AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do studios do this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got into camming as a viewer I honestly thought models pay the studios, not the other way round. Meaning the model has full control over all her earnings and pays the studio for the service. Maybe naive but that would much more correspond to my idea of professional cooperation. However Studios paying models and having control over any aspect of her profession leaves many loopholes for massive exploitation.
Another problem is the Studio owns the name and profile. So if the model becomes popular and wants to leave, she might have to start over from scratch. Not all Studio owners are assholes. Some just let the model leave. The Studio does offer some benefits. You have tech support, cleaning, a computer. There also could be issues at home like kids in the house or parents. In my opinion, it is best to get out of the Studio as quickly as possible.

Its difficult to really explain to people the massive lack of self-discipline that many people have going into this industry. The vast majority of registered models aren't broadcasting, you've never met them, you've never even seen them online.

Lets say you are a successful model at a studio that has your typical rules like for example limitations on phone usage and a schedule they are expected to work. One day ownership changes and some serious jerk comes in. You've had enough you're going to start your own studio and several studio model friends are going to come with you. You're not going to have these silly restrictions on phone usage, you are going to let models work when they want to work just like if they were independent, you know these models you are bringing with you, the studio even had the models competing with each other so their total tokens were posted on the bulletin board in the hallway so you know they are successful and will continue to be successful. I mean come on its so obvious they are going to be more successful with you, you're going to be paying a significantly better percentage than that studio that took half their pay. You rented out a big house with plenty of rooms and space and everyones going to be successful and happy and you've really helped everyone............right?

Wrong, its almost guaranteed that a decent percentage of them will not have the self discipline to continue to be successful. You'll watch some of your friends go broke. A lot of rooms in that big house you're renting are going to be empty, hell that last room in the back has cobwebs connecting the webcam to the monitor and that sucker is on a tripod 5 feet away. Keep in mind that again these were models that were successful in the previous studio so imagine how bad it is to hire random models that have never been in the industry.

Honestly the main benefit to a studio for many is that they will have a boss, I know it sounds awful but its true. Don't get the wrong idea i'm not pro studio or anything I don't tell people looking to enter the cam industry that they should sign up under a studio because they probably need a boss :giggle:. I used to be very anti studio a long time ago now I have a lot more knowledge about the situation and understand that they play an important role for many models and the industry.

That being said if you know someone that really wants to go independent and is confident they have the self discipline to do it I do offer OBS setup help and advice on buying minimal equipment specific to their needs, they can always DM me here or on the camgirlproblems discord. It really should be their idea though, you should not convince someone to go independent you're likely going to feel pretty bad if they go broke.

Its difficult to really explain to people the massive lack of self-discipline that many people have going into this industry. The vast majority of registered models aren't broadcasting, you've never met them, you've never even seen them online.

Lets say you are a successful model at a studio that has your typical rules like for example limitations on phone usage and a schedule they are expected to work. One day ownership changes and some serious jerk comes in. You've had enough you're going to start your own studio and several studio model friends are going to come with you. You're not going to have these silly restrictions on phone usage, you are going to let models work when they want to work just like if they were independent, you know these models you are bringing with you, the studio even had the models competing with each other so their total tokens were posted on the bulletin board in the hallway so you know they are successful and will continue to be successful. I mean come on its so obvious they are going to be more successful with you, you're going to be paying a significantly better percentage than that studio that took half their pay. You rented out a big house with plenty of rooms and space and everyones going to be successful and happy and you've really helped everyone............right?

Wrong, its almost guaranteed that a decent percentage of them will not have the self discipline to continue to be successful. You'll watch some of your friends go broke. A lot of rooms in that big house you're renting are going to be empty, hell that last room in the back has cobwebs connecting the webcam to the monitor and that sucker is on a tripod 5 feet away. Keep in mind that again these were models that were successful in the previous studio so imagine how bad it is to hire random models that have never been in the industry.

Honestly the main benefit to a studio for many is that they will have a boss, I know it sounds awful but its true. Don't get the wrong idea i'm not pro studio or anything I don't tell people looking to enter the cam industry that they should sign up under a studio because they probably need a boss :giggle:. I used to be very anti studio a long time ago now I have a lot more knowledge about the situation and understand that they play an important role for many models and the industry.

That being said if you know someone that really wants to go independent and is confident they have the self discipline to do it I do offer OBS setup help and advice on buying minimal equipment specific to their needs, they can always DM me here or on the camgirlproblems discord. It really should be their idea though, you should not convince someone to go independent you're likely going to feel pretty bad if they go broke.
You are 90% correct. If the Studio is going to be fair, it's not a bad arrangement. Taking half the money and keeping the model's name if she tries to leave is when they need to get out sooner than later. I know someone that needs help with OBS. I'll let you know if I can't figure it out.

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
You are 90% correct. If the Studio is going to be fair, it's not a bad arrangement. Taking half the money and keeping the model's name if she tries to leave is when they need to get out sooner than later.

The username belongs to the studio, if it didn't most studios simply wouldn't survive because the turn over rate is so high and it would be more difficult to enforce any rules if they could just take the account with them. Its rare for a studio to release a models account, it happens occasionally but for the most part they usually do some sort of work from home arrangement for a significantly better % for the model and the model simply tells everyone shes independent. I'm pretty sure Boleyn will release on request but thats more of a virtual studio rather than a physical one.

I know someone that needs help with OBS. I'll let you know if I can't figure it out.

Sure let me know, i'm almost always here :giggle:

I'll not comment the model studio relations as i do know it from both sides and the situation is not always like it i representetd to members. But i do have a word to say about this:

From all the consulting experience and communicating with many models, the reason of low earnings unfortunately mostly lays in self-esteem and not knowing own value and boundaries. Might soung tough, but those are exactly mental problems. It does not mean the therapist should make it even worse, but i see no reason for you to think of that, but your own subjective conclusions.
Answering to the question in the topic personally i have no idea why some studios do what they do, but it is definetly on a a model's side to monitor her own feelings and satisfaction level and change the place where she feels discomfort. So it was a good decision to change the studio.
P.S. Pinapple Support is a service of emotional support and pshychological therapy, if anyone is in need and do not trust individuals. Maybe will be useful for someone.
I would agree in principle, but hiring a therapist as some sort of "we're doing you a favor" premise is disingenuous at best when the model is being blamed for poor earnings when training in such basic things as translator usage is never provided. The model I spoke of in my OP and follow-up posts told me that the therapist spent more time training room monitors than it did providing feedback and relief to the actual models themselves. The therapist in her case was also involved with coaching room monitors and models on how to emotionally engage viewers in the art of the "love con"....for reasons you will see below...

I've since come to learn that Studios often are involved with the obtaining of Identification for many of the models, and more astonishingly, getting them setup with a bank account so they can get paid. The problem is that many studios encourage models to facilitate the "love con" and allow them to take communications with a viewer offsite(skype, whatsapp..etc) where a viewer is emotionally manipulated into sending the model a Western Union or Paypal transfer and the model is being made to give a large percentage of this to the studio as well. And if the model objects or has an issue with the percentage taken, all the studio has to do is report the model for receiving money offsite and get them banned and fire them if they object. Win-Win for the studio, right?

If you don't have much time, you can go to the studio, but when I was at the studio, a huge percentage of my income was taken away from me.

I would agree in principle, but hiring a therapist as some sort of "we're doing you a favor" premise is disingenuous at best when the model is being blamed for poor earnings when training in such basic things as translator usage is never provided. The model I spoke of in my OP and follow-up posts told me that the therapist spent more time training room monitors than it did providing feedback and relief to the actual models themselves. The therapist in her case was also involved with coaching room monitors and models on how to emotionally engage viewers in the art of the "love con"....for reasons you will see below...

I've since come to learn that Studios often are involved with the obtaining of Identification for many of the models, and more astonishingly, getting them setup with a bank account so they can get paid. The problem is that many studios encourage models to facilitate the "love con" and allow them to take communications with a viewer offsite(skype, whatsapp..etc) where a viewer is emotionally manipulated into sending the model a Western Union or Paypal transfer and the model is being made to give a large percentage of this to the studio as well. And if the model objects or has an issue with the percentage taken, all the studio has to do is report the model for receiving money offsite and get them banned and fire them if they object. Win-Win for the studio, right?
I will not tell for every country, only for Russia. And here this isn't a common practise as may give huge pain in ass with laws (and especially studios are not interested in models being banned). I do accept the fact that some studios may have those services provided, but they are provided tbrough sites (of, skyprivate), direct money transfers are done at risk and on the initiative of model who wants 100% of the amount (and violatrs studio rules). No model is obliged or forced to do it. If so that isn't typical studio. And for sure not good.

So you should know - there is no legal way to anonimously transfer money to a person in Russia, so there must be someones personality open. I think for all the years i am working i have met only 2 studios with their own accounts on some apps to recieve direct money for models.

Paypal is known for it adult nonfriendliness and it has a very low limit, so there are some contradictions in your words as you try yo represent it as overall practice. I'd say if all that is true and you really faced it (not heard someone said to someone) you were unlucky. About reasons of hiring therapist i'd stop arguing cause you don't know the situation, only model's side. It can be not even a therapist, but coach and then it explains the behaviour. Anyway everything is questionable. Just emotionally support you friend without falling deep into that.

I will not tell for every country, only for Russia. And here this isn't a common practise as may give huge pain in ass with laws (and especially studios are not interested in models being banned). I do accept the fact that some studios may have those services provided, but they are provided tbrough sites (of, skyprivate), direct money transfers are done at risk and on the initiative of model who wants 100% of the amount (and violatrs studio rules). No model is obliged or forced to do it. If so that isn't typical studio. And for sure not good.

So you should know - there is no legal way to anonimously transfer money to a person in Russia, so there must be someones personality open. I think for all the years i am working i have met only 2 studios with their own accounts on some apps to recieve direct money for models.

Paypal is known for it adult nonfriendliness and it has a very low limit, so there are some contradictions in your words as you try yo represent it as overall practice. I'd say if all that is true and you really faced it (not heard someone said to someone) you were unlucky. About reasons of hiring therapist i'd stop arguing cause you don't know the situation, only model's side. It can be not even a therapist, but coach and then it explains the behaviour. Anyway everything is questionable. Just emotionally support you friend without falling deep into that.
My apologies. I should have been more clear. The studios I am speaking of are located in a South American country.

It seems to be common practice there since ID's are reported to be easily faked. I know of several models who have been banned at least a dozen or more times and are still broadcasting to this day. As long as Cedulas are used, this problem will continue to exist and be taken advantage of by the unscrupulous studios located there.

As far as Paypal and WU are concerned, I'm only offering my insights on what I have personally experienced over the past ~12 years of visiting cam sites and model interactions from SA studios.

My OP dealt with the insidious level of control that many of these studios exhibit over their models where pricing and the types of sex acts they perform are concerned, and if you read some of the replies in this thread, you will see that models from other studios have said the same things have happened to them in regards to pricing and treatment.

If Professional Therapists are going to be put on the payroll of a studio, any counseling sessions, if indeed professional in nature, should be held at a location other than the studio itself. But that's not what was happening in the case I presented in my earlier post in this thread. The Therapist was presented and promoted to the models of this studio as a help line for emotional problems, but in reality, the Therapist was berating the girls for poor earnings and what they were refusing to do on camera. Not to mention using their Psychology degrees to "coach" monitors and models in the art of the "love con".

My apologies. I should have been more clear. The studios I am speaking of are located in a South American country.

It seems to be common practice there since ID's are reported to be easily faked. I know of several models who have been banned at least a dozen or more times and are still broadcasting to this day. As long as Cedulas are used, this problem will continue to exist and be taken advantage of by the unscrupulous studios located there.

As far as Paypal and WU are concerned, I'm only offering my insights on what I have personally experienced over the past ~12 years of visiting cam sites and model interactions from SA studios.

My OP dealt with the insidious level of control that many of these studios exhibit over their models where pricing and the types of sex acts they perform are concerned, and if you read some of the replies in this thread, you will see that models from other studios have said the same things have happened to them in regards to pricing and treatment.

If Professional Therapists are going to be put on the payroll of a studio, any counseling sessions, if indeed professional in nature, should be held at a location other than the studio itself. But that's not what was happening in the case I presented in my earlier post in this thread. The Therapist was presented and promoted to the models of this studio as a help line for emotional problems, but in reality, the Therapist was berating the girls for poor earnings and what they were refusing to do on camera. Not to mention using their Psychology degrees to "coach" monitors and models in the art of the "love con".
Well, i know almost nothing about South America, but good studios cooperating with LJ and some rumours, that i prefer to stay neutral about, do won't continue discussing it. Actually i'd recommend you to stay neutral too as still - you know only 1 side of this situation. Help the friend only, if you are asked for and find it possible, but do not interfer in relationships with others and do not take anyone's side (it isn't help, if you know something about psychology and victim-abuser connection).

I don't see how they can keep coming back the facial recognition system should flag them, that was a thing a few years ago but all the ones i heard about have been banned, maybe some filter tricks or something.

Some don't allow the model to do any changes not even a bot setting change probably because they are understaffed and don't want to deal with undoing anything.

love con training? professional therapist? 🤔 do you know what city this is in?

he started asking for tips by saying things such as "tip me 100 tokens bb and I will give you a real cum"
🤦‍♂️

This afternoon she had a photoshoot with her new studio and she met her new monitor, which is a female.

Well thats good that she got a new studio, do you know what the name of the old studio was?

Just throwing this out there. If a studio says you have low earnings because of mental problems in some way, shape, or form, even if it is possible, don't work for that studio anymore. There are plenty of studios to work for that won't accuse a model of having low earnings because of mental problems.

If anybody out there feels they may have a mental problem/s, there is nothing wrong with going to a therapist for help, whether it's through Pineapple support or elsewhere. If Pineapple doesn't work for you, then find another form of support that does. Don't put off getting help if you feel you need help in some way, shape, or form. You can check online with your state to see who's offering free counseling, or if you have a job outside of webcam modeling, check with your human resources department regarding free telephone therapy session/s, possibly by phone and/or via Skype and/or Zoom. Some people don't have friends, family, and/or acquaintances to talk to.

Agree with what you said about the love con, and advise just going the Skype route solo, so you the model collect all of your earnings. Don't shout on, whatever site you're on while broadcasting, your Skype address. Still work for the studios and earn as much as you can, and then go the Skype route with your loyal followers. This works for me, but this may/may not work for others, so if going that route doesn't work for you, then disregard what I just said.

Last but not least, I learned about this while researching if just doing shows on Skype was worth it or not. Skype frowns upon anything adult or say adult-entertainment related. Let's say, example here, Joe Schmoe paid for a private session with a model, and then all of sudden, Joe sees the charge on his Paypal account. All little Joey, pun intended, has to do, is contact Skype support and say, "I didn't authorize this transaction," and blam, the model just got fucked out of money, and gave away a free show. Also be careful with going the Skype route because a member could be using this option to try to get personal and/or financial info. out of the model. Be careful. As the saying goes, always safe, never sorry.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
It does not mean the therapist should make it even worse, but i see no reason for you to think of that, but your own subjective conclusions.

My comment was based on the condition that the information the OP provided was completely true, which respectfully, I clarified in the first sentence of the post you quoted. That’s where I was coming from.

Your scenario may also be true, and would be much different from the situation OP described. And would therefore change my subjective conclusions.

In case there was any confusion, I’m fully in favor of people getting genuine help when they need it.

Just throwing this out there. If a studio says you have low earnings because of mental problems in some way, shape, or form, even if it is possible, don't work for that studio anymore. There are plenty of studios to work for that won't accuse a model of having low earnings because of mental problems.

If anybody out there feels they may have a mental problem/s, there is nothing wrong with going to a therapist for help, whether it's through Pineapple support or elsewhere. If Pineapple doesn't work for you, then find another form of support that does. Don't put off getting help if you feel you need help in some way, shape, or form. You can check online with your state to see who's offering free counseling, or if you have a job outside of webcam modeling, check with your human resources department regarding free telephone therapy session/s, possibly by phone and/or via Skype and/or Zoom. Some people don't have friends, family, and/or acquaintances to talk to.

Agree with what you said about the love con, and advise just going the Skype route solo, so you the model collect all of your earnings. Don't shout on, whatever site you're on while broadcasting, your Skype address. Still work for the studios and earn as much as you can, and then go the Skype route with your loyal followers. This works for me, but this may/may not work for others, so if going that route doesn't work for you, then disregard what I just said.

Last but not least, I learned about this while researching if just doing shows on Skype was worth it or not. Skype frowns upon anything adult or say adult-entertainment related. Let's say, example here, Joe Schmoe paid for a private session with a model, and then all of sudden, Joe sees the charge on his Paypal account. All little Joey, pun intended, has to do, is contact Skype support and say, "I didn't authorize this transaction," and blam, the model just got fucked out of money, and gave away a free show. Also be careful with going the Skype route because a member could be using this option to try to get personal and/or financial info. out of the model. Be careful. As the saying goes, always safe, never sorry.
Skype shows is definitely the way to go you just gotta know what you're doing. It all depends on how attractive and marketable one is as an individual. Sure any Joe schmo can get on a cam site and talk dirty etc and people will always need someone to talk to but can any Joe schmo get followers to his Skype and run it successfully? That's a different story. There is ways of being bulletproof to being scammed you just gotta know what you're doing. The E-Commerce sec workers webcam world is still in it's early stages.

There's also zoom and cash app as well as various other programs that can accommodate a successful business transaction. Really all it comes down to is the marketing. Any time you do anything on a cam site the majority of the transaction doesn't go to you. If you believe in yourself then building a following outside a cam site doing the same exact same things isn't impossible. Depends on the individual and their appeal

Skype shows is definitely the way to go you just gotta know what you're doing. It all depends on how attractive and marketable one is as an individual. Sure any Joe schmo can get on a cam site and talk dirty etc and people will always need someone to talk to but can any Joe schmo get followers to his Skype and run it successfully? That's a different story. There is ways of being bulletproof to being scammed you just gotta know what you're doing. The E-Commerce sec workers webcam world is still in it's early stages.

Agree. Work on the sites to market yourself, follow all the rules on the site, and last, and certainly not least, work on Skype and/or Zoom so you make your money in the end to be successful, to avoid any studio taking their cut of your profits. As an independent contractor on tax forms, you want to make what you need to survive, and pay the taxes you owe to survive as well, to avoid any back taxes drama now and moving forward.

My comment was based on the condition that the information the OP provided was completely true, which respectfully, I clarified in the first sentence of the post you quoted. That’s where I was coming from.

Your scenario may also be true, and would be much different from the situation OP described. And would therefore change my subjective conclusions.

In case there was any confusion, I’m fully in favor of people getting genuine help when they need it.
Working on my psychology degree, up to a possible master's and/or a possible doctorate, whoever reads this response when it posts, I have seen too many times to count where therapist's just want to create a situation that guarantees him/her/transgender future income, instead of simply addressing mental problems. So all I was trying to do was warn people about con artists selling snake oil, because even in the psychology/psychiatry world, snake oil sales people unfortunately do exist.

Agree. Work on the sites to market yourself, follow all the rules on the site, and last, and certainly not least, work on Skype and/or Zoom so you make your money in the end to be successful, to avoid any studio taking their cut of your profits. As an independent contractor on tax forms, you want to make what you need to survive, and pay the taxes you owe to survive as well, to avoid any back taxes drama now and moving forward.
What I've learned is there is no need to get on any cam site to market yourself for that matter if you are true marketable type of model. There are many reasons I could go in depth as to why the sites are a terrible place to do business pertaining to webcam entertainment. Say if you end up earning streammate $75000 in one year. You will only end up receiving $26,250 due to the horrible 35% commission rate and what's even worse due to them filing you as an independent contractor you have to pay the self employment tax which is 15% with what's left and that's $3,937. So overall you would only profit about $22,000 which is horrible. Fast forward to doing things on your own online which is very possible which is what I advocate for most. If you make $75,000 whether it be on your own website or Skype or Cash app any of that and I file My taxes would only be a little over $11,000 and my overall profile would be near $64,000. This puts it into perspective how much money you lose when you do your shows on a cam site.

And counting only money you do not take into consideration time you spend before you start to earn really good amounts recieving experience and finding ur loyal audience, huge amount of time spent on self promotion and self marketing. Each "self" costs a lot. And for some people it is a critical thing.
Speaking about "horrible comission" you like bring to zero all the work that site does. Classical depreciation. And ofc you forget that it is busines, estableshed once to pay off in long term. Thats how any business works.
There are much more details rather than just money. For example my own comfort (in my case) - i pay for the outsourcing and having much more free time to live my life.
I say this not to advocate working on camsites - i think you can only share opinion once asked, not make active propaganda of your way - i say this to show another angle, which must be observed too as it exists.

What I've learned is there is no need to get on any cam site to market yourself for that matter if you are true marketable type of model. There are many reasons I could go in depth as to why the sites are a terrible place to do business pertaining to webcam entertainment. Say if you end up earning streammate $75000 in one year. You will only end up receiving $26,250 due to the horrible 35% commission rate and what's even worse due to them filing you as an independent contractor you have to pay the self employment tax which is 15% with what's left and that's $3,937. So overall you would only profit about $22,000 which is horrible. Fast forward to doing things on your own online which is very possible which is what I advocate for most. If you make $75,000 whether it be on your own website or Skype or Cash app any of that and I file My taxes would only be a little over $11,000 and my overall profile would be near $64,000. This puts it into perspective how much money you lose when you do your shows on a cam site.
Did this actually happen to you, or are these just examples? Very detailed response. Interesting. Thanks for responding.

Did this actually happen to you, or are these just examples? Very detailed response. Interesting. Thanks for responding.
Yeah that's how it is for anybody that would make that much on a cam site. The cam sites takes 70% and you gotta pay 15% Self-employment tax on what's left so it's definitely not a setup anyone is gonna thrive off of thats for sure. The more you make the more they take so for anyone that brings in a lot of revenue going independent is without a doubt the only way to. Just a few skype shows a week and it's more profit than a whole 2 week pay period on flirt or streammate and I was in the top 100 on Flirt4free all time credit earnings so it definitely gave me a heads up. The only ones ballin on the cam sites are the owners. You gotta go independent to truly evade being exploited and to get the profits you deserve.

Yeah that's how it is for anybody that would make that much on a cam site. The cam sites takes 70% and you gotta pay 15% Self-employment tax on what's left so it's definitely not a setup anyone is gonna thrive off of thats for sure. The more you make the more they take so for anyone that brings in a lot of revenue going independent is without a doubt the only way to. Just a few skype shows a week and it's more profit than a whole 2 week pay period on flirt or streammate and I was in the top 100 on Flirt4free all time credit earnings so it definitely gave me a heads up. The only ones ballin on the cam sites are the owners. You gotta go independent to truly evade being exploited and to get the profits you deserve.
50/50 with you on this. Are some studios doing this? Unfortunately, yes? Are all studio's doing this? No. Respectfully disagree. If just going the Skype route works best for you, Danny Rockmore has to do what's best for Danny Rockmore, and I'm happy to read/see that despite the inflation going on right now, you have found a way to survive, and from your response/s now and in the past, you are successful. The more you make, the more they take applies to every job you work. Just only pay your fair share you owe in taxes, no more, no less, and make enough to live comfortably and retire. Glad to read/see you're on the right track.

50/50 with you on this. Are some studios doing this? Unfortunately, yes? Are all studio's doing this? No. Respectfully disagree. If just going the Skype route works best for you, Danny Rockmore has to do what's best for Danny Rockmore, and I'm happy to read/see that despite the inflation going on right now, you have found a way to survive, and from your response/s now and in the past, you are successful. The more you make, the more they take applies to every job you work. Just only pay your fair share you owe in taxes, no more, no less, and make enough to live comfortably and retire. Glad to read/see you're on the right track.
Yeah really what it comes down to isn't the taxes but it's the revenue share. You get taxed twice by being on the cam sites. On the cam sites you instantly lose the lions share of the cash and the percentage stays the same as far as what you have to owe. So 15% on 100% of the money or 15% of 30% of the money. Only getting 30-35% of what you truly brought into the site is where the problem starts. The cam sites don't present an attractive business model and they are literally dominated by Romanian and Colombians.

Yeah really what it comes down to isn't the taxes but it's the revenue share. You get taxed twice by being on the cam sites. On the cam sites you instantly lose the lions share of the cash and the percentage stays the same as far as what you have to owe. So 15% on 100% of the money or 15% of 30% of the money. Only getting 30-35% of what you truly brought into the site is where the problem starts. The cam sites don't present an attractive business model and they are literally dominated by Romanian and Colombians.
Depends on the site, but regarding the revenue issues, and/or the taxes, you are right about some, not all, cam sites doing everything you just mentioned. Models just simply have to do their own homework on day #1 to avoid being scammed, and if a scam is visible, they need to call out the studio/s and/or recruiter/s so nobody else gets taken advantage of, which some models have done here on the ACF. I don't recommend reporting any of the cam companies to the BBB, because they will post your personal information/claim, or just avoid the BBB complaint altogether, unless there is a way you can file an anonymous BBB complaint. I only know that/this because I've filed more than one BBB complaint against a couple of businesses in the past, and almost took 2 businesses to court. The legal fees and the time in the end weren't worth it, but regarding the 2 business I did file BBB complaints against, shortly afterwards, those companies were permanently out of business.

Sadly not many people understand how studios work and also how they are affiliated with the sites. Doing some simple research can reap a lot of info. F4F has an array of different studios like Belami Models, Pandora Modeling, Pirror House and on and on. They typically only recruit professional looking models(nice body nice face etc) and they actually play a big role in the models success and certainly do take a cut of the money. Streammate on the other hand has only one studio called InternetModeling and literally anyone(fat,old, saggy etc) can be recruited by them and and it does absolutely nothing for the person except take 15% of every transaction on the site. They dont help with traffic or anything and there is literally hundreds of bad reviews from models who felt scammed by them and wish they never ever would of been tricked into that particular studio.

Sadly not many people understand how studios work and also how they are affiliated with the sites. Doing some simple research can reap a lot of info. F4F has an array of different studios like Belami Models, Pandora Modeling, Pirror House and on and on. They typically only recruit professional looking models(nice body nice face etc) and they actually play a big role in the models success and certainly do take a cut of the money. Streammate on the other hand has only one studio called InternetModeling and literally anyone(fat,old, saggy etc) can be recruited by them and and it does absolutely nothing for the person except take 15% of every transaction on the site. They dont help with traffic or anything and there is literally hundreds of bad reviews from models who felt scammed by them and wish they never ever would of been tricked into that particular studio.
Hope all is well. Keep in mind Danny Rockmore, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and anybody can be beautiful that you consider to be, well, as you put it, fat, old, saggy, or all of the above. It's all about the connection. Keep in mind this famous quote from Italian writer/poet Dante Alighieri : "In beauty there is ugliness." If you're pretty but an ugly person, like say Chrissy Teigen, having good looks goes right out the window. Anybody male/female/transgender can be a webcam model, but as you know, it's all about the marketing.

I've been successful with SM, and yes, I'm aware of the cut that they take. The other SM models who are successful today and/or were successful back in the day, most likely will disagree with you on everything you mentioned. SM has never shorted me on a paycheck, and in the past, and once a year moving forward, gave/will give me a SM employee form, which isn't just for tax purposes, but whenever I decide, to make a purchase/s, and need more than just the paystubs. I live comfortably, even though these days, I'm mostly doing webcam modeling with Skype shows, SM, and 2 other cam sites, on Saturdays and Sundays, but that's because I have built a following with all 3 cam sites I work on, not just SM, but also due to working offline, doing porn films, phone sex, and donating sperm as a surrogate father. My tax returns are interesting and complex, to say the least. LOL!!! Grateful then and to this day for the offline donations from the cam sites and Skype. Always nice to make money while just offline and/or sleeping, right?

Question for you. Did this revelation, you were losing money, occur to you after paycheck #1? Why didn't you realize you were losing money after seeing paycheck #1? All of those years you were on the webcam, and NOW you're complaining the sites take/took too much of your money? SMH.

Keep in mind, I too have read the BBB complaints about SM, but ask yourself this question? How many of those former models complaining were fined and/or banned? It's similar to people who complain about an apartment complex. Are their complaints legitimate, or did they do things they weren't supposed to, which ended up getting the former tenants fined and/or kicked out? Just an example.

Some people who do/did sex work feel bad about it later on, and some do what former porn stars Jenna Presley, Stephanie Swift, and the late Shelley Lubben do/did. Play/played the "now the industry is bad card." For some odd reason, people like this do their whining ONLY when they're no longer popular, and/or when the money is no longer coming in or runs out. While working, popular, and successful, no complaints? SMH. Are you one of those former "gay for pay" models that now feels guilty?

The only mild gripe I have with SM is that I can't call somebody directly. You can only communicate by email, but SM always gets back in touch with me within the 2-day window. Support has never not responded whenever I send an email about, whatever.

Whether we agree and/or disagree, I respect and value your opinion/s, whether it seems at times I may seem like I don't. Thank you for your response/s and thank you for your time. Have a good day/night, and be safe, whenever you read/see this message.

Reactions: Omne35
Hope all is well. Keep in mind Danny Rockmore, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and anybody can be beautiful that you consider to be, well, as you put it, fat, old, saggy, or all of the above. It's all about the connection. Keep in mind this famous quote from Italian writer/poet Dante Alighieri : "In beauty there is ugliness." If you're pretty but an ugly person, like say Chrissy Teigen, having good looks goes right out the window. Anybody male/female/transgender can be a webcam model, but as you know, it's all about the marketing.

I've been successful with SM, and yes, I'm aware of the cut that they take. The other SM models who are successful today and/or were successful back in the day, most likely will disagree with you on everything you mentioned. SM has never shorted me on a paycheck, and in the past, and once a year moving forward, gave/will give me a SM employee form, which isn't just for tax purposes, but whenever I decide, to make a purchase/s, and need more than just the paystubs. I live comfortably, even though these days, I'm mostly doing webcam modeling with Skype shows, SM, and 2 other cam sites, on Saturdays and Sundays, but that's because I have built a following with all 3 cam sites I work on, not just SM, but also due to working offline, doing porn films, phone sex, and donating sperm as a surrogate father. My tax returns are interesting and complex, to say the least. LOL!!! Grateful then and to this day for the offline donations from the cam sites and Skype. Always nice to make money while just offline and/or sleeping, right?

Question for you. Did this revelation, you were losing money, occur to you after paycheck #1? Why didn't you realize you were losing money after seeing paycheck #1? All of those years you were on the webcam, and NOW you're complaining the sites take/took too much of your money? SMH.

Keep in mind, I too have read the BBB complaints about SM, but ask yourself this question? How many of those former models complaining were fined and/or banned? It's similar to people who complain about an apartment complex. Are their complaints legitimate, or did they do things they weren't supposed to, which ended up getting the former tenants fined and/or kicked out? Just an example.

Some people who do/did sex work feel bad about it later on, and some do what former porn stars Jenna Presley, Stephanie Swift, and the late Shelley Lubben do/did. Play/played the "now the industry is bad card." For some odd reason, people like this do their whining ONLY when they're no longer popular, and/or when the money is no longer coming in or runs out. While working, popular, and successful, no complaints? SMH. Are you one of those former "gay for pay" models that now feels guilty?

The only mild gripe I have with SM is that I can't call somebody directly. You can only communicate by email, but SM always gets back in touch with me within the 2-day window. Support has never not responded whenever I send an email about, whatever.

Whether we agree and/or disagree, I respect and value your opinion/s, whether it seems at times I may seem like I don't. Thank you for your response/s and thank you for your time. Have a good day/night, and be safe, whenever you read/see this message. F

Attachments

• IMG_20220303_114141.jpg
    IMG_20220303_114141.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 17
Streammate is in shambles. One close look at the site and it's shameful. 99% of the profiles are from a Colombia(actual truth) and many of the so called models look very sloppy. If you are someone that is top notch streammate is gonna be the last place you market yourself online. I had many people literally tell me it made no sense I was on there. Even had fans tell me I deserved better. One look at the site overall and you can tell it's a mess. It's a terrible business models too in so many ways not many really think about it logically and practically in terms of marketing yourself online. The internet is vast I feel if one cant get a following outside a cam sites he/she isn't really interesting enough and or doesn't have that star quality. Like who is gonna hunt an average man down online and go check out his website? Lol nobody. But people will follow someone that has that pop and is of high quality etc. Had tons of fans complain to me day after day that they couldn't find what they wanted on the cam sites. One international fan once said to me "there's loads of dregs on this site". Dregs=worthless people

Hope all is well. A member/s may find one or both models attractive, whether you find these and/or any other models attractive or not. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Although I don't like the title of this vid, and I don't like reading/seeing the disrespect people show towards these male celebrities who have found true love with these women, unless anybody in this vid is divorced/separated, I'm just making a point.

I'm well aware that there is members that cam literally get off to anything. Some people just want someone to talk to or hear about their fantasy. My point is if you are sometime that is truly attractive and has star quality. Streammate is an absolutely horrible decision to broadcast from. Phone sex operators make money without people even seeing them. So if you are trying to do what I have done and the direction. Cam sites are useless. Flirtforfree is a better example of higher standard but it's infested with dozens of premier studios. Streammate only has one and it's all automated. Point remains if you're really trying to build a following online for sex work cam sites is an absolute dead end compared to other routes and setups. Most people don't understand or know how to market themselves without using a third party platform

Status
Not open for further replies.