AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

2 step verification

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
I can't get the 2 step verification to work so I cant login and work. I have messaged support but not heard back yet and cant work as I cant login. Does anyone know what I can do?.

Are you using an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Authy or similar) or are you not getting a text message with the one time code?

Upvote 0
Does it take a long time for the SMS with the code to arrive? If so, the CB login probably won't wait forever.
Your problem can also happen if you repeatedly try to log in, the SMS takes a long time to arrive and you mistakenly type in the previous 2 step code.

But I'm just guessing here. If you do manage to get in, you should probably set up the 2 step login with an app (Google Authenticator or similar) instead. Then you don't have to rely on an SMS message to be able to log in. You use the always changing code displayed in the app.

Upvote 0
Okay, is the clock on your phone correct then? It can't be off by more than a couple of minutes before 2 step logins stops working.
Yes I checked that as I wondered as we have had a time change but it updates automatically. I have tried on my phone and laptop but having the same problem.

Upvote 0
Is this Google Authenticator on Android? If it is, remember that the app just syncs its time to whatever date and time the phone has. Is the time on the phone itself actually correct?
Yes it does it automatically. I have synced it too and it says its correct. I haven't heard from the support team yet and it's been nearly a week and I can't work without it. I can't even let my viewers know why I am not there.

Upvote 0
Yes it does it automatically. I have synced it too and it says its correct. I haven't heard from the support team yet and it's been nearly a week and I can't work without it. I can't even let my viewers know why I am not there.
Okay. When you originally set up your 2 step verification on Chaturbate, a few 6 digit emergency backup codes should have been displayed to you by the web site. You are supposed to use one of these codes in situations like these. If you don't have a copy of these codes you are out of luck and need to wait for CB support :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.