AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The effect that music has on tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2021
UK
Hey, so I have a social experiment in mind that I was wondering if anyone has already tried or would be willing to try?

I studied psychology in college, but that was nearly 20 years ago and I work as a firefighter now, so this experiment is just out of interest to see if it helps models get more tips.

l’ve noticed rooms where the cam models play music often encourage people to stay longer. But has anyone found that certain music encourages people to tip more?

I think music that’s played directly through the speakers rather then played on a radio in the background sounds better and upbeat music creates a better atmosphere, but what about trying songs with subliminal messaging encouraging people to tip?
My suggestion is, the next time a model has a busy room that has lots of people with tokens, play playing the David Guetta song ‘Dirty Sexy Money’. And see if it has any effect at all on the amount of tips received.
I think it could have have an even better impact if the model sings/mimes along to some of the song too.

Obviously there’s others songs that could be trialed too, but let’s call this the control song.

I’m disappointed no one responded to this. I’ve wondered about whether slow sexy or upbeat music is better for encouraging tipping
We discuss a lot of these kinds of things in Models Only. I highly doubt many models want to get involved in doing a random experiment with a random dude out here, because he's "curious" 😆 😆

No, I wanna play a YouTube video loop of Beavis and Butthead laughing nonstop. :giggle:

Beavis And Butthead Cartoon GIF

Please share the results with us.
I want to know how many people go to your room and ask "wtf is this" and then compare it to those who walk in and recognize it lol

I was half kidding. Unfortunately, the Beavis and Butthead laughing video I was thinking of doesn't seem to be up on YouTube anymore. :confused: There's a 10-hour version of this one (See below), but it's nowhere near as funny as the other laughing one I had in mind. Their laugh in this one is kinda weak compared to that other one I wanted. Lol.

On a more serious note, I would be interesting in trying this out sometime and creating a 'sexier' vibe to potentially enhance the experience and tipping.

Not related to tipping necessarily, but I do have customers comment on the music I choose and some have said they stay longer based on that whether they tip or just want to listen.
I usually have my own playlists based on what I personally like to make myself more relatable and personal with the customer however, I also personally have a big interest in music and enjoy doing things like that.
I of course will stick to song selections that are more appropriate - i.e. I probably wouldn't play slower indie music or alternative rock that can come off as boring or too aggressive especially for older audiences.
Probably obvious but I also make sure it's background music vs having it very loud where it becomes a distraction and difficult for others to hear me. Sometimes certain lyrics can also cause a distraction or take away from a certain experience.

On CB where I stream music can definitely have an impact on things (in my room at least). It's not a simple isolated variable though. Say as a model you are trying to create a really sexy intimate vibe but someone requests a song like "ram ranch".. You can expect an exodus of viewers and it'll take some time to recover from that (or you don't and the stream ends up way less succesful than it could've been)
Now if you build your room in that moment up to be in a goovy/hype mood this could've been fine and might've actually helped..

It also depends on how established you are as a model/how large your viewerbase is what has an impact and what doesn't. Not just with music but with a lot of other factors as well.

Key is: what works for 1 will not work for someone else. It all depends on the model, what mood she's trying to set, what audience she has etc. etc.

Other key is: camsites are in no way an enough controlled environment to do psych experiments 😉 so it's a bit of a fruitless endeavor.

As a model thinking about the mood you're trying to set and what helps towards that and what doesn't can be very effective and lucrative though.

Reactions: mika_kedi and willx
Ahhh. My account isn’t old enough to be verified yet. I keep checking every day tho!!
Well I hope you come back with us :) it’s really cool, laid back, and helpful back there. A lot of models will happily share a lot more info back there, and Amber’s created an atmosphere really conducive to us having each others backs and supporting each other. It’s really nice, peaceful and supportive.

Well I hope you come back with us :) it’s really cool, laid back, and helpful back there. A lot of models will happily share a lot more info back there, and Amber’s created an atmosphere really conducive to us having each others backs and supporting each other. It’s really nice, peaceful and supportive.
I plan on it!! I’m very eager to join and see what other tips I can pick up. I’ve only been camming one month and am still sort of figuring out how i want it to work in my room.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.