AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

65% and 100% Webcam Commission (modelxcams.com)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Hello everyone.

Firstly I apologise if this message is against forum rules or in the wrong section

We are a new cam site that has only recently launched and currently we are looking for models to join us/test us. I am fully aware that one of your main concerns would be traffic and I can assure you that we are not a fly by night start up, we have a large monthly budget for our traffic by means of traffic brokers as well as independent sources. Also worth noting is that we do not claim to be one of the biggest cam sites available, we are new but extremely dedicated to the longevity of a successful relationship between site, models and clients.

What we offer:

65% base commission
100% fan rate commission
Multiple chat types, Free, Private, Group, Voyeur
Full HD streaming capabilities
Platform to sell videos and photos
Bi-Weekly payouts (weekly coming soon, 4 payout options)
Custom designed promotional material (videos including GFX and animations, Twitter back grounds etc..)
Dedicated model support staff
Geo targeted blacklisting for your privacy

I can assure you that the decision to start this new site was not taken likely, we are dedicated to the success of the site and to the success of your earnings.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am always available for any concerns you may have via Skype: jean_modelxcams or email admin@modelxcams.com

I look forward to hearing from you all and participating in the forums!
Regards
Jean
Model XCams

Re: 65% and 100% Webcam Commission

I havent had time to look over your site but I just wanted to say I am happy to see a someone promoting a site that actually has a well written post. That alone makes me at least want to take a look at your site and give you feedback, which I will do later today.

Also your link in your signature is broken...it appears you need to remove the "/url" at the end of your link to make it go to the correct website, otherwise you get an error message.

Reactions: Jean_ModelXCams

Hello,

Thank you very much. I believe very strongly that everything we do has to be done properly or not at all, so I thank you for your words.

Also, my mistake on the link. I seemed to have overlooked that but I have fixed the link.

Thanks
Jean

Jean_ModelXCams said:
Hello,

Thank you very much. I believe very strongly that everything we do has to be done properly or not at all, so I thank you for your words.

Also, my mistake on the link. I seemed to have overlooked that but I have fixed the link.

Thanks
Jean

Pretty good post and the site looks appealing, but doesn't appear to have very many Models yet. That sends up a red flag on a Cam site for me and makes me think twice. Something you might consider doing is actually hiring some Models per hour to work there. For example, when Streamate launched they paid a handful of Models a per hourly rate just to stay on cam and they got to keep what they made off shows on top of that. It was a win-win for both, because the girls brought in Customers and just them being on brought in other Models.

Good luck with the site!

~Daisy

Hello Daisy,

Thank you for your feedback.
Funny you should mention that, we are actually in the process of working out a budget and the correct way forward to incorporate that method.

Thank you again!
Jean

Reactions: Rosemary

Just a quick update.

We have just completed another function regarding referrals.
Please allow me to explain. To qualify for the 100% commission rate you are given a unique URL, this URL is given to your clients to sign up with. This in turn is tracked and any credits spent on you, you get 100% commission. Now, we have incorporated this same referral into site wide spending, meaning that if your member that you referred spends on another model, you will earn 10% of the total spent amount.

Thank you again for your time.

Jean

Jean_ModelXCams said:
Just a quick update.

We have just completed another function regarding referrals.
Please allow me to explain. To qualify for the 100% commission rate you are given a unique URL, this URL is given to your clients to sign up with. This in turn is tracked and any credits spent on you, you get 100% commission. Now, we have incorporated this same referral into site wide spending, meaning that if your member that you referred spends on another model, you will earn 10% of the total spent amount.

Thank you again for your time.

Jean
Sounds similar to the way Streamate does it, which I know a lot of models appreciate.

Thank you for the coherent, well-worded posts!

I had just a few minutes to look over your site so thought I would leave some feedback. The layout seems really nice and not your typical cookie cutter site. Kudos for actually taking time to build a unique site. I noticed the same thing that Daisy did as far as models go and I am sure your staff will get that figured out with time.

My big concern is as a model when I go check out a new site I want to be able to see what the chat rooms look like. When I visited your site there appeared to be 4 models online, after clicking on there picture it brought me to another screen, but I still did not see a live video feed. When I think about signing up for a site I want to see how the chat is set up, the cam quality and just get a general feel for the site. I am sure your future members would also appreciate being able to do that without creating an account.

Also as a model I was not able to find a lot of information about your site. Why do I want to work for you? What makes you stand out, what makes it different? I know a lot of sites dont offer tons of info, including streamate, at least until you have signed up. One of the huge selling points for me on MFC was that I was able to find tons of info about the site and how it worked before joining! It made me feel comfortable and gave them the advantage of me signing up with them vs some other site.

Check there wiki:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Main_Page

Two of the most important parts to me was to understand what I was doing which I found here:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Becoming_a_Webcam_Model_at_MyFreeCams

And what are the rules on the site:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_and_Guidelines

Give us as much info as you can. It will make you look more legit and also make girls feel more comfortable signing up with you. Good Luck, I plan to keep checking back to see your progress!

I'm wondering - is it possible to make the model/member contracts public, so it can be thoroughly examined? If it can withstand some levels of scrutiny, then the site is more likely to be legitimate than fraudulent. This notion goes for any other newly established web-cam sites, too.

There's an important thing to note; your consumer base is dependent on the provision of good quality models. I'm glad that you're at least coherent in your posts, which makes it much easier to understand/comment/criticize ideas, but I digress. Keep working on it.

Jean_ModelXCams said:
Hello Daisy,

Thank you for your feedback.
Funny you should mention that, we are actually in the process of working out a budget and the correct way forward to incorporate that method.

Thank you again!
Jean

If you're looking for models that could get an hourly rate I would probably be interested. I'll have to give the site a look.

Sounds similar to the way Streamate does it, which I know a lot of models appreciate.
Thank you for the coherent, well-worded posts!

Hello Amber, you are very welcome and thank you for allowing me to post here.
Regarding the commission, I think it to be very fair, obtaining fans is a long process for any model I can imagine, so it is only fitting that the model receives benefits from there fans site wide.

I had just a few minutes to look over your site so thought I would leave some feedback. The layout seems really nice and not your typical cookie cutter site. Kudos for actually taking time to build a unique site. I noticed the same thing that Daisy did as far as models go and I am sure your staff will get that figured out with time.

Elay, thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions. I have sent the information to one of our team members to get started on an information portal for both models and clients ASAP. I understand what you mean by not being able to view the chat rooms, the models that were on seemed to have used it for their personal clients (fans), once we work out our budget there will be many more models in Free Chat (hopefully).

As for the quality, yes seeing for oneself is important. We have a few servers that run the streaming simultaneously to ensure fast and smooth broadcast quality. As for the interface itself, it is fairly basic to navigate around we tried to make it as easy as possible but with many of the features a model would need.
Again, thank you for your feedback, it has been valuable!

I'm wondering - is it possible to make the model/member contracts public, so it can be thoroughly examined? If it can withstand some levels of scrutiny, then the site is more likely to be legitimate than fraudulent. This notion goes for any other newly established web-cam sites, too.

There's an important thing to note; your consumer base is dependent on the provision of good quality models. I'm glad that you're at least coherent in your posts, which makes it much easier to understand/comment/criticize ideas, but I digress. Keep working on it.

Hornygods, the contract is away from the public eye as a privacy precaution. The contract itself is pretty much on par with most of the major camsites, protecting both the site and model. I understand where you are coming from, and I certainly appreciate the thought and concern you have towards the models. If a model wishes to discuss the contract they are more than welcome to. As a new site, regardless of which business direction we chose, our ethics still holds our decisions and plans. With this being said, we want to grow with the models and clients and the satisfaction of both parties is our priority.

If you're looking for models that could get an hourly rate I would probably be interested. I'll have to give the site a look.

Hi Shelterlight. As soon as we finalize our budget and procedures I will be sure to get in touch with. Thank you.

Regards
Jean

Hi,

Just curious, I'm obviously not totally familiar with camsite business models... How exactly do you make a profit when some models are making 100% commission? I feel I must be missing something here. Sorry if it's a stupid question and I've overlooked something major.

Hello Parsnippy.
That is actually a legitimate question. Another question that goes hand in hand with it is what separates us from other camsites? To answer both, we do not see ourselves as just a camsite, rather a service to models and clients. With that said, we make no profit on the 100% commission, this commission is for those models that bring in their fans which they have worked hard to obtain. We cover our costs, bandwidth, traffic, advertising, etc....with the traffic that we generate to the site.

I hope this answers your question clearly.
Thanks
Jean

Parsnippy said:
Hi,

Just curious, I'm obviously not totally familiar with camsite business models... How exactly do you make a profit when some models are making 100% commission? I feel I must be missing something here. Sorry if it's a stupid question and I've overlooked something major.

I also wanted to add to this that ONLY the model that brought the member to the site makes 100% commission. So if that member spends money on another model the site will make money of said member. Its more of a marketing ploy for models to try to get there regulars to the site, and it's a good one!

ElaySmith said:
Parsnippy said:
Hi,

I also wanted to add to this that ONLY the model that brought the member to the site makes 100% commission. So if that member spends money on another model the site will make money of said member. Its more of a marketing ploy for models to try to get there regulars to the site, and it's a good one!

For those of you who don't see the math:

If a model brings a member to the site, and he spends some money on a different model than the one who brought him:

the model he spent it on gets 65%
the model who brought him gets 10%

100 - 65 = 35 - 10 = 25

So, for that one member, the site is making 25% of what he spends on other models, besides the one who brought him to the site.

While the guys brought over may not wander much at first, eventually they'll get curious, or will be there too early and need to wait, or will be left when their favorite has gone for the night but they're still up for a few more hours... and of course, down the road, when the model decides she's done with camming.

LadyLuna said:
ElaySmith said:
Parsnippy said:
Hi,

If a model brings a member to the site, and he spends some money on a different model than the one who brought him:

100 - 65 = 35 - 10 = 25

So, for that one member, the site is making 25% of what he spends on other models, besides the one who brought him to the site.

While the guys brought over may not wander much at first, eventually they'll get curious, or will be there too early and need to wait, or will be left when their favorite has gone for the night but they're still up for a few more hours... and of course, down the road, when the model decides she's done with camming.

Why not just make a new account for each of my regular models?

LadyLuna said:
ElaySmith said:
Parsnippy said:
Hi,

100 - 65 = 35 - 10 = 25

I have always been one to be honest about the way I do business, I do so with my other ventures and will continue to do so with this. Your calculations are spot on LadyLuna, after the 10% is taken the site will still maintain 25% of what the model earns. With that 25% we need to factor in our various costs, bandwidth, traffic, servers, processing charges, salaries for staff members etc.. So it may seem as if we making a profit on the fans but we really do not. As you can see, we do indeed try and make sure that the models receive majority of anything they make while we are content with covering our costs, as mentioned, we operate this as a service rather than a "profit machine" if you will.

Thank you for the clarification!

Also, I would just like to add, the 10% commission is active whether the model is currently with the site or not. The commission cancels itself out once the member cancels his account, I should of mentioned that in my previous post.

Hello Shaun,
That is certainly one way to do it, if I may be honest it is rather dishonest though. However, I am sure some will do this and for the time that is out of our hands. As I mentioned, we do try and offer the models majority of what they make but provisions have to be made for us as a site to cover our costs.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jean

Reactions: LadyLuna

ElaySmith said:
Parsnippy said:
indeed, cc has the same, although not 100% but 85%.

Status
Not open for further replies.