AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model refuse tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2021
Firstly Hi,

I'm a new member and have literally just joined in an attempt to help a friend.

The model in question has recently banned a member with multiple accounts who was harassing her. However, since banning him she is now receiving large amounts of anonymous tips which she feels may be coming from this member.
My question is, is there anywhere in the settings she can turn off anonymous tips?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sadly there is not an option to not receive anonymous tips on most sites. Not sure what site she is on, but on streamate and MFC, it’s not an option. If she’s suspects it is this particular member, she can always reach out to support and ask.

she should accept the tips, report him to the site for harassment, and don't acknowledge his presence. even if there was a way to turn off anonymous tipping, wouldn't recommend it because one person is using it to be a nuisance.

plus it's 'anonymous' tipping. she should treat the tip as if it's coming from an anonymous member.

I am not aware of any site which allows you to turn off tipping.
Which site are you talking about? Has she reached out to model support about this?
It's MFC, it's only been happening last two days, she thought it may be a coincidence but it's happening as we speak

On which site? Years ago on MyFreeCams a member I had banned from my room was still able to send me tips of 1 token (They showed up in my MFC Mail 'offline tips'). This was back in the day when there was a ridiculous rumor that 1-token tips hurt your camscore. Lol. So I guess he thought he was trolling me and doing harm. Haha.

Looking at the MFC Models Wiki page now, it says that a muted MFC member can still tip, but a member put on ignore cannot tip.

she should accept the tips, report him to the site for harassment, and don't acknowledge his presence. even if there was a way to turn off anonymous tipping, wouldn't recommend it because one person is using it to be a nuisance.

plus it's 'anonymous' tipping. she should treat the tip as if it's coming from an anonymous member.
I fully understand NOT wanting to turn it off, but in 4 years on MFC she has never received anonymous tips before...

She doesn't acknowledge him as she obviously has no proof it's him, but it is making her uncomfortable and affecting her performance.

On which site? Years ago on MyFreeCams a member I had banned from my room was still able to send me tips of 1 token (They showed up in my MFC Mail 'offline tips'). This was back in the day when there was a ridiculous rumor that 1-token tips hurt your camscore. Lol. So I guess he thought he was trolling me and doing harm. Haha.

Looking at the MFC Models Wiki page now, it says that a muted MFC member can still tip, but a member put on ignore cannot tip.
Yes she has banned 2 of his known accounts but he has already said on several occasions he has more. This is what makes her believe it may be him.

It's MFC and she is going to have to contact support after she finishes tonight. I was looking to see if there was anything in her menu she could do whilst streaming tonight

but a member put on ignore cannot tip.
They can, but we won't see it except for in our token stats pages. We get no MFC mail for their offlines, and no notification in room if they tip there.

Ignore is powerful and should be used often! So @A_Member please tell your model friend to put all his accounts on ignore. She will have to log into the model web broadcaster, open her options, then ignores, and manually add his names there (she can find the names in her ban list). She'll still get the tokens but won't even realize it :). (that is of course only when he tips anonymous/at all from the accounts she knows the names of.)

They can, but we won't see it except for in our token stats pages. We get no MFC mail for their offlines, and no notification in room if they tip there.

Ignore is powerful and should be used often! So @A_Member please tell your model friend to put all his accounts on ignore. She will have to log into the model web broadcaster, open her options, then ignores, and manually add his names there (she can find the names in her ban list). She'll still get the tokens but won't even realize it :). (that is of course only when he tips anonymous/at all from the accounts she knows the names of.)

If a model has the member banned AND ignored, but he's really determined to troll/harass her via tip note, she would still the harassing tip note message(s) in her Token Stats page? Or no? I thought putting them on ban and ignore meant you'd never again have to see any kind of message from them at all (including tip note).

Ban.jpg

If a model has the member banned AND ignored, but he's really determined to troll/harass her via tip note, she would still the harassing tip note message(s) in her Token Stats page? Or no? I thought putting them on ban and ignore meant you'd never again have to see any kind of message from them at all (including tip note).

View attachment 90288
It strips the tip note out in token stats pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.