AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite Lube

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jillianna

Cam Model
Jul 12, 2021
Florida
www.jilliannalords.com
Twitter Username
@JilliannaLords
Hi everyone--

2 questions:
What is your favorite lube(s)? Is there somewhere you get it in bulk?

Also, I was using personal hygiene wipes to clean my toys. Is that safe/enough to keep away the cooties? If not, what do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Also, I was using personal hygiene wipes to clean my toys. Is that safe/enough to keep away the cooties? If not, what do you use?
Just use warm water and gentle soap. Of course be careful with toys that are not waterproof and avoid getting water inside them.

Lube is the bane of my camming life I swear. I've tried 4 different brands so far, including the durex super sensitive one and ALL of them end up giving me a horrible burning sensation after 1 or two uses in a camming session (best case scenario) or thrush after just a day or two using consecutively. I genuinely now resort to using my saliva (I know that's a bit tmi/gross) as it at least doesnt give me these issues!

Posting this to hopefully get some good recommendations from people who also suffer with extremely sensitive pHs!

Lube is the bane of my camming life I swear. I've tried 4 different brands so far, including the durex super sensitive one and ALL of them end up giving me a horrible burning sensation after 1 or two uses in a camming session (best case scenario) or thrush after just a day or two using consecutively. I genuinely now resort to using my saliva (I know that's a bit tmi/gross) as it at least doesnt give me these issues!

Posting this to hopefully get some good recommendations from people who also suffer with extremely sensitive pHs!
Ugh, that sucks. That's kind of why I am asking as well. I have hated every lube I have tried and this is going to be such a quality of life issue as cam. I figure there has to be a decent one out there if we share notes. My skin has become more sensitive in the last year or so too--crazy how our bodies continue to change completely with things.

astroglide is the only lube that doesn't make my cunt into a yeast factory when regularly used. the water-based and i get the 5fl oz bottle. there are also lots of models who swear by using coconut oil as lube. you can pick that up in your local grocery's baking aisle. the stuff also fucks with my vagina's pH, so be warned if you are sensitive.

for cleaning toys, antibacterial soap. if your toys are silicone and glass, you can run them in the dishwasher. be sure not to use jet dry. if no dishawasher is available boiling in a pot will help sterilize. i also like to replace my silicone dildos twice a year. no matter how well you clean your toys there will be microscopic tears where bacteria loves to camp out in.

i also like to replace my silicone dildos twice a year. no matter how well you clean your toys there will be microscopic tears where bacteria loves to camp out in.
There's really no need for that with actual silicone. I'm not talking gel or cyberskin (which are not body safe at all), but good quality silicone from reputable brands (a lot of companies advertise medical grade, but it doesn't even have to be that) can last even up to 10 years, same as silicone menstrual cups. You need to pay attention if there are no visible tears or if the material doesn't change the way it looks or smells, but otherwise you're good with just regular cleaning with warm water and gentle soap or dedicated toy cleanser before and after every use.

As for the lube I am also very sensitive and use only one specific brand I get in a pharmacy. Unfortunately IDK if it's available outside of Poland and if it is under what name is it sold in other countries (in Poland it's called Feminum), but my recommendation would be trying pharmacy brands instead of sex shop or drugstore ones. You might also want to check ingredients lists of the lubes that didn't work for you and try to find a common culprit. Of course formulation is also important and ingredient list doesn't tell you everything, but it might give you some clues what to avoid.

Also, don't use silicone based lube with silicone toys as they can react with each other, stick only to water based with silicone toys.

There's really no need for that with actual silicone. I'm not talking gel or cyberskin (which are not body safe at all), but good quality silicone from reputable brands (a lot of companies advertise medical grade, but it doesn't even have to be that) can last even up to 10 years, same as silicone menstrual cups. You need to pay attention if there are no visible tears or if the material doesn't change the way it looks or smells, but otherwise you're good with just regular cleaning with warm water and gentle soap or dedicated toy cleanser before and after every use.

As for the lube I am also very sensitive and use only one specific brand I get in a pharmacy. Unfortunately IDK if it's available outside of Poland and if it is under what name is it sold in other countries (in Poland it's called Feminum), but my recommendation would be trying pharmacy brands instead of sex shop or drugstore ones. You might also want to check ingredients lists of the lubes that didn't work for you and try to find a common culprit. Of course formulation is also important and ingredient list doesn't tell you everything, but it might give you some clues what to avoid.

Also, don't use silicone based lube with silicone toys as they can react with each other, stick only to water based with silicone toys.
Im super sensitive. My vagina used to break out in bv quite frequently. Once i started replacing my toys regularly, my problem went away. Im doing what my doc advised me to do.

Im super sensitive. My vagina used to break out in bv quite frequently. Once i started replacing my toys regularly, my problem went away. Im doing what my doc advised me to do.
I'm glad that you found a solution that works for you and I'm sorry if I came off as dismissive or rude.

Could you tell me what the ingredients are in the one that works for you? I've tried to avoid ones with glycerin as that's sugar which is essentially microbe feed. The one I currently use IS better for not having it but there's definitely still some ingredient that irritates!

Also, @AudriTwo coconut oil sounds a good idea and cheap to try but aren't you meant to avoid oils with toys for the same reason you avoid silicone-based?

Reactions: jillianna
Could you tell me what the ingredients are in the one that works for you? I've tried to avoid ones with glycerin as that's sugar which is essentially microbe feed. The one I currently use IS better for not having it but there's definitely still some ingredient that irritates!

Also, @AudriTwo coconut oil sounds a good idea and cheap to try but aren't you meant to avoid oils with toys for the same reason you avoid silicone-based?
I dont use it any more, but im paroting what lots of other OG models swear by. I personally didnt notice any wear on my toys. Its cheap, and a natural choice.

Hi everyone--

2 questions:
What is your favorite lube(s)? Is there somewhere you get it in bulk?

Thanks in advance!
I use coconut oil for my non silicone toys, and it's by far my favorite lube for actual sex as well. Especially good for butt stuff.

Protip: get refined coconut oil because the virgin coconut oil can be sort of gritty before it melts completely. It used to be my only lube before I started camming but I figured daily use multiple times a day on my silicone toys might damage them more, and I think I remember reading somewhere on Lovense's website that if you use coconut oil on their toys it voids your warranty. It's great for glass and metal toys.

And honestly most lube brands have a lot of harmful garbage in them, same for toy cleaners I discovered.

I ended up going with Lubelife for my camming lube. It has a stupid name and a lot of eye rolling marketing tactics, but the formula is decent, it's really viscous, and it lasts for ages, even with anal. You also only need a tiny bit at a time, I got one bottle 6 months ago and I'm only now getting close to halfway through it.

For toy cleaners, most have neurotoxic ingredients, awful fragrances, or essential oils that will damage toys. Swiss Navy toy cleaner is the best one, but it's expensive and doesn't get all the stickyness off of your hands, but it's also weirdly good at cleaning off suction cup dildo marks from mirrors. I spray off my toys between shows then wipe them down with a hand towel, sometimes I also give them a rinse in the sink real quick. Really just having a spray bottle of water and a towel on hand is enough during a shift, and then cleaning them properly after.

For actual cleaning and not just wiping, I got some cetaphil foaming face wash and just use that with water. If you have true silicone toys you can also boil them or run them through the dishwasher with no soap to sanitize them.

You really can just use soap and water, but you have to be careful about the kinds of soaps you use because a lot can leave residue on toys over time, especially if you have hard water. That's why I went with a mild face wash instead of something like castile soap.

• Helpful!
I use Passion water based lube.

My vagina is incredibly sensitive. I can’t use anything with glycerin, even lubricated condoms, without having bad reactions. Even certain body washes and laundry detergent (or the ones that my partner uses) can upset my biome. Passion lube has never caused me any issues ever, and I’ve used it for years.

The only downside to it is that it does dry out quicker than lubes with glycerin. But, I think having to maybe reapply some mid action is worth not having my vagina rebel afterwards.

It’s also available to buy on Amazon.

ETA: For cleaning, I use an antibacterial toy cleaner from Eden Fantasy’s and afterwards rinse it with a scent free soap and super hot water.

• Helpful!
I haven't had much experience with lubricants/moisturisers but I really like Water Slide. It's water-based with carrageenan (from red seaweed) and citric acid. It doesn't have glycerin or petroleum. It feels nice and doesn't get sticky or gucky, I never had any problems with burning or stinging or anything like that or with smelling off. It washes easily. You may have to reapply it somewhat frequently but you don't need a lot of it. An 8 oz bottle goes for $20 or less. I would definitely recommend it to a girl starting to use a menstrual cup, for instance.

I should think dish detergent is fine for toy cleaning because it's practically pH neutral..(?)

I haven't had much experience with lubricants/moisturisers but I really like Water Slide. It's water-based with carrageenan (from red seaweed) and citric acid. It doesn't have glycerin or petroleum. It feels nice and doesn't get sticky or gucky, I never had any problems with burning or stinging or anything like that or with smelling off. It washes easily. You may have to reapply it somewhat frequently but you don't need a lot of it. An 8 oz bottle goes for $20 or less. I would definitely recommend it to a girl starting to use a menstrual cup, for instance.

Duuude this lube sounds amazing! I might have to order myself some.

I should think dish detergent is fine for toy cleaning because it's practically pH neutral..(?)
Yes, the only issue with dish soap is if it leaves residue on your toys or not. Some brands can, some brands might not, and sometimes it also depends on things like the mineral content or overall quality of your water. Castile soaps like Dr. Bronner's have a reputation for ruining toys over time.

Duuude this lube sounds amazing! I might have to order myself some.

Yes, the only issue with dish soap is if it leaves residue on your toys or not. Some brands can, some brands might not, and sometimes it also depends on things like the mineral content or overall quality of your water. Castile soaps like Dr. Bronner's have a reputation for ruining toys over time.

You're right! I didn't think of hard water and soap.

It's made by Earthly Body. Here's their site: https://shop.earthlybody.com/subscription/waterslide/ They have 4 oz bottles too.

Reactions: GraysonDrake

I'm loyal to this lube for anything vaginal (or anal, though that hole is less picky about lubes). No glycerin, and it's nice and thick, which I like. I also have pretty sensitive skin/microbiome so I have to be careful about what I put inside me but this has never given me issues and sometimes I use it daily for a week+.

Coconut oil is great with silicone toys also. I'm post menopausal and even water-based lube irritates me. Organic coconut oil all I use. Also years of chronic yeast infections went away after I switched to organic coconut oil for lube. It also has a mild antibacterial action.

(Don't use if you use latex condoms though - you can't use any oil based lube at all with latex condoms).

I use coconut oil for my non silicone toys, and it's by far my favorite lube for actual sex as well. Especially good for butt stuff.

Protip: get refined coconut oil because the virgin coconut oil can be sort of gritty before it melts completely. It used to be my only lube before I started camming but I figured daily use multiple times a day on my silicone toys might damage them more, and I think I remember reading somewhere on Lovense's website that if you use coconut oil on their toys it voids your warranty. It's great for glass and metal toys.

And honestly most lube brands have a lot of harmful garbage in them, same for toy cleaners I discovered.

I ended up going with Lubelife for my camming lube. It has a stupid name and a lot of eye rolling marketing tactics, but the formula is decent, it's really viscous, and it lasts for ages, even with anal. You also only need a tiny bit at a time, I got one bottle 6 months ago and I'm only now getting close to halfway through it.

For toy cleaners, most have neurotoxic ingredients, awful fragrances, or essential oils that will damage toys. Swiss Navy toy cleaner is the best one, but it's expensive and doesn't get all the stickyness off of your hands, but it's also weirdly good at cleaning off suction cup dildo marks from mirrors. I spray off my toys between shows then wipe them down with a hand towel, sometimes I also give them a rinse in the sink real quick. Really just having a spray bottle of water and a towel on hand is enough during a shift, and then cleaning them properly after.

For actual cleaning and not just wiping, I got some cetaphil foaming face wash and just use that with water. If you have true silicone toys you can also boil them or run them through the dishwasher with no soap to sanitize them.

You really can just use soap and water, but you have to be careful about the kinds of soaps you use because a lot can leave residue on toys over time, especially if you have hard water. That's why I went with a mild face wash instead of something like castile soap.

Hi GraysonDrake,

Thanks for your response. It's super helpful! As I was looking at the Lubelife options they have both the regular water based lube and then they also have toy lubricant. Have you tried both of them? Which do you normally use--the regular one?

Love the idea of using cetaphil foaming face wash. I love that product anyway and its not horrifically expensive. Plus I can wash my face in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.