AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model agreement on Stripchat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 12, 2022
Europe
Hey guys,

so I received a banner notification on Stripchat to sign the new Model agreement in order to continue broadcasting. I have severe problems with some of the paragraphs in it. Like for example section 6:

Grant of License.​

1. Model hereby grants to Operator the full rights and license to use Model’s likeness, performance and any other content, expression or otherwise arising from Model’s appearance on the Website, including, without limitation, the following perpetual rights: (i) to photograph or otherwise reproduce all or any part of Model’s performances, acts, poses, play and appearances of every kind and nature made or done by Model in connection with Model’s appearance; (ii) to record or otherwise reproduce Model’s voice and all musical, instrumental or other sound effects produced by Model in connection with Model’s appearance on the Website and reproduce, issues, sell and transmit the same; (iii) to exhibit, sell, assign, transmit and reproduce and license others to do the foregoing, whether by means of, without limitation, motion pictures, still camera photographs, radio, television, televised motion pictures, video discs, video cassettes, video tapes, printing, or any other means now known or unknown of Model’s appearance on the Website; (iv) to use Model’s appearance on the Website in connection with the advertising and exploitation of the Website; (v) to use Model’s appearance on the Website, or any part thereof, as a portion of a motion picture or other work other than the Production, and for the advertising thereof, and in connection with the sale of any by-products or merchandise relating thereto, and to reproduce and/or transmit the same by and in any media; (vi) to cut, edit, add to, subtract from, arrange, rearrange, shorten and revise the Model’s appearance in any manner as Operator may, in its sole and complete discretion, determine and, from time to time, to change the title of the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, Model acknowledges and agrees that she is hereby licensing to Operator all rights and title to any films, recordings, photographs and other expressions, and the results of the Model’s appearance (including performances performed by Model on the Website) to Operator.
If I was to agree to this, SC basically reserves the right to use any of my content, preventing me to claim my DMCA rights on any website that I find my content being used without my consent. Have you guys seen this? Are there any thoughts you care to share? Am I over worrying the situation?

Cheers,
Barbie

I'm not a lawyer (or model), but I do deal with copyright issues as work. This looks like pretty standard boilerplate licensing terms. SC needs your permission (a license) to broadcast your video, recordings, and anything else you upload to SC. This only applies to your content on SC. Any recordings of your shows on SC that you find online are actually the property of SC, I.E. the licensed video they broadcasted and any DMCA notices for those should be sent by SC. This actually helps protect your privacy as take down notices require your name and contact information; something you don't really want to send to a pirate site! Having SC send the take down notices protects you from that.

See https://support.stripchat.com/hc/en-us/articles/15413653350417-DMCA-content-takedown-service

Upvote 0
I'm not a lawyer (or model), but I do deal with copyright issues as work. This looks like pretty standard boilerplate licensing terms. SC needs your permission (a license) to broadcast your video, recordings, and anything else you upload to SC. This only applies to your content on SC. Any recordings of your shows on SC that you find online are actually the property of SC, I.E. the licensed video they broadcasted and any DMCA notices for those should be sent by SC. This actually helps protect your privacy as take down notices require your name and contact information; something you don't really want to send to a pirate site! Having SC send the take down notices protects you from that.

See https://support.stripchat.com/hc/en-us/articles/15413653350417-DMCA-content-takedown-service
thank you for taking the time to respond. To be honest t sounded to me that they can pretty much use any of my content as they please. But I am also not a lawyer and not even a native speaker, so was rather puzzled...

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
thank you for taking the time to respond. To be honest t sounded to me that they can pretty much use any of my content as they please. But I am also not a lawyer and not even a native speaker, so was rather puzzled...
Most Camsites have similar ones.

Upvote 0