AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Black Mirror

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Black Mirror.
It's also become some sort of adjective thing. Last time I heard it being used when me and my friends were comparing our Uber scores. "This is so black mirror"

Reactions: TajaEthereal
One of my favorite shows!!!! so amazing :)

Sweet! I've had this on my watchlist for a while, but I was kind of iffy about whether or not it would be good. I might try an episode today then.

Sweet! I've had this on my watchlist for a while, but I was kind of iffy about whether or not it would be good. I might try an episode today then.

The first episode is my least favorite and it made people iffy to watch on but seriously keep watching it gets amazing.It's a complete mind fuck, but in a really great way.

I watched several episodes. :)

I agree, the first episode was painfully boring to watch! I'm not sure how that episode at all relates to the other ones. It's like they just decided to throw that one in there for the heck of it!

My favorites so far are:

Season 1, Episode 2 - "Fifteen Million Merits"

Season 3, Episode 1 - "Nosedive"
Season 3, Episode 2 - "Playtest"
Season 3, Episode 4 - "San Junipero" - this would be so cool if it was actually a thing!

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
My Favorites are: (In no particular order) - I did like other ones of course!! but these really stood out to me :)

Season 2, Episode 3: "The Waldo Moment"

Season 1, Episode 2: "Fifteen Million Merits"

Season 3, Episode 2: "Playtest"

Season 1, Episode 2: "Fifteen Million Merits"

Season 2, Episode 2: "White Bear"

Season 3, Episode 1 - "Nosedive"

Reactions: KylieJacobs
I do adore Black Mirror. It's an anthology: the episodes aren't connected.
They're related in theme, but not joined in story.

Yeah, I understand that they aren't connected like most other shows. I just meant that I don't see how that episode relates to the theme especially since most other episodes are related to technology.

"San Junipero" - this would be so cool if it was actually a thing!

My very favorite episode. It's already becoming a thing. They've been trying to develop technology to put our minds immortality into computers for a while now. I first heard about it on an episode of Through the Wormhole like five years ago and was horrified at the thought. I imagined it like being trapped inside a black room with nothing but a computer for a body - i.e. a horrifying experience where you didn't have a body at all. This made me far less afraid of that future.

I do adore Black Mirror. It's an anthology: the episodes aren't connected.
They're related in theme, but not joined in story.

I kinda disagree. Things are continuously cropping up from previous episodes, such as the implant and the song that first appears in Fifteen Million Merits. I have a feeling that they are all in the same universe of a society that is gradually becoming more and more advanced/dystopian. Which is why the pig fucker episode is the first one. It's our here and now, which leads to all the worse shit.

Yeah, I understand that they aren't connected like most other shows. I just meant that I don't see how that episode relates to the theme especially since most other episodes are related to technology.

That episode is related to technology. The only difference is that it's so normalized to us that we wouldn't think of it as being as sci-fi as the others. The press and social media are the focal point. We as a society are more interested in seeing someone suffer in a hilarious press fail than caring about a fellow person. It is about technology, it just doesn't feel as sci-fi to us because it's our normalized reality.
Which is again why I believe it's the first episode of my timeline theory.

YES! I love this show so much! I was so excited when Netflix decided to create another season. Fifteen Million Merits is definitely an all time favorite.. I also love San Junipero, it was so incredibly heartfelt compared to the other episodes. I really love the little easter eggs they hide in every episode too.

Reactions: AlyssaMuze
The last season was the best so far imo. Maybe the best series I watched recently alongside with Utopia. I want more shows like these!

Reactions: DFT
yeah ok i love this show now but starting from the first episode??/ i was like w. t. A. F.!!! weird but of course my crazy ass hits next faster than ever... i like it, and especially that you dont have to watch the whole season or previous episodes

love it. Brooker's great. Weekly Wipe and How TV Ruined your Life were really funny, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.