AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to Split the Money w/ my Cam Partner

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Hi beauties!

I am trying to organize a cam show with a friend/fuck buddy kind of thing. I'm wondering how you think I should split the money (sorry I know its an awkward convo but there's nothing too awkward for us models, right :)) that we make.

50/50 seems okay, but since it's my channel, my marketing, my organizing, me doing a lot of the work to get it put together, should it be more 60/40 with me taking the bigger portion? Or even more in my favor? It's not so much about the money (well it is and isn't) but I want it to be fair. What do you usually do or what do you recommend and think is right/fair?

I've never done a couple show so seeking some advice :)

Thanks!

Reactions: fantasy707
Remember that you will have to pay taxes on the entirety of what you earn on your account, regardless of how you split the payout. That should definitely be taken into consideration when you decide how to divide earnings. I would likely not split the earnings down the middle, even after factoring taxes into it.

If you will be doing just as much work (if not more, in the event that they have no idea how to act on cam) as you would be doing solo, an even split would be too generous in my opinion. If they are also a performer and won't need you to hold their hand through the process of camming, then half and half might be more reasonable. But if their role boils down to basically functioning as a living prop who you'll have to babysit to make sure they won't do anything to harm your business, nah, not so much.

Remember that you will have to pay taxes on the entirety of what you earn on your account, regardless of how you split the payout.
I see this said a lot but its not really how it should be done even though it seems like fairly common practice in cam girl world. If you really want to do this the correct way you would write your cam partner a check from your business bank account, whatever you pay them will be a deduction on your taxes then they are responsible for claiming and paying taxes on their portion of the income.

I agree 10000% with everything else though. It can be a real pain in the ass to cam with someone who has never done it so if your doing all the work and this person is going to just show up and be a prop then def do a larger split in your favor.

Edit: Honestly if it were me and this was just a fwb situation, somebody who will never cam alone and is just going to be a prop for you... I would prob just offer them a flat fee to come be on my cam, especially until I see how the show is going to go and how our chemistry is online. If it went well then Id maybe offer a percent of earnings down the road.

Last edited:
I completely agree with @THE MOLLIE MARIE I want to add that a lot of models in the industry claim that anything other than a 50-50 split is exploitation so I would be careful who I talked about this with, but in my opinion each performer should be paid in proportion to what they bring to the table. Experience is important but in my opinion, it is also about whether or not they have an audience. Some models hit it big from the start and don't know what they are doing but it doesn't seem to be a problem as they have viewers and tippers from the first day. This person can bring viewers and tippers to a show. On the other hand an experienced model with no viewership will not translate into tokens or exposure for you. So keep that in mind too. Evidently just the fact of doing a couple show will, in itself, bring a bigger viewership, but this is not specific to any model. It is harder to bring tippers to a show though.

I completely agree with @THE MOLLIE MARIE I want to add that a lot of models in the industry claim that anything other than a 50-50 split is exploitation so I would be careful who I talked about this with, but in my opinion each performer should be paid in proportion to what they bring to the table. Experience is important but in my opinion, it is also about whether or not they have an audience. Some models hit it big from the start and don't know what they are doing but it doesn't seem to be a problem as they have viewers and tippers from the first day. This person can bring viewers and tippers to a show. On the other hand an experienced model with no viewership will not translate into tokens or exposure for you. So keep that in mind too. Evidently just the fact of doing a couple show will, in itself, bring a bigger viewership, but this is not specific to any model. It is harder to bring tippers to a show though.

Experienced or established models don't normally make a lot more when they bring some else. I experienced low profits or we would make what i would solo in a night, but shorter time when we would stream together. We did get an uptick in viewers. I split it down the middle after taxes, and a part of me wishes I didn't since essentially we were using my storefront. She was also new, so her profile got a boost of favorites every time we streamed on my account and we either shared or some of my regs became hers instead. I didn't mind, just an observation. Can't even begin to tell you the awkward struggle of dealing with someone who doesn't have the same hustle as you, so I would see us lose easy sales that would be the result of it. I don't have any negative feelings in all, I just no longer see any real personal benefits for myself of bringing other people onto cam with me anymore other than to have sex with a girl while the internet watches.

Last edited:
If you really want to do this the correct way you would write your cam partner a check from your business bank account
I was replying under the (potentially incorrect) assumption that, since she is relatively new to camming, she likely doesn't have a separate business bank account. But yes! This is totally the "by the book" way to go if possible. :)

Remember that you will have to pay taxes on the entirety of what you earn on your account, regardless of how you split the payout. That should definitely be taken into consideration when you decide how to divide earnings. I would likely not split the earnings down the middle, even after factoring taxes into it.

If you will be doing just as much work (if not more, in the event that they have no idea how to act on cam) as you would be doing solo, an even split would be too generous in my opinion. If they are also a performer and won't need you to hold their hand through the process of camming, then half and half might be more reasonable. But if their role boils down to basically functioning as a living prop who you'll have to babysit to make sure they won't do anything to harm your business, nah, not so much.
Wow this may sound ridiculous but I completely forgot about keeping in mind taxes when paying him... I am new so this part hasn't affected me yet but that's a really really good tip.

But yeah good point, he is not a model, so I will definitely take this into account. I am thinking maybe a 60/40... maybe a 70/30 but that seems a bit low.

I see this said a lot but its not really how it should be done even though it seems like fairly common practice in cam girl world. If you really want to do this the correct way you would write your cam partner a check from your business bank account, whatever you pay them will be a deduction on your taxes then they are responsible for claiming and paying taxes on their portion of the income.

I agree 10000% with everything else though. It can be a real pain in the ass to cam with someone who has never done it so if your doing all the work and this person is going to just show up and be a prop then def do a larger split in your favor.

Edit: Honestly if it were me and this was just a fwb situation, somebody who will never cam alone and is just going to be a prop for you... I would prob just offer them a flat fee to come be on my cam, especially until I see how the show is going to go and how our chemistry is online. If it went well then Id maybe offer a percent of earnings down the road.

I don't have a business bank account yet but that's definitely something to look into. I like the flat fee idea in theory but what if it doesn't work out in my favor. I may accidentally pay him too much! Since I haven't done a couple show I don't know what it'll bring in for me. My biggest surprise was actually how LOW couple ticket shows make in comparison to what I and some girls I've seen make in a solo show. I think some other girls said this was their experience, too. I guess the splitting sort of ruins the extra money that is made.

But good points, thank you.

Experienced or established models don't normally make a lot more when they bring some else. I experienced low profits or we would make what i would solo in a night, but shorter time when we would stream together. We did get an uptick in viewers. I split it down the middle after taxes, and a part of me wishes I didn't since essentially we were using my storefront. She was also new, so her profile got a boost of favorites every time we streamed on my account and we either shared or some of my regs became hers instead. I didn't mind, just an observation. Can't even begin to tell you the awkward struggle of dealing with someone who doesn't have the same hustle as you, so I would see us lose easy sales that would be the result of it. I don't have any negative feelings in all, I just no longer see any real personal benefits for myself of bringing other people onto cam with me anymore other than to have sex with a girl while the internet watches.
So funny, I just assumed that bringing someone else on would make me so much more money... and I guess it would but with the splitting that's where this extra money doesn't matter. But I guess if its the same as a solo show, but in less time, than the extra effort to get someone on, etc. is worth it. I guess I'll have to try to see! thanks.

Can I ask you ladies how you calculate a small amount of money after taxes? Ie how do I calculate $500 after taxes? I put it into a tax calculator I found online but I'm not sure if this is the right way.

Can I ask you ladies how you calculate a small amount of money after taxes? Ie how do I calculate $500 after taxes? I put it into a tax calculator I found online but I'm not sure if this is the right way.
It would depend on what tax bracket you fall into but 25% is usually a pretty safe amount to set aside for taxes. So $125 for taxes and $375 in your pocket.

As far as my flat fee theory, Id offer something small like maybe 20% of what you would earn on a normal night.

Status
Not open for further replies.