AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird Food Combinations that Are "Normal" to you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I randomly thought about this earlier and I am unsure why.

I remember when I was growing up, my mother would eat Banana Sandwiches. I am not sure exactly what she had in it, but it was bread with chopped banana inside (maybe just butter inside, I honestly don't know).
I can remember when I was younger I tried it a few times, and despite liking both bread and banana individually or with other things, this to me was not something I enjoyed or could ever do so.
To me, this was a bizarre combination. I kind of feel like I want to try it now as an adult to see if I will enjoy it or if I will still think "WTF".

I believe this combination, along with adding other things in the sandwich is quite common here for some older people, I think people born in the 50/60s.

I am curious, are there any little or big combinations of food you, your family, your friends, or your country as a whole eat it's "normal" but to the rest of the world, it's most likely weird?

(They started doing adverts for Crisp Sandwiches for a specific chain takeaway (SubWay), as if it is they who have invented this, even though it's something I did as a kid, and the advert for it is stupid, making out people who do it are some gross subhuman).
Not sure if other countries do "crisp sandwiches" but it was so common here and so tasty - so many different combinations to choose from - yummy.

Reactions: inertvolcano
we did banana sandwiches and chip (crisp) sandwiches as kids in NZ.

Canned spaghetti on toast is also a super common breakfast there in the 80s/90s.

The one that everyone always looks at me weird for but that my family did was tomato sauce (ketchup is closer to it than american tomato sauce) on mac n cheese. It's still how I eat it today.

im from pittsburgh and we have steak salads. they are the shit. basically cut up pieces of steak and fries in a salad. i like ranch in mine. :F

Cheese sandwiches. White bread, mayonnaise, and American cheese. Maybe with salt and black pepper. I grew up poor and this wasn't nutritious at all, but it was cheap.

Instant ramen, but instead of making it like a soup, cook the noodles and then mix the noodles with the seasoning packet and butter.

Putting ketchup on scrambled eggs.

One thing they do in my region that I haven't seen much outside of it is breakfast pizza. Pizza dough with cheese, scrambled eggs, and toppings like bacon or breakfast sausage on it. If I go a couple hours in any direction nobody makes it.

hehe Colombia is full of weird (to the rest of the world) food combinations. But, I will not tell tales on them.

In Australia crisp (we just call them chips) sandwiches or on a fresh white bread roll were, and still are I imagine, common. Likewise a banana sandwich would not be considered odd here either.

1662511347188.pngI think maybe one of the "Universal" things that we do in Oz that no-one else "gets" or does is probably "fairy bread". Basically for kids at birthday parties. White bread buttered and then covered, (pressed into the butter) with 100s and 1000s (you know, the fine coloured sugar sprinkles for cooking)

When I was younger, my mum used to sprinkle salt on apple when she ate it (something that is common in Colombia I discovered!).

I personally love to eat a specific brand of "BBQ flavoured" chips (crisps for the Brits amongst us) with vanilla ice cream either using the chips as a spoon or crushing them and stirring them through the ice cream to eat with a spoon (sometimes in the latter scenario, chocolate coated peanuts will be added to the mix)

Also a personal thing is Vegemite (it IS different to Marmite!!! ;) ) and peanut butter (crunchy always!) together on a thickly buttered absolutely fresh bread roll. This combination can also be eaten on freshly buttered toast!

hehe Colombia is full of weird (to the rest of the world) food combinations. But, I will not tell tales on them.

In Australia crisp (we just call them chips) sandwiches or on a fresh white bread roll were, and still are I imagine, common. Likewise a banana sandwich would not be considered odd here either.

View attachment 93626I think maybe one of the "Universal" things that we do in Oz that no-one else "gets" or does is probably "fairy bread". Basically for kids at birthday parties. White bread buttered and then covered, (pressed into the butter) with 100s and 1000s (you know, the fine coloured sugar sprinkles for cooking)

When I was younger, my mum used to sprinkle salt on apple when she ate it (something that is common in Colombia I discovered!).

I personally love to eat a specific brand of "BBQ flavoured" chips (crisps for the Brits amongst us) with vanilla ice cream either using the chips as a spoon or crushing them and stirring them through the ice cream to eat with a spoon (sometimes in the latter scenario, chocolate coated peanuts will be added to the mix)

Also a personal thing is Vegemite (it IS different to Marmite!!! ;) ) and peanut butter (crunchy always!) together on a thickly buttered absolutely fresh bread roll. This combination can also be eaten on freshly buttered toast!

I feel like I have seen or had that Fairy Bread before, although I have a question, by "butter" do you mean the same thing as what you would use in a regular sandwich?
I would have assumed this would be Bread, ICING (not butter), and then dipped into the 100s and 1000s... regular old butter is the very odd thing in this for me lol. But it does look amazing, and I wouldn't say no (I have been known to lick the butter from the knife :rofl: :rofl: .. as an adult)

Reactions: Ozzie_
I feel like I have seen or had that Fairy Bread before, although I have a question, by "butter" do you mean the same thing as what you would use in a regular sandwich?
I would have assumed this would be Bread, ICING (not butter), and then dipped into the 100s and 1000s... regular old butter is the very odd thing in this for me lol. But it does look amazing, and I wouldn't say no (I have been known to lick the butter from the knife :rofl: :rofl: .. as an adult)
Nope.. butter! It's an open sandwich mate, gotta be butter :rofl:

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
I don't know if that counts but I add pepper to literally every savory food that i eat, and that includes pizza, soup and grilled cheese. I have my little beloved pepper sauce collection and I always have a spicy sauce that goes with anything.

Another thing that I do that sounds weird but it's actually common practice in Japan is to eat mochi with soy sauce and sugar. It's very popular among the nipo-brazilian community and pretty much my favorite food.

Oh and this is also common practice here but most Americans find it weird: avocado with sugar. A delight!

The thing is it's hard to know if your local plates are actually weird if no one tells you 🤔.

Is chopping everything left from lunch, adding eggs, and mixing everything together weird?

How about a bowl with a wide variety of fruits, cream, ice cream, short strips of cheese, and mulberry sauce?

Now, I did came up with a sandwich using pound cake instead of bread: one loaf, ham, cheese, and another loaf (a simple sandwich... I know), and it has to be hot so the cheese stretches when I take a bite! My parent's thought it was weird, but my wife is more supportive ;)

Is chopping everything left from lunch, adding eggs, and mixing everything together weird?
I do this every other day! A great solution for a quick leftover recycling

I guess I’m not that weird because two of mine have already been mentioned in this thread. I absolutely love putting ketchup on eggs (especially scrambled). My dad used to put fried eggs on bread with ketchup and we’d eat it like a sandwich.

I also used to eat chip sandwiches in high school, but not much these days. My go-to was a peanut butter sandwich with normal salted potato chips on it. Smushing the chips into the peanut butter was honestly half the fun.

Ever had a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it? That’s become pretty common where I live, but I can’t bring myself to try it. It’s probably good.
It's incredibly common here. We call it cheese egg (became x-egg because the way "cheese" is pronounced with our accent is very similar to how we say the letter x lol)

On another note...one thing that i just can't go along with is peanut butter and jelly. It's just too weird! The sandwich talk reminded me of how common it it in the US... I just can't find it tasty.

It's incredibly common here. We call it cheese egg (became x-egg because the way "cheese" is pronounced with our accent is very similar to how we say the letter x lol)

On another note...one thing that i just can't go along with is peanut butter and jelly. It's just too weird! The sandwich talk reminded me of how common it it in the US... I just can't find it tasty.

I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but what I can’t stand is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. They call that sandwich a “Fluffernutter” and it’s terrible.

Ever had a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it? That’s become pretty common where I live, but I can’t bring myself to try it. It’s probably good.
Oh! OMG, I had not realised that the Aussie Burger "with the lot" would be one of these strange combo things:

Aussie "Works" burger (AKA Burger with the lot):
* Normal burger which in Australia has salad on it (lettuce, tomato, maybe even grated carrot) Plus:
* Beetroot (actually this is a part of a normal burger)
* Fried Egg
* Cheese
* Bacon
* Pineapple

It requires at least two hands to hold, and possibly a bath / shower afterwards from the juices running down to your elbows!

1. Vegemite and honey spread on hot-buttered toast.
2. Toasted sandwiches of hot dogs, monterey jack cheese and peanut butter - it's an amzing flavour comination.
3. Scrambled eggs with chopped fresh chilis and worcestershire sauce.

1. Vegemite and honey spread on hot-buttered toast.
2. Toasted sandwiches of hot dogs, monterey jack cheese and peanut butter - it's an amzing flavour comination.
3. Scrambled eggs with chopped fresh chilis and worcestershire sauce.
Hmm.... I am intrigued by 1 & 2.

3 I am sure would be great.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Hmm.... I am intrigued by 1 & 2.

3 I am sure would be great.
let me know if you do try them! 1 is amazing, 2 I'm sure isn't for everyone but any cheese that melts would work, like good ol' Bega. I make them using a sandwich press, and slice the hot dogs into thinner strips otherwise the balance of flavours is off.

Reactions: Ozzie_

I always get confused or can't remember, but is the US "jelly" the same as Uk "Jam"? I have definitely never tried "Jelly (jam?)" with Peanut Butter. I would try it once though, maybe I should do that sometime soon - add it to my list of things to try (so far I also have a few other little things like Sushi, Lobster, General Reese Cereal)

I always get confused or can't remember, but is the US "jelly" the same as Uk "Jam"?

We have jam in the U.S. too, and it’s very similar to jelly (not sure if the definitions are exactly the same in UK though). Jam is a little more gooey and usually has some texture to it. Jelly has a very similar taste to jam, except it’s more rigid (almost like Jell-O but more sticky). We use jelly and jam interchangeably on sandwiches, toast etc.

For us, Jam is what you get in a jar and you have it on sandwiches, scones, and cakes.
Jelly is something you would add water to and eat with something like Ice Cream (popular with kids and at kids birthday parties)

Yeah they gots jam, jello and jelly here. They are fucking fancy.

They call what we call jelly, jello. Then they call this weird stuff jelly, that I don't think we even have back in the old world (lol).
I don't even know what that stuff is, it still freaks me out (the stuff that is called jelly in the US).
I'm sure as Hell not putting it anywhere near a slice of bread or toast, that's for sure!

Here in the south I have heard several people mention a "pineapple and mayo" sandwich, yes its apparently a thing, no I have not tried it, one of you braver folk can give it a try and report back.

I don't enjoy pineapple on a pizza so I am sure not doing this haha.
I can see why they would do it, but not in a sandwich. I mean, mayo or garlic mayo with pizza is amazing, so dipping a pineapple pizza into some would be good too (assuming you like pineapple on pizza) but in a sandwich, that one is beyond me

My grandmother used to make a fruit salad with mayonnaise. It was one of those recipes from the 60s like jello molds. It was an acquired taste, but I can see it working between a couple slices of bread.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lou_King_
My grandmother used to make a fruit salad with mayonnaise. It was one of those recipes from the 60s like jello molds. It was an acquired taste, but I can see it working between a couple slices of bread.
Sounds yum to me. Same w pineapple and Mayo sand which Although I would be inclined to add cheese also

Status
Not open for further replies.