AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is a model ban you feel bad about?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
As a viewer, if you have ever been banned by a model, are there any that you feel really bad about and cannot forget? Over the few years I have been on cam sites, I have easily visited more than 1000 models, and I have six bans. I am running a little under one percent on my ban rate. Almost all of those I do not feel bad about.

One was a girl who thought I had forgotten about her, so she banned me and then later unbanned me. Not sure that even counts as a real ban....

One ban was from a girl who felt betrayed by me because she found me in another model's room and set me up by pretending to be a viewer and sent me PMs about the model. That was totally unfair. I had no agreement with the model who banned me to be exclusive with her and she and I were not even very sexual with each other.

Two bans were from girls who were just borderline psychotic. They each lasted less than two weeks on the site, and the bans were just random numbers.

One ban was from a model who had scammed another model - who was a new broadcaster in her first two weeks - by convincing her to be her moderator, while sitting there fully naked on camera doing her own show. When I explained to the new model that her "moderator" was her competitor, the new model took mod privileges away and the scammer banned me from her room. That's a badge of honor, not a ban. :)

The one I feel really bad about was a model who I am 90% sure had some disabilities. I am very tuned in to a model's physical behavior when she communicates. If she is a foreign model, I listen to how she makes sounds and how she pronounces words, trying to infer things about her that might help me to communicate better with her. After a few days with the model in question, I realized that she is probably partly deaf. She also had some physical behaviors that were a bit autistic. Maybe she was just barely on the spectrum, but she had repetitive and ritualistic hand gestures that were quite out of the ordinary (and which were also extremely cute!). At first, I actually had no clue that she might be deaf, but the day she banned me I had asked her a series of questions about reading a few sentences for me. I asked this totally unaware that she might be unable to read without giving away her disability. By the end of the questions, it all came together for me that she was likely deaf and unable to form whole spoken sentences in any language, including her own, without clear verbal clues that she was unable to pronounce words clearly. I think she was incredibly stressed out by being asked to read anything, and it was just easier for her to ban me than to deal with it.

What makes me feel really bad about this is that I would have completely accepted her as she is. I actually found her gestures and behavior overall adorable. I would have enjoyed interacting with her, awkward imperfections just as they were. But I have no chance to tell her that now. Maybe if I had been with her longer she would have felt safer making such a disclosure. Maybe not. But I figured it out way too quickly for the shallow relationship that we had, and now I am banned.

Reactions: MarieElise
Only using StripChat, a ban can only be 30 days, or a 24 hour muting if done by a knight / moderator. So with that in mind, I have been banned once and muted once in almost 3 years.

The muting was totally unwarranted. I was in a room that I frequented and tipped in semi-regularly and had a fewe pleasant private shows with the lovely model, but I had no tokens and was no longer a "gold user" (as it was then, now it is "Ultimate" and I have enough spending history that I have that designation for free but back then it had to be purchased separately per month and once I realised that this payment went wholly to SC with no % to models, I stopped that payment) so I was showing as grey although I did have the "ex" signifier telling all that I had once had tokens. I was chatting in public chat with knights and other users, totally innocuously and was suddenly muted. I pm'd the model pointing this out and she just matter-of-factly said something like, "Oh yes, a knight must have done it because you are grey" (I might add that there were other grey users chatting). But she did not unmute me, so I left and never returned.

The 30 day banning I do feel more than a little sheepish about. I was actually being a bit of a dick. Although perhaps "being a smartarse" (Australia's national pastime ;) ) might be more accurate. I was in the room of a group of girls (Russian I suspect, but who knows and it is not relevant to the story really) . Well, it was not a room, this group broadcast regularly from outside, whether it was the yard of a house or some industrial property I do not know (it was not really a glamorous setting). There were hundreds, maybe a thousand users in the "room" but very few tippers as is often the case in those situations. The girls were all fully clothed (normal street clothes, not lingerie) and making what I guess were supposed to be sexy moves to entice tipping. One had a dildo in her hands that she was stroking and pulling faces a little like she was in a gurning competition. I made a silly wisecrack about why she was doing that, and was banned. In retrospect, I deserved it. Like all models she was doing her best and didn't deserve to have my idiocy directed at her.

On a vaguely parallel note, (but not really, it just popped into my head with this talk of banning)

I was once regularly PM'd by a model I did not know enticing me to her room, I always sent polite replies of refusal to such requests, again, everyone is only doing what they feel they need to to get ahead. BUT.. she must have had Australia geo-blocked!! I could not reply to her!! :haha: This went on for months, finally I gave up and blocked HER to keep her unsolicited PM's from filling my inbox. :p

This is streamate. One time I got banned from a models room because I warned her about having her dogs on on cam. I would see her get all the time with them hanging out. Streamate has a very strict no animals on cam rule. I know models who got hit with a suspension because their animals bolted on stream. I thought I would be nice and let her know.

She told me I don't know what I'm talking about because she's been at this for 7 years and I'm jealous. I fucking tipped her before warning her. 🙄

Anywho I mind my own business now. Not my fault if they can't read the rules. Fuck being nice.

To my knowledge, I’ve never been banned. I say “to my knowledge” because if a model banned me after I left the room and I never visited again, I’d probably never know it.

But I’ve occasionally said things in chat that I felt bad about. Usually jokes that didn’t land right or language misunderstandings.

I was researching different sites before becoming a cam model to decide which site would be best for me. I had set up member accounts on several sites to see what the interface and engagement was like for the viewer/member and would even do privates with some models to ask their honest opinion on the site.

One site that I found pretty complicated was livejasmin. I was in a random room that had maybe one other member in it. I was checking out the members features, the gifting feature was confusing as hell and I couldn’t seem to get the chat box to open or stay open. When I finally did, the model threatened to block me if I wasn’t tipping, but it was too late and I had been blocked. Completely understandable for the block, I felt bad because I wanted to tip her, but I ended up scratching LiveJasmin off my list of sites to cam on. If the member interface was that difficult, I couldn’t imagine was it was like as model. Sure enough, when I made a model profile on their site, it was awful. Deleted my profile the next day and never looked back on livejasmin.

Reactions: LolaLuv
i'd just entered a models room on cb who seemed to be doing pretty well so i just started throwing 25's to support the bigger tippers when the model pounced on me and accused me of being a cheapskate as she could see how many tokens i held and gave me an immediate ban! her loss i suppose in the long run and you can always setup another account if you want to visit the model again hehe

i'd just entered a models room on cb who seemed to be doing pretty well so i just started throwing 25's to support the bigger tippers when the model pounced on me and accused me of being a cheapskate as she could see how many tokens i held and gave me an immediate ban! her loss i suppose in the long run and you can always setup another account if you want to visit the model again hehe

She banned you for tipping? lol Strange.

Only ones for me was once by mistake and a few when I've left tabs up that I forgot that I had open.

Twice banned, 1st was by my favorite model, chat moved when she was going to ban a freeloader, so I don't really count it as one :haha:

2nd time was last night, I have a feeling this was also 'friendly fire', I had tipped this new model a couple of times when another model started poaching viewers, the most blatantly fishing I ever saw in the open chat, I tried bringing it to the attention of the model in a tipnote, next second I was banned. 🤷‍♂️

2nd time was last night, I have a feeling this was also 'friendly fire', I had tipped this new model a couple of times when another model started poaching viewers, the most blatantly fishing I ever saw in the open chat, I tried bringing it to the attention of the model in a tipnote, next second I was banned. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe she was a friend of the models.

I've been banned several times for repeating what other people have said when a model is blatantly ignoring tips, or deceiving visitors. I've since learned through this forum that it just part of the "hustle" so I don't bother anymore, not that I visit cam sites much now. Having said that, I have reported a model several times on one site for repeatedly using other models accounts, when she has already banned for cheating people. That's my hustle, lol!

The muting was totally unwarranted. I was in a room that I frequented and tipped in semi-regularly and had a fewe pleasant private shows with the lovely model, but I had no tokens and was no longer a "gold user" (as it was then, now it is "Ultimate" and I have enough spending history that I have that designation for free but back then it had to be purchased separately per month and once I realised that this payment went wholly to SC with no % to models, I stopped that payment) so I was showing as grey although I did have the "ex" signifier telling all that I had once had tokens. I was chatting in public chat with knights and other users, totally innocuously and was suddenly muted. I pm'd the model pointing this out and she just matter-of-factly said something like, "Oh yes, a knight must have done it because you are grey" (I might add that there were other grey users chatting). But she did not unmute me, so I left and never returned.

I guess I need to read up on Stripchat again, because I'm so confused about the different colors of members. I started broadcasting on there on September 1, so I have a couple more days of my 'new model' status. So up until then I've been keeping it on the default recommended option of allowing all registered users with an e-mail address to chat. So even if you've purchased tokens before, they downgrade you back to being a gray member when you're out of tokens?

I guess I need to read up on Stripchat again, because I'm so confused about the different colors of members. I started broadcasting on there on September 1, so I have a couple more days of my 'new model' status. So up until then I've been keeping it on the default recommended option of allowing all registered users with an e-mail address to chat. So even if you've purchased tokens before, they downgrade you back to being a gray member when you're out of tokens?

Don't feel bad. I've been there for years and I'm still not sure how their new system works.

I *think* that it depends on what level you are whether it "demotes" you to grey. Above a certain level (I believe I saw somewhere when they explained the changes) you now keep your status even with no tokens. Since I'm "ultimate" or whatever they call the top level. I think I'll stay that red color. I've never actually run out so I'm not sure. I'm down to just a few tokens there now. I'll dump all of them tomorrow and see what it does to me.

I am not 100% sure how it is now.

Last year, or early this year, they introduced the "Ultimate" member thing, previously it was "gold status" which had to he purchased monthly and everything changed.

Previously there was Grey (no tokens), Green (with at least 1 token) and Gold (Had purchased the extra gold membership). Unless you were Gold, if you had previously purchased tokens but had none at the present, your username had a superscript "ex" attached to it, so if you were grey but without that "ex" everyone knew that you had never bought tokens.

Now it is (I think) grey, silver, bronze, purple, gold, red (not sure) plus "Ultimate membership" can be purchased. The various levels now relate to how many tokens a user has purchased and tipped. (as a long time user who did spend a fair amount when I first found the site, I was awarded red level & lifetime honorary ultimate membership when the change happened.) Ultimate members can send (initiate) PM's to any model, masquerade as "lower level" users to hide their real status (never seen the need myself), and they are the only ones who can be made a knight.

I believe that any who are not "Ultimate" and "below" the red status will have the "ex" attached to their username when they have zero tokens.

This may all be slightly incorrect, my memory is not always accurate :)

In several years, I've been banned once on CB.
I was a regular for this Ukrainian studio model, she had a set routine of work days.
One night when she was not normally online, I got an email alert that she was online, so went in.
There was a complete stranger online, using the regular model's studio account.
Next time the usual model was online, I told her what happened, said I was concerned she could get banned as the girls looked very different.
She went nuts on me that I had been online on her non-working day, and banned me :)

I am not 100% sure how it is now.

Last year, or early this year, they introduced the "Ultimate" member thing, previously it was "gold status" which had to he purchased monthly and everything changed.

Previously there was Grey (no tokens), Green (with at least 1 token) and Gold (Had purchased the extra gold membership). Unless you were Gold, if you had previously purchased tokens but had none at the present, your username had a superscript "ex" attached to it, so if you were grey but without that "ex" everyone knew that you had never bought tokens.

Now it is (I think) grey, silver, bronze, purple, gold, red (not sure) plus "Ultimate membership" can be purchased. The various levels now relate to how many tokens a user has purchased and tipped. (as a long time user who did spend a fair amount when I first found the site, I was awarded red level & lifetime honorary ultimate membership when the change happened.) Ultimate members can send (initiate) PM's to any model, masquerade as "lower level" users to hide their real status (never seen the need myself), and they are the only ones who can be made a knight.

I believe that any who are not "Ultimate" and "below" the red status will have the "ex" attached to their username when they have zero tokens.

This may all be slightly incorrect, my memory is not always accurate :)
I believe it's mostly correct, except also purple level members (and maybe even one level lower? Not sure about this one) don't revert to grey with "ex-" in front of their names when they run out of tokens, but keep their color. As for masquerading for lower level ulitmate users can masquerade as any level except grey and they still never show as an "ex-..." even when running out of tokens while showing as a lower level.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Here's my story....

At different times of the day two cammers share the same studio. One does the early shift. The second does the later shift.

They seem to be on good working terms But they do talk about each other in their stream.

I was promoting the early-shift cammer and I am her mod. So, of course, I naturally go visit the other one - just to say hi etc.. Everything is Fine.

Then suddenly a notice... "You are banned from this room..." I was a bit wounded !!!

It's anyone's guess. But I think they probably just want both want to be 100% separate. And I kind of accept that.

I know what your first response in reply is going to be... "Well did you ask why..."

Answer: No

And the reason is that I dont think I will get a straight answer. The English is pretty nonexistent.
So no... I did not ask. Or raise it. Other than a bit of dented pride I feel it is not for me to concern myself. They have their own reasons.

As all of you know. It's easy enough to go in under a second name. Maybe even wait 30 days. But it's just a curiosity of life.

I was promoting the early-shift cammer and I am her mod. So, of course, I naturally go visit the other one - just to say hi etc.. Everything is Fine.

Then suddenly a notice... "You are banned from this room..." I was a bit wounded !!!
^^^ This is your answer. It’s pretty obvious. Just because they’re savvy with each other does not make it savvy for you to promote the other model.

You should’ve asked the PM shift model if it was okay to promote AM shift model.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I have been on the end of the bam hammer hundreds of times. Sometimes I just enter a room and I am banned.

Other times It will be because a model can’t take fair criticism. If you are going to sit in your phone for 5 minutes and then send me a pm saying “motivation” then I’m going to come back and tell you motivation works two ways. After a fierce back and forth I’m usually banned but I never feel too bad about that.

I do feel bad for the one time I was banned. A sweet girl who I talked to a lot. She was so kind, I never actually tipped her too much but everytime I entered she would pm me. One day out of nowhere she got angry because I wouldn’t answer her pm messages. I was on a phone call for work. She accused me of speaking to other girls, told me I should go and marry them and said she wished I got corona virus. She said I was a liar, a piece of crap and went on a tirade of messages. Must have been at least 30-40 when I got back. When I replied and told her I was on a work call she started getting angry and thumping her hand on the desk and shouting loudly telling everyone about me and how I apparently played her. There were about 100 other people in the room and I was embarrassed . She then banned me

I kind of think she had some form of nervous breakdown that day. Up until that point she was so kind and gentle. I went away previously for an hour or so and she was fine so not sure what happened that day

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Well I've been banned way more than I've been silenced (only 3 times and only one was them was for an actual reason)

The ban where I feel guilty for was a girl had left her studio and broadcasting indie but she told me that the studio had shut her account and owed her for the last few weeks.
Well there was another model for the studio that I followed and I told her what had happened to this model for when she consider quitting. Well the first model found out I had told her this and felt betrayed and gossiping but I honestly did it for concern for the other model. I now know there was more to the story as other models have quit with no problems but I still wish I kept quiet.

Another model that I regret was one I had only just followed and I cant quit remember how it came up but I mentioned that Chernobyl was the beginning of the end of the ussr. Well it really offended her and went into a rant about the heroes who died before she kicked me out. I think she misunderstood, I think she thought I was criticising the people who were involved in clearing it up when I was really criticising the politics that lead to it and the hiding of it.

The 2 models where the bans hurt:

1 is actually multiple times, basically it was arguments over her health, I knew something bad had happened in real world but she wouldnt discuss it (which is understandable) however she stopped being social to regulars and felt she was taking her anger out on us and I also felt she was doing too many hours (one week she did 80 hours) and again having ago at regulars during the quiet hours (even though she made more then most girls do on cb) so it hurt when she banned me, but again most regulars have been banned at some point and mostly shrugged in the bans since. But again I did feel she was burning herself out and making herself worse with doing so many hours (personally dont think any anyone should do more then 6 hours a day on cam if they can afford to).

The other ban that hurt was a lady I had been following for about 3 years I had gotten a vibe from her about a month about before the ban that she seemed to be fed up with me being in the room and during a bad broadcast I just made a comment about the room being quiet and too many rude people and she kicked me out, after my ban I did return and asked if it was ok to stay but she said only if I remain quiet so that to me meant she didnt want me there anymore so I left and never returned.

Other ban was me just entering a girls rooms and recognising her mod as being dodgy in other rooms and just sending her a tipnote warning her that he might be trouble in future.

Most random ban was I entered a room tip a token saying hi (always tip at least 1 token if I know I'm going to be in the room for longer than a minute) and next thing I know shes kicking me out. My only guess is she thought I was someone else, I am aware of other people with similar usernames as me.

Reactions: Smores
I was banned once during pvt because I asked the model to perform as we had previously negotiated before entering the pvt session. I don't feel bad, just shocked. Never went back.

I was also banned by another model for asking if her room was non-nude. Seemed like a simple question. Her account was eventually banned...

I was banned once during pvt because I asked the model to perform as we had previously negotiated before entering the pvt session. I don't feel bad, just shocked. Never went back.

I was also banned by another model for asking if her room was non-nude. Seemed like a simple question. Her account was eventually banned...
If a model banned you mid show, regardless of what was agreed upon, she likely did so because she was uncomfortable with your requests.

A lot of models, especially new models, will accept a show and then realize that the members request are not savvy to what they can do, against tos, or the model did not expect the request to be what you asked of (miscommunication and/or misinterpretation)

Asking if a model is non-nude is a harmless question but can be received negatively by some especially if you ask why are they non nude. I don’t think that is a ban worthy question if you asked if she is non nude though.

Last edited:
Maybe something in your screen name made her think you were a troll who'd already been in her room pestering her or something that night. Some bans are definitely mistakes. It's also possible that she could be used to that question leading to harassment or pushiness, and thus assumed that's where you were going to go with it too. Some nights are just tough, and mistakes can be made due to high volume of guests talking at once.

Never went back.

I think if you are banned you don't have the choice to go back, right?

If a model banned you mid show, regardless of what was agreed upon, she likely did so because she was uncomfortable with your requests.

A lot of models, especially new models, will accept a show and then realize that the members request are not savvy to what they can do, against tos, or the model did not expect the request to be what you asked of (miscommunication and/or misinterpretation)

Asking if a model is non-nude is a harmless question but can be received negatively by some especially if you ask why are they non nude. I don’t think that is a ban worthy question if you asked if she is non nude t

Maybe something in your screen name made her think you were a troll who'd already been in her room pestering her or something that night. Some bans are definitely mistakes. It's also possible that she could be used to that question leading to harassment or pushiness, and thus assumed that's where you were going to go with it too. Some nights are just tough, and mistakes can be made due to high volume of guests talking at once.

I try and negotiate everything up front, even to the point where if I feel I am being misunderstood I will give up. And to be honest my tastes can be kinda vanilla.

I try and negotiate everything up front, even to the point where if I feel I am being misunderstood I will give up.
You know now that is so smart. I've recently gone from favoring not discussing upfront, to having a strong favor for discussing upfront before the show starts. With new members anyway. It saves both parties so much time and avoids super awkward in-show moments. It's a smart way to navigate.

And to be honest my tastes can be kinda vanilla.

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's relaxing not to be oiled from head to foot, picking up pickles off the floor with your butt cheeks, while self-feeding yourself Cheetos with your toes (slight exaggeration there, but you know what I mean). It can be difficult with some fetishes to know if you are doing them well enough, which can lead to some in-show stress at times. Often the person jerking off isn't able to chat and give feedback at the same time, so it's kind of a guessing game at times. Vanilla shows do usually eliminate that issue.

I try and negotiate everything up front, even to the point where if I feel I am being misunderstood I will give up. And to be honest my tastes can be kinda vanilla.
From my point of view as a model, I appreciate when members take the time to tell me what they want before going into a show. From experience, I have ended a show or two because I thought I understood what the customer wanted, but when the show started, their expectations and my expectations of their requests were vastly different from what was initially agreed upon despite talking through it prior.

I'm not saying you did anything foul or wrong, I'm just saying that could be a possibility that the model agreed to something and then realized halfway through the show that she was not something she could follow through on. Or maybe something happened that caused her to abruptly end the show that had nothing to do with you.

Depends on the site IIRC, for some 'bans' have a time limit (example, on CB it's a month) but the broadcaster can go into the list of banned users and make it permanent for a particular username.
I think that's a good option, because it means that any permanent ban has to be deliberate, but that still wouldn't prevent any accidental permanent ban if the model confused usernames or felt really aggrieved (even if it was a miscommunication).
But from a user's point of view, I doubt many would go back after a month to see if the initial ban had been lifted. Much more likely to have moved on, or at least never want to return if they felt it was an unfair ban.

• Helpful!
I doubt many would go back after a month to see if the initial ban had been lifted.
I initially thought/ hoped that about bans too. You'd be surprised though.

Status
Not open for further replies.