AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

''Why I can't make it?!''

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2013
Found it in another forum. Posting it here for girls who try hard but still stick somewhere in the bottom of the site :)
I won't comment it, this post says Everything.

''Yeah girls set high goals for the public cumshows. Usually 4000 tokens. But only the top models ever reach those goals. The rest of the girls sit there waiting hours for the tips but end up logging off half way through.

The tops girls have rich guy regulars who like to compete with each other who can tip the most. It's like some male ego thing.

You ever been addicted to a chatroom before? It's like that. I think most of them couldn't give a shit about the model. They only go in because they have other premium friends in there who make the experience much more fun... I can only really compare it to a bunch of lads meeting up at the pub. They dont like the pub much, but they like the company and the banter and they like to show off who earns the most money by buying the most girls a drink... even though they have no interest in taking her home... well the top models rooms are like that. You'll see the rich guys in there everynight, greeting each other like best buds, discussing who gave the biggest tip last month, and declaring they will beat it soon. They will pay high tokens (1000ish) just for their names on the models mirror/wall/profile page, which is silly really. They buy about 700 raffle tickets (i fucking hate raffles they just remind me of old people) but they don't even care if they win - they just want to be noticed. They won't go into the lower rated models rooms though (models who are actually doing really awesome amazing 1000% effort shows) because there's none of their mates there to see him drop the big tip. So the lower rated girls, no matter how good they are, will always struggle to reach the countdowns. And its swings&roundabouts then. Because the higher rated girl gets the tokens fastfastfast for her show - she gets the basics/guests&freeloaders in her room the most (because the cheapasses sit and hover over the most popular rooms list) and that leads to more and more 'small tips' from randomers, who happened across her when she had a dildo in her fanny. This then in turn means the lower tippers don't have tips left to spend on the lower rated models.
So all in all.
I quit MFC.

PS
Even if you are super fucking hot with an amazing personality and a totally fun room. The most you'll probably end up with is a bunch of broke ass guys who hang in your room all day everyday telling you how much they love you and telling other guys to tip you... even though they only ever tipped you 25 tokens in the space of 6 months !!! it's like they think you can pay your bills with compliments. most think we hang out on mfc to be exhibitionists... they THINK we LIKE being on there... and they think we will stick around and CHAT after 2 hours and only 90 TOKENS (from other people!!) towards the topless countdown..

AND

then when you say "DOESNT ANYONE WANT TO SEE MY BOOBS?" they think that "not really we just like chatting to you darling =)" is a fucking brilliant thing to say.

This is the kind of traffic I got 100% of the time. That site is awful, unless you have a promo team or get lucky. Why do people even bother with it anymore? ''

I think MFC just isnt for every cam girl. It wasnt for me - I dont have the patience to build a following on there.(No patience for the time it takes or for the BS that I was dealing with) Had I had the patience I think I would have eventually built a following.....but one day I thought about it and realized - I didn't like camming on MFC. It's not for everyone. So I sat down and figured it out - I could try Streamate.... or I could go another avenue and try sinking all my attentions into my Clips store. So I decided with my time restraints to go for the Clips store - and I am thriving, and LOVING IT. Not making the big bucks by far yet - but I am building a following, on my own time.

Camming is not easy. MFC is not easy...... so I guess what I am saying is if you arent making it on MFC, try new avenues...new cam sites or go a completely different direction. When you love what you are doing the money will follow, but you have to be patient.

!!

I hear that the person who wrote this wrote this from a place of extreme frustration. I understand the need to rant, scream and yell at things when they frustrate us, and I'm not saying these feelings are invalid.

But I do want to discuss a couple of points she makes during this rant.

I think the attitude she has is probably a large part of why she did not succeed on MFC.

She is essentially RIGHT about a lot of things, about competitiveness and socialization being a MAJOR factor in who is successful on MFC.

MY response to that though, is that you can't sit there and be ANGRY at MFC for being what it is. It just IS this way. If you go in selling a product THAT does NOT have a few of these key elements, that 'buyers' want on MFC...then well can you really blame anyone but yourself for your lack of success? My response when I figured out MFC was social and competitive was "Oh, cool! How can i figure out ways to make MY room social, and competitive too!" and i went out, brainstormed and did that.

As a new model, that meant bringing a small but dedicatd little bunch of friends from another adult forum I hung out on. For about 2-3 weeks.. these guys were my CORE base when i started. They all new each other, they were basics but a few went prem for me, and i let basics talk..and my room was a cool place for them and their buddies to hang out for a few weeks. THey drifted off within 1-2 months, but by then.. there were already others that had become regulars, replacing them. They were my kickstart. They made my room seem like a fun social place to hang out. And it actually became that.

Gradually I have come up with different forms of competitions, either between myself and other models or between members that drive that competitive tipping that so many members enjoy.

There are many ways to be successful on MFC. A smart model will try to hit as many as she can, while still delivering a cohesive and quality show/package to those in her chat.

Someone who isn't smart, will throw a tantrum when the site is not what she wants it to be... and blame the site for not providing a market for what she happens to be selling.

Now im NOT saying that models don't bend over backwards and try their best on MFC and do everything they can think of to market themselves successfully and for whatever reason, luck, or a lack of compatibility - fail on the site. And I do understand this is incredibly frustrating. That's why you have back up plans. Multiple ones.

My clips4sale sits there right now at around $200-$300 a month passive income for me.
If MFC begins to go south for me, I will immediately launch into clips4sale FULL TIME... Iv'e done a fair bit of research into the site, I've begun making contacts that are successful in the site, and i've dug out a little foot hold there which I can turn into something bigger if I need to.

For anyone that's feeling this way about MFC.. try and take a deep breath and figure out if a social environment, one in which thrives on competitiveness - is one you can work in. Are you someone that can create a social place to hang out, for members? can you create a sense of community around your brand? will you enjoy this (because yes, contrary to this persons post, I actually do LIKE being on MFC most of the time)

Because that's what MFC is. Its what it has been in my 3 yrs on the site. It has evolved, changed, but the core elements that make MFC a successful and different site are the same. And if you're coming onto it expecting it to conform to what YOU want it to be, you will find yourself shit out of luck. MFC offers great latitude in creativity for its models. But it also is very easy to fall on your face because the structure that has evolved is so loose.. so fluid, and so market driven.

My very long and rambly 2c.

I can't disagree with what the OP said. It is very hard for a model to just show up and get noticed with no other resources. If you can line up unpaid help like Lolli did, you are way ahead of the game. Not everyone has that kind of network behind them

Anyway, it should come as no surprise to anyone who reads the forum that MFC isn't for everyone. Even some models who did manage to develop a following like Kitty ended finding they did better elsewhere.

Keep in mind that all those girls that you see at the top today busted their asses to get there. We all start at 1000 camscore. Mine went even as low as 800. Camming is not a get rich fast scheme, you have to work on building your community.

I found that I did a lot better once I stopped watching other models too and started being more positive about what I do.

Yikes, this is so bitter. It's one thing to dislike a website, but another to put down the people who are making it work. She's criticizing the members, calling them silly and saying big tippers are just showing off (as opposed to being genuinely generous)... I really dislike when people tell others how to spend their money.

She's also criticizing models, saying you have to be lucky to be successful, and that the members really don't care about you in particular. Sure, some of the top models just got lucky, but I bet you most of them worked their asses off. Just look on mycamgirl.net, plenty of the top girls now had camscores below 1000 at one point. (EDIT: ahhh Kickaz got to this first haha)

Meh. Some of the points in the post aren't bad, but they could be much more eloquently worded. At this point she's just jealously lashing out.

Sevrin said:
I can't disagree with what the OP said. It is very hard for a model to just show up and get noticed with no other resources. If you can line up unpaid help like Lolli did, you are way ahead of the game. Not everyone has that kind of network behind them

Anyway, it should come as no surprise to anyone who reads the forum that MFC isn't for everyone. Even some models who did manage to develop a following like Kitty ended finding they did better elsewhere.

It wasn't hard. I had been on an adult forum posting nudes in a thread for a while.. maybe 2-3 months. I'm talking maybe 20 nude pics with my webcam, and a few ppl I chatted to via PM on that forum...
A few members of the site pming me... made a few connections. When i got ready to cam i posted in the thread, and sent a message to the 10 or so people that i'd been messaging back and forth with.

It's really.. not hard to bring a 'fanclub'
Start a twitter, post some nudes, talk to the people that follow you...
Get on an adult forum
Fetlife
a blog site
livejournal..
any community.. really

im only talking about maybe 5 guys that were willing to conversate in the chat room.

I know kayleepond had a tumblr following before she started on MFC - i know this because DukeCityGent followed her. He comes running in all excited "Remember that really hot geeky tumblr chick I showed you?? She's starting MFC!!!!"

Sure enough, he was excited to be in her room on her first day on cam which I noticd she was careful to mention on tumblr several times before she began.

I'm not saying its the ONLY strategy that works, but its a really good example of how you can TAKE what MFC sells and figure out a way to get yourself a big boost.

I agree with the responses - its a bitter bitter post. The core is correct (mfc is a social site, one that snowballs success and spirals down with lack of success) but she makes it sound like the models at the top have done nothing to achieve that, and acts like MFC being what it is is somehow unfair to her as a person. It's very simply, a tough site. It always has been, it always will be. It's also one with one of the highest earnings per hr potential. Risk...reward. ALl that jazz.

You mentioned you don't like being on there in the first place, so that probably has something to do with why you don't like MFC. It isn't for everyone, it is a very social site. I've only been on there for about two weeks so I'm certainly not an expert but from my time on there I've noticed patience is key! Especially as a new model, members want to make sure you're worth their time. There are thousands of models on at any given point of the day, maybe you're not their cup of tea. That doesn't mean you aren't someone else's.

All in all, I enjoy the company on MFC, it isn't all about the money for me. I like to chat with the members too. But to each its own and I do wish you luck with whatever site/different path you choose!

Reactions: ComicOzzie
I didn't do particularly awesome on MFC for the time I was there.

It wasn't because the site was stupid or anything, but because it didn't suit my personal style, which I did not want to change at the time.
MFC isn't made for everyone, just like any other cam site isn't made for everyone.

If it doesn't suit you, you can either
A:work harder, change your style, and force it to over time.
or
B:Change sites to one that fits your style better.

Being angry at the site does nothing to help you unless they did something outright to wrong you such as nonpayment.

In the end its up to you to make a decision and do it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Quick, somebody call the waaahmbulance! :-D

Seriously though, what the poopage? The author of the screed quoted by the OP sounds very bitter and seemingly unable to accept accountability for their own failures. Of course there's an element of luck in becoming a successful cam girl (being born with the right looks, having the right members find you at the right time, etc. etc.) but there's also this work ethic thing that probably factors in somewhere.

And personality probably helps. And the way a model markets herself is feasibly, possibly a factor. And building a rapport with her regulars... I guess maybe that has a small effect. Or maybe catering to a niche market. I guess that could be a contributing factor to a cam girl's success too. Or experimenting with different hours to see what works and what doesn't. Maybe researching things like camscore and the market could be of benefit too. I suppose producing videos that people want to buy could influence things as well. And maybe coming up with prizes for raffle contests that people want to win would be a good thing... wait. what's that? Raffles are shit and only for the elderly? Oh. My bad.

And... wait, all this stuff is ultimately pointless because a cam girl's success is solely attributable to how many rich members find her and decide to use her room as the homebase for their pissing contest? Oh. I guess... what? All cam girls who aren't a success are unfairly maligned by the thousands of MFC members who shun them for completely arbitrary reasons and it positively, absolutely has nothing to do with those models maybe not being cut out to be cam girls? Well, shit. Allow me to retort, yo :?

Miss_Lollipop said:
Sevrin said:

It wasn't hard. I had been on an adult forum posting nudes in a thread for a while.. maybe 2-3 months. I'm talking maybe 20 nude pics with my webcam, and a few ppl I chatted to via PM on that forum...
Considering how popular camming seems to have become in the last 2 or so years, it makes sense that a lot of girls who are trying it out are finding it "hard". I really wonder how many of these girls are really just completely unprepared for it, jump into it without any research/pre-existing presence on any adult forum and get pissed off at the site that it isn't as easy as they imagined. They watch the top 20 girls (whom as Kickaz mentioned have worked hard and worked their way up to have it as "easy**" as they do), then they think to themselves "omg all I have to do is log on and ask for tokens to be naked then dildo myself! SWEET!"

** (of course I have to put an asterisk by this word because majority of us know that it isn't easy. But to a newcomer, it appears they just sit there and get money for nothing.)

For me it was a combination of things: preparedness, a bit of luck, and a little of the "x factor" I think. I did some research, I made myself an online presence on a sexy adult related Twitter, made some connections, THEN started on cam. Luck because I fell into it when "girl next door" type American girls were not around in such high numbers, so I lucked out on timing and had a few big tippers right off the bat that helped my score. X factor because I feel completely blessed with some physical assets that draw in a crowd. Having a curvy body, natural huge boobs and a bouncy butt definitely helped. But if I didn't know the most flattering way to flaunt them, I'd have a tougher time.

Then once I started, I was CONSISTENT. I logged on nearly every single day for my first few months.

It takes work. Before and during. Now, we don't know the original poster of this since OP claims it was copied from another forum, so we can't just assume she hasn't tried. But as others have said, if she didn't actually enjoy being on MFC, there's a good chance she was a part of the problem. Not the top models or the big tippers in their rooms.

I like to believe we create our own luck. If we are proactive and do the right things, have the right attitude we are more likely to attract success and members that will tip us.

Also a smart man once said "success is 90% hard work (smart work) and 10% talent (includes also beauty in our industry)

I think a girl's expectations going into it are a big factor. If you start out camming and NEED the money really bad, I think it's too much pressure and will come through in your room interactions. I researched camming first but already had a part time job and student loans so I was surviving, just not comfortably. The Roomate (my BF) had watched it before and knew that the top girls had big followings that they had gathered over time, so prepared me to not have high expectations. I would've been happy if I even got an extra $100 out of it when I started! I think that lack of pressure made me be able to really enjoy it and not be desperate for tokens, which in my opinion, scares guys off sometimes. :twocents-02cents:

The luck thing is definitely a factor! I think I just found the right regs soon enough into me starting and we just clicked and now kind of help each other to make the room a fun place to be.

While the OP's post was super bitter and assumed the worst (inaccurately) about tons of things, I do get her frustration since when you're just starting out and watching top 20 girls it's so hard to see them get giant tips for seemingly doing nothing. It has taken alot of time to finally be able to recognize the amazingly hard work the top girls put into it and be happy for them instead of resentful for not having the same following. Happy Cam-travels, all!

WiskeyKisses said:
I think a girl's expectations going into it are a big factor. If you start out camming and NEED the money really bad, I think it's too much pressure and will come through in your room interaction

For me personally, it was the opposite. I think i would have half assed it if it hadn't been absolutely financially neccessary for me to double my earnings in 2 weeks for survival. Failure was NOT an option, so I hit it with every thing I had. I'm somebody who is motivated by pressure though...

attitude and effort definitely makes or breaks on MFC. My first two months I just stuck it out, where my room counts would sometimes go over 10 people and my goal for each show was 1000 tokens. Sometimes I'd make that goal and get really excited.

It seems quaint now in retrospect, but it was only three months ago! Like most models in the top 100, I spend a LOT of time on this job. Twitter is my big one, not just for members to follow me, but I follow a zillion models. I'm watching MFC all the time, getting ideas and trying to incorporate it into the Jessie125, who is me but has really taken on an entire life of her own.

I am sure there are some top ranked models that simply stumble into their success, but most of us have had to do a lot of study and trying to figure out this damned X Factor that makes a model hugely appealing (and the more I think about it, the less I believe it has anything to do with raw beauty).

Conclusion? Hard work and creativity can make just about anyone successful as a cam model. We have worldwide reach and there are nearly infinite tastes out there. So many niches to fill - you just have to find the one you fill, and then fill it well :)

Well, Nicole Hitman definately worked Her ass off to become top20 :p Especially that it's Her first month.. lol
(and You won't convince me about how pretty She is because I'll find You another 10 awesome girls in the middle of the site.)

Back to the point :D

Let me share what I've learnt during all those months. No matter if You're good looking, average or ugly, no matter what You wearing (or bein naked), You smiling or not, got HD cam or not, play games or just sit and wait for a miracle...If a member will want to tip You - he will, no matter what.

Anyway I do research all the time, I watch others. Once I asked a member about BustyAn. I asked him ''what make people tip to a girl who seems to be bored as hell, doing nothing except twirling on a chair and Her face is covered by Her hair most of the time?'' (Oh, please be sure that I warn Him to not get me wrong :p)
Know what He said? - ''I think it's a personal taste''.

So, 4 me, it's about 90% luck and 10% work.

Evelyn_Salt said:
Well, Nicole Hitman definately worked Her ass off to become top20 :p Especially that it's Her first month.. lol
(and You won't convince me about how pretty She is because I'll find You another 10 awesome girls in the middle of the site.)

Let me share what I've learnt during all those months. No matter if You're good looking, average or ugly, no matter what You wearing (or bein naked), You smiling or not, got HD cam or not, play games or just sit and wait for a miracle...If a member will want to tip You - he will, no matter what.

Anyway I do research all the time, I watch others. Once I asked a member about BustyAn. I asked him ''what make people tip to a girl who seems to be bored as hell, doing nothing except twirling on a chair and Her face is covered by Her hair most of the time?'' (Oh, please be sure that I warn Him to not get me wrong :p)

... 10% work.
Really??

Do you have any idea how much marketing, brainstorming, planning I do on things that my group will respond well to? that will bring in NEW tippers.

Members consistently tip me ONLY because I'm offering an amazing video deal, or something that appeals to their paticular 'hot button' (gambling, risk, status, value for money, hornyness)

All of those things take work.

I've never seen you evelyn on cam, but from your post... the reason its so much luck for you is because you're not working smart, and you care too much about what other models are doing.

This post is really starting to make me ragey and I haven't had any coffee.

Evelyn_Salt said:

One more reason they do so well is because they aren't jealous of other people's success.

Evelyn_Salt said:

I'd say it's closer to 80% hard work, perseverance, effective marketing, having the right content, etc. etc. etc.; and 20 % luck (you still need to luck out in the looks department and you still need the right members to find you before they wind up in someone else's room).

Your assertion that the way a model looks, or the way she runs her room, don't matter, doesn't really mesh with reality. If it did, we'd be able to take the top 100 models and the bottom 100 models and not be able to see any differences in the way they look, the presentation of their room, the way they engage their audience, the content they've made available, their attitudes, and so on and so forth.

While I'm sure the occasional model is lucky enough to coast by on her looks alone and not have to put in any effort to see the tokens roll in, and some models are fortunate enough to have a few competitive whale tippers find them on their first day and be set, the vast majority of cam girls have to work to build their brand, to produce content, to increase their pool of dependable regulars, to work on shows that members will pay to see, and blah and blah and blah. These things don't just fall into a cam girl's lap while she's sat there looking bored. She has to take the time and effort to achieve these things, ya know?

It's incredibly easy to look at your own circumstances when things aren't going your way, and construct this fallacy around you in which everybody who has succeeded where you failed only did so because they were lucky. It's a wee bit harder to take accountability for your own performance and accept that maybe other people have outperformed you because they're better at their job than you :twocents-02cents:

Evelyn_Salt said:
Nicole Hitman was in porn before she started on MFC. That's why she ksu rocketed. People know who she was before she logged on.

... 10% work.
Really??

Really.

Do you have any idea how much marketing, brainstorming, planning I do on things that my group will respond well to? that will bring in NEW tippers.

But how do You know You wouldn't be as successfull as You r if You just give a good chat to the room wearing nice red lingerie ? ;) I think Your regular and new ''fans'' tip because they like You.
When I try hard, dance to the music, shake my ass up and down, chat, talk to the audience, I have over 200 ppl in my room with lot of premiums. But when I put bra on and sit it drops to 25 members with 3-4 premiums :)
I heard many times what members think about low camscore girls. They don't deserve to be tipped cuz if they are lower on site it means something must be wrong with them. Jeez!
Unfortunately, but the girl who wrote what I quoted says truth :( I almost never finish my coundowns, no matter how hard I try. ''Hun You r so beautiful, If I only had tokens I would give all of them to You'' lol.. and it's like that at least 5 times a shift :D

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
But how do You know You wouldn't be as successfull as You r if You just give a good chat to the room wearing nice red lingerie ? ;) I think Your regular and new ''fans'' tip because they like You.
Because in my last 3 years I have tried 'just showing up'. In fact up until this week, that's pretty much what i've been doing minus one raffle this month. And .. my income is currently sitting at under 1/4 of what I made last month, when I planned, marketed, logged on every day, published a calendar with events, provided HUGE incentives to my regulars to tip, and promoted myself like crazy and participated in a top 50 run.

I've done the 'just show up' many times - off days, when ic an't be bothered etc. I get pretty, have good lighting but go in without anything to 'offer' beyond a countdown.

Once in a very blue moon it will pay off, (i get lucky and a huge tipper - someone who just likes me pops in) But 99% of the time I've tried just showing up in pretty lingerie and hanging out with "hey guys!! Here to hang out! Tips are awesome" in my topic, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Sometimes, it will go quiet even even when i have raffles and promotions going - I have to utilize one of the many tools i've developed over the years to 'jump start' my room. In my room I've found that when one person starts tipping, others often join in (group mentality) so I will often do a "first 10 tippers get a surprise" deal or something similar and it works.

How do I KNOW it works? because I've tried various different methods and this is one that works for me.

I've watched other models fail, and succeed for three years. I remember coming in kickaz's room when she was a lower camscore model and tipping because she was doing the MOST amazing paint show. It caught my attention more than the average girl - i appreciated the creativity. I brought my regs to her room, and (LOL) lost a tipper to her who was entranced by her tease (he kept tipping her, and pming me telling me "she almost showed a nipple!!! never saw him in my room again, guess what I WAS SELLING was not what he was really buying .. he likes a tease, and its not a product I can offer while keeping my brand cohesive. Kickaz has over the last year branded herself as a 'tease' and done a FANTASTIC job of it, and that's why I tipped her and why this guy tipped her)
When I try hard, dance to the music, shake my ass up and down, chat, talk to the audience, I have over 200 ppl in my room with lot of premiums. But when I put bra on and sit it drops to 25 members with 3-4 premiums :)

When I'm tipping models with myself, or my S/O - we leave a room when the model is sittng with a bra on too. Why? frankly.. you're boring unless i know you well enough. I always try and ask myself when im on cam "would I stay in my room, if i was a new premium?" if the answer is no, then I either log off, cos im not in the mood, I deal with the low count and focus on my regs/chatting (will almost always result in less tokens, but is important to maintain a sense of community in my room) OR i get my act together and do something visually interesting.

I heard many times what members think about low camscore girls. They don't deserve to be tipped cuz if they are lower on site it means something must be wrong with them. Jeez!
Unfortunately, but the girl who wrote what I quoted says truth :( I almost never finish my coundowns, no matter how hard I try. ''Hun You r so beautiful, If I only had tokens I would give all of them to You'' lol.. and it's like that at least 5 times a shift :D

Yes, Low camscore girls DO suffer from the assumption that they must not be good enough. Just as CHEAP video deals can bite you in the butt (they can't be good if they are that cheap) and just as recently, I had a member who left to help a lower camscore model tell me "I didn't feel needed in your room, I thought you had so many fans you wouldnt notice" (he was aproximately 1/10 of my income in october, so yeah i noticed) At every level, there's a challenge you will face from assumptions, consumer-psychology. This is not MFC's fault. This is just the way of the world..

My point is this evelyn. There are challenges - with EVERYTHING in business. Your problem, and the problem the original writer of this rant have comes down to the fact that you're upset with the site for being WHAT IT IS, with the free-market for being what it is, and with cosumer psychology for being what it is...and that you mistakenly believe that your experience is the same as everyone else's experience, as well as your apparent jealousy of other models.

When faced with a site that has a particular market you can do one of three things:

a) try and come up with a product that meets that market demand
b) take your product to somewhere else, where it will meet that market demand.
c) Whine and complain about the world being an unfair place, and refuse to accept any personal responsibility for your own inability or refusal to do what plainly works.

I think this post is just a big whine.
And whining is OK sometimes. I get that camsites are frustrating, and that sometimes - hard work does not pay off. But when you try to make out that its anything but a 'vent' thread..which is exactly what this is, and try to tell me that I have only put 10% work into my business, that offends me, and you can go shove it.

P.S. i get the same "you're beautiful and if i had money id give you all my tokens" too .. 10 x a shift, as well as on my twitter every day. Its not just you. MFC runs on a model that has high high high traffic, and only a very small % of these will be paying traffic. Thats why you either aim for HIGH room counts (doing visually interesting things) and then figure out a way to get the % tipping you up as high as you can (offer tipping incentives that appeal to a large audience) OR you market yourself towards a small but heavy-tipping group of members who will be able to tip a lot. At this point, it will be quality over quantity and your room counts wont matter as much.

Lolli, I still remember that night and I am very grateful of what you did for me. I have a lot of respect with the way you do business. You have one of the most amazing work ethics I have ever seen. You are a model I admire and will sure repay the favor next time I am feeling in a pervy mood with the guys.

ALSO regarding this thread.......

Attachments

• 0alergic.jpg
    0alergic.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 581
Miss_Lollipop said:
P.S. i get the same "you're beautiful and if i had money id give you all my tokens" too .. 10 x a shift, as well as on my twitter every day. Its not just you. MFC runs on a model that has high high high traffic, and only a very small % of these will be paying traffic. Thats why you either aim for HIGH room counts (doing visually interesting things) and then figure out a way to get the % tipping you up as high as you can (offer tipping incentives that appeal to a large audience) OR you market yourself towards a small but heavy-tipping group of members who will be able to tip a lot. At this point, it will be quality over quantity and your room counts wont matter as much.

Way off topic but i just realized... I do this to street artists sometimes. If i walk past a beatuiful painting (ltos of people display their art around the city i live in) I will often make a point to stop and tell them their work is beautiful. When they try to make a sale, I tell them I have no money for art right now in my budget.

I wonder if I'm as annoying as basics who tell me im gorgeous and they'd give me all their money if they had any. LOL

Can anyone tell me if it is so? Am i being rude by doing this?

I thought the OP had some great insight into why some tippers tip - nothing I hadn't thought before, but I thought they explained it quite concisely and accurately.

I guess that's how I read this - the psychology of big tippers - rather than "why MFC sucks". :)

Reactions: Puffin and Sevrin
Jupiter551 said:
I thought the OP had some great insight into why some tippers tip - nothing I hadn't thought before, but I thought they explained it quite concisely and accurately.

I guess that's how I read this - the psychology of big tippers - rather than "why MFC sucks". :)
That's how I read it, too.

I guess things look on MFC look pretty different depending on which side of the camera you're on. It comes down to personal preference and what we're looking to get out of MFC. Some of it comes down to members' ages, too. Some of us look for a lot of excitement and novelty, and others just want a place to kick back and shoot the shit in the company of a pretty woman who knows our name. And the longer a member has been a habitual tipper, the more he is likely to stick to the same models. I would go so far as to say that mere familiarity keeps more tipping members coming back to a given model's room than any hoopla that goes on, even in the most hoopla-oriented rooms.

On the first page, and even in the first couple of rows, there are a number of models, specifically ones from the former Eastern Bloc, who don't put in all this effort being talked about. Many members just like hanging around them, and like hanging out with other people who like hanging around them. The models I visit mostly do the same thing every time they're on camera, and none of them sell videos, tweet, have elaborate profiles and very rarely, if ever, do raffles or contests. Countdowns are about as fancy as they get. They just caught my fancy, is all.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin and jazzy242
Sevrin said:
Jupiter551 said:

That's how I read it, too.

I guess things look on MFC look pretty different depending on which side of the camera you're on. It comes down to personal preference and what we're looking to get out of MFC. Some of it comes down to members' ages, too. Some of us look for a lot of excitement and novelty, and others just want a place to kick back and shoot the shit in the company of a pretty woman who knows our name. And the longer a member has been a habitual tipper, the more he is likely to stick to the same models. I would go so far as to say that mere familiarity keeps more tipping members coming back to a given model's room than any hoopla that goes on, even in the most hoopla-oriented rooms.

On the first page, and even in the first couple of rows, there are a number of models, specifically ones from the former Eastern Bloc, who don't put in all this effort being talked about. Many members just like hanging around them, and like hanging out with other people who like hanging around them. The models I visit mostly do the same thing every time they're on camera, and none of them sell videos, tweet, have elaborate profiles and very rarely, if ever, do raffles or contests. Countdowns are about as fancy as they get. They just caught my fancy, is all.

just to be clear, i wasn't only talking about raffles/contests - they're an example thats easy to explain and something I'm familiar with. Creating a sense of community is something less tangible, but just as important... I'm just basically talking about doing things that target large groups of tippers on MFC in some form or other. :)

The actual points about what can make tippers tip were essentially correct. Its just that thats not really a bad thing, or a good thing. It just is a thing.

I'm also sure there's some 'I did everythign right and MFC and I just dont work" type situations. In fact, I can think of several model friends that i knew in person that tried everything... and quite honestly I loved being in their room...they were doing everything right..and they still failed. They just..weren't a good fit..for whatever that means. One of them now is KILLING it on another site.

My personal issue with this was simply the blame game...and the negativity towards all top models or successful as if we all just got plain lucky. Its just not that simple...and its damaging to portray it that way.

I'll hop out of this thread now :)

** im not a 'top 20' model but I consider myself successful, by my own personal definition of it.. I'm where i want to be on MFC.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I'm also sure there's some 'I did everythign right and MFC and I just dont work" type situations. In fact, I can think of several model friends that i knew in person that tried everything... and quite honestly I loved being in their room...they were doing everything right..and they still failed. They just..weren't a good fit..for whatever that means. One of them now is KILLING it on another site.

I believe i brought this up before on another thread but i'll mention it again because it has relevance. I notice how new models will vary in room population and tips during their first day/week/month. Some models seem to hit instant success while others can only muster a fraction of that same success. Now i understand there's a litany of intangibles that factor into a model's prosperity, other than attractiveness and getting naked. But when the intangibles seem to have evened out between two models, yet one makes is doing much better than the other numbers wise, i find it a little inexplicable. Perhaps i'm not seeing something.

Sometimes i feel like traffic and tipping in various rooms is like the internet's way of "natural selection." Certain models will plateau at a certain point while others have a much higher glass ceiling. I do, very much, believe in the strategizing, perseverance, and hard work that every model has put forth to build up to where they currently stand in the camming business, but it seems as if there are factors beyond one's control.

Lolli, thanks for details :p But You really don't have to explain me what works for You and make You successful. I believe that, wish You luck etc. It was all my observation and everyone see that there are top girls who work hard to be on their current places but here are also top girls who gained their fans just with a nice smile and funny chat. Just wanted to share with what I see everyday and I end up as jealous chick with low cs as kickaz said lol. As someone wrote (correctly anyway), the leading post is about psychology of big tippers, but lets be honest, those big tippers keep all tops that high. If that chick is wrong then why I don't get as many big tips from randomers as You or Nicole or kickaz get? :p Guys love to compete and show off. 4 me it's logical, that if top were top just because of many great tippers fell in love with them THEN most of models would be so fine. But they are not. Well, I can understand that, nobody wants to be a part of shitty band :) (talking about me now) :p
I'm not mad, upset with the site, exactly because I know how it works. I could have been upset if I had been born as Quasimodo and had to compete with top 20 full of Crazy Sysies :p But I see how different models are so...seems like everyone has chance, right? :)
Don't hate me.
ES

Reactions: Puffin
Status
Not open for further replies.