AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mods and knights according to BongaCams, Chaturbate, Stripchat, and you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2022
The following is what it means to be a mod/knight, and what they do, according to the three platforms:

BONGACAMS
"Moderators are models' aides with special privileges that help to maintain order in the chat room."

CHATURBATE
"A good moderator will engage with the viewers in your room and introduce your show and rules, encourage viewers to tip in order to reach a goal, and take care of unwanted comments so you can focus on your show."
"Other duties include:
  • encouraging users to tip
  • thanking viewers that tip broadcasters
  • letting viewers know about the broadcaster’s goal
  • answering repetitive questions from viewers"

STRIPCHAT
"[Ultimate members with] the power to mute other abusive members and thus help you moderate your room."
"They [cam models] are not only choosing someone to help clean up the chat, but also making even stronger allies and fans."

Do you agree 100% with what all three say? In your opinion, is there something there that should be removed? And is there something missing ? How so? I basically want to compare what the platforms propose with what models, mods/knights, and other users have learned from experience.

If you answer, please be clear if you're a mod/knight or not, or if you're a model, if it isn't too obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: inertvolcano
The following is what it means to be a mod/knight, and what they do, according to the three platforms:

BONGACAMS
"Moderators are models' aides with special privileges that help to maintain order in the chat room."

CHATURBATE
"A good moderator will engage with the viewers in your room and introduce your show and rules, encourage viewers to tip in order to reach a goal, and take care of unwanted comments so you can focus on your show."
"Other duties include:

STRIPCHAT
"[Ultimate members with] the power to mute other abusive members and thus help you moderate your room."
"They [cam models] are not only choosing someone to help clean up the chat, but also making even stronger allies and fans."

Do you agree 100% with what all three say? In your opinion, is there something there that should be removed? And is there something missing ? How so? I basically want to compare what the platforms propose with what models, mods/knights, and other users have learned from experience.

If you answer, please be clear if you're a mod/knight or not, or if you're a model, if it isn't too obvious.

Thanks in advance!
I'm a knight in a few rooms on SC (although I am basically "monogamous" these days and only actively engage in one room), I agree with what SC states, but add that I "do" the things that CB outlines also, but with a (hopefully) light touch.

However, being a knight has never enhanced my friendship or fandom with any model, in any way, at all. I accepted and discharge my "duties" as a knight in "my" active room because we (my model friend and I) had already developed a friendship *before* she asked if I wanted to be a knight for her.

IME, IMO, YMMV blah blah blah ;)

Reactions: Lou_King_
CHATURBATE
"Other duties include:

I’m a moderator on CB and I disagree with all four bullet points.

The fourth one could be helpful on rare occasion. But not only are the other points unnecessary, I’d go so far as to say you’re actively annoying the rest of the room if you do those things regularly.

A good moderator is as invisible as possible. Clean up the rude comments and kick out the troublemakers if needed. Otherwise, let the members and models focus on one another. They can do that without a mod’s help.

I'm a knight in a few rooms on SC (although I am basically "monogamous" these days and only actively engage in one room), I agree with what SC states, but add that I "do" the things that CB outlines also, but with a (hopefully) light touch.

However, being a knight has never enhanced my friendship or fandom with any model, in any way, at all. I accepted and discharge my "duties" as a knight in "my" active room because we (my model friend and I) had already developed a friendship *before* she asked if I wanted to be a knight for her.

IME, IMO, YMMV blah blah blah ;)
Actually I just realised that I do not do all 4 of the CB listed things

• encouraging users to tip -- only if it is very slow, or there are a lot of requests without tips etc.

• thanking viewers that tip broadcasters -- Never. The model's reactions, or the "performance" of the menu item tipped for should be thanks enough. Although *maybe* an encouraging "thumbs up" emoji. Thank god SC doesn't enable the visual pollution that is CB's gif-enabled interface.

• letting viewers know about the broadcaster’s goal -- Nope. It is there to be seen by all already.

• answering repetitive questions from viewers -- Definitely! My friend should not have to interrupt her sexy dancing or bother reading such things in the midst of toy vibrations, etc. If it is a simple question that I can answer because I know what her response will be, I will answer on her behalf (if she is occupied). If I am even slightly unsure of what her answer might be, I do *not* answer.

Actually I just realised that I do not do all 4 of the CB listed things

• encouraging users to tip -- only if it is very slow, or there are a lot of requests without tips etc.

• thanking viewers that tip broadcasters -- Never. The model's reactions, or the "performance" of the menu item tipped for should be thanks enough. Although *maybe* an encouraging "thumbs up" emoji. Thank god SC doesn't enable the visual pollution that is CB's gif-enabled interface.

• letting viewers know about the broadcaster’s goal -- Nope. It is there to be seen by all already.

• answering repetitive questions from viewers -- Definitely! My friend should not have to interrupt her sexy dancing or bother reading such things in the midst of toy vibrations, etc. If it is a simple question that I can answer because I know what her response will be, I will answer on her behalf (if she is occupied). If I am even slightly unsure of what her answer might be, I do *not* answer.

I agree with the thanking tippers. I always feel .... weird (it's the only word I can think to describe it) when a mod or another user thanks me for tipping, or heck, if I see them do it to other people tipping - especially when it's every tip. If it's big tips like 500+ and it's a general "wow" comment or something, then that is absolutely fine and I don't mind or get irked by that.

The whole goal reminder though can really depend because 1 thing you need to consider is, on CB goals are not easy to see if you're using mobile and the mobile site, or the model can have so much chat happening etc you can easily forget about the goal. Even I will forget about the goal a lot of times haha. But a constant reminder is annoying, just doing it sometimes if it feels/seems like people have forgotten, or if maybe it's close to being completed. But either way, it's always good to be tactful and read the room, and to know how everyone is with these things.

I'm a mod. I don't care what CB says a mod should do, because I disagree with most of those suggestions.
I asked the model what (if anything) she expected me to do when she decided I was a mod, and that is all.
I enjoy being in her room. I want all the others present to enjoy being in her room.
So I chat with others. I tip her often. I don't seek her attention, so she is free to chat with others. I tip her often. If someone doesn't follow the room rules, I remind them. I tip her often. I only silence if there is rudeness and disrespect towards her. Did I mention I tip her often?

Lol why are you so horny for mods?

From a user's perspective let me just tell all you guys who are mods/knights. Don't ever thank me for tipping. I don't care what you think and I absolutely will get annoyed. If the model says thanks it means something, everything else is just clogging up the public chat

The mods/knights I have seen who I thought did the best job were not that visible. They keep rude users in line and occasionally will convey a message from the model (eg "SuzieQ thought she would be right back but it is going to be a few extra minutes"). Maybe a couple other things for the model that aren't visible to users. That is it. Nobody goes to model's rooms to engage with mods - less is more

I also disagree with most of CB's ideas of a mod's 'duty':

A good moderator will engage with the viewers in your room
I will engage with other regulars to keep things interesting when tips are slow, but I would be doing that anyway, since it can be quite a social room. I don't think this is specifically a mod's role though.

introduce your show and rules
Nope, not necessary because the rules pop up regularly in the chat. I only remind people once if they ignore the rules. If continue to do it they get silenced.

encourage viewers to tip in order to reach a goal
Never. I don't think the model would like that either and it would be off putting to others. She doesn't really do goals anyway.

and take care of unwanted comments so you can focus on your show
This is definitely a priority. The model is often chilling on the bed/coach and doesn't want to have to interrupt what she's doing keep going to the keyboard/mouse to deal with idiots.

thanking viewers that tip broadcasters
Nope. That's not appropriate. I'll sometimes say "nice tip!" if someone tips a large amount but don't address them personally unless it's somebody I've interacted with before.

letting viewers know about the broadcaster’s goal
As mentioned, she doesn't do goals. It's probably not something I would do if she did.

answering repetitive questions from viewers
Yeah, but it depends. For example, the model doesn't like to disclose anything about her location/origin (which gets asked multiple times in every show), so I'll try to pipe up politely to save her from having to keep 'knocking back' the question. People asking to see her feet is another one (she never removes her socks, I think at this stage they would need to surgically removed), so I'll pipe up on this on too for the same reason. Basically, I don't mind being the 'bad guy' on her behalf. For other questions, such as "how old are you?", which she's happy to answer, I think it's better not to butt in.

Thank you all! So the general vibe I get is that Chaturbate proposes more than it should about what a mod is and what it should do 🤔.

Hmmm... and what is missing in all all three platform descriptions? Everyone mentioned what shouldn't be a part of the role, but what do mods and knights also do and isn't acknowledged by any of the platforms?

And, if you haven't the answered the original post and would like to, go ahead!

Thank you for yout tips... ding ding ding 😆.

Huh? Why can't you just enjoy these models' rooms without stressing yourselves out over this stuff? Lol.

Huh? Why can't you just enjoy these models' rooms without stressing yourselves out over this stuff? Lol.
Gah, have you forgotten? He's going to do a talk at a cam training event. He's not here to enjoy cam sites and the models on them, he's here to learn and teach.

Yeaaah, that is a big part of what I enjoy on camsites. I have a knowledge-fetish... not being sarcastic, I actually do. It's OK if you don't find that attractive 👍. Anyway, I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, so I'll stop making any questions or mention anything related with the talk. I would like to latter on ask about GFE and stereotypes of cam models from particular countries (I'm starting to discover on this forum that that type of stereotypes actually exist, and "the girlfriend experience" really is a new concept for me... I did here it mentioned extensively on the Cam Girlz documentary), but that will be to satisfy my own curiosity. I learn things here and I enjoy that; I hope to continue doing so.

If anyone wants to say something to me... I'll read it tomorrow. C'ya!

@yummybrownfox , not sure if you were talking to the OP or to the rest of us who answered.

If the latter, well I personally do not "Stress" over it, it's just a part "of hanging out" with my friend, just like if I was at a party at her place I would help (as appropriate) with mixing drinks, serving food and cleaning up afterwards 🤷‍♂️ ;)

(But I am a Virgo and one of our mottos is "I serve: :) )

@yummybrownfox , not sure if you were talking to the OP or to the rest of us who answered.

If the latter, well I personally do not "Stress" over it, it's just a part "of hanging out" with my friend, just like if I was at a party at her place I would help (as appropriate) with mixing drinks, serving food and cleaning up afterwards 🤷‍♂️ ;)

I def think it was rightfully aimed at OP. They've unabashedly announced themselves here as someone who feels they know and want to learn more in order to teach others how cam things work.

and I'm sure it isn't a surprise that most of us models here kinda feel that people in that situation are just a nuisance to our existence. Kinda like the infamous Kool Ray of early years (like 2012 era, feel free to google that for how annoying we find it).

I def think it was rightfully aimed at OP. They've unabashedly announced themselves here as someone who feels they know and want to learn more in order to teach others how cam things work.

and I'm sure it isn't a surprise that most of us models here kinda feel that people in that situation are just a nuisance to our existence. Kinda like the infamous Kool Ray of early years (like 2012 era, feel free to google that for how annoying we find it).
Yeah ok, I lasted through two and a half of his Tutorial videos :facepalm:

Reactions: NotYou
Yeah ok, I lasted through two and a half of his Tutorial videos :facepalm:
wait... a member made tutorial videos??

bahahahahahahahahaha. I'm getting the popcorn, this is going to be great!

My comment was to Lou_King_.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Yeaaah, that is a big part of what I enjoy on camsites. I have a money-fetish... not being sarcastic, I actually do. It's OK if you don't find that attractive 👍. Anyway, I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, so I'll stop making any questions or mention anything related with tips and money. I would like to latter on ask about not tipping and stereotypes of members (I'm starting to discover on this forum that that type of stereotypes actually exist, and "the not tipping for services rendered" really is a new concept for me... I did here it mentioned extensively on the Cam Girlz documentary), but that will be to satisfy my own curiosity. I learn things here and I enjoy that; I hope to continue doing so.

If anyone wants to tip me or my peers... we'll accept it every day. C'ya!

I just visited a room where the moderator was displaying the kind of behaviour that personally puts me off staying.
View attachment 93642

Yeah, this is a prime example of how not to be a moderator. This type of behavior will lose models money as members will skip past rooms as soon as they read this sort of drivel.

:yikes:

Basically the model is just the mod's boss and should direct what he wants from him (she/her). But mostly the model is just new at everything so the mod gives lots of advise. Finally this mutual cooperation can turn into a nice friendship. But the main thing is the mod needs to remember he's just the help.

BONGACAMS

Sounds the best worded, with no objections

CHATURBATE
"Other duties include:
  • encouraging users to tip (No its very rude.. Viewers are there for the model, not a moderator telling them what to do.)
  • thanking viewers that tip broadcasters (No, its not hard for a bot on chaturbate to do this, dont need someone doing it / and bad appearance again if its done / they paid the model not the moderator)
  • letting viewers know about the broadcaster’s goal (Nope, its there, they can read it themselves)
  • answering repetitive questions from viewers" (We usually limit stupid chat, by only non-greys can type, ETC)
Some models just moderator all regular's so they have access to the PM function.

STRIPCHAT

I dont mod stripchat enough, so no comment.

I moderate on the girlfriends platforms.

Thanks in advance!

As in the pretty purple above.

Reactions: Steve__
Status
Not open for further replies.