AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new grey user regulation?

  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Oct 24, 2024
5
2
16
Hi Everyone,
i currently notice a lot less spam traffic by grey users in all model accounts. Usually they flood the chat with their "fantasies" and weird "compliments"... But not these days.

I already asked some models if the activated any grey-filters but they denied.

Has there been a change in any algorithm? I read in the changelog about the increase of the word blocking list, but none of the models did set up that either.

I'm just curious what suddenly happened so the chats are way more enjoyable now.

Greetings, Matt
 
Hi Everyone,
i currently notice a lot less spam traffic by grey users in all model accounts. Usually they flood the chat with their "fantasies" and weird "compliments"... But not these days.

I already asked some models if the activated any grey-filters but they denied.

Has there been a change in any algorithm? I read in the changelog about the increase of the word blocking list, but none of the models did set up that either.

I'm just curious what suddenly happened so the chats are way more enjoyable now.

Greetings, Matt
It seems to be dependent on which room you are in. I still see many gray users making demands, directing models, and just being generally stupid in rooms.
 
Upvote 0
Same here, but i seem to see it mostly in new models rooms, that seems to be where many flock to, or to larger rooms.
Yes I am really curious to see how this will change for me about mid-next week when my "new model" badge disappears. Because it seems Stripchat suggests new models very differently.
 
Upvote 0
Just in case someone reading along doesn't know, there is an option to prevent greys from chatting in your room completely:
Go to your Broadcast Center --> My Show Controls --> Who Can Chat --> Select "Users who have bought tokens or subscriptions"
I must say the banned words feature is generally a much better way to regulate this. At least for me I feel. Most of the most frustrating room-disturbing grey users write about the same things.
 
Upvote 0
Just in case someone reading along doesn't know, there is an option to prevent greys from chatting in your room completely:
Go to your Broadcast Center --> My Show Controls --> Who Can Chat --> Select "Users who have bought tokens or subscriptions"
Last I knew it did not work so well. All it did was keep the model from seeing gray names chat but everyone in the room could still see it. Did they fix this? It's been awhile since any model I knight for has tried to use it.
 
Upvote 0
I must say the banned words feature is generally a much better way to regulate this. At least for me I feel. Most of the most frustrating room-disturbing grey users write about the same things.

I agree that the banned words feature is also useful to have on any cam site, however I definitely don't consider it better than the 'preventing greys from chatting' feature.

Imo the banned words feature should be used in addition to shutting up those greys...not instead of.

Be Quiet Go Away GIF by Ryn Dean
 
Upvote 0
Yes I am really curious to see how this will change for me about mid-next week when my "new model" badge disappears. Because it seems Stripchat suggests new models very differently.
The gray users target models with the "new" tag because they do not think a new model knows how to use "ban" or "mute" on the site. Also some new models do not understand gray users have no tokens and end up doing request/demands of gray users not understanding they will not get tipped.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ScaredMan
Upvote 0
I agree that the banned words feature is also useful to have on any cam site, however I definitely don't consider it better than the 'preventing greys from chatting' feature.

Imo the banned words feature should be used in addition to shutting up those greys...not instead of.

Be Quiet Go Away GIF by Ryn Dean
I suspect it depends a bit on what kind of visitors you get and how they usually interact in the room. In my case, I feel I get a few grey "EX-token" users who keep the room less quiet and get themselves interested and frequently buy tokens to get more attention. And then run out of tokens and back to grey again. :) But if that's not the interaction you get from them, I absolutely understand why you mute them completely instead.
 
Upvote 0
I suspect it depends a bit on what kind of visitors you get and how they usually interact in the room. In my case, I feel I get a few grey "EX-token" users who keep the room less quiet and get themselves interested and frequently buy tokens to get more attention. And then run out of tokens and back to grey again. :) But if that's not the interaction you get from them, I absolutely understand why you mute them completely instead.
You are always going to have a less intrusive/badgering experience than women do because you are a man. Please keep that in mind.
 
Upvote 0
I suspect it depends a bit on what kind of visitors you get and how they usually interact in the room. In my case, I feel I get a few grey "EX-token" users who keep the room less quiet and get themselves interested and frequently buy tokens to get more attention. And then run out of tokens and back to grey again. :) But if that's not the interaction you get from them, I absolutely understand why you mute them completely instead.

I mute them because I'm a smart woman who sees there's no benefit to me to have them talk, and I'm not wasting my time/energy interacting with people who will likely never spend a dime on me no matter how fun/sexy/cool/sweet/etc. they find me. That whole "Aw, well I'll be nice and let greys talk just during my 2-week "new model" period" way of thinking I had years ago...lmao. That was sweet and all, but no... 😂

And greys should not have the same privileges as members with tokens who spend. Greys already have the privilege of camping out in models' rooms for hours at a time. They need to be happy with that and be quiet. If not, they're more than welcome to level up and spend.


You are always going to have a less intrusive/badgering experience than women do because you are a man. Please keep that in mind.

THAT part!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mute them because I'm a smart woman who sees there's no benefit to me to have them talk, and I'm not wasting my time/energy interacting with people who will likely never spend a dime on me no matter how fun/sexy/cool/sweet/etc. they find me. That whole "Aw, well I'll be nice and let greys talk just during my 2-week "new model" period" way of thinking I had years ago...lmao. That was sweet and all, but no... 😂
Did you see a bump in more spenders after muting greys too?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ScaredMan
Upvote 0
Did you see a bump in more spenders after muting greys too?

I feel like the little amount I made on there, I probably wouldn’t have even received that if I’d allowed greys to take over the chat. Lol. So yeah, probably? And I’d still recommend muting greys regardless of increased earnings.

I don’t go live on SC anymore, and remember struggling with room topic goals due to members often tipping me one token at a time…with very few tipping for a flash. So it’d take me days just to make the $20 minimum for payout (Boleyn Models daily pay). I’m not sitting in free chat for more than a few hours at a time to earn pennies.

I loved the fun SC tip sounds though (especially when receiving an occasional larger tip)…the support reps ❤️ …and the nice feature of receiving your full private show token minimum amount (I think for a 5-minute duration?), even if the guy bails too soon.
 
Upvote 0