AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever used a white noise machine?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!
I've owned several over the years. I generally go with the static sound over the nature sounds. Although I like the sound of crickets I found that all the machines I have had you could hear where it looped on the crickets. Which really bothered me. "Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp ch--chirp" *smashes box*

As a kid I had cassette tapes with different nature sounds as well. I've basically always been fucked up when it comes to sleep.

Now I generally use ASMR videos to fall asleep.

My issue is my first 45 mins of sleep. Anything will wake me during that time. The sound of my heater turning on, a car driving by. My partner rustling the blankets next to me. So I use various sounds to get me through that stage of sleep and then after that I can barely even wake up when my alarm goes off.

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
Yes! I used a white noise machine from Radioshack for many years. My favorite sound on it was the train. Now I use an app on my phone and sleep to the sound of beach waves.

No. Actually, I am in noise all day long. As well as many times well into the night. The sound of the cooling fan on my laptop drives my crazy, as does ticking clocks, etc. When I come home, many times, I turn nothing on and just enjoy the silence.

I need a fan going when I sleep. It's the only thing that I've found that really helps mellow my tinnitus and cover up outside noise.

I use a fan. I also keep my bathroom fan on all the time (its a small apartment) to drown out my tinnitus

Have you ever heard of simply noise, simply rain, or the Youtube space station 9 hour sound track? There's an abundance of white noise, and room tone recordings you can get for free. I personally prefer the lower frequency white noises.
My neighbors next door occasionally throw trance, and house quake parties. Every time I try to come by and get them to stop, they crack me up with their jokes, so I am pretty used to sleeping with noise by now.

I haven't used a white noise machine but I have downloaded as well as listened via YouTube to rain/thunderstorms loops to get some deep sleep.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dan Epstein
No. But I'm pretty sure I have somewhere a couple of CDs my ex used for her yoga stuff. I think she bought them at a Spa. Some kind of "new age" music I have to say I really don't get it. It's supposed to put you in a relaxed/chilled mood but, honestly, the only thing you get is exactly the opposite effect. Made me nervous and gave me a bit of headache everytime. Don't know why but that's what it is. At least for me. I really have to find them and throw 'em away.

Last edited:
No, but I’ve pulled up that cool Ambient Mixer website, and spent an hour or two enjoying all the different sounds (Harry Potter school children talking...the sounds of their books’ pages turning...rainstorm sounds...the “creepy sounds” one is AWESOME). Check it out sometime. It’s amazing.

I also love to listen to ASMR Darling on YouTube. She even has a video where she’s playing Super Mario Odyssey ASMR-style.

Status
Not open for further replies.