AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lagging on chaturbate. Really bad - last few days. Choppy lag.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2021

Anyone else suffering with really bad lagging as a viewer of CB

(Not a streamer - but a viewer)

For the last few days it's been impossible to watch chaturbate because all the rooms are slow.

The dreaded spinning disc in the middle of the picture.

And then suddenly the feed jumps ten or twenty seconds.

I have asked in the room (user chat) and people are replying that they have the same issue.

But I cant work out if this is my own personal issue (computer) or a global issue. Or regional.

So in a room of 200 then only two or three guys say - "Yeah.. Really bad lagging"

In short. Is there an Issue with CB? (Location Belgium / Netherlands ) Europe.

APRIL 2022

Last edited:
Yes, have same issue. Started another thread because some recent privates have ended abruptly due to dropped connections.
FWIW, whenever I ask a full room if anyone else is having issues with video or audio, I usually get only 1 or 2 responses in chat, at best.
I don't believe I'm the only one having the issues, but for some reason folk seem just as reluctant to write anything at all then, as when all is going well.
Just silent watchers, even if they're just watching the spinning disc.....

Reactions: Richyrichy
Upvote 0
Yes I agree.. I think there is a MAJOR problem at CB... And their servers cant keep up..

But in chat when we ask the guys..... Any problems.. Only a few respond.. As you say - folk are reluctant to write anything.

Its strange how many silent watchers there are in CB chat. Hardly anyone prepared to speak. And yet the site is called CHAT-urbate...

Upvote 0
Half of them are in 10 different rooms and not really there. Then another half wouldn't ever respond to anything anyway.

Even worse on mobile for me. Pretty much unusable. Constant drop-offs and harder to reconnect.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Half of them are in 10 different rooms and not really there. Then another half wouldn't ever respond to anything anyway.
Often wonder if that's what they're doing, i.e. having multiple windows open, with a different room in each, and rotating through them.
But I see so many guys leave a room immediately if the model goes into private, or goes offline, that sometimes it seems that they remain constantly watching, yet silent.

Upvote 0
Since about 4/28/22 I noticed a lot of video feed reloading. I can pick a room and random and about 4/10 times they have this problem. The video loads, then reloads (with a 2 second interruption), and then repeats. I've double checked my hardware and connection and ruled out any issues on my end.

Cheers,
Cexmental

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Another thing I've noted when moderating on CB:
if I open a 2nd window with one of the other sites my friend streams on, they start out almost exactly in sync, but after about 10 minutes, the CB video and audio is often between 20 and 40 seconds delayed over the second site. If I refresh CB, they sync again briefly but then gradually diverge again.

Upvote 0
if I open a 2nd window with one of the other sites my friend streams on, they start out almost exactly in sync, but after about 10 minutes, the CB video and audio is often between 20 and 40 seconds delayed over the second site. If I refresh CB, they sync again briefly but then gradually diverge again.
That's likely just a side effect of how the internet, your own networking gear and your computer routes traffic, and the fact that computers sometimes only *appear* to do two things at the same time. I.e. things have the appearance of instant, but in reality there are milliseconds of delay everywhere the networking and video systems have to make a decision about what to do with the data stream. This builds up over time and leads to visual divergence etc etc etc.

Something like that. I don't think this has anything to do with CB's lag problems, but it *could* also be a peripheral symptom of the root cause. Connectivity issues involving high volume distributed systems on the internet is notoriously difficult to troubleshoot, especially if you're a mere mortal (like we are here) with no access to anything.

If everything else on the internet is working properly for you, all you can really do is making sure your own gear is working properly (it appears to do so) and create a ticket so the CB tech guys have more data to identify the problem.

Upvote 0
Loads of reports in room chats now of CB lagging.

Everyone now has their own pet theory.

Some guys are saying that it is because all the CB server power is directed at their trade-show networking event.

They are doing some sort of road-show in America.

Other guys say to drop down from 1080p to 720p.

Other guys say it is regional.

But whatever... There is more chatter about the issue in rooms. I am shocked there is not more chatter - and guys are still tipping.

But. In short. There is defiantly an Issue with Lag at the CB end. It's global. And it affects most rooms.

I guess we wait ! (Or maybe each model should have in their tip menu - "CROWD FUND A BIGGER SERVER FOR CB - Tip 9 tokens each"

Upvote 0
All we can do is guess. I read in an article some time ago the CB is 104th in the list of sites with the most traffic. That seemed to be a bit high IMO but if it's true things like the road show shouldn't affect their servers a lot. But then I guess they pretty much calculate everything on the edge to increase profit and an outage of a server farm might have global consequences.

Upvote 0
I am so glad the rest of you are having problems. I recently upgraded my internet so was thinking my problems were due to this.
But I am getting some of the constantly refreshing/loading thing, as posted above, and then lots of pixelation/choppiness on videos.

Upvote 0
That's likely just a side effect of how the internet, your own networking gear and your computer routes traffic, and the fact that computers sometimes only *appear* to do two things at the same time. I.e. things have the appearance of instant, but in reality there are milliseconds of delay everywhere the networking and video systems have to make a decision about what to do with the data stream. This builds up over time and leads to visual divergence etc etc etc.
Understood, but it has only been a noticeable issue between 2 different sites since this year when the connectivity became less reliable.

Upvote 0
Understood, but it has only been a noticeable issue between 2 different sites since this year when the connectivity became less reliable.
Ok, and yeah, like I said (between the lines, maybe) this isn't exact science. Or, it technically is, but with so many parameters and sundry randomness it looks more like art.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.