AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ways to deal with crypto wait

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Oct 5, 2016
I've been dealing with a model using crypto recently and I'm a very spontaneous customer. Transfers take anywhere from 15min to 2hours to complete for me. Anyone have an good tips how to minimize the delays or constructive uses of the wait time that doesn't feel like putting the model out? I resorted to prepaying right now but the model doesn't like keeping track of a prepay balance.

Either that or a better exchange that's faster, safe and doesn't kill you on fees?

I've been dealing with a model using crypto recently and I'm a very spontaneous customer. Transfers take anywhere from 15min to 2hours to complete for me. Anyone have an good tips how to minimize the delays or constructive uses of the wait time that doesn't feel like putting the model out? I resorted to prepaying right now but the model doesn't like keeping track of a prepay balance.

Either that or a better exchange that's faster, safe and doesn't kill you on fees?
Bitcoin network?
If the model uses a mutli currency service try tron, you can do usdt on the tron network so its 1:1 with usd, transactions are normally around a couple of seconds (longest wait I have had has been around a minute) and the fees are really low.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69 and Agi
I find crypto is a convenient way to pay. On „mempool.space“ you can see what‘s the minimum fee that guaranties you a low fee without much delay. Or use lightning, if available. I hope that‘s a bit helpful…..

Bitcoin network?
Yeh It's something I already have and so I don't need to buy more of. I guess the next questions would be would it be faster to do a swap trade from BTC to another currency THEN send that one or just wait of the BTC transfer? Is the transfer delay because it's BTC being transferred? I've had my BTC for years but I've never used it in a transactional way so was surprised when all these time sinks cropped up.

I guess my simplified question would be is the timesink my exchange, the blockchain recording the transfer or their exchange confirming the transaction that's causing so much delay?

Just to add, if you are using BTC it's a slow network, best option imo for faster transactions is a chain thats better designed for fast payments. Personally I am not a fan of layer 2 tech like lightning, it adds complexity since the wallet has to then be a lightning compatible wallet, the other reasons are just to do with the tech overall.

USDT on Tron is nice because its fast and 1:1
BTCH (bitcoin cash) is a fork of bitcoin when there was a dispute about making the blocks larger (so they hold more transactions) which would speed up the transaction times.
ETH I personally wouldnt go near. high fees, slow network and other crypto politics reasons
ADA (Cordano, is ment to be pretty fast although I havnt used it)
Dot is also a pretty fast network.

Personally though, I would go USDT on tron, the $1:1USDT means that your not going to send $200 and the model ends up with $190 because crypto is on the down swing before it's final bounce of the run and it goes into a heavy crash for the next couple of years.

Yeh It's something I already have and so I don't need to buy more of. I guess the next questions would be would it be faster to do a swap trade from BTC to another currency THEN send that one or just wait of the BTC transfer?
Kind of depends on the exchange and how they run it. Generally exahcnges will be almost instant on currancy trades because gotta be fast to make their % from the traders. Some do require you to wait for the transaction to settle before you can do anything with the funds though.
Is the transfer delay because it's BTC being transferred? I've had my BTC for years but I've never used it in a transactional way so was surprised when all these time sinks cropped up.
Yep BTC is generally a slow network, it was more of a proof of concept than a production ready system, works well for things you dont need instantly, like getting paid wages for example where it just needs to be on a specific day but something that requires a fast purchase it's not really suitable for and never will be.
I guess my simplified question would be is the timesink my exchange, the blockchain recording the transfer or their exchange confirming the transaction that's causing so much delay?
The time delay is the network confirming that the transaction is a valid transaction.
Basically the transaction gets put into a block with other transactions made at the same time, you then have to wait until someone picks up the transaction block is valid before the funds are exchanged. The way it's displayed in new wallets dosnt really reflect the way things actually work because they have been designed to be more like what people are used to, but in the original bitcoin wallet, the balance wouldnt change until the transaction had been verified and the funds were transferred.

The fastest option IMO would be to exchange the btc on the exchange for something that runs on a faster network and then use that to send the payments, ofc you would have to make sure the model can accept whichever currency.

I'm currently transferring BTC out my old cold wallet (the wallet kept me safe from the Mt. Gox heist) into hot wallet created by an exchange. I was worried the delay was caused by the inactive BTC suddenly reappearing.

Also maybe you can share when you find a situation where it's going to be a slow transfer what do you ask the clients to do? You hold a balance with them? or wait and reschedule if it take a certain amount of time?

I'm currently transferring BTC out my old cold wallet (the wallet kept me safe from the Mt. Gox heist) into hot wallet created by an exchange. I was worried the delay was caused by the inactive BTC suddenly reappearing.

Also maybe you can share when you find a situation where it's going to be a slow transfer what do you ask the clients to do? You hold a balance with them? or wait and reschedule if it take a certain amount of time?

I dont take payments off site, I get paid by sites in crypto though and pay my vpn, webhosting and domain names with crypto. If I had clients paying directly then I would have them do the same way I do with sites, preference USDT on Tron (usdt just makes life simple since the price isnt in flux), whichever network is fine since I have wallets for most, but I wouldn't be holding balances, for more than 24 hours.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69