AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are any CB Models using the Chatursafe feature?

  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
9,288
20
12,138
161
Hey everyone! Just curious who has been using the Chatursafe settings we have to enable ourselves. I'm a little confounded by the whole thing and would like to ask some questions and support isn't answering me (my question was vague and of no real importance so no big deal).

Like how often is the log cleared?
Have you allowed any trusted users?
Do you have it set for public and private?

Have you noticed a drop in participation in chat that you perceive part of this system and apropos of nothing else going on on site?
Any complaints about getting notifications from users?

Thanks for reading!
 
  • Like
Reactions: stormythunder
I use it, it's a little hit and miss, it managed to stop a guy talking about how sad he was that dolly died but his dead dog was fine.
Heres the settings I have
1791244308286.png
1791244339375.png
1791244372514.png
1791244397107.png
Just bumped regulated content to high

As for chatting, no real impact although my room has been quiet, some of the guys get a bit like "this filter is annoying af" because it's flagging on something that it dosnt need to, but it works well, when I check the logs 90% of the time it's doing what I want.
 
it's a little hit and miss
I was playing around with words and I was like well this isn't that strict at all until I got to the big stuff like rape, murder, etc. I'm just having a hard time deciding which to use -- their blocked word list on the settings panel or the Chatursafe settings and just hope for the best.
 
  • Like
Reactions: stormythunder
I was playing around with words and I was like well this isn't that strict at all until I got to the big stuff like rape, murder, etc. I'm just having a hard time deciding which to use -- their blocked word list on the settings panel or the Chatursafe settings and just hope for the best.
I never messed around with custom lists, just whatever the site sets, for the most part idgf about what people say though as long as it's not gonna get me banned.
 
I haven't really been keeping track of the stats but I have it for public and it's stopped people from requesting not-allowed things in tip notes. I always know because they're all "read my tip note" but for me it's completely blank because chatursafe blocked whatever it was.
 
I haven't really been keeping track of the stats but I have it for public and it's stopped people from requesting not-allowed things in tip notes. I always know because they're all "read my tip note" but for me it's completely blank because chatursafe blocked whatever it was.
I'm not sure that has anything to do with Chatursafe user enabled settings because there is a greyed out tab for tip notes with "coming soon."

CB started blocking tip notes with PayPal asks in the text years ago.
 
ChaturSafe has had a huge overall positive impact on the site. Every broadcaster is automatically using the "Trust & Safety" filter it even if the "Text Moderation" filter is disabled. The veritable deluge of spam (Snapchat, etc.) that was taking up so much time and energy last year and the beginning of this year is practically non-existent now.

There are still a few false positives that are annoying -- like saying to someone you know that you'll write to them on Telegram later will often be blocked -- but generally they can be worked around on a second or third attempt to rephrase the message, and that's fine as it's a small cost compared to the overall benefit.
 
ChaturSafe has had a huge overall positive impact on the site. Every broadcaster is automatically using the "Trust & Safety" filter it even if the "Text Moderation" filter is disabled. The veritable deluge of spam (Snapchat, etc.) that was taking up so much time and energy last year and the beginning of this year is practically non-existent now.

There are still a few false positives that are annoying -- like saying to someone you know that you'll write to them on Telegram later will often be blocked -- but generally they can be worked around on a second or third attempt to rephrase the message, and that's fine as it's a small cost compared to the overall benefit.
Are you a broadcaster?
 
I've always wondered if the report where you give it thumbs up or down allows it to learn to what you like/dislike in your chat or not? I didn't like it at first as a lot of very non threatening things where being taken as threats, but since then I've customized the settings a little and it's been better. I think the thing I love most about it has really cleaned up a lot of drug chat and chatting about reaching me on other platforms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vixxen81
I've always wondered if the report where you give it thumbs up or down allows it to learn to what you like/dislike in your chat or not? I didn't like it at first as a lot of very non threatening things where being taken as threats, but since then I've customized the settings a little and it's been better. I think the thing I love most about it has really cleaned up a lot of drug chat and chatting about reaching me on other platforms.
Do you have the drugs part on a high or moderate or low setting?
 
Do you have the drugs part on a high or moderate or low setting?
turns out, I have violent threats and hostile language turned off. Everything else is on low.

1791318495863.png
edited to show proper dark mode 😜 lol
 
Hey everyone! Just curious who has been using the Chatursafe settings we have to enable ourselves. I'm a little confounded by the whole thing and would like to ask some questions and support isn't answering me (my question was vague and of no real importance so no big deal).

Like how often is the log cleared?
Have you allowed any trusted users?
Do you have it set for public and private?

Have you noticed a drop in participation in chat that you perceive part of this system and apropos of nothing else going on on site?
Any complaints about getting notifications from users?

Thanks for reading!
These are mine:
1791357654073.png
Everything else is set on high. I've had messages filtered from all categories except Finances and Politics.

I don't mind the false positives, they're at least fewer than the true ones. So decent job sorting what it catches. If anything, I'd say it still lets many things go through. I have found myself more than once thinking that a particular message should have been filtered but wasn't.

No trusted viewers, and the same rules are set for public and private.

I like dark mode for the streaming page, but I think the actual cam looks better in light mode--my humble opinion.