AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Avarage hourly income

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2021
Hi, I work in a Israeli webcam site.
The nice thing about it, is that from day one, there is enought traffic.
But I'm making only 100$ for 2- 3.5 hours on site
(About 90 minutes in private shows) - there isn't free chat in there.
So I wanted to ask, does avarage of 33 $ an hour considered relatively fair income in camming industry this days?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
$100 seems kind of low if you are in private sessions for 90 minutes.

Can you increase your rate for privates? Are you working independently or for a studio?

Many people on camsites are only earning minimum wage (sadly). Everyone's earnings ceiling is different.

Have you tried raising your prices? It's scary to make the change, but you can't know how much you could really be earning per hour unless you try.

$100 seems kind of low if you are in private sessions for 90 minutes.

Can you increase your rate for privates? Are you working independently or for a studio?
I work there independently, but they actually paying the taxes, I get it as a regular legal salary, with pension and tax.
There's no option to raise the price. They are taking 4.5 dolar for a minute from the client, but the modle gets a bit less than a dollar per that minute.
I guess I'll try simultaneously strip chat or some other site. I read that Xmodels also pays very low rate in the first 100 hours. Beside that, it sound like a great site to work in.

Last edited:
Many people on camsites are only earning minimum wage (sadly). Everyone's earnings ceiling is different.

Have you tried raising your prices? It's scary to make the change, but you can't know how much you could really be earning per hour unless you try.
Thanks, there is no option to raise the rates there. I think I'll simultaneously try to start stripchat or one of those sites.

"but they actually paying the taxes"

Which site is this? Every site that I've heard of considers the model an independent contractor and does not handle model taxes.

Regarding xmodels, the price is fixed no matter how many hours you work. 5tks per minute is standard but the top (i think) 10% of models are able to increase their price to 7 or 10tks per minute. This means maximum of €0.80 per minute per viewer if they are not from Netherlands, in which case it's more like 50cents.

There was a big survey a few years ago that found $20-30 dollars per hour to be the average but bear in mind there are models making $300+ per hour as well as some making below minimum wage. I guess the real question is, are you earning enough money so you're living well and comfortable with what you're showing oline?

I guess the real question is, are you earning enough money so you're living well and comfortable with what you're showing oline?
This, so much this. I make what you mentioned in a good weekday (but there's days when I'll make $10 an hour). And around 2x or 3x if I can work during the weekend but because I put in more hours. And I used to beat myself up comparing myself to more experienced models but:

1. I'm still new at this and 2. This is actually more than enough to support me and my family where I live

Of course we all want to make more money but it takes time and experience to make what top models make. You're doing well!

Male model here so might be slightly different audience but I usually aim for $20 an hour

If I go on steady, 2x/day make $60-80 and gain a few Onlyfans, I'm a happy happy camper. When I have one of my lady friends join me..... eh it bumps up but then gotta split it lol .

Single, no kids, live minimal...... so bills r low. Ubereats side gig went by the wayside with the gas prices

Summer n holidays r the worst. But cant complain, other side gigs would be worse

• Hugs
Reactions: Octavia888
I work there independently, but they actually paying the taxes, I get it as a regular legal salary, with pension and tax.
There's no option to raise the price. They are taking 4.5 dolar for a minute from the client, but the modle gets a bit less than a dollar per that minute.
I guess I'll try simultaneously strip chat or some other site. I read that Xmodels also pays very low rate in the first 100 hours. Beside that, it sound like a great site to work in.

Your hourly wage is good, and so is your amount of time in paid privates!

My only concern is how much of a cut your studio is taking from you. If they charge $4.50, and you only get less than $1 of that.

The studio cut is pretty insane tbh. I live in a fairly expensive US area so I need to make a bit more per hour. I also only work 2-4hrs which means I definitely need a high hour tk average. If you're doing a 5-8hr shift that's definitely decent money at $33/hr. My personal opinion is it also depends on what you offer for the privates. If you're doing hardcore for 90 min making $1/min then absolutely not. If you're doing some slow teasing and dancing or chatting then the $1/min is not bad at all.

I think I started out at around $33/hr. Goal for the day to replace my other job was $120. Not to get into too many specifics but I make substantially more on average than when I started. Good luck!!

Which site is this? Every site that I've heard of considers the model an independent contractor and does not handle model taxes.

Regarding xmodels, the price is fixed no matter how many hours you work. 5tks per minute is standard but the top (i think) 10% of models are able to increase their price to 7 or 10tks per minute. This means maximum of €0.80 per minute per viewer if they are not from Netherlands, in which case it's more like 50cents.

There was a big survey a few years ago that found $20-30 dollars per hour to be the average but bear in mind there are models making $300+ per hour as well as some making below minimum wage. I guess the real question is, are you earning enough money so you're living well and comfortable with what you're showing oline?

Yeah they are paying taxes, wich is nice and I don't need to be independent tax payer. Its an israeli webcam site, you don't have to live in Israel, but you must have recedency or sitizenship to work there.
And you are right that the real equesion is whether it's enough. But no, not exactly, I would much prefer making 200 $ in that 90 minutes of privates:)
Thanks for telling me about imodels.

Your hourly wage is good, and so is your amount of time in paid privates!

My only concern is how much of a cut your studio is taking from you. If they charge $4.50, and you only get less than $1 of that.
Thanks, I wish I could earn more in that 90 minutes.
It's without studio, I work directly with the site. But it's just Israeli site, for Israelis that find it easier to pay more for talking with Hebrew speaking models. But the webcam site owners are cheap with their models hehe

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Hi, I work in a Israeli webcam site.
The nice thing about it, is that from day one, there is enought traffic.
But I'm making only 100$ for 2- 3.5 hours on site
(About 90 minutes in private shows) - there isn't free chat in there.
So I wanted to ask, does avarage of 33 $ an hour considered relatively fair income in camming industry this days?
Thanks in advance
I do want to mention that I live in Ukraine. Here 33 $ hourly it's like 12 times more than hourly minimum wage, but, I do have high expenses, and I would like to earn more for what I'm doing in this private shows.
If I lived in US or UK or God forbid Israel, I wouldn't be able to live with this hourly rate.
And thanks to everyone who wrote me.

Thanks, I wish I could earn more in that 90 minutes.
It's without studio, I work directly with the site. But it's just Israeli site, for Israelis that find it easier to pay more for talking with Hebrew speaking models. But the webcam site owners are cheap with their models hehe

Oh, okay, that makes more sense that it's an Israeli site rather than a studio.

Reactions: Octavia888
The studio cut is pretty insane tbh. I live in a fairly expensive US area so I need to make a bit more per hour. I also only work 2-4hrs which means I definitely need a high hour tk average. If you're doing a 5-8hr shift that's definitely decent money at $33/hr. My personal opinion is it also depends on what you offer for the privates. If you're doing hardcore for 90 min making $1/min then absolutely not. If you're doing some slow teasing and dancing or chatting then the $1/min is not bad at all.

I think I started out at around $33/hr. Goal for the day to replace my other job was $120. Not to get into too many specifics but I make substantially more on average than when I started. Good luck!!
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.
That's exactly the point, I work pretty hard for that low per minute pay. And I think that I'll try stripchat and chaturbate cause I think that I'll make there more for the kinds of shows I give (wich is not super hard-core, but it isn't only teasing and dancing).
I live in Ukraine, here 33$ a hour, or 100 $ a day is very good income. But I still would like to earn more per my minutes and hours.
I can't be online more than 3.5 hours, and I find it hard to do it daily. There's the day's that we feel weird, there's the period days, so it's not like we can do it everyday.
Anyway, I just need to try other sites to try and chip more in online time. And have more options, than just this one site.
Cheers 🍻

Last edited:

Good work! yeah being constant is key. Lotta ppl dont treat it like a job. lol. I could be on there in two 2-hour shifts and make $100/day.... either solo or with friends. But man it takes a toll on ur normal sex life.

Good work! yeah being constant is key. Lotta ppl dont treat it like a job. lol. I could be on there in two 2-hour shifts and make $100/day.... either solo or with friends. But man it takes a toll on ur normal sex life.
Lol for me it doesn't take a toll but girls are wired differently haha. I usually cam 5/6 days a week and still have sex once or twice a day with Mr Dani.

Reactions: bearman
It depends on the sites you work on and on how invested you are in this. Because some platforms may boost you if you work x amount of hours or if you have a very good CPH.

Lol for me it doesn't take a toll but girls are wired differently haha. I usually cam 5/6 days a week and still have sex once or twice a day with Mr Dani.
lol yeah women can just keep going! I always joke if I had started camming at 18 when I would jack off all day, I'd be retired by now (I'm 44 lol) 🤪🤑

But yeah my last 2 gf's would get mad if I cammed all day

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.