, and that alone will actually make you hot as hell. The hot thing about a really confident woman, who truly believe that she is the bomb, is that you feel super lucky whenever she gives you a little bit of attention. That can take you far. If you keep thinking "oh i'm not as young as other models" or things of the sort, users will pick up on the vibe. You have to make them believe that you're the best woman to spend their token on :)

Also, don't hate me, but I don't think thinking "oh it's because CB is wrong for me" is a good mentality for long-term success, because it gives an external locus of control instead of internal. While it may maybe play a role, there are models of every kind that do well on CB, and there are others things you could try to optimize before thinking about switching. like the setup of the shows (local, ambiance, quality, outfits, bio, schedule, etc), the shows themselves (how much you engage, are you actually showing nice enticing thumbnails, how is your tip menu setup, the goals, etc) and your social media presence. If it still doesn't work out then, at least when you start anew on another page your show will be as good as can be for the fresh start, and that will improve your odds of prolonged success when you'll be still new there!

Please note these are only my opinions based on my knowledge and experience, and not based on any solid data so please take everything with a grain of salt. 🙃

Upvote 0
If you are worried about your age being a factor, try to find your angles/lighting/positions/makeup/clothing/etc that make you feel that you are gorgeous and can lessen the appearance of "wear" on your skin. First you will look younger if that is what you want, and second if you feel hot as hell it will transpire in your stream, and that alone will actually make you hot as hell. The hot thing about a really confident woman, who truly believe that she is the bomb, is that you feel super lucky whenever she gives you a little bit of attention. That can take you far. If you keep thinking "oh i'm not as young as other models" or things of the sort, users will pick up on the vibe. You have to make them believe that you're the best woman to spend their token on :)

Also, don't hate me, but I don't think thinking "oh it's because CB is wrong for me" is a good mentality for long-term success, because it gives an external locus of control instead of internal. While it may maybe play a role, there are models of every kind that do well on CB, and there are others things you could try to optimize before thinking about switching. like the setup of the shows (local, ambiance, quality, outfits, bio, schedule, etc), the shows themselves (how much you engage, are you actually showing nice enticing thumbnails, how is your tip menu setup, the goals, etc) and your social media presence. If it still doesn't work out then, at least when you start anew on another page your show will be as good as can be for the fresh start, and that will improve your odds of prolonged success when you'll be still new there!

Please note these are only my opinions based on my knowledge and experience, and not based on any solid data so please take everything with a grain of salt. 🙃
I haven't got any social media set up yet I have tried setting up a Twitter account but it keeps cancelling my account for some reason. I am not very good with technology either so not good on making the bots look pretty.
I think once I move it will be better as I can use all the bedroom instead of a small part. I also have thin walls and nosey neighbours living downstairs so always a bit concerned about what they can hear.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.