AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm lost. Boundaries setting and viewers number.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2021
I've started camming 3 days ago, I do it on CB. On the first day I had a total of 3 visits (not 3 viewers at a time, 3 viewers in total) and 30 tokens. I don't know how common this is, but I found it very discouraging. Second day I got 20 views, and 100tkns, tipped by only one guy. The rest were only talking and talking and tipping nothing. Even the purple names.

Then today I set all my prices lower, included new stuff in my tip menu, and got around 15 views, from which just 1 was an active tipper. First he wanted me to go to skype (which of course I didn't). Then he tipped me 30tkns for something, I did it, cool. Then he started tipping 1tkn and being like ShOw YoUR aSsHoLe ToO BaBE.

And the rest of the people in the chat was trying to get me to do stuff for free.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time telling apart who is a potential tipper and who is just going to cost me time and upset me. I always feel that if I start saying too many no's and kicking people out I'll have no viewers (which is probably true, since I've been having so few). So I tolerate it to see if something comes out of it.

I wanted some tips as to what can be done to prevent assholes from doing this (trying to convince me showing my asshole costs 1tkn). Should I kick them out? Or, if not, how can I tell them I'm not going to do what they are asking for?

And can I attach a little image of me in my set so you can tell me if there is something so enourmosly wrong with it which is preventing people from joining my show?

Thank you, people.

It's likely not anything to do with how you look at all, rather how your room is set up and what you're doing while you are on cam. I can't really give you too much detailed advice without actually seeing your stream but making sure you have good lighting and a nice, decluttered space will help your room look more inviting. I don't know how many models I've seen immediately blame their looks for the reason they're doing badly, but it's literally never the problem and that's just social conditioning telling you that it's the only thing that matters. It isn't, not even on a camsite. Established models on CB are also having a hard time with getting traffic and tips as well so it's not just you, and it's also a slow time of year so don't get discouraged. Just figure out what you think you can improve upon (don't lower your prices!) and continue to make tweaks until you feel like you're at a place where you feel happy with your stream.

Don't lower your prices, you'll only attract more of those freeloader types. If you did research into how other people price things and came up with a tip menu that about average, stick to your original one. Having a tip menu bot and an app to track goals or do a dice roll game will help you as well. For pricing a dice roll game you want to pick an amount that's somewhere in the middle of the value of all of the things on it. I charged 22 tokens for a dice roll and there were things like a moan, ahegao, and spankings on there as well as teases or a flash that are on my tip menu for over 100 tokens so they'll try to roll the dice over and over to win the expensive things. Have really expensive things on your tip menu as well for the whales when they show up, basically price points for everyone. Make sure if you have things like "dildo blowjob" or "rub my pussy" etc you have time limits on them listed.

Also if people are being demanding in your chat you should ask them politely once to tip for their request (if you do that thing, if not tell them you don't do it) then if they demand again silence or block them. If you run a tight ship and don't put up with nonsense then you'll get more respect from your viewers, because blocking freeloaders sets an example for the rest of the people in your room. Viewers who tip and are respectful won't stick around in a room full of dudes screaming "show ass bb" because they hate it as much as we do lol

Also if you're worried about losing viewers you can use an app like Dorothy's ultra fembot that has a /ninja command that lets you stealth mute annoying people so they will stay in your room and contribute to your view count but not know that you can't see their messages anymore.

Additionally, if a color name user is chatting and tipping and you don't have much other traffic, PM them and ask if they'd like to do a private show. Sometimes taking the initiative works out well.

It's likely not anything to do with how you look at all, rather how your room is set up and what you're doing while you are on cam. I can't really give you too much detailed advice without actually seeing your stream but making sure you have good lighting and a nice, decluttered space will help your room look more inviting. I don't know how many models I've seen immediately blame their looks for the reason they're doing badly, but it's literally never the problem and that's just social conditioning telling you that it's the only thing that matters. It isn't, not even on a camsite. Established models on CB are also having a hard time with getting traffic and tips as well so it's not just you, and it's also a slow time of year so don't get discouraged. Just figure out what you think you can improve upon (don't lower your prices!) and continue to make tweaks until you feel like you're at a place where you feel happy with your stream.

Don't lower your prices, you'll only attract more of those freeloader types. If you did research into how other people price things and came up with a tip menu that about average, stick to your original one. Having a tip menu bot and an app to track goals or do a dice roll game will help you as well. For pricing a dice roll game you want to pick an amount that's somewhere in the middle of the value of all of the things on it. I charged 22 tokens for a dice roll and there were things like a moan, ahegao, and spankings on there as well as teases or a flash that are on my tip menu for over 100 tokens so they'll try to roll the dice over and over to win the expensive things. Have really expensive things on your tip menu as well for the whales when they show up, basically price points for everyone. Make sure if you have things like "dildo blowjob" or "rub my pussy" etc you have time limits on them listed.

Also if people are being demanding in your chat you should ask them politely once to tip for their request (if you do that thing, if not tell them you don't do it) then if they demand again silence or block them. If you run a tight ship and don't put up with nonsense then you'll get more respect from your viewers, because blocking freeloaders sets an example for the rest of the people in your room. Viewers who tip and are respectful won't stick around in a room full of dudes screaming "show ass bb" because they hate it as much as we do lol

Also if you're worried about losing viewers you can use an app like Dorothy's ultra fembot that has a /ninja command that lets you stealth mute annoying people so they will stay in your room and contribute to your view count but not know that you can't see their messages anymore.

Additionally, if a color name user is chatting and tipping and you don't have much other traffic, PM them and ask if they'd like to do a private show. Sometimes taking the initiative works out well.
Thank you! These advices were really useful and comforting.
My set, though, is just my clean and made bed with some purple fairy lights on the back, so I don't think the clutter is the problem (talking about clutter, I literally just SCOOP it to outside of the camera frame lol). Here is the only screenshot I have of a live, it's me in front of the set, just in case someone has some lighting/set/positioning tip to give me. Maybe it really is just the low movement on the site, in the end
Anyways, thank you so much! :h: I really liked the community here on this forum. I'll review the prices, and from tomorrow on I'll start being more assertive with the viewers to create a good environment.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Anyways, I'm having a hard time telling apart who is a potential tipper

About maybe 5% of the colored names who will tip anything worthwhile. And I'm probably being a little generous.

and who is just going to cost me time and upset me.

The vast majority.

ETA: Actually I probably shouldn't say that. The vast majority will sit there and do nothing at all.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
About maybe 5% of the colored names who will tip anything worthwhile. And I'm probably being a little generous.

The vast majority.

ETA: Actually I probably shouldn't say that. The vast majority will sit there and do nothing at all.
Sounds exciting...

Here's what I recommend as a user.

1) in your tip menu have a low price for one option and call it "request song". You can be like what kind of music do you listen to? tip 5 gold and I'll play the song and tell you what i think. This one works with every model I've asked. I ask what kind of music they like, then I ask to tip for a song from the genre they like. it's a great icebreaker.
2) create a fake reddit and twitter account and advertise yourself. Its up to you, if you want to post pics depending on how discrete you want to be. this seems to work for a lot of models
3) give it time, be patient, and try to have a consistent schedule so regulars know when to find you. also, create an only fans account. have the subscription free, and post content but make sure the content isn't free, make sure it's paid.

Hope this helps!

1) in your tip menu have a low price for one option and call it "request song". You can be like what kind of music do you listen to? tip 5 gold and I'll play the song and tell you what i think. This one works with every model I've asked. I ask what kind of music they like, then I ask to tip for a song from the genre they like. it's a great icebreaker.

Chaturbate doesn't operate in Gold the way that Streamate does. If it was Streamate, I'd agree that 5 Gold is good to charge for a song request. On Chaturbate, I think 50 tokens for a song request sounds perfect. :) A "low" tip menu item I have on MFC is 10 tokens to show off my long tongue.

1) in your tip menu have a low price for one option and call it "request song".
Or "Blow a kiss" or just "Hello <model name>" or something along those lines. It's kinda confusing to come to a room and only find "expensive" naughty stuff on the tip menu. 499 tokens for "oil my boobs" is probably not what I want to start out with in a (for me) new room. Uuuh, most days, anyway.

Or "Blow a kiss" or just "Hello <model name>" or something along those lines. It's kinda confusing to come to a room and only find "expensive" naughty stuff on the tip menu. 499 tokens for "oil my boobs" is probably not what I want to start out with in a (for me) new room. Uuuh, most days, anyway.
I'd agree with this, as a viewer who isn't a secret millionaire, having a few cheaper options which allow you to get involved in some way makes it a lot easier to feel comfortable in a models room in my opinion. It can be frustrating to want to tip, but literally not being able to do it because the minimum option (That's in the menu at least) is hundreds. Sure, keep the expensive stuff, but keep the barrier for entry low enough so that people on a budget can participate in some way (Who knows, maybe they won't always be on a butget ;D)

Blow a kiss
Make a heart with your hands
Smile (Surprising how often I see people tip for this in various rooms)
Ahegao (A lot of people seem to love that one at the moment)

That kinda thing, like cheese said.

Play a song is real fun too for viewers but I imagine some people might kinda take the piss with it, like playing a 10 minute long death metal song or something. I guess just let people know you reserve the right to change the song (Or don't let them know, it's your room lol)

Also, not sure if this is just me, but keeping the cheap options as easily divisible numbers can be good. If I've got 525 tk and there's an option for something for 25tk, I might just tip the 25 just to get back to a nice cool 500. Perhaps there are other people as "particular" about that sort of thing as me.

As a member too, if you're new, it might take me a while to find you. I have my regulars that I see, and ill look for new models if my regulars are busy or offline. There are so many profiles that I might take a while for people to find you. Yeah you're going to get those assholes, but there are others out there who aren't like that but we are few and far between, and might not be looking for you right yet.

What I would say is that having a good camera and a good connection are very important. I cant tell if your screenshot was blurry or your camera is.

Finally, have fun. Its a huge turnoff if I go to a room and the model looks bored, or preoccupied. Stay engaged and not on your phone. If you can be dancing or laughing or just grooving to the music, then you'll draw people in. Each of the last few models I added to my friends list/bookmarks had rooms that were fun to be in, even if there was a handful of people in it.

I've started camming 3 days ago, I do it on CB. On the first day I had a total of 3 visits (not 3 viewers at a time, 3 viewers in total) and 30 tokens.
Was this with the 'new' tag on? This is very low numbers for someone with 'new' as that tag probably bring at least 100 scammer users on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.