AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wireless keyboards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexysally666

Cam Model
Apr 14, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about how to spend some gift card money and have been flirting with the idea of buying a wireless keyboard. I think it would be helpful to not have to go up to my computer every time I want to respond to a pm or type in my room, but maybe there are better ways to spend my money. Those of you who have used them in your shows, would you recommend getting one? If yes, are there any particular brands or models that you would endorse? Thanks! :)

I find my wireless keyboard really helpful. I like not having to move to type constantly. I just bought a really cheep one since I'm notorious for accidentally squirting all over mine.

I bought a Logitech keyboard and mouse set that I liked but the keyboard was SO LOUD.

Now I use Logitech keys to go. Which I fucking love. Totally silent. Only thing is the keyboard is small and took some getting used to. No numerical pad on the right side like my larger clickity clackity Logitech wireless keyboard.

A wireless keyboard was actually my first cam purchase. I knew my first time online I couldn't live without it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sexysally666
I have a fairly cheap Logitech set was 30$ Canadian at Wal-Mart here. Probably cheaper in the US. Has a keyboard and mouse and is really quiet. I love it .

• Helpful!
Reactions: sexysally666
Even if I didn't cam, I'd still use a wireless keyboard, it's just so convenient. I have the cheapo Logitech keyboard and mouse set that they sell at Target, I've been using it since 2011 and it's still working great.

I've had better luck with Microsoft wireless keyboards than Logitech. They seem to get better range without lagging or missing keystrokes, at least in my experience. I like to hook my laptop up to my TV and type from across the room. Same price range as anything mentioned above. If you don't have special needs and you're not picky, $30 or under should do fine. I like Logitech mice better, unfortunately having both of those devices wireless means plugging in two receivers, so I get the Microsoft set and use the mouse until it dies an early death.

I've had better luck with Microsoft wireless keyboards than Logitech. They seem to get better range without lagging or missing keystrokes, at least in my experience. I like to hook my laptop up to my TV and type from across the room. Same price range as anything mentioned above. If you don't have special needs and you're not picky, $30 or under should do fine. I like Logitech mice better, unfortunately having both of those devices wireless means plugging in two receivers, so I get the Microsoft set and use the mouse until it dies an early death.

The newer versions can just run off Bluetooth on newer computers. My keys to go is Bluetooth and there's no issue at all. I had a bluetooth mouse as well but it was a cheap Amazon version and it was trash so I'm back to the old Logitech with the reciever.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
The newer versions can just run off Bluetooth on newer computers. My keys to go is Bluetooth and there's no issue at all. I had a bluetooth mouse as well but it was a cheap Amazon version and it was trash so I'm back to the old Logitech with the reciever.

I have one of the first versions of the Keys-to-Go. Bought it for my tablet, as well as a two device Bluetooth mouth (no wheel, touch sensitive top). I was going to link the mouse. But, looks like they don't make it anymore. It's only about 1/2" at the back, designed for high portability.

I'm not a fan of wireless keyboards. I don't like the little delay when you type.

I've never noticed a delay except for when my laptop is just freezing briefly because it's a cranky old bitch, I've experienced that even when typing on the laptop's keyboard. I've spent years going from a wired keyboard at the office to a wireless at home and noticed no difference in delays happening. I'm also painfully unobservant at times, and if I don't know that it's happening I often won't notice.

I ended up deciding on the Logitech K830. The previous wireless keyboard I had would give me problems when the trackpad got a little wet (sometimes things get a little hot and sweaty, or lubey), and I didn't always have a towel nearby, sooo I went looking for one that had good reviews for the little trackpad. I didn't want one with a separate mouse, either. It's not easy using a mouse on the bed, without finding something like a book to put it on. Too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.