AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can anyone be good at video games?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_lynn

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 4, 2016
Twitter Username
@xasia_lynnx
Streamate Username
Xasia_lynnX
I was just thinking about this earlier and talking to my boyfriend about it... I suck at video games and I don't enjoy them because I get so confused. 3-dimensional platforms of any kind confuse the heck out of me and the only video games i've ever managed to play are like the 2-d games on my old NES, like the ones where you just go back and forwards.

anyways I'd like to be able to play video games even just a little bit for social reasons and I'm wondering if I'm just not the type? Or is that not a thing and I'll get it if I try. thoughts?

I was just thinking about this earlier and talking to my boyfriend about it... I suck at video games and I don't enjoy them because I get so confused. 3-dimensional platforms of any kind confuse the heck out of me and the only video games i've ever managed to play are like the 2-d games on my old NES, like the ones where you just go back and forwards.

anyways I'd like to be able to play video games even just a little bit for social reasons and I'm wondering if I'm just not the type? Or is that not a thing and I'll get it if I try. thoughts?
Any one can become good at video games it is just a matter of practice. I know a guy who is paralyzed from the neck down who raided in WoW. He wasn't the best and not the worst either, but he was the most dedicated. Also there is a guy who is blind that finished Zelda Ocarina of Time after a speed runner mapped out the game for him.

• Helpful!
Reactions: asia_lynn
Not all games are "twitch" games, some test more than your reactions. One my Grandfather aged 75 (back then) used to play was called Sokoban. Puzzle solver, man pushing boxes into a storage area.

Plenty of games these days rely upon strategy more than upon reactions; as I get older i play things like World of Warships - because it doesn't require fast actions, can be strategic, and definitely needs some team work.

There's a huge variety of games out there.

Reactions: asia_lynn
I’m the “shittiest” and least skilled played in the universe lol

Hahaha, but for real, I really am impaired for games too, but I love them way too much to give up. If is something you really want, you can do. Spend some hours playing per week and gradually you will get there. May not be as quick, but like everything else, it just take time. There are some games that I finished that I’m still like “wtf, how did I do that?!”

There's so many different kinds of games and so many different modes to play it! I grew up using console games and was awful at first person shooters so I thought I was a bad gamer, but then I found a great rpg and got over my fear of using wasd keys and have never looked back haha

Wow thanks guys, seems like I need to keep trying, maybe try some new games too!

I suggest looking at Good Old Games. Too many games today are twitch fire for 13 year old boys or have in game purchases that make them maddening if you don't spend $800 a month. Games of the past had a complete storyline, let you progress at your own pace and they're still just as fun today. Bonus level : cheaper.

Don't let the front page of war games put you off, lots of categories.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kitty1purry
I suggest looking at Good Old Games. Too many games today are twitch fire for 13 year old boys or have in game purchases that make them maddening if you don't spend $800 a month. Games of the past had a complete storyline, let you progress at your own pace and they're still just as fun today. Bonus level : cheaper.

Don't let the front page of war games put you off, lots of categories.
While I agree that GOG is a good place to buy games both new and old I disagree with that most games today are twitch shooters or require $800 a month of in game purchases to be fun. You clearly don't remember how it was back in the day when eSports was in its infancy, when people where playing Quake 3, Unreal Tournament 2003, Counterstrike 1.6, Call of Duty, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a bunch of other games that I haven't mentioned. Back then all shooters required reflexes and it isn't like that today. Now you can pick up a game like PUBG or Overwatch and win without having the best reflexes.

Only a fraction of the games that comes out have in game purchases to be enjoyed. Those that have in game purchases won't cost $800 a month and I should know because I have probably spent several thousands on games (not counting hardware) and slightly less than a thousand dollars on in game purchases. Most of the new games also have a complete story line, not every game is Middle-earth: Shadow of War.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
You clearly don't remember how it was back in the day when eSports was in its infancy, when people where playing Quake 3, Unreal Tournament 2003, Counterstrike 1.6, Call of Duty, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a bunch of other games that I haven't mentioned. Back then all shooters required reflexes and it isn't like that today. Now you can pick up a game like PUBG or Overwatch and win without having the best reflexes.

That's about the time I quit playing. Last PC game was Medal of Honor . Only recently came back, and yes, been annoyed to no end by freeium gaming. I've played against, and with, people who spent $13 grand on a phone game for in game purchases. It's beyond disgusting in a variety of ways.

I admit I haven't picked up a $60 title since I came back, and freeium has put me off buying a game outright. In your post you've done more to attract me to trying one than the industry has. Mostly I just golf now.

Last edited:
That's about the time I quit playing. Only recently came back, and yes, been annoyed to no end by freeium gaming. I've played against, and with, people who spent $13 grand on a phone game for in game purchases. It's beyond disgusting in a variety of ways.

I admit I haven't picked up a $60 title since I came back, and freeium has put me off buying a game outright. In your post you've done more to attract me to trying one than the industry has. Mostly I just golf now.
There is your problem, you are playing on mobile which is littered with cash vampires. If you want a good experience you should play on PC or on console. A PC has a higher cost for the hardware, but if you buy and play a lot of games it is cheaper than a console in the long run seeing how console games are priced compared to PC games.

But my PCI 3DFX-3500 (183mhz core!) video card is practically new, I only want to buy games that use it ;)

Enough about me and old twitch nostalgia, back to topic. Got any 2D scroller suggestions for Asia_Lynn?

Too many games today are twitch fire for 13 year old boys or have in game purchases that make them maddening if you don't spend $800 a month. Games of the past had a complete storyline, let you progress at your own pace and they're still just as fun today.

I recently bought the Mega Man Legacy Collection for XBox, thinking I'd relive my youth by playing these old games. Despite my years of "twitch" shooting, my skills at these old school platform side scrollers has essentially disappeared. I literally Game Over'd 10 times before even finishing 1 level of Mega Man 3. I don't know how I used to be able to breeze through these as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.