AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fan clubs on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2018
Norway
Twitter Username
@esther_sweet94
Hi everyone!
I am a new member to the forum but have been browsing it plenty for research and answer to all of my questions. So I would like to start off with thanking you for existing and being active :3 :h:

So I have been camming for some time now, and there is this one feature that I am curious about - the fan clubs. I get that you can post pictures videos etc but is there a more fun stuff to add to it? What do you guys have for your fan clubs? I was thinking of some sort of chat perhaps - what would be a good site? I like being creative and I have people wanting to join my fan club but atm there is just some nudes in my gallery and no one is buying that (ofcourse).

Also, I havent been starting a snapchat for my camming yet, it seems like alot of work.. Answering everyones snap etc. How do you take it?

Thanks in advance
Love
Esther

Some things I offer for my fanclub members are a monthly free video, monthly snapchat, & a few free spanks every show. Also, fanclub members are able send you PMs (which could be a selling point if you usually charge for them, or what I do personally is not read PMs at all unless it's from a FC member) and get free entry into CrazyTicket shows if you ever do those.

If you want to have a chat for your members outside of CB I would recommend making a discord server.

As far as snapchat, I wouldn't worry too much about it being overwhelming especially since you're just starting out and you likely won't have a huge number of snap friends from the get-go. Determine what kinds of things you're going to post on it/how often and set a price based on that. It's your snap and your rules so you are never obligated to respond to people who send you chats or snaps if that's not your thing. I open everything I receive on snap but rarely respond. As long as you let people know what kind of content to expect and what level of interaction you're comfortable with it shouldn't be a problem.

Some things I offer for my fanclub members are a monthly free video, monthly snapchat, & a few free spanks every show. Also, fanclub members are able send you PMs (which could be a selling point if you usually charge for them, or what I do personally is not read PMs at all unless it's from a FC member) and get free entry into CrazyTicket shows if you ever do those.

If you want to have a chat for your members outside of CB I would recommend making a discord server.

As far as snapchat, I wouldn't worry too much about it being overwhelming especially since you're just starting out and you likely won't have a huge number of snap friends from the get-go. Determine what kinds of things you're going to post on it/how often and set a price based on that. It's your snap and your rules so you are never obligated to respond to people who send you chats or snaps if that's not your thing. I open everything I receive on snap but rarely respond. As long as you let people know what kind of content to expect and what level of interaction you're comfortable with it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you so much! I have some ideas now thanks to your response. Also thank you for the thoughts on Snapchat. I feel more inclined to create one now.

I used to do the fanclub option and offer free crazy ticket show entry for all members, along with free access to all the videos I have on sale there. Honestly, I kind of just did it because it was there, and it was another way to diversify earnings. @Sierra Sage has way better ideas than I on this one.

I mostly just posted to offer a quick forewarning: be careful when promising regular i.e. monthly amenities/services like free clips, chat sessions, etc. As you advance in your camming 'career', you'll probably diversify what you do (maybe you already have - if so, my bad) and have a lot on your plate. Just make sure that what they are paying you is always worth the time you put into uploading, sending, communicating, etc plus the value of the actual 'product'. I've seen a lot of models forget that the time they put into stuff should be considered an investment, just like if you were paying cash out-of-pocket. Speaking from experience here that it's very easy to get overwhelmed (and overpromise)!

Good luck! I totally recommend getting 'model verified' here on ACF so you can access the models only forums :D

I used to do the fanclub option and offer free crazy ticket show entry for all members, along with free access to all the videos I have on sale there. Honestly, I kind of just did it because it was there, and it was another way to diversify earnings. @Sierra Sage has way better ideas than I on this one.

I mostly just posted to offer a quick forewarning: be careful when promising regular i.e. monthly amenities/services like free clips, chat sessions, etc. As you advance in your camming 'career', you'll probably diversify what you do (maybe you already have - if so, my bad) and have a lot on your plate. Just make sure that what they are paying you is always worth the time you put into uploading, sending, communicating, etc plus the value of the actual 'product'. I've seen a lot of models forget that the time they put into stuff should be considered an investment, just like if you were paying cash out-of-pocket. Speaking from experience here that it's very easy to get overwhelmed (and overpromise)!

Good luck! I totally recommend getting 'model verified' here on ACF so you can access the models only forums :D

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I havent been doing the fan club at all because of those reasons and the things you write here is worth considering. Id like to sell panties and some of my art too, but its obviously a lot of work and I want to make sure I dont get overwhelmed, especially knowing my energy levels vary with my mental (un)health.. I notice I would like to be more active with my fans outside of just the stream , especially those I chat with about all and nothing. I have already made some good friends. I took some time with my boyfriend to figure out how much time it would take to have a fanclub with all the stuff I wanted. I now have added monthly videos (more explicit), weekly videos (tease, dance, this I just record before the stream already to warm up and see how the stream will look like. They will be fan club exlusive), free snapchat, free pms and also free entrance to Crazy Ticket or hidden shows.. And a discord chat. Im always chatting away when Im on the computer anyways. I figure if I want to remove something, Ill tell the members and lower the price. Ive been so on and off this camming thing and I think putting in an hour or so a day outside of the stream will also make me more involved. But starting slow ofcourse. No one has joined yet. :p

Yes, I would really like to get verified, but I cant figure out how long I have to be active for..

Chaturbate official features for the fanclub are:

1) Green username in chat (brings about a sense of camaraderie)
2) Capacity to PM the model whose fanclub they joined
3) Free access to profile albums the model chooses to share with fanclub members. At the moment the model can choose to make an album exclusive for fanclub members, for fanclub members and paying customers, or for paying customers only.

But remember, Chaturbate is kind of "open source" when it comes to chat functionality, so a lot of the chatroom's features are developed by fans and users through the bots and apps. There are as many bots and apps as people on planet Earth and many of them include special features for fanclub members such as:

1) Some all purpose bots like "All in one bot" or "ultra bot" will let you set a custom image to be featured next to your fanclub members names. It's like a small icon that shows up after their name but before their messages in chat.
2) Some hidden cam apps like Crazy Ticket Show have the option to let fanclub members in for free. You can either set that before each show or make it a sell point and keep it for every single show.

In addition to these 2 things, many models offer custom features to members of their fanclub, the most popular things are:

1) A "free" monthly video the model sends them. If you want to do this make sure you ask them for their email address and have a system in place to keep track of who is in the fanclub and who isn't. Remember, members can quit the fan club at any time and they should only receive 1 free video for each month they are in it. But since their join dates are all different you will have to manually keep track of this before sending out videos.
2) Access to extra content in social media. It can be a secret and private twitter account, a blog, a VIP snapchat where they post naughtier stuff or anything of the sort. Same thing as the free videos, you have to make sure you can keep track of who is still in the club and who isn't so you can take them off your paid Snapchat if they don't renew their subscription.
3) Access to special movie nights on third party services like Rabb.it or password protected rooms on CB itself.

Pros and cons of fanclubs:

PROS:
– It does not go by tokens so they don't have to remember and then take like 15 steps to renew the club: go to site, buy tokens, tip tokens etc. It gets charged to their card automatically.
– It is stable income that you can kind of depend on, at least more than tokens for the reason above. It gives you a sense of security
– It feels real nice to log in to your account and find a fat offline tip, only it's not a tip, it is someone's fanclub subscription getting renewed. Feels nice.

CONS:
– There is a "flat rate" mentality with the fanclub. Many feel that if they are already paying you a monthly fee through the fanclub they are already doing their part and can just lay back and enjoy all your shows for free. Which hurts your live show more than you imagine. Suppose you have 3 regulars who used to tip you for your goals. Now they sign up for the fanclub and feel like they are doing their part. Only now you dont have that hand helping you move your show along because they tip this sum offline. Which makes your room feel much slower than it did before and doesn't encourage new tippers to hang and tip for things.
– They also feel entitled to much more than they did when they were tipping instead of getting a subscription
– It forces you to do things you might not be in the mood for. If you offer them a video every month that is one video you must make and what happens if only 1 person is in your fanclub for a while? Does it compensate your effort? If you offer them special access to social media imagine the hell that is keeping up with Snapchat for only 1 person. Or writing blog posts. Or keeping up with a discord chat... you would be doing private shows for real cheap.
– If the card they used expired or is declined for any reason their fanclub subscription will not be renewed, they will have to come back and join again.

My advice is to keep the fanclub real cheap and only offer them the things that CB already offers them: green username, PM privileges, and maybe upload an album once every blue moon. It fosters a sense of camaraderie, people know who is a fan of you and they bond with the green fist emote.

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I havent been doing the fan club at all because of those reasons and the things you write here is worth considering. Id like to sell panties and some of my art too, but its obviously a lot of work and I want to make sure I dont get overwhelmed, especially knowing my energy levels vary with my mental (un)health.. I notice I would like to be more active with my fans outside of just the stream , especially those I chat with about all and nothing. I have already made some good friends. I took some time with my boyfriend to figure out how much time it would take to have a fanclub with all the stuff I wanted. I now have added monthly videos (more explicit), weekly videos (tease, dance, this I just record before the stream already to warm up and see how the stream will look like. They will be fan club exlusive), free snapchat, free pms and also free entrance to Crazy Ticket or hidden shows.. And a discord chat. Im always chatting away when Im on the computer anyways. I figure if I want to remove something, Ill tell the members and lower the price. Ive been so on and off this camming thing and I think putting in an hour or so a day outside of the stream will also make me more involved. But starting slow ofcourse. No one has joined yet. :p

Yes, I would really like to get verified, but I cant figure out how long I have to be active for..

Here's the Model Verification Thread - all the info you need should be there. Hope you can join us soon and share what you have to say! There are also so many experienced models here who really know their stuff. I've certainly learned a ton from them. It's a great community - think of us as your coworkers...because we are :D

And yeah, definitely take things one step at a time. I started out camming - like most of us - and put together both long-term and short-term goals and a business plan of sorts. We are in the unique position (what with the adult industry now being largely autonomous and models having absolute power over their own content if they desire - unlike the 80s and 90s where a model had to work for a major producer) where we can brand our model personas and build a virtual empire of content and multiple income sources.

While camming, I launched a Twitter and advertised the hell out of it on Chaturbate. It served as my 'hub' for all things "TexMuscleJock". I then slowly accumulated video content, consolidated it onto OnlyFans and launched my first fan-page. I still kept the fanclub on CB open, but it was really up to a fan if they wanted to join...and secretly served as an incentive to go over to OnlyFans if I am being wholly honest. One of the greatest marketing strategies is to make a product desirable by offering a lesser alternative. The same principle applies when people buy something just because they have a coupon or discount for it...when they never even intended to buy that something in the first place!

Next, I started selling 'worn items' and used notifiers in my cam-room to advertise it (I always redirected viewers to leave their email in a tip-note or DM me about buying worn items). I see a lot of men selling their worn briefs etc on CB - I think this is the lesser option - you're using a middleman (CB) who isn't doing anything for you (it's not like CB facilitates your worn items sales), and it's difficult to communicate with the buyer. Worn clothing buyers appreciate having options instead of a flat-fee across the board. I always offered options for my worn stuff (like how many days worn, what type of briefs, etc) and they sold like crazy!

Later, I launched my first, then second clip stores (which I later opened on multiple sites). Most recent, I launched my website where I have all of my content and social media links, blog posts, info on worn item sales, KIK sessions, and other services in one place. Every single service on there is something I waited to add on - I waited until the 'project' before it was totally set up and optimized. The next step I am taking is launching my third clipsite and eventually an actual production studio. I never imagined things would go this far when I started camming!

It all sounds so overwhelming written down. And it definitely can be if you rush into everything at once. I learned from my mistakes early on and henceforth took everything step-by-step. I'd never launch a new service, site, or whatever until the one I was working on currently was fully optimized and running smoothly (and I was 100% comfortable with it). I always wait until everything settles before moving onto the next step.

In hindsight, it seems like a TON to manage, but you start to find systems and ways of organizing and managing things if you take your time. Another added benefit of patiently timing your 'launches' is that you actually increase your audience outreach. For instance, if someone launches a ManyVids store, Clips4Sale store, new camsite account, and a personal website all at the same time, they are spreading their current audience thin across all of these things. Instead, you can slowly build audiences on each and they will follow you onto your next project.

Last, I always recommend having a 'hub', even if you only offer one service or outlet e.g. camming. Twitter is a good option - it's accessible, popular, versatile, and easy to maintain.

You know this already, but just a reminder to always put your comfort first: if you get stressed out with a service or project, drop it. I quit skype shows because I hated them. They stressed me out and were an organizational nightmare. In the end, the butthurt, needy folks got over it and the true fans totally understood where I was coming from. And I avoided quitting adult media forever out of frustration.

Anyway, here I am ranting again. This is just my personal story - I totally believe the sky is the limit for you (and everyone here). Hope this helps!

Edit: Nice; I see you're rockin' Aphex Twin :D

Chaturbate official features for the fanclub are:

1) Green username in chat (brings about a sense of camaraderie)
2) Capacity to PM the model whose fanclub they joined
3) Free access to profile albums the model chooses to share with fanclub members. At the moment the model can choose to make an album exclusive for fanclub members, for fanclub members and paying customers, or for paying customers only.

But remember, Chaturbate is kind of "open source" when it comes to chat functionality, so a lot of the chatroom's features are developed by fans and users through the bots and apps. There are as many bots and apps as people on planet Earth and many of them include special features for fanclub members such as:

1) Some all purpose bots like "All in one bot" or "ultra bot" will let you set a custom image to be featured next to your fanclub members names. It's like a small icon that shows up after their name but before their messages in chat.
2) Some hidden cam apps like Crazy Ticket Show have the option to let fanclub members in for free. You can either set that before each show or make it a sell point and keep it for every single show.

In addition to these 2 things, many models offer custom features to members of their fanclub, the most popular things are:

1) A "free" monthly video the model sends them. If you want to do this make sure you ask them for their email address and have a system in place to keep track of who is in the fanclub and who isn't. Remember, members can quit the fan club at any time and they should only receive 1 free video for each month they are in it. But since their join dates are all different you will have to manually keep track of this before sending out videos.
2) Access to extra content in social media. It can be a secret and private twitter account, a blog, a VIP snapchat where they post naughtier stuff or anything of the sort. Same thing as the free videos, you have to make sure you can keep track of who is still in the club and who isn't so you can take them off your paid Snapchat if they don't renew their subscription.
3) Access to special movie nights on third party services like Rabb.it or password protected rooms on CB itself.

Pros and cons of fanclubs:

PROS:
– It does not go by tokens so they don't have to remember and then take like 15 steps to renew the club: go to site, buy tokens, tip tokens etc. It gets charged to their card automatically.
– It is stable income that you can kind of depend on, at least more than tokens for the reason above. It gives you a sense of security
– It feels real nice to log in to your account and find a fat offline tip, only it's not a tip, it is someone's fanclub subscription getting renewed. Feels nice.

CONS:
– There is a "flat rate" mentality with the fanclub. Many feel that if they are already paying you a monthly fee through the fanclub they are already doing their part and can just lay back and enjoy all your shows for free. Which hurts your live show more than you imagine. Suppose you have 3 regulars who used to tip you for your goals. Now they sign up for the fanclub and feel like they are doing their part. Only now you dont have that hand helping you move your show along because they tip this sum offline. Which makes your room feel much slower than it did before and doesn't encourage new tippers to hang and tip for things.
– They also feel entitled to much more than they did when they were tipping instead of getting a subscription
– It forces you to do things you might not be in the mood for. If you offer them a video every month that is one video you must make and what happens if only 1 person is in your fanclub for a while? Does it compensate your effort? If you offer them special access to social media imagine the hell that is keeping up with Snapchat for only 1 person. Or writing blog posts. Or keeping up with a discord chat... you would be doing private shows for real cheap.
– If the card they used expired or is declined for any reason their fanclub subscription will not be renewed, they will have to come back and join again.

My advice is to keep the fanclub real cheap and only offer them the things that CB already offers them: green username, PM privileges, and maybe upload an album once every blue moon. It fosters a sense of camaraderie, people know who is a fan of you and they bond with the green fist emote.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice! I havent considered the first point on your cons list yet and I can see that happening. Hopefully there is a way to work around that or avoid it as much as possible. I will not offer any kind of exclusive snap or blog to the fan club members as I feel they are already getting their money worth and as you say it wont be worth it for me if I only have a handful of members. It would only be the discord chat but I will see how it goes. I love having a sense of community and devoted members and thats why I like the idea of spending some time on a fan club. I notice already that the ones that keep coming back will recognize and greet each other. Its really sweet :3

Here's the Model Verification Thread - all the info you need should be there. Hope you can join us soon and share what you have to say! There are also so many experienced models here who really know their stuff. I've certainly learned a ton from them. It's a great community - think of us as your coworkers...because we are :D

And yeah, definitely take things one step at a time. I started out camming - like most of us - and put together both long-term and short-term goals and a business plan of sorts. We are in the unique position (what with the adult industry now being largely autonomous and models having absolute power over their own content if they desire - unlike the 80s and 90s where a model had to work for a major producer) where we can brand our model personas and build a virtual empire of content and multiple income sources.

While camming, I launched a Twitter and advertised the hell out of it on Chaturbate. It served as my 'hub' for all things "TexMuscleJock". I then slowly accumulated video content, consolidated it onto OnlyFans and launched my first fan-page. I still kept the fanclub on CB open, but it was really up to a fan if they wanted to join...and secretly served as an incentive to go over to OnlyFans if I am being wholly honest. One of the greatest marketing strategies is to make a product desirable by offering a lesser alternative. The same principle applies when people buy something just because they have a coupon or discount for it...when they never even intended to buy that something in the first place!

Next, I started selling 'worn items' and used notifiers in my cam-room to advertise it (I always redirected viewers to leave their email in a tip-note or DM me about buying worn items). I see a lot of men selling their worn briefs etc on CB - I think this is the lesser option - you're using a middleman (CB) who isn't doing anything for you (it's not like CB facilitates your worn items sales), and it's difficult to communicate with the buyer. Worn clothing buyers appreciate having options instead of a flat-fee across the board. I always offered options for my worn stuff (like how many days worn, what type of briefs, etc) and they sold like crazy!

Later, I launched my first, then second clip stores (which I later opened on multiple sites). Most recent, I launched my website where I have all of my content and social media links, blog posts, info on worn item sales, KIK sessions, and other services in one place. Every single service on there is something I waited to add on - I waited until the 'project' before it was totally set up and optimized. The next step I am taking is launching my third clipsite and eventually an actual production studio. I never imagined things would go this far when I started camming!

It all sounds so overwhelming written down. And it definitely can be if you rush into everything at once. I learned from my mistakes early on and henceforth took everything step-by-step. I'd never launch a new service, site, or whatever until the one I was working on currently was fully optimized and running smoothly (and I was 100% comfortable with it). I always wait until everything settles before moving onto the next step.

In hindsight, it seems like a TON to manage, but you start to find systems and ways of organizing and managing things if you take your time. Another added benefit of patiently timing your 'launches' is that you actually increase your audience outreach. For instance, if someone launches a ManyVids store, Clips4Sale store, new camsite account, and a personal website all at the same time, they are spreading their current audience thin across all of these things. Instead, you can slowly build audiences on each and they will follow you onto your next project.

Last, I always recommend having a 'hub', even if you only offer one service or outlet e.g. camming. Twitter is a good option - it's accessible, popular, versatile, and easy to maintain.

You know this already, but just a reminder to always put your comfort first: if you get stressed out with a service or project, drop it. I quit skype shows because I hated them. They stressed me out and were an organizational nightmare. In the end, the butthurt, needy folks got over it and the true fans totally understood where I was coming from. And I avoided quitting adult media forever out of frustration.

Anyway, here I am ranting again. This is just my personal story - I totally believe the sky is the limit for you (and everyone here). Hope this helps!

Edit: Nice; I see you're rockin' Aphex Twin :D

Thank you so much for sharing! It gave me a lot of information. And for a warm welcome to the community :3 :h:

Aphex Yay!

I just want to say thank you so much for this comment. I've been doing a lot of research and getting a lot of viewers saying "you should do x and y and z" and it's been really overwhelming to feel like I should be doing ALL THE THINGS. But thanks to this comment I've made myself stick to what I already have set up and say no to the other things until I'm ready. Which sounds obvious now I'm typing it out but my brain doesn't always realise that it's okay to not be feeling all the stress about all the things at all the times.

I just want to say thank you so much for this comment. I've been doing a lot of research and getting a lot of viewers saying "you should do x and y and z" and it's been really overwhelming to feel like I should be doing ALL THE THINGS. But thanks to this comment I've made myself stick to what I already have set up and say no to the other things until I'm ready. Which sounds obvious now I'm typing it out but my brain doesn't always realise that it's okay to not be feeling all the stress about all the things at all the times.

My pleasure! It does sound obvious written out, but it isn't when we are working our butts off and our brands and money is on the line. We see our contemporaries launching websites and clip stores and feel the pressure to keep up with them. But you'll get there, and the best way to do so is to make sure you have all your stuff in order with your current project(s) before moving on to the next.

Who knows? Maybe ____ model who has 20 websites appears to be doing well, but s/he's actually inundated with work, complaints, payment issues, taxes, etc. I'm really glad I could help - trust me, I've been there! I started in this industry running full speed and got overwhelmed. Once I slowed down, I took everything one step at a time and now have multiple, successful stores, outlets, etc. You'll do it, too!

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Status
Not open for further replies.