AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

RO Studios, taxes and the bullshit meter

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016
So I've been fighting for days to find out what's wrong with her. One day she just told me the studio called her and told her to swing by and when she went they made her cry and she never really bothered to elaborate. It was always, "Oh I have a headache I don't want to think about", "I'm tired and I don't want to think about", something along those lines. Today she finally tells me as detailed in the screenshots below.

Now, I don't really know much about the studios over there, the contracts or anything really other than they take a cut. I read up on the previous thread about ro studios but nothing really about taxes showed up.

But....3 years later and now she's independent for a few months and they're wanting taxes from her? She told me on the phone they (the government) sent letters to the studio and she never got them. Whattt? I know studios mostly are operating in some shady way or another, but why all of a sudden like this? Could the studio just be bullshitting her and trying to get back at her for going independent or does this sound like she's bullshitting me?

Studio in question is called Lucky Studio.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png

The model may well owe income taxes if she wasn't paying them on her income. However, the government would seek to collect those taxes from the employee directly. What the studio is seeking to recover is a portion of the taxes that *they* didn't pay. My guess is that the studio was operating off the books and lost its protection.

There's an interesting discussion of the topic over on this forum.

Hmm. Little chance of finding it now, but months ago I read a little news story about how the govt was looking to crack down on webcam models there for taxes.

Reactions: Phoenix4987
Reading that thread brought to light how shady the business really is. A friend of a friend who lives there said studios are mostly illegal and don't pay anything. And that if they are "legal" they still don't pay anything because they have ways to avoid it. Probably like Sevrin mentioned about protection. And if the government is looking to get their piece of the pie, then it all kinda makes sense.

The timing of this just fucking sucks because I was supposed to go there next month. So it made me skeptical to hear this all of a sudden. On one hand, I'm tired of analyzing everything and just want to see #1. If she's actually interested in meeting and #2. If there's even any chemistry if we do. On the other hand, if all of this is really going on, then it's probably not a good time.

The big issue is that even though she has never asked me to send her anything, I have a feeling she's expecting me to help her because I've done so in the past. And honestly, I do have enough spending money after I pay my bills and things to do so. It's just... I feel like I've helped enough to show that I genuinely am there for her when she needs and that I care for her. But I can't keep throwing $ at something that's not actually progressing. Like I feel it's her turn to prove that she's not all talk.

Things have gotten to the point where I see her as a person and I don't even get aroused when I see her working anymore. The virtual fantasy doesn't interest me. We've been to pvt too many times. We talk enough outside of work that I know what's going on with her. Every night we talk on the phone say goodnight, i love you, that kinda thing. And all I can do is think about if this is going anywhere.

Am I being selfish for wanting to get to the bottom of everything despite what's going on with her?

sounds like someone is trying to extort money out of someone. either her from you or studio from her.
giving her the benefit of the doubt and going with the studio is trying to extort her..
either way, if it was in any way legal, I'd ask for some paperwork on it... or ask for all the T4's (or Ro equivalent) they collected over her years of working with them.

Oh hey I left a studio last year and just as I left they were raided and stuff. I have no knowledge of any studio paying taxes, which is why there was a mass raid throughout the country. And there are trials and stuff. Basically, there was no contract so nobody paid any taxes,but it's the studio that had to pay after the investigation, not the girls. If the studio asks her for money, they're just being dicks and trying to get their money back, like people here have already said. Now they're trying to..well this is funny and sad at the same time..now they're making contracts to rent the space to the girls, which the girls have to pay a random sum for, the girls have to go pay their OWN taxes for their entire income, but only from the 50% they get because the studio still takes 50%. And the girls actually believe that the rent contract is an employment contract..I don't even know what to say anymore. Except the studio scams girls and girls are either too *silly* or too blind to see this. When camming, proper legal paperwork is required, otherwise there's heaps of trouble one may get into.But yeah, I think they're trying to squeeze money out of her, quite a chunk too. If you can't help, don't help, shit happens. I don't know this person, she might genuinely not try to trick you. Ask for more info, like Crumb said, get to the bottom of it. It's not selfish to want to know the truth, it's being cautious, I'd probably do the same. Things aren't going to get any worse if you make inquiries.

sounds like someone is trying to extort money out of someone. either her from you or studio from her.
giving her the benefit of the doubt and going with the studio is trying to extort her..
either way, if it was in any way legal, I'd ask for some paperwork on it... or ask for all the T4's (or Ro equivalent) they collected over her years of working with them.

There are no tax papers because no taxes were withheld or remitted. I thought that much would be obvious.

As for the 12k euro, it's for her to sort out. She will have to figure on paying taxes on her earned income, if she hasn't yet. And she should start by telling the studio to fuck off, and getting a lawyer. With that said, you can't blame her for being freaked out over this or for looking to the OP for sympathy and support. That's a lot of money for RO, even for a successful cam model. She's not asking you for money, and there's no reason for you to offer.

So is she basically saying that if this isn't taken care of she probably can't meet up? Because she won't have the time, money, etc?

Basically she told me she doesn't know what's going to happen since she won't be able to make the payment in full on the 1st. And she's stressed about it, can't think of anything else, etc.

From earlier conversation:

Model: but you dont believe me
Model: if u come here and after u go home
Model: and we talking from far away after being so close
Model: it is wrong
Model: when we meet everything needs to be perfect
Model: so we can be together forever not so we go away for 1 year
Me: i don't go away for a year.
Model: and then again to see only on the cam
Me: i can make the flight whenever i wanted
Me: if i wanted
Model: and staying in front of the computer not in front of u
Me: i could stay there for a few months
Model: i want if u come here to be together not like this
Me: but i just wanted to see you more than anything
Model: what u here
Model: with me working?
Model: u want to sit here next to me in front of the cam
Model: sleeping?
Me: no
Me: i didn't say i would stay a few months
Me: i said i could if i wanted to
Model: and if you come here for a few days how i work?
Model: because now need to work more than any other time
Me: yes i know
Me: work like any other time
Model: and when we see each other?
Me: when you get off work
Me: before you work
Me: when you want
Model: and when i sleep?
Me: when you want
Model: ok i think u dont think to much and dont care
Model: u think only of your self
Me: that's not true.
Model: when u want when u want when u want
Me: i think of you always.
Model: only this u say
Model: yes yes
Me: you could take a day or two off
Me: if you really wanted
Me: you take some days off work even now
Model: yess i took this off because im stress
Model: i couldt sleep
Model: because i was think of this
Model: not to have a good time
Model: really u don't think
Model: only about yourself

From earlier conversation:

Model: but you dont believe me
Model: if u come here and...
Not really fair to judge her based on that snippet of chat, but it kind of looks like she may be putting the screws to you.

Dude, I think you need to sort things on your own out like a big boy and make some decisions based on who you think you know this person to be. It's pretty fucked up posting a private conversation with someone you say you're in love with in a public forum.

yeah..you're right..I guess I just wanted an outside objective opinion since I'm too invested into this. I did make sure to secure some form of privacy since her name and everything have been kept undisclosed. But yeah it's time for me to decide what I wanna do. I can't go back and edit/delete any posts except the previous one. Anyway this can get deleted?

Romania has had an awakening over the past 2 years. Its all to do with the condition to clean up the corruption to get a clean entry to the EU and Schengen visa access. Many elected and appointed officials, business owners, private folks, have all been audited and many subsequently fined and jailed as a result. The studios, legal and not, are also a logical next step since they are such a large part of Bucharest business. Many of you know Mary from mfc. She was also sought out and audited. They dropped the hammer on her pretty hard. But yeah, this girls studio is trying to minimise their losses. Tell them to suck an egg. When its time for the girl to pay, the tax people will contact her directly.

I asked if it would help if she got a lawyer, but said the studio put only her name on everything and they do this with all the girls. From this tidbit off the site, it's like they form an LLC in the models name to form some sort of "legitimacy." Probably used the studio address for the LLC hence why (I'm assuming) the letter got sent there instead of her home address. But no idea on how accurate google translate is with the translation

3.Te angajezi la Lucky Studio

Cel de-al treilea pas al tău înseamnă prezentarea unei oferte financiare din care tu să alegi ce variantă îți dorești. Poți să alegi dintre cele 6 contracte cu bonusuri în bani cash sau să lucrezi pe un salariu fix, de 4.500 de lei lunar. Claudia îți spune care sunt condițiile pentru fiecare și te hotărăști asupra celei care te avantajează mai mult. Din acel moment, ești ajutată să-ți deschizi un SRL pentru a avea forme legale de colaborare cu noi. Astfel, devii angajată în videochat și începi să câștigi bani din prima zi în care vii la program. Iar prin ajutorul pe care îl primești de la trainerele noastre, te asigurăm că vei avea cel mai profitabil job din Iași cu putință!

Google Translate:

3.Te hire at Lucky Studio

The third step of your financial means of a bid from which you can choose which version you want. You can choose between 6 contracts with bonuses in cash or work on a fixed salary of 4,500 lei per month. Claudia tells you what the conditions are for each and you decide on which one suits you more. Since then, you helped to set up an LLC for having illegally collaboration with us. Thus, you become committed to video and start earning money from the first day you come to the program. And by the help we get from our trainerele, rest assured that you have the most lucrative job in Iasi possible!

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
There are a lot of red flags in both of the conversations you posted. She's digging for "support me" stuff. When people date normally they don't expect you to cover the time off work they take for a weekend getaway, or a

If I choose to meet a member, I do expect that. That's the difference.

I met my partner of the last 5 years on MFC, he was my high tipper at the time. I was in an awful situation, he was a safe place for me to run while I figured things out. Even in that situation, I paid for my own plane tickets, I made sure I had enough in the bank to leave if I needed to, I asked him to stop tipping or sending any $$$ the moment I was serious about him being anything more than a member-friend, and the only thing he paid for was his share of shit, and dinner dates.

It's one thing to depend on someone you live with financially. If i got sick, he'd support me. If he can't work, I got this. But it's another thing when things are just ..starting out. She needs to be able to stand on her own two feet before she's ready to be in a relationship with you... and you need to make some tough decisions.

She's manipulating you. Whether she's doing so in the context of a relationship or just to get money, that's never a good thing.

I had a feeling that was the case. Which is why I asked the question. This is part of the "scam". They usually put some arbitrary time limit before the will meet you. Let's say 6 months. Then right before something always comes up...if you don't support them then they can't meet up because of it. They find a way to manipulate it and turn it on you.

It's either a financial situation....or they claim you did something wrong when absolutely nothing happened. Then you start tipping to get unbanned or go private to talk to them...then they claim the time has to start over because now they are unsure about meeting since you didn't support them...or whatever.

Just an FYI...even if you did send the money she would find another reason you can't meet up.

More red flags here than at a meeting of the North Koreans Peoples Assembly

Just stop, walk away. You are clearly too emotionally invested to make a rational decision and see what is blindingly obvious

I asked if it would help if she got a lawyer...

3.Te angajezi la Lucky Studio

Cel de-al treilea pas al tău înseamnă prezentarea unei oferte financiare...
Screw the legalese. This is Romania. Figure out who needs to be bribed.

Reactions: Sevrin
Had a member who was going through the exact same scheme 6 months ago. Not saying it's the same girl or that this particular girl is a scammer though.
The member was a good tipper but then stopped tipping, and started sending me emails about this RO model on MFC, he was asking me for advice. At first I was telling him to be careful, then I told him to stop contact with her. He told me she owned taxes, something like $5k, he sent her the money. Then he was supposed to go meet her, but she needed an urgent surgery, which he helped her pay for. Then he finally traveled there only to see her once, because she was "recovering" and her mother was looking after her, or something. Then there was nothing from him for a while, few months later he wrote to me saying he sold his house, quit his job, and moved to Romania, only to find out he wasn't the only one she was doing all this to. At that point I asked him not to write to me again about this model, so I haven't heard from him since then.

Edit: the model is pretty successful on MFC and started going to top right around when this thing happened. I wonder how many foolish men fell for her lies, and how many "surgeries" she's had so far.

Last edited:
Had a member who was going through the exact same scheme 6 months ago. Not saying it's the same girl or that this particular girl is a scammer though.
The member was a good tipper but then stopped tipping, and started sending me emails about this RO model on MFC, he was asking me for advice. At first I was telling him to be careful, then I told him to stop contact with her. He told me she owned taxes, something like $5k, he sent her the money. Then he was supposed to go meet her, but she needed an urgent surgery, which he helped her pay for. Then he finally traveled there only to see her once, because she was "recovering" and her mother was looking after her, or something. Then there was nothing from him for a while, few months later he wrote to me saying he sold his house, quit his job, and moved to Romania, only to find out he wasn't the only one she was doing all this to. At that point I asked him not to write to me again about this model, so I haven't heard from him since then.

That's absolutely heartbreaking

See, the thing with these stories is that the member decides to give the money. I've known models who have been through hard times and tell me about them, but that doesn't make me say to myself "She is in a bad situation. I have some money. I have to save her! She will love me!"

Some people are just aching to be taken advantage of. Are we saying that models can't ever speak about financial problems with members they are close to without being accused of being scammers?

AlisaMae this is pretty much what a lot of Romanians do and it reflects so badly on the rest of us who aren't into deceiving and scamming. I can't tell you how many dudes came into my room and as soon as I greeted them and told them where I'm from...I was told to either go die or stuff like "oh good luck bye I never want to talk to you", "my house was robbed by romanians" or "oh, you're a romanian camgirl pretending to not be romanian and faking an accent, you're all scammers, aren't you".
I'm not gonna name names, but there was a rather successful girl in the studio who frequently did this kind of thing. And of course the classic "I need 3000 more tokens or I can't go home, I promise I'll do a private with you/give you my email after you tip" and yes, she did get those amounts and then she would say "oh sorry the next shift is here I gotta go, next time hunny" and blocked that member ofc. And yes, there was a guy who moved here for her and I don't think they ever met in the 2 years they knew each other, mostly because she had a boyfriend and had zero interest in meeting any member, she just wanted the moneyz. She really didn't seem scammy or whatever and I think maybe that's why it's so hard to guess who's gonna rip you off and who isn't. I'm sorry this happens.

I don't believe that scamming is any more prevalent among Romanians than any other nationality. This belief may be simply because Romanian cam models are so numerous, that yeah, the total numbers are going to be high, but really, most Romanians I've chatted with are disgusted by dishonest models as much as anyone else is.

See, the thing with these stories is that the member decides to give the money. I've known models who have been through hard times and tell me about them, but that doesn't make me say to myself "She is in a bad situation. I have some money. I have to save her! She will love me!"

Some people are just aching to be taken advantage of. Are we saying that models can't ever speak about financial problems with members they are close to without being accused of being scammers?

To piggyback on this, I knew another ro chick from before who said her dad had cancer. Helped her before as well, but seemed more of a scammer. We'd get into arguments about how much I could help her, she'd ask me for tips on the site even after I would helped. Really pissed me off. And this sort of thing screams SCAM, LIAR, etc. "Lol another model with a sick relative you fell for it." Weeks later he died and she was crying about funeral costs. Had sent me pics of him while he was in the hospital before but ofc, how old could those be etc.

Eventually I dug around and managed to find her facebook. Saw the reality of her tragedy. We don't really talk anymore because we just got into too many arguments.

For the current situation.. I decided not to send anything. She didn't ask for it and there's nothing really I can do. I don't think it's wise to send her anything anymore until I see her in person and decide if this is all worth it to me. I've done enough to prove my interest, sincerity, seriousness, etc. It's gotten to the point to where it's put up or shut up.

No, I don't think we're saying that. There's a big difference when a model says she needs help for whatever, and would be grateful for it, and when a model says she loves a member but cannot be with him until he pays for her taxes/surgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.