AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

1 Token Tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small token tips don't bother me, no matter the context. I've had guys tip me small amounts to try and insult me - money is money, and tipping me 1 token even in a negative way still makes me 5 cents richer.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
I'm pretty sure I "overreact". I've been told I overreact. But I'm genuine. I even "oh my god!" at all of my tips, usually.

I can't take camming for granted. I'm 100000x happier than I've ever been. I get to travel and enjoy life. I'm not trapped or unhappy. This is not an opportunity everybody gets. Finding a job is not easy, much less one you want. I get to make my own hours. Most everything is on me. I'm the boss.

I appreciate the hell out of every single token I receive. It all adds up, and it all allows me to live as comfortably as I do. I appreciate 1 token more than I can really express in words.

It may sound a bit exaggerated to some people, but I'm not exaggerating. Yeah, I may be able to easily find 5 cents on the street, but what are the odds that the same person who dropped that nickel will drop $500 with the intention of me personally finding it? It means a lot to me.

I don't want to know what my bank account would look like if someone removed all of my 1-20 token tips.

Sometimes, when I have a great day, it ends in a tip wall full of 1-5 token tips. It almost makes me cry. Not only did these guys just witness me make my rent in one shift on cam, but they're all willingly continuing with the generosity. It's refreshing, and it absolutely makes my week/month. I can't thank them enough, truly.

So I don't feel like my reaction is an overreaction. I'm reacting appropriately, I promise.

If a girl sees just 200 people in one day, and each of those 200 people throws down 5 1-token tips, she just got 1000 tokens. That's $50.

Well, time to break out the pop-psychology...

A lot of models talking about how the little tip jingle always makes them happy. This is what's called classical conditioning, it's what happens when you take a stimulus (Receiving money) and its natural response ('Awesome') and you pair it with a neutral stimulus, like the little tip jingle.

When a model gets excited about a smaller tip, it's probably because she's responding more to the association between the jingle noise and the receiving of tips that she's made in the past. Because tips in the past have properly, on average, been a lot larger than 1 token, she's probably going to have a knee-jerk reaction more appropriate to a larger tip.

Then again some people are just fakers.

Parsnippy said:
Well, time to break out the pop-psychology...

A lot of models talking about how the little tip jingle always makes them happy. This is what's called classical conditioning, it's what happens when you take a stimulus (Receiving money) and its natural response ('Awesome') and you pair it with a neutral stimulus, like the little tip jingle.

When a model gets excited about a smaller tip, it's probably because she's responding more to the association between the jingle noise and the receiving of tips that she's made in the past. Because tips in the past have properly, on average, been a lot larger than 1 token, she's probably going to have a knee-jerk reaction more appropriate to a larger tip.

Then again some people are just fakers.

Pavlovian response, you say? Maybe so. IMHO, that *may* be happening in a small percentage of cases, but not for all models.

Fake gratitude? We'll never know for sure, but there have been several models posting here to say that they *are* happy/grateful for any and all tips.

How about another explanation: a combination of gratitude *and* good business sense. In any other customer/client business, every good service provider gives a "thank you" when the service or product is paid for...regardless on how big or small the transaction is.

The "good" clerk always gives a "thanks" and "come again", whether you bought a can of soda or a $100 worth of merchandise.

The "good" server gives good service and a sincere thanks whether you have a salad or a 4 course meal.

The "good" bartender does the same whether you have a club soda or you're buying rounds of drinks.

The "good" model always thanks a tip.

And so on...

The "good" workers do this because you never know who they're really dealing with, *and* it's well known that a little courtesy leads to repeat business. I've known many a food server who received great tips from a customer who ordered a small (dollar-wise) meal. Same with the bartender who got a $20 tip for that club soda. And so on...

And you never know who else is watching. The silent dude who sees a model thank a 1 token tip, may tip his 10 tokens so he can feel like a hero. Or maybe several dudes tip what they thought was a meaningless amount because of the good feeling in the room that was generated by the thanks and smiles from the model.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking things. :lol:

Not that anyone is disbelieving of Mea or anything, but I feel that I can vouch for her gratitude being genuine. The last time I visited her room, I didn't stay long and didn't tip much (about 20 tokens). The next day I had a PM from her thanking me (again) for my tip and a video of hers that was worth much more than 20 tokens. Those aren't the actions of someone who is ungrateful, ya know?

Reactions: coolestusername
I don't think that people are disputing whether it's appreciated or not. This discussion started about what people consider over-reactions to tips they feel are smaller than what they consider to be appropriate tips. I don't think anyone has said that we shouldn't be thankful for smaller tips, just that some people adjust their reactions based on the size of the tip.

Most of us models agree that we appreciate 1 token or 100 tokens, since every one is a nickel we didn't have before that adds up in the grand scheme of it. Girls just have different reactions to those single tokens. Some squee over it, others give a simple "thank you" and others may do a jump-for-joy, but they all appreciate it. It's those different reactions that make us unique, since we all process things on MFC differently, and run our rooms differently, and promote ourselves differently.

If you genuinely get as visibly excited for $1 or less as you do for $100, then that's awesome!

But I do like to put myself in the tipper's shoes. Lots of us are putting ourselves in the "small tipper's shoes" but don't forget to put yourself in the "big tipper's shoes" as well...

When I drop a 1000 tip on the girl I am watching, I get excited about her reaction. In many peoples' opinions, 1000 is a large tip, so we may expect some sort of elevated reaction to it. It's a rush for me to tip relatively big and get a relatively big reaction. So after I drop the 1000 and see the excitement, and then moments later, the girl gets a 1 or 5 token tip, and has the SAME amount of excitement for it, it does feel a little disappointing for me. While I am still very happy to have made her day better by sharing so many tokens with her, I am sad that this other person, only dropping a dime or 50 cents, gets the same reaction.

So we think we are being more gracious and inclusive when we have grand reactions to the small tippers, but in a sense we may be disappointing others at the same time.

Whew, I know that was a LOT of thinking really far into it, but since we're in a big discussion about it, I figured I'd write all that out. :D

I posted earlier in the thread that "in a nutshell": All tips big or small are appreciated and we should thank them all. The level of excitement for each sized tip will vary from girl to girl.

I knew I was going to regret my wording, haha!

When I said "It's amazing to watch people dispute this", I meant people in my room disputing whether or not I was being genuine at the time. Those people don't last long, though. I don't do a lot of banning, but people like to call me out on my excitement by saying how unreal I'm being when I thank someone for their one token. It doesn't happen too often, but it amazes me anytime anyone feels the need to say something about it. It's definitely a mood killer, especially when they have to convert it into dollars publicly, and proceed to tell everyone how they've tipped models "way more than that". Their contributions are nothing more than that of trolls and shit stirrers just to get a rise.

But no! I understand the topic of this thread, so even if people *were* disputing it here, it wouldn't amaze me ;)

To be fair, my reactions to much larger bombs are quite a bit different, as I'm actually stunned into silence, or into a screech. Tears, depending on the time of month. I'm turning into a sap in my old age =P I get that "I'm not worthy" feeling, etc.

10-4, little lady!! :thumbleft:

The only people who ever accused me of overreacting for a small tip had never seen my reaction to a large tip.

Mostly because I rarely get anything larger than 50 tokens at a time.

OliviaNaked is currently ranked #6 and she gets hundreds of 1 token tips each session. She loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.