AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What am I doing wrong?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly_____

Cam Model
Jun 7, 2022
www.goddesslillylee.com
Twitter Username
@goddesslillylee
MFC Username
Lilly_____
Streamate Username
LillyLee
Chaturbate Username
Lilly_cutie
Hi guys, so I know this sounds like a lot of the posts in here, but I just can't get my head around it. Yes I'm aware of the new model status magic and that things are different since it wears off, but this last week no one visited my room.

I mean not a single fucking soul? And I was doing so well, reaching my goals, getting regulars etc. And now not even the guys who were there all the time are coming. It's a ghost room.

I feel terrible! Trying to figure out what is wrong but the truth is that I haven't changed the way I do things at all! My camscore is dropping and now I just don't want to stream anymore so it won't get worse.

Is that it? I just made this whole lot of money once out of luck and should be happy about it and go back to my old life on my old camsite? I really thought I was onto something here. It sucks.

Just editing do add that no I won't give up camming, I've been doing this and will be doing this and I know how frustrating it can get, I just don't know how one can go from 1000 to 0 in days...

Hi guys, so I know this sounds like a lot of the posts in here, but I just can't get my head around it. Yes I'm aware of the new model status magic and that things are different since it wears off, but this last week no one visited my room.

I mean not a single fucking soul? And I was doing so well, reaching my goals, getting regulars etc. And now not even the guys who were there all the time are coming. It's a ghost room.

I feel terrible! Trying to figure out what is wrong but the truth is that I haven't changed the way I do things at all! My camscore is dropping and now I just don't want to stream anymore so it won't get worse.

Is that it? I just made this whole lot of money once out of luck and should be happy about it and go back to my old life on my old camsite? I really thought I was onto something here. It sucks.

Just editing do add that no I won't give up camming, I've been doing this and will be doing this and I know how frustrating it can get, I just don't know how one can go from 1000 to 0 in days...

Hey Lilly,

I am sure those more experienced than me will provide better suggestions/advice, but what I can say from my experience is that, yes, you are spot on about the new model magic. And, no, you are not alone in the frustration that follows. I am just a member, but my friends often expressed to me that they not only went through the same thing when new, but also similar periods even after that.

I don’t know what magic it takes to keep a room full time and time again; and, frankly, having seen many models do that year over year with, as far as my personal preferences go, nothing that I would consider supremely special over the others, it’s honestly a mystery to me. My sex (guys) are bizarre, and can’t speak for the other sexes in all of their beautiful variations, so I really can’t figure out that magic formula.

That said, I am sure it is different for every type of customer, and I am, arguably, not the typical one, so I can only provide insight into what keeps me regular. 1. Metamucil (Ha! Dad joke.. sorry), 2. positive and happy vibe (pleasant lighting, relaxed mood, a bit of music, etc.) 3. welcoming PM upon entering room (just a “Hi, how are you!), 4. acknowledgment if tipped, 5. teasing and flirting, 6, recognition upon return (just jot a note of those you like so you can pick up when they return), 7. proactive PM when member comes online. I am sure all of that is wrote and nothing new and very likely you are doing all of those, but in my experience it seems fewer and fewer are doing just these few simple things. However, doing these will always get a visit from me.

Anyway, perhaps the only real thing I can offer that is guaranteed is a visit. if you could please find and bookmark me (“The_ZeroFox”) and PM me if you see me on, I promise I will come over. 😊 Would be delighted to meet you.

All my best… Fox

Upvote 0
I think the last few weeks have been tough. I'm not noticing it on my main site, where I've been for 7 years. But on mfc where I was a new model I noticed it dramatically starting about a month ago.

That being said; going to 0 sounds a bit suspicious. Have you checked w support that all is OK with your stream and everything?
My theory is that when quieter periods start the newer a model is to a site, the more they feel it. But it's just a theory.

If you are ever on and want me to do a feed check just @ me, and I can try to check you are showing up ok and everything for you, if you want?

Upvote 0
Yeah just be sure to use a sperate account to do that. Like a buyers account or something. Support told me that sometimes if you are logged into the same account on 2 diff browsers or even computers/ devices it can cause broadcast glitches. This was back when I had a bunch of broadcast glitches, that actually resolved when I changed to fiber optic internet. However I did note that as interesting information, because it was not something I had thought of.

ETA; I will say support at MFC is really prompt though. They won't make you wait for days for an answer or anything, even outside business hours. It's cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Yeah so I think it was a glitch on my end? Because it was literally zero visitors. But yesterday I had (still a bit low but) normal traffic again and got my camscore going up again... Such a relief to my self esteem, I was honestly thinking I was doing something wrong. Well maybe I was, but technically speaking. Thanks for your help! I wouldn't have considered that as a possibility.

About the private browser tab: I've got my own country blocked, meaning I wouldn't be able to see myself online anyway, right? In that case, if that ever happens again, I would gladly accept you offer @EliMarie717 :)

Upvote 0
Hey Lilly,

I am sure those more experienced than me will provide better suggestions/advice, but what I can say from my experience is that, yes, you are spot on about the new model magic. And, no, you are not alone in the frustration that follows. I am just a member, but my friends often expressed to me that they not only went through the same thing when new, but also similar periods even after that.

I don’t know what magic it takes to keep a room full time and time again; and, frankly, having seen many models do that year over year with, as far as my personal preferences go, nothing that I would consider supremely special over the others, it’s honestly a mystery to me. My sex (guys) are bizarre, and can’t speak for the other sexes in all of their beautiful variations, so I really can’t figure out that magic formula.

That said, I am sure it is different for every type of customer, and I am, arguably, not the typical one, so I can only provide insight into what keeps me regular. 1. Metamucil (Ha! Dad joke.. sorry), 2. positive and happy vibe (pleasant lighting, relaxed mood, a bit of music, etc.) 3. welcoming PM upon entering room (just a “Hi, how are you!), 4. acknowledgment if tipped, 5. teasing and flirting, 6, recognition upon return (just jot a note of those you like so you can pick up when they return), 7. proactive PM when member comes online. I am sure all of that is wrote and nothing new and very likely you are doing all of those, but in my experience it seems fewer and fewer are doing just these few simple things. However, doing these will always get a visit from me.

Anyway, perhaps the only real thing I can offer that is guaranteed is a visit. if you could please find and bookmark me (“The_ZeroFox”) and PM me if you see me on, I promise I will come over. 😊 Would be delighted to meet you.

All my best… Fox
Fox I did see you there yesterday! Thank you so much and I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you. I was in a private session and the member accidentally exited and entered again, and then is when I saw you there. It was really nice of you. And thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you around!

Upvote 0
About the private browser tab: I've got my own country blocked, meaning I wouldn't be able to see myself online anyway, right?
As far as I understand and unless you are using a VPN, yes.

Just DM me here if you ever need it. I'll follow you sp you can, since I think I have my settings on ACF that only people I follow can DM me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
'New model' status is a privilege but the real work start after that, a lot of new models have members and make good money in that period and after that become irelevant, because other new girls are coming day after day. First page models are models with years of hard work and experience, you can't expect to have same number of members and make lot of tokens as they make; just imagine if every single new model will remain on first page after 'magic period' ends , would be a crazy. So, the site saw to you his potential and what results you could get IF you will become a good model but is a long way until then :h: good luck!

Upvote 0
Fox I did see you there yesterday! Thank you so much and I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you. I was in a private session and the member accidentally exited and entered again, and then is when I saw you there. It was really nice of you. And thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you around!
Hey Lilly, no worries at all! I saw you in private and took that as a good sign that whatever bad mojo was happening before was gone. Look forward to catching you online and stopping in for a chat. Until then, I have no doubt that all will be well. All my best… Fox

Upvote 0
'New model' status is a privilege but the real work start after that, a lot of new models have members and make good money in that period and after that become irelevant, because other new girls are coming day after day. First page models are models with years of hard work and experience, you can't expect to have same number of members and make lot of tokens as they make; just imagine if every single new model will remain on first page after 'magic period' ends , would be a crazy. So, the site saw to you his potential and what results you could get IF you will become a good model but is a long way until then :h: good luck!
That is a very good way to think about the new model status!! I'll definitely keep that in mind! Thank you ❤️

Upvote 0
@Lilly_____ i feel like i am on the same journey as you because that is what i am experiencing right now. i tried to rely on a mentor but it didn't go well at all. for me it feels like when i used to work in retail. some days i get a lot of foot traffic and others it's like boring af. that is why i started to do multi-streaming because i wanted to see what it was like on other sites. it's not like i made more money on the other platforms but it helped me have more people to chat to while i stream.

Upvote 0
Make sure you don't do what I've been accidentally doing, and forgetting to click that damn "Preview: Off" button at the very bottom of the model web broadcaster to turn it on. :facepalm: Lol. And I did it again just now. But at least this time it was only for the first five minutes. The one night I was on cam for I guess 2 or 3 hours wondering why the hell no one was talking, and why this other member wasn't seeing my cam...yet I saw myself just fine in OBS' windowed projector preview window. I didn't realize that it still had it on "Preview: Off" on the model web broadcaster. Lol. Ugh...what a waste of time and camscore, and of course I didn't earn any tokens at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Make sure you don't do what I've been accidentally doing, and forgetting to click that damn "Preview: Off" button at the very bottom of the model web broadcaster to turn it on. :facepalm: Lol. And I did it again just now. But at least this time it was only for the first five minutes. The one night I was on cam for I guess 2 or 3 hours wondering why the hell no one was talking, and why this other member wasn't seeing my cam...yet I saw myself just fine in OBS' windowed projector preview window. I didn't realize that it still had it on "Preview: Off" on the model web broadcaster. Lol. Ugh...what a waste of time and camscore, and of course I didn't earn any tokens at all.
Wait! I thought the preview feature was meant for ourselves only and it didn't make a difference on whether members could see us? 😮😮😮

Upvote 0
Wait! I thought the preview feature was meant for ourselves only and it didn't make a difference on whether members could see us? 😮😮😮
Right, they created the full video view for us so we don't have to hover our OBS window over our screen. Members see us the same either way once we hit broadcast whether it's in preview or full video view on our MWB.

I think something else may have been going on, @yummybrownfox

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0

I don't know, but recently when it happened (A member claiming he couldn't see me), the second I remembered to click that "Preview: Off" button to put it to On, that's when he all of a sudden he said "Okay, I see you now." However...last night members appeared to see me fine, and had no issues. And during that time I realized that I had once again forgotten to click that Preview: Off button (I forgot again...lol). So I was surprised that it was off, and people could still see me.

I don't know anymore. OBS frustrates the hell outta me though.

Upvote 0
May I suggest something? Right after you start streaming, go on your phone and type in your own username on MFC. That way you can see that everything is running fine and that the lighting and such looks alright. I always do this right after I start broadcasting as a precaution, as I've also had the same issue in the past. Nothing worse than wasting 20 minutes because your camera wasn't going.

Upvote 0
May I suggest something? Right after you start streaming, go on your phone and type in your own username on MFC. That way you can see that everything is running fine and that the lighting and such looks alright. I always do this right after I start broadcasting as a precaution, as I've also had the same issue in the past. Nothing worse than wasting 20 minutes because your camera wasn't going.
My problem with that is that I have my own country blocked and if I use a VPN I'd lose a lot of streaming quality so I have to rely on someone else to check that for me. Although now that I think about it I could use a VPN with my cellphone data and leave my wifi free to do that, right? Can I do that? Might be a good solution! I'll try that out.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
My problem with that is that I have my own country blocked and if I use a VPN I'd lose a lot of streaming quality so I have to rely on someone else to check that for me. Although now that I think about it I could use a VPN with my cellphone data and leave my wifi free to do that, right? Can I do that? Might be a good solution! I'll try that out.
what time are you online? Im around afternoon ES time, I could add you and you can ask me to check your streaming as many times as you need!

Upvote 0
If you set up a member account and add it to your friends list that account doesn't get affected by the location blocks. At least that's how it used to be on mfc.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
You must have some loyal regular members?
-- Use News Feed (It sends a message to your friends screen)
-- Posting your room in Lounge helps
-- Make use of MFC Share
-- Try fun games on chatroom :- Popping Balloon to win a prize, ...
-- Try to speak in the cam, instead of typing

Upvote 0
-- Make use of MFC Share
All these are fine advice except lounge. Don’t have members post your link in lounge.

Upvote 0
Yeah valuable advice but also first day of camming advice.
-- Make use of MFC Share

Reactions: Belle_dujour
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.