AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Politely let the model know how that tweet made you feel. If the model doesn't understand or just doesn't care, then it's time to find another model.

No, @Makko , please don't do this. Sorry, Danny. I know you're only trying to be helpful. But telling the model that her tweet offended you is a bit much, imo. It's not like she said "Ugh! I've had nothing but freeloaders and cheapasses today!" Lol. Her tweet wasn't even referring to you. If she thanked you after you'd tipped her 500 tokens, then just know that she appreciates that you tipped her. But keep in her mind if those were the only tips she received during her cam time, then that's only $25 in her pocket, and she's allowed to feel frustrated by that. She's not blaming you or mad at you, and it's not a diss towards you.

But yeah, I'd probably refrain from venting on Twitter about the slow day, and save that kind of venting for the Models Only section of the forum (with fellow models who truly get it)...or even the 'Things Members Say That Make You Go WTF" thread if I happen to have a weird story to tell to go along with a "Slow day" comment.

Fair enough and I agree with your post about freeloaders etc. etc., but taking to Twitter to complain about poor sales or slow business is bad form no matter what type of business you run. Freeloaders aside, the customers who actually spent money will think the model is secretly complaining that they spent too little, and the prospective customers or yet-to-return customers will just shrug and wonder when the model's lack of revenue became their problem. If you want to be a business, be a business.

On a side note; the above is exactly why I don't go to cam sites at all when I can't spend or don't want to spend. It's not my problem if my goto models have slow days while I'm absent.
Cam models aren't just businesses they're a personal brand.. and while in general I agree complaining isn't great, I do want to mention that it is a proven tactic for short term cash flow. I know if I posted "man it's been such a slow day :( I'm sad" on Twitter right now I'd have 3 or 4 sweet regs see that and reach out w a lil extra help.

Done repeatedly, it runs through customers fairly quickly... if you're always complaining on socials etc. But it absolutely does work to get $$$ whatever your thoughts are.

Cam models aren't just businesses they're a personal brand.. and while in general I agree complaining isn't great, I do want to mention that it is a proven tactic for short term cash flow. I know if I posted "man it's been such a slow day :( I'm sad" on Twitter right now I'd have 3 or 4 sweet regs see that and reach out w a lil extra help.

Done repeatedly, it runs through customers fairly quickly... if you're always complaining on socials etc. But it absolutely does work to get $$$ whatever your thoughts are.
Being another long-time cam girl as Lacey is, I can confirm that it does not actually hurt much in the long run so long as it isn't said too frequently. Models like us who have a pretty sturdy community of regulars benefit from speaking freely like that once in a while.

No, @Makko , please don't do this. Sorry, Danny. I know you're only trying to be helpful. But telling the model that her tweet offended you is a bit much, imo. It's not like she said "Ugh! I've had nothing but freeloaders and cheapasses today!" Lol. Her tweet wasn't even referring to you. If she thanked you after you'd tipped her 500 tokens, then just know that she appreciates that you tipped her. But keep in her mind if those were the only tips she received during her cam time, then that's only $25 in her pocket, and she's allowed to feel frustrated by that. She's not blaming you or mad at you, and it's not a diss towards you.

But yeah, I'd probably refrain from venting on Twitter about the slow day, and save that kind of venting for the Models Only section of the forum (with fellow models who truly get it)...or even the 'Things Members Say That Make You Go WTF" thread if I happen to have a weird story to tell to go along with a "Slow day" comment.
Hope all is well yummybrownfox. I like what you said and you're right. If he doesn't do what I recommended, that's fine too. Just telling him what I'd do in his situation, but I'm not him, and if it doesn't help him and your advice is better for him, I hope he takes your advice instead.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Being another long-time cam girl as Lacey is, I can confirm that it does not actually hurt much in the long run so long as it isn't said too frequently. Models like us who have a pretty sturdy community of regulars benefit from speaking freely like that once in a while.
And long-term members get to help out a person that they like and have known for years which feels good for them. Going into your and Lacey's rooms is like walking into the bar in Cheers so you have a bunch of really good people who would want to help out. 🙂

:h::h::h::h::h::h:
Let’s Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Love in the Air, More Traffic, Extra Exposure and Increased Earnings!

:h:
What we expect from you is a themed outfit and decorated room to deliver an astounding Valentine’s Day show.
Hearts, rose petals, candles… you know the drill - sexy attire, romantic environment!

Apply now choosing “Valentine’s Day” in your Stream Specifics and upload your sample video.
Be an early bird and apply the soonest so that your stream is one of the first to appear live on February 11.
And don’t forget to select “Valentine’s Day” in your Stream Specifics before you start your stream.

Our Valentine’s Day category will be live from February 11 at 23.59 UTC until February 15 at 00.01 UTC.
For more information, you can always visit our Wiki page or contact Support.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 4.14.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 4.14.38 PM.png
    799.4 KB · Views: 0
Let’s Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Love in the Air, More Traffic, Extra Exposure and Increased Earnings!

What we expect from you is a themed outfit and decorated room to deliver an astounding Valentine’s Day show.
Hearts, rose petals, candles… you know the drill - sexy attire, romantic environment!

Apply now choosing “Valentine’s Day” in your Stream Specifics and upload your sample video.
Be an early bird and apply the soonest so that your stream is one of the first to appear live on February 11.
And don’t forget to select “Valentine’s Day” in your Stream Specifics before you start your stream.

Our Valentine’s Day category will be live from February 11 at 23.59 UTC until February 15 at 00.01 UTC.
For more information, you can always visit our Wiki page or contact Support.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Lol maybe wrong thread

Reactions: mika_kedi
I'm thinking this can't hurt when quite a few SC models still have variations of "Christmas present for me" as room goal :oops::p

In my neighbourhood (I am in a cul de sac), I have a few houses with Christmas decorations outside still. And no, not lots all around the house and they are difficult to take down. Kind of funny walking round the corner and not remembering they are there at night, then suddenly seeing them lol.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
In my neighbourhood (I am in a cul de sac), I have a few houses with Christmas decorations outside still. And no, not lots all around the house and they are difficult to take down. Kind of funny walking round the corner and not remembering they are there at night, then suddenly seeing them lol.
Haha, same here! Long, sleepy street with detached houses. I always think of it as the Laziness Singularity. They'll eventually get a Round Tuit like they always do, or at least remember to switch off the 10,000 LED lights in their front lawn bush.

Speaking of neighbours; my (little bit nosy) elderly neighbour widow inquired about "your female company the other night", to which I probably reacted with the world's most confused look since I couldn't remember having one. It's a very quiet neighbourhood and my windows are prone to being open in the summer, and I'm pretty sure I had the volume a tiny teeny bit too loud when visiting my favourite StripChat moaner. ASMR on rocket fueled steroids!

I probably mumbled something back, but she's never asked after that lol.

Cant remember if I've mentioned it before but it's when so many of the girls u follow suddenly broadcast at the exact same time unannounced! U wait days with none of them popping online and then 6 of the 9 turn up all within 1 hour! Always random never with a schedule!
I can only visit 2 at the same time. 😅

lie and say she can do something she cannot

You've got me curious?

If it's a complaint about a model wanting to, say, squirt for you, but she wasn't able to in that moment, then you need to give her a break. Lol.

You've got me curious?

If it's a complaint about a model wanting to, say, squirt for you, but she wasn't able to in that moment, then you need to give her a break. Lol.
Deepthroat actually, does my head in,

1). Not only because it's a major buzzkill for me personally having been lied to.
2). On Chaturbate you've got minimum 10mins for a private usually, so let's say for example if the model is at 60 tokens per minute in private, there are already 600 tokens being pissed away to someone who's now lost her shine for having BS'd me.
3). But on top of that, there's been multiple occasions that I'll be requested to pay extra for it b4 even seeing that she can. (which is perfectly fine with me providing she's not saying that she can when in fact she knows she can't).
4). Upon realising that they in fact can't I try to be as nice as possible about giving them the heads up that they're not living up to their half of what agreement we had (what I'd tipped extra for), sometimes we'll figure something else out, but more often than not as I said their shine is gone, I'm not out to hurt their feelings so I'll exit as gracefully as possible, don't give them thumbs down, despite having felt duped and feel that I'm not interested in spending my time or my money on a liar.
5). For some reason I'll feel bad when it gets to the point where I'm having to let them know that they can stop and that I think it's best if we are to end the private show. Half the reason I feel bad is that I've just witnessed them shoot themselves in the foot, as I'll never want to private with them again and normally I bring minimum 7k tokens with me to a private which we'll burn through in 45mins to an hour, n if we don't and I'll generally be happy to dump the balance as a parting gift. fk I've had a private that lasted 2 hours where I've dropped 28k tokens on a girl n that private was set to 18 tokens per minute... so yer in my opinion for lying they're that dumb that I feel the need from then on to avoid them like the plague.

Deepthroat actually, does my head in,

1). Not only because it's a major buzzkill for me personally having been lied to.
2). On Chaturbate you've got minimum 10mins for a private usually, so let's say for example if the model is at 60 tokens per minute in private, there are already 600 tokens being pissed away to someone who's now lost her shine for having BS'd me.
3). But on top of that, there's been multiple occasions that I'll be requested to pay extra for it b4 even seeing that she can. (which is perfectly fine with me providing she's not saying that she can when in fact she knows she can't).
4). Upon realising that they in fact can't I try to be as nice as possible about giving them the heads up that they're not living up to their half of what agreement we had (what I'd tipped extra for), sometimes we'll figure something else out, but more often than not as I said their shine is gone, I'm not out to hurt their feelings so I'll exit as gracefully as possible, don't give them thumbs down, despite having felt duped and feel that I'm not interested in spending my time or my money on a liar.
5). For some reason I'll feel bad when it gets to the point where I'm having to let them know that they can stop and that I think it's best if we are to end the private show. Half the reason I feel bad is that I've just witnessed them shoot themselves in the foot, as I'll never want to private with them again and normally I bring minimum 7k tokens with me to a private which we'll burn through in 45mins to an hour, n if we don't and I'll generally be happy to dump the balance as a parting gift. fk I've had a private that lasted 2 hours where I've dropped 28k tokens on a girl n that private was set to 18 tokens per minute... so yer in my opinion for lying they're that dumb that I feel the need from then on to avoid them like the plague.

and that's why you should always tip for deepthroat tease before taking someone for private. lol

There is a model on both CB and SC - probably one or more other sites too - and he is incredibly hot but he has the annoying habit of just getting up while in the middle of doing something hot and walking away for a few minutes or longer without saying anything. Once he was gone for 30 minutes without even putting up his BRB notice which was odd because he uses that when he does take his break.

I can always tell how many monitors and cameras a model has and can also tell if the model is looking at someone in the room. Sometimes he will have someone in the room because his eyeline will move along with the person. He also will try to be subtle and shush the person after there is an audible voice in the background. Sometimes that person is on a separate cam/screen, but a couple of times it was someone in the room. I wouldn't mind this but he clearly is performing for the person in the room (or on the private cam/screen with a particular individual even though we viewers are tipping him. Another annoying thing he does - sometimes while he is looking at one of his several monitors, he will give a smile towards one, then stand up in front of the CB camera so his whole head is cut off and doesn't do anything because he is mouthing stuff to another camera. His body is angled towards where he first smiled. If one were to not know all of these secret convos he's having, his wandering away or ignoring tippers, and go in to his room for the first time, they would be surprised to see that he rarely has more than 50 viewers at a time. If he were to always, or at least a majority of the time, give full attention to the camera from which the tipper is viewing for the minute or two that he is honoring the tip, he would have a lot of viewers. I keep going back in hopes that what I am tipping for (off the menu) will give me just that, and not watch him rush it and look back and forth between the CB cam and whoever else he is doing a Cam2cam with. I saw him on SC too and when he kept standing up so his head was cut off and didn't really move, I would look at SC and although it was a different camera, you still couldn't see his face. I'm pretty sure I know which viewer it is because he talks down to him sometimes (in the public chat) as if he is his a-hole boyfriend. One time this viewer was reprimanding him because he didn't reply to something he said in chat. Maybe it's his sugar daddy. If it is, fine, but when this viewer acts like his angry boyfriend, it's uncomfortable. And if this viewer is the one pulling his attention away from the general viewers, well..

Yeah, I know that I should just not go to his room, but he is one of my three favorites. Ugh.

Me: Tipping for PM because model looks great and I wanted to get to know her a little. I also tipped like 50 tkns before that.
Model: Hi, How are you?
Me: I'm OK thanks, how are you? You look great!
Model: Thanks I'm good.
Me: Since when are you a model?
Model: Half a year now.
Me: And how do you like it?
Model: I hate it!
break
Me: Really? Why?
model doesn't respond, so I thought that was it, wanted to leave but then:
Model: I will undress for tokens, I need the money!
me leaving and unfollowing

ok, well, I'm kind of sorry for her but unless she was working for a super shady studio enslaving her, half a year should be enough to find something else to do with her life. Expecting me to tip her after telling me she hates her job is kind of optimistic. As a member I'm here to have fun, and the best way to have fun is to be with people who have fun IMO. Though I realize that some shifts can be shitty and every single job has aspects that are not fun or even annoying. She was honest I give her that. But come on, I was ready to give her 1000 tkns but only in a positive environment.

edit: Someone undressing for me who hates it is actually the thing I want the least

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CheeseMoon
half a year should be enough to find something else to do with her life.
Might not be that simple for everyone, but there sure are enough models with that whole "just shoot me already" thing going on. I clik the "Ignore this model" button and move on. Life is just too short to force entertainment out of entertainers. Someone called them "corona babies" here, and I sometimes wonder what the hell they were promised when signing up.

Cookie cutter single sentence bio description, very short, generic or empty tip menus, no pictures, broken links*, disinterested on cam, no chatting, no smiling and little or no interaction. It's like the antithesis of entertaining and good times 🤷‍♂️

We have some of them in my profession too. Me and some of my old fart-ish colleagues call them (partly lost in translation) lost cobblers; cut out for something else, but clinging to something else they think of as prestigious. Also-rans. Middle of the bell curve. Low effort. Professionally pointless.

*) One model's IG link actually points to a cookbook author's Instagram, and it's definitely not her. I pointed this out to her in a PM, but I'm just assuming she can't be arsed to change it after not even checking it herself.

(Sorry for the rant ...)

Me: Tipping for PM because model looks great and I wanted to get to know her a little. I also tipped like 50 tkns before that.
Model: Hi, How are you?
Me: I'm OK thanks, how are you? You look great!
Model: Thanks I'm good.
Me: Since when are you a model?
Model: Half a year now.
Me: And how do you like it?
Model: I hate it!
break
Me: Really? Why?
model doesn't respond, so I thought that was it, wanted to leave but then:
Model: I will undress for tokens, I need the money!
me leaving and unfollowing

ok, well, I'm kind of sorry for her but unless she was working for a super shady studio enslaving her, half a year should be enough to find something else to do with her life. Expecting me to tip her after telling me she hates her job is kind of optimistic. As a member I'm here to have fun, and the best way to have fun is to be with people who have fun IMO. Though I realize that some shifts can be shitty and every single job has aspects that are not fun or even annoying. She was honest I give her that. But come on, I was ready to give her 1000 tkns but only in a positive environment.

edit: Someone undressing for me who hates it is actually the thing I want the least
Kind of sad actually. Obviously there's a backstory as to why she's there. Could be an abusive SO, sick kid etc..
Depending on where she is there may not be a lot of choices to earn as much. Hopefully she works it out.

Most annoying thing? Sit in another model's room, and try to steal their viewers.
Last night, I was enjoying the room of a new-to-me model. To stay under the radar a little and get the feel of the room, I initially kept my username color to dark blue.
But as soon as I tipped, I had no fewer than 8 separate pms from other models in the room, sending me links to their rooms, their snap and Insta IDs and so on.
I usually hang out in just a couple of rooms (really one main room as moderator) so I don't see any of that 'poaching' activity.
Wow, it was so intrusive and annoying.
I ignored and deleted all the pms, but afterwards wondered if I should have let the model know about this behaviour?

Most annoying thing? Sit in another model's room, and try to steal their viewers.
Last night, I was enjoying the room of a new-to-me model. To stay under the radar a little and get the feel of the room, I initially kept my username color to dark blue.
But as soon as I tipped, I had no fewer than 8 separate pms from other models in the room, sending me links to their rooms, their snap and Insta IDs and so on.
I usually hang out in just a couple of rooms (really one main room as moderator) so I don't see any of that 'poaching' activity.
I ignored and deleted all the pms, but afterwards wondered if I should have let the model know about this behaviour?
Yeah I would. Or let a mod know so that they can be silenced. Usually it doesnt just stop at 1 tipper in the room.

Reactions: rockin_rod

YES, absolutely let the model know because it's so shitty when other models do this. This is one of the reasons that many of us don't even like model accounts in our rooms. I've had something kind of like this happen to me before. Some chick was in my room, but she wasn't even being sneaky about it. She flat out posted in my chat "Guys, don't waste your time with this fugly model (Yes, she used the word "fugly"...lmao). Come get a Skype show with me." I was like wow, is this bitch for real? Then when you went to her room, she's just sitting there staring at the camera bored...like that's supposed to make people wanna tip. LOL. I thought Well no wonder she had to troll my room trying to steal my viewers.....

YES, absolutely let the model know because it's so shitty when other models do this. This is one of the reasons that many of us don't even like model accounts in our rooms. I've had something kind of like this happen to me before. Some chick was in my room, but she wasn't even being sneaky about it. She flat out posted in my chat "Guys, don't waste your time with this fugly model (Yes, she used the word "fugly"...lmao). Come get a Skype show with me." I was like wow, is this bitch for real? Then when you went to her room, she's just sitting there staring at the camera bored...like that's supposed to make people wanna tip. LOL. I thought Well no wonder she had to troll my room trying to steal my viewers.....

Yikes. That’s crazy. Does she not think her attitude might play a role in why she’s having trouble keeping members without resorting to poaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.