AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Discord instead of Skype?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OliviaClarke

Cam Model
Jan 4, 2019
Hi all!
Ive done a search for more info on Discord but I wouldn't find much. I'm new and considering doing Skype shows, but I know Skype is starting to go downhill for models and I heard Discord was a good alternative.

My question is, how do you set up payment for that? And has anyone found success on Discord? Any tips?

There may be info in the models only section, but I'm not allowed to apply currently. So thank you for taking any time to answer this if it's already been asked!

You can accept payment via camsite, MV, whatever option you want/chooseas long as it doesnt go against site rules.

Discord has openly said they're fine with sex workers using it to cam as long as it is in a private 1-to-1 or the channel is appropriately marked as NSFW.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Wait a minute, don't quote me on that - I swear they made a tweet about it saying it was okay but I just found this.
upload_2019-1-18_12-42-23.png

I saw that Twitter post by them in the forum earlier, but it was just a misinformed customer service rep. I know they do allow models

It's difficult to get people to switch, so I still do most of my indie shows on Skype. They keep making the program progressively more annoying to use, so I TRY to move at least my regulars away from it--in which case Discord is not at all my preference. I'm currently trying to sell people on Line (https://line.me/en/). It's much more similar to Skype. Not a group chat server, but focused on one-on-one messaging. The video quality is good for me, and it even has a timeline feature and photo filters, so if you felt like replacing Twitter and Snapchat, you could totally ditch all of those at once. But no one listens to me, so it's tumbleweeds. Still, check it out :p

I don't think that you'll find many mainstream tools that are cool with being a platform for sex workers. The best you can usually get is a company that tolerates it, if you're not blatant about what you're using their program for. Discord seems to be kiiiind of okay with the wink wink nudge nudge approach, for now, but I wouldn't really advertise using it for shows, or at least wouldn't publicly share my link.

It's difficult to get people to switch, so I still do most of my indie shows on Skype. They keep making the program progressively more annoying to use, so I TRY to move at least my regulars away from it--in which case Discord is not at all my preference. I'm currently trying to sell people on Line (https://line.me/en/). It's much more similar to Skype. Not a group chat server, but focused on one-on-one messaging. The video quality is good for me, and it even has a timeline feature and photo filters, so if you felt like replacing Twitter and Snapchat, you could totally ditch all of those at once. But no one listens to me, so it's tumbleweeds. Still, check it out :p

I don't think that you'll find many mainstream tools that are cool with being a platform for sex workers. The best you can usually get is a company that tolerates it, if you're not blatant about what you're using their program for. Discord seems to be kiiiind of okay with the wink wink nudge nudge approach, for now, but I wouldn't really advertise using it for shows, or at least wouldn't publicly share my link.

I'm sure in most cases it's excuses because discord ultimately can run in a browser using the same link. That said I have done some sessions with discord and I do feel for the moment skype has the edge in quality. As far as tablets and phone skype has major advantages still.

I'm also been trying out using talky.io with a model and it had mixed results. The advantage to talky.io is easy support for groups as well. They do have an iphone app. It has no sort of transcoding to it so everyone using it has to have really good internet unlike skype.

• Helpful!
I have been told opposite from that discord account. So could be conflicting.
Yeah, I've seen a tweet from that account also saying that it's a-okay for sex workers to use, as I said in my first post. They replied to a tweet I made yesterday saying that I can file an inquiry to their privacy support team if I want to find out what's allowed.

Yeah, I've seen a tweet from that account also saying that it's a-okay for sex workers to use, as I said in my first post. They replied to a tweet I made yesterday saying that I can file an inquiry to their privacy support team if I want to find out what's allowed.

i think its better though then skype though. less risk of having your private info accidentally synced to your account.

• Helpful!
I personally love Discord but a friend recently told me about how she is using NexoCams. While she didnt mention if you can go private, what she does is have a guy prepay for the show and then does the show. If others happen in and give tips all the better. I know not a perfect solution but just offering an outside the box possible solution!

I personally love Discord but a friend recently told me about how she is using NexoCams. While she didnt mention if you can go private, what she does is have a guy prepay for the show and then does the show. If others happen in and give tips all the better. I know not a perfect solution but just offering an outside the box possible solution!
Isn't that the camsite C4S tried to make a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.