AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What should be done when a topic is cleared when I have to log off

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missholly

Cam Model
Nov 9, 2017
MFC Username
Holly_Lynn
Hi all,

Was going to post this in models only since I now have model status (so exciting) but I decided I would like answers from members as well.

Today I had a count down of 500 for panties off + finger tease. The countdown was not budging. After 1.5 hours I put a timer up of :20 minutes and told them I would have to log off because I have another job I have to get too and literally by the time I log off I have to throw on my other clothes and run to my car lol.

My timer went up and I started saying bye and someone cleared the countdown... at this point I have noo time. I have to log off, I have given notice that I had to log off.

At first I didn't think much cause the tip was for my snap chat and I added them to snap. But then when I was driving to my other job I started thinking about how they actually cleared the countdown and I just logged off afterwards. They should of known I had to leave but to people who aren't paying attention it could look like I just cleared the countdown and dipped....

What would you do as a model in this situation?

As a member what would you like the model to do?

I say don't feel guilty and go anyway as long as you have alerted them with ample time. Some members do this shit as power play and get off on inconveniencing you.

If they keep doing it I keep their money and block their ass to the shadow realm.

I would been a little pissed. Your countdown should allowed time for the performance. If you have a hard set time which you plan to leave give yourself wind down time before you actually leave.

You miscalculated however a deal should be a deal. You should at least messages the top contributors and made sure they weren't offended.

• Helpful!
Reactions: missholly
I would been a little pissed. Your countdown should allowed time for the performance. If you have a hard set time which you plan to leave give yourself wind down time before you actually leave.

You miscalculated however a deal should be a deal. You should at least messages the top contributors and made sure they weren't offended.

Thank you for your response I do completely see why how you would be upset. Although
I think I planned enough time for the performance and I have a set time I get off everyday as I have another job. if it was to have been cleared the 122 within the 20 minute countdown I put up I would've had than 10 minutes to perform the tease. I do believe I messed up by not deleting the countdown once the timer was up and it was my time to say goodbye.

In this instance, I'd say apologise to the members who tipped and maybe offer something for those tips (pic sets or friend adds or whatever you have on offer that's priced similarly to what they tipped).

In future, I'd say be sure to be more careful with time management. If you have to leave the house at say, 5pm and you know it 's gonna take 15 minutes to honour your topic, set the timer to end at 4:45pm.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and missholly
Obviously do not miss your other job. Depending on how pressing your other obligation is, take each instance as they come. Only worry about the tippers, everyone else can quite literally go fuck themselves. If someone did tip just send them a message saying "Thanks for yesterday, sorry I had to log off. Come back again and I'll do a little something for you." Bam. Easy.

Some members do this shit as power play
I do in fact have some playfully difficult members who seem to do this from time to time, just to see if they can get me to stay. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Depends if I feel like it... omg im so meta
Your countdown should allowed time for the performance.
I would agree with this statement in general. When I do timers I set them so I still have time for the show before I need/want to log off.

But:
the tip was for my snap chat and I added them to snap.
If the only reason it was completed was due to a member purchasing content or a subscription like this, there is much less to feel guilty about, IMO.

In this instance, I'd say apologise to the members who tipped and maybe offer something for those tips (pic sets or friend adds or whatever you have on offer that's priced similarly to what they tipped).

In future, I'd say be sure to be more careful with time management. If you have to leave the house at say, 5pm and you know it 's gonna take 15 minutes to honour your topic, set the timer to end at 4:45pm.

Thank you!! Great advice. I did set the timer to have 10 minutes after for performance. But they tipped in that 10 minute period after the timer when I was saying bye lol. I think I should have deleted the topic once the countdown was done.

Thank you!! Great advice. I did set the timer to have 10 minutes after for performance. But they tipped in that 10 minute period after the timer when I was saying bye lol. I think I should have deleted the topic once the countdown was done.
Bingo! Exactly the best thing to do.

Reactions: Gen and missholly
Yes. It sounds like you planned everything right except deleting the countdown. If you’re sure to do that in the future you’ll be fine.
Since he bought snap, you should be good but you could just send him a couple private direct snaps with an explanation about the count as an extra “sorry bout that” token of appreciation.

wait so the entire 500 token goal was all from one person who got your snap? i'd do what the countdown promised in a direct snap to that person. i don't think you owe anything to everyone else in your room for simply hanging around, since it obviously wasn't on purpose and you said you had somewhere else to be

i'd do what the countdown promised in a direct snap to that person.
Oh that's a nice idea. Sometimes if I have one tipper who did nearly the entire count but we didn't make it, I'll send them a personal sexy snap or two after I log off.

Reactions: Gen and Fatquack
wait so the entire 500 token goal was all from one person who got your snap? i'd do what the countdown promised in a direct snap to that person. i don't think you owe anything to everyone else in your room for simply hanging around, since it obviously wasn't on purpose and you said you had somewhere else to be
What @ZoeBanx said. As a member it's a very nice gesture to receive. Personally, I woulnd't have been offended as there's been many times I log into a model's room only to find out she's leaving in a couple of minutes (damn my stupid schedule!). Especially with this being an "item" purchase.

EDIT: I'll also add that I've been one who's cleared multiple goals, and received similar things such as private snaps, or even a suprise skype because I was the only one tipping. But, I've also held off on tipping to see if others in the room will. In the cases where a room can't/won't clear a countdown, just as the model's leaving, I'll usually ninja tip her with a note saying something along the lines of wishing her a good night, rest of her day. Or, even as cheesy as "Smile!! :D"

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the other posts here yet, but in the future maybe in your room topic you could say that you'll be online until __ PM EST, and then be sure to remove the 'panties off/finger tease' section from your room topic during your final - I don't know? - 15/20 minutes left on cam?

Reactions: missholly
I wouldn't beat yourself up about that. I had someone tip me for something as I was logging off, I told them I would do it next time I was online. Logged on, and delivered.

See the problem with this, lets say it was only one person who tipped and reached that goal and you make that promise to do it when you're next on and will 100% honour it BUT that person who tipped is not on. Do you still do that show without them there to see? Or do you try and wait for them (either that day or another day) so they get to see it to? At what point do you "stop waiting" for that person (or persons)?

I guess this can all depend on many things and your own (not just you but other models) opinions. Interested to see what you all think though.

As a member I don't see a problem. So you were a little late removing the countdown, the timer was up and the countdown was not cleared. So be it. The member tipped for snap and got that, so he got what he paid for too.
These things happen.

What @ZoeBanx said. As a member it's a very nice gesture to receive. Personally, I woulnd't have been offended as there's been many times I log into a model's room only to find out she's leaving in a couple of minutes (damn my stupid schedule!). Especially with this being an "item" purchase.

EDIT: I'll also add that I've been one who's cleared multiple goals, and received similar things such as private snaps, or even a suprise skype because I was the only one tipping. But, I've also held off on tipping to see if others in the room will. In the cases where a room can't/won't clear a countdown, just as the model's leaving, I'll usually ninja tip her with a note saying something along the lines of wishing her a good night, rest of her day. Or, even as cheesy as "Smile!! :D"

As a member I don't see a problem. So you were a little late removing the countdown, the timer was up and the countdown was not cleared. So be it. The member tipped for snap and got that, so he got what he paid for too.
These things happen.

You guys are the members dreams are made of, haha.

I did something similar for my favorite model once and cleared her count after the time was up. I did it because I didn't want her to feel sad about not clearing a single count the entire evening. I don't think you have to worry but if you do talk to the tipper that cleared the count, communication is the best thing for situations where misunderstandings might happen.

Hi all,

Was going to post this in models only since I now have model status (so exciting) but I decided I would like answers from members as well.

Today I had a count down of 500 for panties off + finger tease. The countdown was not budging. After 1.5 hours I put a timer up of :20 minutes and told them I would have to log off because I have another job I have to get too and literally by the time I log off I have to throw on my other clothes and run to my car lol.

My timer went up and I started saying bye and someone cleared the countdown... at this point I have noo time. I have to log off, I have given notice that I had to log off.

At first I didn't think much cause the tip was for my snap chat and I added them to snap. But then when I was driving to my other job I started thinking about how they actually cleared the countdown and I just logged off afterwards. They should of known I had to leave but to people who aren't paying attention it could look like I just cleared the countdown and dipped....

What would you do as a model in this situation?

As a member what would you like the model to do?
Did he mention that he wanted a show? He might have been waiting until the countdown was done to tip to NOT to put stress on you to do a show.

Reactions: Gen
Some models do a last calls.
"I'll be leaving in X minutes. We have X minutes before I cancel the goal. This is your last chance for privates."

Status
Not open for further replies.