AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Announcing MFC Assistant!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2014
Rura Penthe serving a life sentence.
www.cammodelexpress.com
Twitter Username
@Moros1138
Tumblr Username
Moros1138
MFC Username
Moros1138
Chaturbate Username
Moros1138
Hello Everybody,

You may have noticed I'm not very active on this forum. The main reason is that I don't like to talk unless I have something substantial to talk about. Sometimes I'll talk if I feel the topic would benefit from anything I would add to it.

Well.. Today I have something to talk about!

The Myfreecams Assistant.

The MFC Assistant is a free Google Chrome extension which I have developed for the purpose of helping models increase their productivity while they're in their shows. In one word, it's a BOT! But it's not like any bot currently available for MFC.

Other bots available for MFC aren't made with the common user in mind. They're made for tech enthusiasts who are willing to go the extra mile to learn complex text based commands and spend hours troubleshooting until they've got it right!

MFC Assistant is all point and click. Once you tweak a few easy to learn settings it's all point and click. No confusing commands!

Best of all... It's FREE! It is FREE today and will be FREE until Google Chrome stops having an app store.

There are a few things you need to know, before you try it yourself. I don't have access to the model web on MFC, so this extension only works from the member's site. This isn't a huge problem because the member site let's you hide everything and the bot works fine with the member site window minimized!

My site also has a few screenshots and in a few days I'll be adding video demonstrations to the site as well!

https://www.moros1138.com/myfreecams-assistant/

Let me know what you think!

Here's how to reach me!

Email: moros1138@gmail.com
Twitter: @Moros1138
MFC: Moros1138
Or shoot me a message here!

Best of all... It's FREE! It is FREE today and will be FREE until Google Chrome stops having an app store.

The maker of CharlesBot challenges you to a duel as he glares at you from the corner good sir. He's mumbling something about there goes his $15 a month. Not sure, can't quite make it out.

Anyone give this a go yet?

Bookmarked for when I get my PC up and running again (don't use Chrome on my laptop). I especially like the idea that you post as yourself since there is the issue with CharlesBot that a lot of people have him on ignore. Will this remain on Chrome only, @Moros1138 ?

@Magnolia for now , chrome only. I do plan to expand into Mozilla Firefox if the demand warrants spending the time to port it over. I wake up tomorrow with 15k messages in my inbox begging for a Firefox version I'll shit myself and then work it into my budget.... exclusively in that order.

EDIT: by budget, I mean how much time I have available. I am currently the lead developer of 3 separate projects, including this.

The maker of CharlesBot challenges you to a duel as he glares at you from the corner good sir. He's mumbling something about there goes his $15 a month. Not sure, can't quite make it out.

I think there's plenty of room in the MFC landscape for the both of us. we just come at it from different angles is all.

There are a few things you need to know, before you try it yourself. I don't have access to the model web on MFC, so this extension only works from the member's site. This isn't a huge problem because the member site let's you hide everything and the bot works fine with the member site window minimized!
In the past an admin mentioned to me there could be problems being logged in at the same time on model account on both the website and the MWB. So if models end up reporting any issues with their MFC stream with both open, is it possible they use (or create) a premium account for the app? For example, I could have a premium account named "AmbersHelpBot" that logs in the website and uses the app.

Hopefully there is no longer an issue, but I figured I'd mention this in case.

Thanks for letting me know about that! I'll keep my ears peeled for it! Hopefully, it won't be an issue... *crosses fingers*
is it possible they use (or create) a premium account for the app?
This just brought another question to mind: if this is possible, what stops any ol' member from using it and posting stuff to the room with the app? (Obviously I haven't tried it, I could be missing some key aspects, but just spitballing here.)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Moros1138
This just brought another question to mind: if this is possible, what stops any ol' member from using it and posting stuff to the room with the app? (Obviously I haven't tried it, I could be missing some key aspects, but just spitballing here.)

Members can use it, but i would just ban any member posting something without your permission in the same way you would ban a member being a troll. it does mean a member could operate it for you if you wished. ..

Reactions: MissBlaire
I'd love to see this in Firefox! MFC hasn't been letting me broadcast from chrome in a year or so, for some reason. I will try chrome again for sure, I haven't for a few months. I hope this will count as one of the 15k messages. :D
Thank you for making this!

Members can use it, but i would just ban any member posting something without your permission in the same way you would ban a member being a troll. it does mean a member could operate it for you if you wished. .

I noticed it appears to have already been updated since this morning.

I installed it within minutes this morning and played around with it.

Originally I could see messages and fake tips in the lounges. The messages mentioned it was from autobot. The tips looked like I was tipping myself. So that made me wonder if a member could use that to fake tip a model, even if only I could see it, and then use a screen shot to convince a model I had really tipped for a something and mfc just had a glitch on their end.

So I went to a models room and tried. Couldn't see anything posting in the room. And the model didn't notice either. I tried several fake tips, escalating it up to 999999 fake tokens. She never even gasped.

I was also signed on to MFC from one of my other accounts. That one couldn't see anything at all, even in the lounges. So none of these things were viewed by anyone else, just the main member account I tried sending it from.

But I just tried again right now. I no longer could see the fake tips, even in the lounges. And then I went into @AmberCutie room and tried. It flat out wouldn't post anything. I got the message I wasn't allowed since I didn't have permission. So I'm thinking something changed already? If it hasn't, then I don't know why the difference from this morning.

Either way, members won't be able to use it to do something in your rooms. Not sure how to give them permission to do so if you want. Does it work if they are room helpers???
---

The games pull up this message when we try to submit them.
chrome_2016-11-03_15-35-09.png

As it is now, when the member first pulls up the bot, we can see chat from the room in it.

chrome_2016-11-03_15-37-19.png

But as soon as we hit either of those buttons to send it, this happens.

chrome_2016-11-03_15-37-33.png

I feel some clarification is in order. The initial release allowed anybody to use the bot.. member, model, even guests and basics. Then in a private conversation the concern about fraud screenshots and members using it in a model's room against her wishes, I pushed a revision that requires you to be logged in as the as the same username as the room name... effectively, this limits models to their own rooms and prevents members from using the bot at all.

I am going to work on a way for the model to authorize a member account to use the bot in her room.

I feel some clarification is in order. The initial release allowed anybody to use the bot.. member, model, even guests and basics. Then in a private conversation the concern about fraud screenshots and members using it in a model's room against her wishes, I pushed a revision that requires you to be logged in as the as the same username as the room name... effectively, this limits models to their own rooms and prevents members from using the bot at all.

I am going to work on a way for the model to authorize a member account to use the bot in her room.

Ahhh didn't realize you changed that. sorry!

I'd love to see this in Firefox! MFC hasn't been letting me broadcast from chrome in a year or so, for some reason. I will try chrome again for sure, I haven't for a few months. I hope this will count as one of the 15k messages. :D
Thank you for making this!

1 down, 14999 to go!

Alrighty, I ran into one hell of a snag. For some reason MFC doesn't trigger tip events when their in the modelweb and their room on the member site at the same time. This effectively screws the way I am capturing tips for the Tip War and Token Keno. The Saved/Timed messages still work as advertised so that's a silver lining. I'm working very hard to find a solution to the tip event issues.

I'll let y'all know when I have something new on the subject.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Always_Tim
I'm excited to see the video demonstration as I'm still a bit confused on how this works (I'm not a huge techie, I usually need someone to eli5 haha), but it sounds super exciting!
Because of the snag I discuss in the previous message, video demonstrations are going to be delayed until I can come up with a solution to that problem. I'm sorry! :(

Okay, A quick update on my progress. I have been adapting it so that everything is handled inside the model web (no member site access required).. I'm confident I can have a working version available relatively soon. The big thing slowing me down at this point is the fact that I'm not a model and I don't have direct access to the model web for testing, so if it takes a while, that's why.

The good news: I'm writing the extension in such a way that once I have it properly capturing tips and chat messages, everything else (saved messages, games) I write for the assistant won't need model web access for me to test!

Hello everybody! As promised, I'm here to update you on my progress! Earlier tonight I worked with a, currently nameless, model testing the changes I made to the MFC Assistant. EVERYTHING WORKED (Except for some reason chat emotes weren't showing up in the assistant's chatbox.. I'll work on that)

What Changes were made?
  1. It now uses the Model Web.
  2. Added a "Waiting for Model Web" page, which opens by default.
Two little items on a list, but let me tell you, there were A LOT of changes in the behind-the-scenes code to make it happen!

The MFC Assistant now uses the Model Web for all of it's tip capturing and chat message capturing. This means that users of the assistant will no longer need to open up a MFC member site version of their room in order to use it! This also means that only Models will be able to use the assistant for any meaningful purpose. While I understand members might find a tool like this useful, my ultimate goal with this project is to provide a tool for Models... sorry members.

If you open the MFC Assistant window and the Model Web has not been loaded and/or you are not broadcasting, the assistant will wait until it detects the chat room in the Model Web has become available before allowing you to navigate anywhere inside the assistant's popup window!

So what now?

Right now I am waiting for feedback from a couple ladies who have graciously volunteered to test the developer mode version of the extension! Assuming their tests go well, the next step is pushing it to the chrome store! If things don't go well, I'll be back to explain what I have to fix! Either way, progress will be made!

Acknoledgements

A Very Special Thanks To:
  • The lovely people who have volunteered their time and efforts to to help me develop and test this. You know who you are and what you did.
  • KradekMFC, who's github repos are full of MFC related resources that served as inspiration during the early development of this software!
  • Every single person who liked/retweeted/or otherwise interacted with me here and on social media when I made my announcement about this! Thanks for spreadin' the word!
THANK YOU ALL!!!!

-Moros

Is Google going to let this pass? They've gotten nearly as strict about sexwork related stuff as Apple, dating apps notwithstanding. Once upon a time there was a nice phone app that let you see when models were online on MFC, but that got removed.

Is Google going to let this pass? They've gotten nearly as strict about sexwork related stuff as Apple, dating apps notwithstanding. Once upon a time there was a nice phone app that let you see when models were online on MFC, but that got removed.

I should think not.. Cam Your Way and Lovense have been let into the market without issue and I did apply the "Mature" rating on, just in case. If worst comes to worst, I can do one hell of a tutorial video on how to install extensions in developer mode! One way or another, this is happening!

ANNNNND.... it's working well enough that I pushed an update to the chrome store.

You can find it by visiting my site and clicking the Install link (which takes you to the chrome store page)

https://www.moros1138.com/myfreecams-assistant/

or you can go to the store directly, here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mfcassistant/jajmdjmcplopigaiobodlignenafehfg

Those of you who have already installed the extension should notice that chrome automatically updated the extension for you. If it is not version 1.0.9, you need to update it!

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Good news for Firefox users! I spent a few hours today learning how to port the assistant over to Firefox and it turned out to be far simpler than I expected. Right now I'm waiting for it to pass the mozilla reviewers. Once it does, I'll be back with a link to it!

I should think not.. Cam Your Way and Lovense have been let into the market without issue and I did apply the "Mature" rating on, just in case. If worst comes to worst, I can do one hell of a tutorial video on how to install extensions in developer mode! One way or another, this is happening!
lovense actually runs in developer mode. Not sure if thats due to google being twats or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.