AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Taxes for countries other than USA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
Hi, I counldn't find any information about this anywhere. Do people from European countries have to pay any taxes for the money they earn on chaturbate or myfreecams or other cam sites and do the sites send the form that is send to USA people and do they alert any authorities? Also in general, do you have to pay taxes for the money you receive to paxum (whatever it be from camming or other ways)? If you create paxum and then don't use it anymore do you have to pay something or have to close it? And If you transfer the money from paxum to your bank does the bank have any way to find where the money come from (will they know it's from camming on adult site)? Do you have to register yourself or mention somewhere as selfemployed?

Last edited:
hey, i will have an appointment with a tax account in 2 weeks or so and can give you some information then. just drop me a message if i forget to answer here :)

In Germany you need a business liscense "Gewerbeschein" / register as selfemployed if you do this type of work.
You pay income tax, but at least in germany you don't have to pay vat for electronical services with clients outside of the EU.
I don't think they care much, if it comes from online adult work here, as long as you pay your taxes and all of that.
You don't have to send any forms for US models to your authorities.

The money you earn from camming is income, so unless you live in a place with no income tax (most of those are in the Middle East, so you might have other problems camming from there) you have to pay tax on it.

Reactions: MollyMidnight
hey, i will have an appointment with a tax account in 2 weeks or so and can give you some information then. just drop me a message if i forget to answer here :)
Thank you!! :) :):cat:

In Germany you need a business liscense "Gewerbeschein" / register as selfemployed if you do this type of work.
You pay income tax, but at least in germany you don't have to pay vat for electronical services with clients outside of the EU.
I don't think they care much, if it comes from online adult work here, as long as you pay your taxes and all of that.
You don't have to send any forms for US models to your authorities.
But if the cam sites only reports the USA cam models to authorities (IRS), how will any authorities in other countries know that it's an income from self employement?(I know for chaturbate, they say they report USA citizens, I haven't read about other cam sites yet).
And you, how much tax they take in Germany? And what type of employment do you report it as, online cam modelling?
The money you earn from camming is income, so unless you live in a place with no income tax (most of those are in the Middle East, so you might have other problems camming from there) you have to pay tax on it.
What about a low camming income? Is there an income limit to which you don't have to pay taxes? I'm thinking of camming for a bit for now and don't plan to earn big sums like 10.000+ for example like I've seen people say they earn.

Even with an income so low that you might barely (or even no tax if that's possible) pay taxes you still have to declare.
Lots of countries have a bilateral treaty with the US to exchange tax information to find tax dodgers. Since I don't know your country I don't know if that is the case for you.

Even with an income so low that you might barely (or even no tax if that's possible) pay taxes you still have to declare.
Lots of countries have a bilateral treaty with the US to exchange tax information to find tax dodgers. Since I don't know your country I don't know if that is the case for you.
But since (chaturbate for example) says it sends tax forms only for USA citizens, how is it known and how do you prove and declare where the income is from since there aren't forms sent from the cam site? It mentions about taxes only about USA sitizens as if it's only for them so it is a bit strange. At first I was thinking it is a specific thing only for USA people can't be payed other way than with citizens paying taxes, and that taxes are paid only for receiving money from the country you are resident of. On paxum does it say payment received from *cam site company name* and from *selfemployment*? (Sorry it this is a very stupid question, I haven't used anything like this). And also if you decide to sell photos or videos to people and they pay you, do you have to pay tax for this income too? And which are the countries with bilateral treaty?

Last edited:
But if the cam sites only reports the USA cam models to authorities (IRS), how will any authorities in other countries know that it's an income from self employement?(I know for chaturbate, they say they report USA citizens, I haven't read about other cam sites yet).
And you, how much tax they take in Germany? And what type of employment do you report it as, online cam modelling?
Chaturbate doesn't report to your tax authorities BUT most EU countries have laws/ regulations where banks report incoming money from offshore to your tax authorities. Not the amounts, but that money is incoming. So as soon as it hits your bank account, they might find out. Everything else is taxfraud, i wouldn't risk it, depending on the country it comes with hefty fees and even jail time if you get caught and the amounts are high enough.
Sorry i know it is tempting to hide money from the authorities, but that's how it is. You should be able to find out, how much income tax is in your country by googling it. In germany you don't have to pay taxes under 9000 euros yearly income i think, but you still have to declare.
I registered mine as online modelling!

Chaturbate doesn't report to your tax authorities BUT most EU countries have laws/ regulations where banks report incoming money from offshore to your tax authorities. Not the amounts, but that money is incoming. So as soon as it hits your bank account, they might find out. Everything else is taxfraud, i wouldn't risk it, depending on the country it comes with hefty fees and even jail time if you get caught and the amounts are high enough.
Sorry i know it is tempting to hide money from the authorities, but that's how it is. You should be able to find out, how much income tax is in your country by googling it. In germany you don't have to pay taxes under 9000 euros yearly income i think, but you still have to declare.
I registered mine as online modelling!
Okay. Thank you! I understand and googled some information you gave me and saw an article about Apple avoiding normal amount of taxes and the money they receive are huge sums and they avoided billions of dollars. Althought I opened the thread with the opposite of hiding taxes in mind and was wondering if banks any authorities or somebody will have a way to know that the money come from an adult site, or that they worked on one, which alot of people would prefer that others don't know about it because of stigma. I don't want to have done anything illegal. And I was searching alot but couldn't find information. And how did you personaly know you have to sign up as self employed and taxing?

You do have to file taxes according to your country's tax law. If you choose not to file your taxes you will be committing tax evasion and depending on the law in your country and the sum it will have different consequences for you, in some countries it is even punishable with prison time. That said, Chaturbate does not file tax information on foreign models, as a freelancer and an adult they expect you to file them regardless.

If you are going to start evading taxes I wouldn't be as blatant as you are being, hinting at it on a public forum, look at the news in your country to start figuring out what to do... like get an offshore bank account in Panama or whatever. Keep in mind European countries take taxes VERY seriously which is why cases of tax evasion make the news.

Reactions: LydiaFrost
Status
Not open for further replies.