AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC rooms are getting more and more quiet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, but in practice, the IRS rarely is concerned with taxpayers who hike up withholding allowances as long as they are paying estimated taxes, or taxes via a spouse, or taxes via another job. The IRS assess penalties only when insufficient tax is withheld by the end of the tax year. You can pay the penalty + interest and remedy that.

Generally, it's only if you underwithhold regularly, or if you end up on a payment plan, that the IRS gets particularly concerned. In those cases, they'll typically issue a withholding order to the employer which mandates a specific set of allowances and overrides your own W-4.

Reactions: ramblin
Additionally and most importantly people who get refunds don't wait until April to file their taxes. People who get refunds file their taxes in late January early February. Anyone waiting until April is most definitely paying taxes and that's why they are waiting.

It's worth pointing that, sometimes, even people with refunds need to file in April. For those in complicated tax situations, which is often the case for high-income taxpayers, certain types of tax information documents are not issued until as late as March. This has been becoming somewhat more common in the past several years as a number of major financial firms have either delayed issuing their documents (having gotten a waiver from the IRS commissioner) or have issued one or two rounds of corrections. The recently introduced basis tracking & reporting requirements are an example of the additional reporting burden causing these issues.

Some even need to regularly file extensions just allow adequate time for our accountancy firms to prepare the full set of returns. Moreover, even financial sophisticated taxpayers will often have to overwithhold because the withholding safe-harbor is reduced for high-income taxpayers. This coupled with higher levels of income makes it that much more challenging to hit an exact withholding target each year.

All of that said, I somewhat agree with the sentiment (if not the exact facts) expressed by @Sansa in her post to this thread. For people in this situation, they aren't living paycheck-to-paycheck and taxes really aren't going to drive their spending one way or another. I believe that most high-income members likely do a pretty good job compartmentalizing their discretionary spending budget from their regular and irregular cashflow needs. But that part is mostly just my speculation.

Yes, I understand not every premium sorts it by camscore. However, it is the default settings and typically most of the members online will leave it on the default setting.
Yeah I imagine the majority never really bother to change the sort.

I do feel a difference in room size and new tippers/chatters when my camscore fluctuates. I try not to focus too much on it, but I do keep it within a range if I can help it. Camscore aside, I won't sit online for more than an hour if I'm not making some basic minimums as far as tokens go. Been operating this way for nearly 7 years and it's working out good enough.

My favorite thing to do on mfc is talk to the models. I enjoy that even more than any sexual shows. I like to tip girls whose personality I enjoy rather than for anything sexual. But it seems more and more as soon as I enter rooms I am either hit with a pm asking for tips or the model is berating the room in general for not tipping. Takes the enjoyment out of trying to get to know someone a little. I'm not talking about something silly like looking for love, just a little friendliness. As a result I just interact with the few models i can relate to.

I like to tip but can't afford to do it every time I enter a room. Maybe I could if I just tipped a few tokens and saved the rest for the next time. But every time I buy tokens, regardless of how many, I give them all to whichever model I'm talking to.

This message from a year ago is still valid.

Having been to MFC on and off for a number of years now, things have changed over time. In the past, the models seemed to be much more open to the "social network" aspect of the site. They would log on and hang out, chat, and answer pms if you tipped to get on their friends list. Offline, they would answer MFC Mail. As things have evolved, a lot of the models have gotten more jaded, don't answer pms or MFC Mail (even if you tipped to get on their friends list), and the general vibe they give off is, "tip me or shut up".

The way I used to do things was to chat with a model for a while before taking her private, get to know each other a little bit, establish a connection, some flirtation. Most won't even take the time to do that now. You chat with them for five seconds and all they do is badger you to tip them or take them private, or if they're more popular, they just ignore you unless you tip them. If they're doing public shows, all they do is complain if somebody doesn't tip them for five seconds, when they used to chill out and be patient, and chat while waiting for the topic to be completed.

It used to be something different, where you could hang out and socialize in addition to the nudity aspect, but over time it feels more and more like going to a strip club. If you want something done, tip, otherwise shut up and keep your distance. That vibe comes from a lot of the models. I would think it was just me, but I've observed it with models I've never spoken to and other members. It's almost across the board.

Having more models competing with each other as the site has grown probably has some effect, and maybe that has led to a worse attitude by many. But it all seems a lot more blunt and matter-of-fact now. "I'm not here to chat or be your friend, I'm here to take my bra off when you tip me. Now shut up and quit trying to start a conversation". Questions like, "how was your day?" just get an annoyed response. That vibe definitely comes from a lot more models than it used to, from the get-go when you first talk to them.

Having been to MFC on and off for a number of years now, things have changed over time. In the past, the models seemed to be much more open to the "social network" aspect of the site. They would log on and hang out, chat, and answer pms if you tipped to get on their friends list. Offline, they would answer MFC Mail. As things have evolved, a lot of the models have gotten more jaded, don't answer pms or MFC Mail (even if you tipped to get on their friends list), and the general vibe they give off is, "tip me or shut up".

The way I used to do things was to chat with a model for a while before taking her private, get to know each other a little bit, establish a connection, some flirtation. Most won't even take the time to do that now. You chat with them for five seconds and all they do is badger you to tip them or take them private, or if they're more popular, they just ignore you unless you tip them. If they're doing public shows, all they do is complain if somebody doesn't tip them for five seconds, when they used to chill out and be patient, and chat while waiting for the topic to be completed.

It used to be something different, where you could hang out and socialize in addition to the nudity aspect, but over time it feels more and more like going to a strip club. If you want something done, tip, otherwise shut up and keep your distance. That vibe comes from a lot of the models. I would think it was just me, but I've observed it with models I've never spoken to and other members. It's almost across the board.

Having more models competing with each other as the site has grown probably has some effect, and maybe that has led to a worse attitude by many. But it all seems a lot more blunt and matter-of-fact now. "I'm not here to chat or be your friend, I'm here to take my bra off when you tip me. Now shut up and quit trying to start a conversation". Questions like, "how was your day?" just get an annoyed response. That vibe definitely comes from a lot more models than it used to, from the get-go when you first talk to them.

You have no idea under how much pressure MFC models are when they go online. Every time they turn on their cam they are gambling. They know that every minute matters. They can either make money and keep their status or walk away with nothing and having lost camscore in the process. Basically, MFC punishes models that get on cam and don't make tokens. Camscore is really important. If they don't remain competitive they will be buried under rows and rows of models who are.

So, to put it all into perspective, as a model if you log on and focus on being social and friendly and patient you might make good friends but you are risking your future income. Because your camscore will drop. And if it drops too much you wont be able to be sexy or social anymore because there will be nobody watching.

When I cammed on MFC this dynamic gave me intense mood swings. I would be incredibly anxious for 2 hours before going on cam. Then I would turn it on and do my absolute best to make it a good day, but if after trying everything my show was going nowhere I would log off braindead and feeling like I was undesirable and a terrible camgirl. The days where it was incredible I was almost euphoric. It felt like a matter of life and death.

I now cam on a different site with no camscore and I cannot tell you how much calmer, happier, social, and patient I am on cam and off. So yeah, blame the camscore, it is not the models fault.

I hang out and chat with members, it is the main reason I cam on MFC and why I enjoy it so much. However I also have my topic going and will remind guys that I have xyz for sale or on my tip menu so I can get my countdown done. Can't say I ever pm guys or constantly demand tips it's not how I work my room, although I know some models do. I love having guys come in and chat that is the point and I encourage it as much as I can. I certainly wouldn't say the tip demanding and shitty attitude is across the board maybe you are just looking in the wrong place at the wrong models who knows. But don't tar us all with the same brush or even the majority, as I think that's a bit unfair to all the models that try very hard to build up friendships and enjoy chatting to their members whilst doing their shows, myself included.

I would also like to point out that it is most likely the case that some models behave like this due to many members constantly wasting time, crossing boundaries, begging and just being plain rude. It does grate on the nerves, possibly you enterd a models room after a particularly bad day and you ended up with the brunt of it, just a thought. We are Only human after all. But I would agree that models who act like this just because they can give us all a bad name. Meh long post sorry.

....this is a simple case of supply and demand. 5 Years ago MFC did not have 100,000 ACTIVE models. On peak nights there would be 200 or 300 models competing. On peak nights now there are 2 or 3 thousand. It is a simple case of supply and demand. The demand for models is the same as it was 5 years ago, but the supply of models is now ten times higher. This means that the average amount of earnings as well as the average amount of people in each model's room has to go down. It is an unfortunate truth of competition.

....There are just a lot more models and options now. Perhaps from the model's perspective it is "dying," but I assure you the traffic is as high or higher than it has ever been.

Totally agree. This is unlikely to be the only factor, but if the number of models has increased dramatically in relation to the number of paying members, it stands to reason that the individual earning potential of a model is going down (on average). Members can be more choosy about where and on whom to spend their money. And, though I can't articulate an explanation very well, I think this market imbalance also leads to members being less engaged (i.e., quiet) in the rooms they do choose to visit.

Serious question: Though it may not seem realistic at this point, would it be worth considering establishing some sort of a guild system for models, the purpose of which is to limit the supply of models and enhance their quality through some sort of gatekeeping practices such as exams. Of course, MFC and other such sites would have to buy into this and participate, and unless they're really forward-thinking, they're not likely to do so unless their profits decline to an unacceptable point

Totally agree. This is unlikely to be the only factor, but if the number of models has increased dramatically in relation to the number of paying members, it stands to reason that the individual earning potential of a model is going down (on average). Members can be more choosy about where and on whom to spend their money. And, though I can't articulate an explanation very well, I think this market imbalance also leads to members being less engaged (i.e., quiet) in the rooms they do choose to visit.

Serious question: Though it may not seem realistic at this point, would it be worth considering establishing some sort of a guild system for models, the purpose of which is to limit the supply of models and enhance their quality through some sort of gatekeeping practices such as exams. Of course, MFC and other such sites would have to buy into this and participate, and unless they're really forward-thinking, they're not likely to do so unless their profits decline to an unacceptable point

Ummm no, hell no? Each person has their own tastes, I'm not sure I like the idea of an oversight committee deciding who should succeed. I think the law of supply and demand works well here, models who attract tipping members will succeed, some won't. Is it tougher for models to make a living, sure, but let that onus lie upon the customers and the model's drive to succeed.

Ummm no, hell no? Each person has their own tastes, I'm not sure I like the idea of an oversight committee deciding who should succeed. I think the law of supply and demand works well here, models who attract tipping members will succeed, some won't. Is it tougher for models to make a living, sure, but let that onus lie upon the customers and the model's drive to succeed.

You might want to look up the definition of a guild, which has nothing whatsoever to do with "an oversight committee deciding who should succeed."

The law of supply and demand is not working well here (aside from the top models); that's the point.

Here's an example: the massage therapy profession struggles with public misconceptions about its legitimacy and propriety ("happy endings", etc.). Therapeutic massage professionals banded together to institute training and state licensure requirements to enable them to market themselves and to distinguish them in the public's mind from those who provide illegal or questionable sexual services. If I go get a massage now, I can do it knowing what sort of service I'm getting, and I can expect a certain level of professionalism. Some massage therapists are vary successful; others less so, for all the usual reasons. It's still a free market. BTW, I chose massage as an example because it's the closest thing I could think of to a non-traditional job like being a camgirl. But much the same holds true for other licensed professions or occupations. Of course, I'm not saying that camgirls should be "licensed" , only that it might benefit them (and customers) to institute some sort of self regulation.

Reactions: BooyaaS
Wanted to comment on camscore default, and the assumption that higher is better. In general yes, but only within a set range.

I went back to camscore as my preference from alphabetical because I found that camscore groupings worked better than thinking of all models as the same.
I wonder if many member searches by camscore really occur in blocks/ groupings of models? I find my searches are never top down, but start from the place I expect to find the most models who take my interest, this is not usually from the top rows, but dependent on what I want to find.
Being top of this grouping of similar models is where a model should want to be, jumping lightly into the group above pointless, below you look like a great deal but perhaps not the right deal.

As a member you can expect certain things from models of a certain camscore range.
For example a model who is super gorgeous who looks like top model material, very low ranked, is probably doing well on another site and generally ignoring any attention on MFC. Not a model you can trust but might be awesome if she isn't too busy elsewhere, a quick and easy treat with no member competition, who wont hassle you for tokens in future.
Alternatively someone who seems clearly out of place at any camscore range is always worth a look. Something you never get with the other types of search.

I hang out and chat with members, it is the main reason I cam on MFC and why I enjoy it so much. However I also have my topic going and will remind guys that I have xyz for sale or on my tip menu so I can get my countdown done. Can't say I ever pm guys or constantly demand tips it's not how I work my room, although I know some models do. I love having guys come in and chat that is the point and I encourage it as much as I can. I certainly wouldn't say the tip demanding and shitty attitude is across the board maybe you are just looking in the wrong place at the wrong models who knows. But don't tar us all with the same brush or even the majority, as I think that's a bit unfair to all the models that try very hard to build up friendships and enjoy chatting to their members whilst doing their shows, myself included.

I would also like to point out that it is most likely the case that some models behave like this due to many members constantly wasting time, crossing boundaries, begging and just being plain rude. It does grate on the nerves, possibly you enterd a models room after a particularly bad day and you ended up with the brunt of it, just a thought. We are Only human after all. But I would agree that models who act like this just because they can give us all a bad name. Meh long post sorry.

I can empathize with the fact of dealing with a lot of trolls and/or sickos. But if I'm not acting that way, I don't expect to get thrown in with the rest.

I've also noticed that maybe the way they calculate camscore has changed? In the last year or two, I've seen models jumping up and down a lot more than they used to, models hitting the top out of nowhere, and models that used to be higher up slipping down despite no obvious change in their room. Like maybe they shortened the formula so that camscore rises and falls faster than it used to? Then again, a number of models have been on the top row for years now, and never seem to fall. Maybe it falls off faster when you take time off than it used to.

My usage of MFC (or any other cam site) has dropped over the last year or two, partly for the reasons I mentioned, so some of this is just general observation from a distance.

You might want to look up the definition of a guild, which has nothing whatsoever to do with "an oversight committee deciding who should succeed."

The law of supply and demand is not working well here (aside from the top models); that's the point.

Here's an example: the massage therapy profession struggles with public misconceptions about its legitimacy and propriety ("happy endings", etc.). Therapeutic massage professionals banded together to institute training and state licensure requirements to enable them to market themselves and to distinguish them in the public's mind from those who provide illegal or questionable sexual services. If I go get a massage now, I can do it knowing what sort of service I'm getting, and I can expect a certain level of professionalism. Some massage therapists are vary successful; others less so, for all the usual reasons. It's still a free market. BTW, I chose massage as an example because it's the closest thing I could think of to a non-traditional job like being a camgirl. But much the same holds true for other licensed professions or occupations. Of course, I'm not saying that camgirls should be "licensed" , only that it might benefit them (and customers) to institute some sort of self regulation.
I'm pretty sure swagger knew exactly what you meant. And makes a pretty good point against what you were trying to say. In this type of work really the only way to limit the amount of girls working on a site is by picking a choosing who you would allow onto that particular site. Which as swagger said is an oversight committee deciding who gets to not just succeed but who is even allowed to cam on it. As for exams or a regulatory body, are you serious? That's a no go. How would you test a cam girl? On her mastarbation skills? Or how well she can gag on a dildo? No the only other viable way of deterring girls from starting up would be to introduce some sort of scheme or licence that we would have to pay for to allow us to cam legally. And who would cash in on that? Besides no site would buy into that. There would be more checks that they have to do, more legal issues if girls did t buy it or update it and ultimately wasted time and money lost.

Personally I don't feel there is a way of steming the flow of girls. Camming is always put forward as an easy and quick way to make big money($10,000 a week) whilst making friends and having fun (you don't even need to get naked). Until the sites and studios stop advertising the job like this then the girls will keep pouring in, it is what it is.

I'm pretty sure swagger knew exactly what you meant. And makes a pretty good point against what you were trying to say. In this type of work really the only way to limit the amount of girls working on a site is by picking a choosing who you would allow onto that particular site. Which as swagger said is an oversight committee deciding who gets to not just succeed but who is even allowed to cam on it. As for exams or a regulatory body, are you serious? That's a no go. How would you test a cam girl? On her mastarbation skills? Or how well she can gag on a dildo? No the only other viable way of deterring girls from starting up would be to introduce some sort of scheme or licence that we would have to pay for to allow us to cam legally. And who would cash in on that? Besides no site would buy into that. There would be more checks that they have to do, more legal issues if girls did t buy it or update it and ultimately wasted time and money lost.

Personally I don't feel there is a way of steming the flow of girls. Camming is always put forward as an easy and quick way to make big money($10,000 a week) whilst making friends and having fun (you don't even need to get naked). Until the sites and studios stop advertising the job like this then the girls will keep pouring in, it is what it is.

I've seen cam sites in the past (a while ago now) that were selective about models based on looks, and would coach them or oversee the way they acted and what they did or didn't do. Kind of like Playboy, you had to be chosen to be on the site, and there were standards of behavior. That kind of thing is probably not as profitable as something like MFC where anybody can try and there are few rules, which is why MFC has been successful. On average, the women on that kind of site were higher quality overall, but there was not remotely as much freedom as there is on MFC, which made it kind of boring.

I can empathize with the fact of dealing with a lot of trolls and/or sickos. But if I'm not acting that way, I don't expect to get thrown in with the rest.

I've also noticed that maybe the way they calculate camscore has changed? In the last year or two, I've seen models jumping up and down a lot more than they used to, models hitting the top out of nowhere, and models that used to be higher up slipping down despite no obvious change in their room. Like maybe they shortened the formula so that camscore rises and falls faster than it used to? Then again, a number of models have been on the top row for years now, and never seem to fall. Maybe it falls off faster when you take time off than it used to.

My usage of MFC (or any other cam site) has dropped over the last year or two, partly for the reasons I mentioned, so some of this is just general observation from a distance.
You say you don't like to be thrown in with trolls and such, Just like models don't want to be thrown in with the Moody don't give a fuck models. No idea wether the cam score formula has changed, I try not to think too much about it lol it's too depressing. :)

Thanks, I'm quite aware of what a guild is. Perhaps you can expound upon this statement to help me.

"the purpose of which is to limit the supply of models and enhance their quality through some sort of gatekeeping practices such as exams"

That seems a hell of a lot like oversight to me. Are you proposing a cam licensing committee like in real estate?

I also believe you and I disagree with why the massage therapy profession struggles, and perhaps that is a key to the similarities in our disagreement. I believe the massage therapy industry is suffering because of a glut of massage therapy schools and diplomas being handed out, thereby creating a glut of massage therapists. Crowding an overcrowded industry, and I believe that, has had a far greater effect than misconceptions of it being sex work.

Is it getting harder to be a career cam model, sure, is the system broken, I don't know that it is.

Edited to add.

As far as a guild in a true sense of the word, a group of professionals attempting to apprentice, teach and give warnings to new comers to that profession, it exists, we're posting in it.

Last edited:
I've seen cam sites in the past (a while ago now) that were selective about models based on looks, and would coach them or oversee the way they acted and what they did or didn't do. Kind of like Playboy, you had to be chosen to be on the site, and there were standards of behavior. That kind of thing is probably not as profitable as something like MFC where anybody can try and there are few rules, which is why MFC has been successful. On average, the women on that kind of site were higher quality overall, but there was not remotely as much freedom as there is on MFC, which made it kind of boring.
MGF is a site that picks and chooses who they want based on looks, and that's their choice. Unless every site did this (which they won't) then there still isn't a way to stop so many girls signing up to sites like MFC. MFC would be boring if it was all picture perfect amaze balls cam girls. And not everyone likes that. A lot of guys like the girl next door type or older, bigger, hairy and everything in between.

I see the complaint about models all being different and jaded these days, but every model I enjoy watching is super friendly and chatty and in no way behaves like the camgirl negative stereotype. So it makes me wonder... there are WAY more models these days so obviously there are more models who you won't like but it's no where near "all" or even a majority... so why do members keep only trying to watch models you don't jive with?
Or is it the standard old idea that a positive interaction is far less memorable than a negative one?
Finding a handful of favorites and being a regular to them is and has always been the norm on MFC and the source of it's success... this is not new.
Once you start expecting everyone to fit your tastes both physically and personally, maybe it is you who are the jaded one, because that's just not how human interaction works.

so why do members keep only trying to watch models you don't jive with?

Because they look good. :angelic: But then you talk to them and find out they're crappy people. :meh:

That certainly mirrors the world in general, but it seems like a higher percentage among cam girls.

If you don't know how it works you might think looks is what makes or breaks a model but that is not true.

Strip clubs make the same mistake. On certain forums strippers complain that clubs in their area won't take them because they are "too fat" or "too ugly" "they have a problem with my belly" "they only take young dancers" and they have a history of being top earners in their clubs.

As a result certain cities have only one type of stripper because all clubs select the same type of girl. So say your city goes for the slender, athletic, plastic blonde, you will be screwed if you like thick amateur looking brunettes.

This is necessary for a club because their space is limited. They need to find a way to filter girls. But a website has unlimited space. Why filter?

Then I think about cams and how democratic it is. There are girls of all sizes, shapes, colors, ages, making a killing and sometimes drop dead gorgeous bombshells sit on page 2 because they have no charisma or no people skills and it makes you think.

I don't think the answer is limiting who can model. Camming is a sink or swim business.

Another thing is progressing sex work jobs into the mainstream pool.

Many cam girls and other SWs are constantly striving to make our job more accepted and respected... which as that happens, more and more people feel comfortable enough to jump in and DO these jobs. It will continue to have an impact on the supply/demand, the less taboo it is to be a cam girl.

As for exams or a regulatory body, are you serious? That's a no go. How would you test a cam girl? On her mastarbation skills? Or how well she can gag on a dildo?

No, of course not. I was thinking more along the lines of testing/screening for business skills, which goes to the issue of models failing to send videos that have been paid for, and other unprofessional practices by a minority of models. The important point is that this would be models regulating themselves, not being subject to the whims of some external entity like MFC. And if they regulate themselves, they can screen and test for whatever they think is important.

@swagger , I agree about the massage therapy example. That's more of a current problem; my point was about why they chose self-regulation in the first place. There does seem to be a glut, and it will be interesting to see how they respond. I don't see that they have any options other than raising standards or cost of entry. Having fewer, but better trained and motivated therapists seems preferable to allowing customers to encounter a minority segment of the profession that that will not provide a good experience for new customers (who might otherwise go on to become regulars). The existence of those low performers tarnishes the profession as a whole.

My suggestion is just food for thought; it won't happen anytime soon. What's the alternative, though? Maintain the "wild west" mentality of the current system? I've been a premium member for about two or three years, and I've noticed a big change even over that short time interval. The glut of models, and the unprofessional models, do not directly hurt me other than occasional wasted tokens. It does make MFC a somewhat less interesting place to chat or spend my time and tokens..

supermila said:
If you don't know how it works you might think looks is what makes or breaks a model but that is not true.

Obviously true. I won't name names, but a lot of the models who rank in the Top 20 every month are not even close to being the most attractive ones on the site. People obviously like them for more reasons than looks. And there are a lot of very attractive ones who don't rank very high, either because they're not on much and don't try very hard, or because they don't interact and chat.

Reactions: ComicOzzie

Many cam girls and other SWs are constantly striving to make our job more accepted and respected... which as that happens, more and more people feel comfortable enough to jump in and DO these jobs. It will continue to have an impact on the supply/demand, the less taboo it is to be a cam girl.
Which I suppose is both positive and negative at the same time. I would agree that being a cam girl or SW is more accepted these days, well more than it was anyway.

Reactions: Gen and AmberCutie

As a member, I would add to that by saying "...as that happens, more and more people feel comfortable enough to jump in and enjoy/use the services of sex workers." As it becomes more mainstream (as I think it should), then some of the expectations people have for more traditional occupations will start to be felt by sex workers.

As a member, I would add to that by saying "...as that happens, more and more people feel comfortable enough to jump in and enjoy/use the services of sex workers." As it becomes more mainstream (as I think it should), then some of the expectations people have for more traditional occupations will start to be felt by sex workers.
I agree. I think that at this point in time, though it's affecting the influx of workers vs. "customers". I put that in quotes because it may be bringing in more lurkers that haven't made the leap to being comfortable enough to hand over their credit card. Yet. :)

Because they look good. :angelic: But then you talk to them and find out they're crappy people. :meh:

That certainly mirrors the world in general, but it seems like a higher percentage among cam girls.

I doubt it. I'd attribute that impression to an expectation that cam models will be more accommodating than members of the general population, and the desire on the part of models to use their time in the most profitable way possible.

No, of course not. I was thinking more along the lines of testing/screening for business skills, which goes to the issue of models failing to send videos that have been paid for, and other unprofessional practices by a minority of models. The important point is that this would be models regulating themselves, not being subject to the whims of some external entity like MFC. And if they regulate themselves, they can screen and test for whatever they think is important.

The attraction of cam models, for a large part of the membership is precisely that they are amateurs, and that interactions will be more spontaneous than with seasoned pros. The flip side of spontaneity is unpredictability, for better or for worse. For every KatsumiChann, there will be dozens of gorgeous sadsacks.

Another point is that youth is at a premium. It's simply not realistic to assume that a 20-year-old will have a full set of the skills we admire most. Some models raise the bar considerably in terms of professionalism, but even those didn't have it all figured out their first day.

I'd agree with some sort of guild system. The quality of current models is significantly lower than 3-4 years ago in my opinion.

I'd agree with some sort of guild system. The quality of current models is significantly lower than 3-4 years ago in my opinion.
I think that is a bit of a crappy thing to say. So the quality of all the current models is significantly lower than 3-4 years ago ? That is such a sweeping statement. You cant possibly have been into or participated in every models room to be able to make that comment. In your opinion the models you visit are not up to your standard, well fine move on and find a model you enjoy. Since there are so many girls out there now this might take a bit longer than before, however it does not mean that all the current models are not as good as the models 3-4 years ago. And there is also the fact that there are many models on MFC that have been there since the start, are they now not as good as they once were?

As for a guild system, well my previous comment stands. I also have an amazing idea, how about a system where the members get to pick what models they spend their time with and tokens on. Where the member can exit that room if he decides he doesn't click with the model or like how she does things. What if members could have different tags and options for choosing said models, and there was some sort of way of finding out a bit about that model via a profile or such that would give him or her some idea of what that model was like and would be a good fit with them. A site like this would mean that the members are in control of who they visit, maybe it would stop so much moaning about the "quality" of the current models. Ahh fuck that's like every camsite that exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.