AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Normal fluctuations or the beginning of the end?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithvalentine

Cam Model
Jul 17, 2017
Twitter Username
@ghostgirl1_3
Chaturbate Username
ghostgirl1_3
Hi!! So I quit my job to do this because I really love it (reckless I know, but I tend to swim when thrown into the deep-end).

Things are looking good! Or so I thought...

Basically, this last week has been really good for starting out (enough to cover my monthly expenses if it stayed at this level, or even better if, as I had hoped, it went up over time).

Now though my last two sessions have been pretty bad, with only a bit of spending from the regulars and only one new purple follower (I'm on CB), and perhaps most stressfully my total viewer count has kind of dropped off a cliff, around a quarter of what it was at peak, following a general downward trend from that high.

Is this a normal level of variance? Or am I fucking up somehow or boring people with my personality? To be clear, this last week has been my second week on CB, so i don't think any performance variations can be tied to the first week boost as I'm already past that.

Are there mistakes I could be making or is this just the nature of the beast? Do people get bored of me that easily? ahhhhhhh

My rule is that if I see a dip that lasts longer than 1 month, it's time to start reconsidering my strategies. Don't panic over every little fluctuation. That said, if you only have two weeks of data, it's hard to know what's normal for you. When I first started camming (I'm on MFC not CB), I did pretty well for the first 2 months, and then things took a nosedive and it took me a couple months to work back up to where I had been.

As someone who also quit their job to dive into sw full time and was forced to figured out how to swim, my best advice is to put eggs in as many baskets as possible. Get on OF. Try multiple cam sites. Make clips and post them on several clip sites. Promote yourself on reddit, tiktok, twitter, instagram, etc. Pay attention to which things work for you and put more effort into those things.

Income from camming can be highly volatile, as already said the best way to stabilize it ( and in the case of cb, to have back up for when your account ends up being banned for a couple of days for some unknown reason) is to start building out your presence on other sites, like onlyfans, manyvids, other cam sites etc. You can use the shine model browser to consolidate chats from multiple sites into a single chat window which helps a lot with keeping on top of using multiple sites. Some people dont like to use multiple sites, for me it's always made sense since my room is usually made up of people that dont talk much, so being online on multiple sites gives me more access to a higher number of members that I can collect tips from and sell shows and additional products to. Basically you dont want to rely on your income to be from a single source (just like on cb you dont want your income to all come from a single member).

It can be really hard for a new model. I've visited many new models, tipped and even did privates, but the lack of communication usually made people to not come back. Below tips are from personal experience so don't take them all for fact. But it may help to gain 'some' type of visitors.

Until you have a steady amount of regulars, try to be engaging with your viewers, ask (and remember (write down)) about their interest. Try to find some things you have in common. Can be anything from favorite music, pets, sports, etc. Greet when people enter. I know, 90% may not respond or even leave, but those people are probably searching for free nakedness anyway.
Personally, I don't like when a model comes online fully naked; There's nothing left to tip/looking forward to anymore. It may differ per model though. For some, coming online naked works for them. You can always try yourself. Also switching days with sexy and plain clothes. Know that for some things: Change is good, but be careful with big changes.

There's a lot of things that can turn people off, bad camera/lighting, messy room, bored looking/phone using, even bad music. Don't focus only on just one person who is happening to be tipping. That causes people to feel neglected. Kick/ban bad people. Not only for yourself but maintaining a nice atmosphere in your room is very important.
I heard people on CB are more into nakedness and other camsites more on personality, so if you prefer engaging/talking more than doing sex stuff try to expand to those sites.

But I've experienced this with a model I visit a lot. There are days where I'm the only person and then 2 days later, there's a dozen people tipping like crazy. So don't let a few bad days make you desperate.

Reactions: Horny_ali
bad music.
what is bad music?

I find this a little subjective, as in being the view of single Members. When a model starts to take into account what single members think or like it is not helping because everyone will tell you something different. Music is a good example. When I see that a model likes HER music, sings along or dances to it, I find that enjoyable, even when I think the music is trash. And that goes for everything else. So instead of trying to find out what members like its way easier to try to find out what you as a model like, which is hard enough.

My success rate has constantly fluctuated since I started camming part-time on CB and StripChat.

I do notice that consistency in keeping a regular schedule helps to maintain a certain level of traffic. If I'm inconsistent, regular visitors don't know when to find me and I hear them complain about it. While flattering, I know they are looking for other models when I ain't there to keep them happy.

I have noticed in my room that my regulars come to the room for a while and disappear for a while then reappear again. Like the tide, they will come one week and be gone the next then come back. Some have even said they feel guilty for hanging out if they can't tip (which is another topic altogether).

On both CB and SC, I add notes to visitor profiles for name and other things ie private show. I'll use hashtags to organize details on them too ie #findom #cuck #bottom

And I'm always pushy if things get quiet in the room and tell viewers that they need to tip. I make a joke of it and point to imaginary empty tip jar between my legs. It usually gets someone to tip and that gets the action and conversation rolling again.

Lastly, I gave myself 4 months to decide if I was going to stay or quit. It helped me see what my success was like with more "data" and perspective.

In this industry, fluctuations like these are normal, especially in the beginning, because you don't have too many regulars, people are not used to you, your shows or your way of being. At the beginning, give it some time, because people come and go, and until you have a base of regulars that come on the platform for you.

Also, as iva_handfull said, give yourself a window of time to know if this is how you expected it to be in terms of work, money and lifestyle.

Reactions: iva_handfull
Status
Not open for further replies.