AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A different look for her.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AedanRayne said:
I hear ya, bob. But that's the thing... why are people starting a protest over a few photos when they haven't seen the show in full (understand the context of her performance)?

I wouldn't call it a protest as much as people voicing an opinion (I can't speak for other people but I'm certainly not gonna be actively protesting Olivia or anything she does). Perhaps it's unfair to assume that Olivia's gig wasn't meaningful or nuanced but I guess we can only comment on what we've seen (and what we've seen doesn't hint at any deeper meaning or nuance).

Reactions: UncleThursday
mynameisbob84 said:
AedanRayne said:
This is what artists / comedians do, they push boundaries, make you uncomfortable, open your eyes & make you laugh at the most ridiculous parts of life - including racism. I am sure Olivia is not a racist nor does she support/encourage racism but she is an entertainer / comedian. She won't always do something that you agree with and you know what? That's part of what makes her so interesting.

Does a cam girl ever really, truly, honestly need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist?

Does any entertainer need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist or any other character? No, but lots of actors/comedians have done it in the past. Cam girls are entertainers with completely different styles and enjoy MFC for different reasons, including using it as a creative outlet, exploring the more adventurous sides of themselves.

I hear what you're saying and to a point, I agree. But I think context is important.

If Olivia's routine had a point or a message, something to lend it artistic/creative credibilty, then great. But if she was just dressing up for funsies, giving little or no thought to how her outfit might be percieved, the message it might send to less than intelligent or ignorant or misinformed idiots, then I just don't see that it was worth it :twocents-02cents:

... "Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man" :laughing-rolling:

Im sure she'd be flattered she awoke the deep thinkers and stirred the pot so.
Elay put it perfectly. Society today is so hypersensitive about everything its to the point of absurdity.

as far as stereotypes.... If I had a token for every idiot that said Yeehaww, asked about guns, or thinks I wear a cowboy hat simply bc I'm texan, I'd own MFC.
The stereotypical fat mirror sunglasses bubba type that seems to be the widely accepted country sheriff portrayal is also a bit silly but was indeed based in fact and characterized.
same said for the vapor headed valley girls and the dimwitted impressions of folks being inbred from Arkansas Tennesee or Kentucky. Stereotypes are world wide. It's how they are used in a particular context with hatred behind the effort that can be offensive, but even then only if permitted to be.

SoTxBob said:
Stereotypes are world wide. It's how they are used in a particular context with hatred behind the effort that can be offensive, but even then only if permitted to be.

well said....
and....be it comedy, drama, parenting, sex.....it where you're coming from that determines what you take away from it :)

Reactions: SoTxBob
The thing to remember about stereotypes, is they're there for a reason.... because it seems true in a lot of cases.

I don't fit the stereotypical Jew, even though I am Jewish, for example. I don't hav a lot of money. I'm not an accountant, doctor or lawyer. Yet, you look at most of the other Jews I know... many of them have a good deal of money, some are accountants or lawyers (I don't know any doctors)... so they fit more into the stereotype.

I'm also from New Jersey. And people stereotype people from NJ as being a bunch of guido douchecocks or wannabe mafioso people. They also all think we say things like "fuggedaboutit" and shit. That's much more North Jersey, closer to NYC. But. look at how people from Jersey are portrayed, like in Jersey Shore or The Soprannos... and then go to those North Jersey places, and you will SO see so many people that fall into that stereotype it isn't funny. Trust me, I've been there, and I saw it, and I was like "Jesus, no wonder people make fun of the entire state." I'm closer to Philly, which has its own stereotypes... again, many of which you will see if you go there.

You get the same with a lot of things. Blacks, Asians, Indian/Pakistani, Hispanics, Buddhists, Catholics, Baptists, etc.

And there's nothing wrong with having a stereotype in your head about people before you meet them. It's just you have to know that stereotypes don't mean everyone from a certain race/region/religion are all the exact same.

As for the whole political correctness aspect... I don't like political correctness. And one of the main reasons I don't like the whole PC movement is the censorship it tries to sometimes bring about. A while back some people all uppity on the PC movement tried to get some American classics removed from their school libraries, including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. The main reason was the use of the term "nigger" in the book, but it also uses foul language in them, as well.

From Wikipedia:

Perennially popular with readers, [The] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn has also been the continued object of study by serious literary critics since its publication. It was criticized upon release because of its coarse language and became even more controversial in the 20th century because of its perceived use of racial stereotypes and because of its frequent use of the racial slur "nigger", despite strong arguments that the protagonist, and the tenor of the book, is anti-racist.

But, when looking at it, one has to look at both the time period it was written in, and the time period it portrays. But, some people just want their own views to be heard, and damn the rest of the world. So if it means removing classics from libraries "for the betterment of our children (and the pushing of their own viewpoints on everyone else, mind you)" they're all for it.

I don't particularly care how Olivia does her camming sessions. I don't watch her. If she goes too far in some way, well, she'll know it by the lost viewers/tippers. But, that's all on her and her room members to decide.

UncleThursday said:
I'm also from New Jersey. .
My condolences....

:icon-twisted:

:lol: :eek:ccasion5:

Reactions: PinkiePixi
Bocefish said what I was thinking....when people poke fun at Christians/Catholics...everyone has a jolly good laugh but God forbid anybody pokes fun at Muslims.....geez.

AudreyAnna said:
Bocefish said what I was thinking....when people poke fun at Christians/Catholics...everyone has a jolly good laugh but God forbid anybody pokes fun at Muslims.....geez.

Or you could work on South Park, and be fine with making fun of every religion on the planet, until Scientology is made fun of, then quit the show... ;)

People like to say Muslims are fanatical? They should look at the Scientologists for fanaticism.

A guy I used to work with is Muslim. And we were talking one day and he mentioned the whole "fanatical Islam" thing is a product of (shock above shocks) people in power trying to push their ideology on others. Most of the "foot soldiers" in the so called "war on the West" from radical Muslims are Muslims who don't actually know the religion. They're mostly uneducated people in poor countries that only get taught what people in power want them to be taught. And they're told that what they're being taught is the teachings of the Koran.

Just like throughout history, those with an agenda love to use religion on the uneducated to get them to do their dirty work for them. It's not like the Pope went to fight in the Crusades. He sent loyal, and in many cases uneducated soldiers in his stead. It's not like the heads of terrorist organizations are the ones strapping bombs to themselves to wage war on the infidels... again, they're using loyal and uneducated foot soldiers to do their bidding.

I have no problems with religion, on the basis of the ideals they represent. I have a problem with organized religion and the way that people who follow those religions like to preach how their religion is the best and/or only legitimate religion.

OK, off topic-ness is over in this post, I think. ;)

UncleThursday said:
SoTxBob said:
UncleThursday said:
I'm also from New Jersey. .
My condolences....

:icon-twisted:

:lol: :eek:ccasion5:

You're just jealous because you don't know how to navigate traffic circles. :lol:

...but he can probably pump his own gas... ;) :lol:

Bocefish said:
Where is all the outrage when Frankie dresses up as a nun and fucks herself with a crucifix dildo?
I'm outraged- but only because I miss the show. ;)

mynameisbob84 said:
If Olivia's routine had a point or a message, something to lend it artistic/creative credibilty, then great. But if she was just dressing up for funsies, giving little or no thought to how her outfit might be percieved, the message it might send to less than intelligent or ignorant or misinformed idiots, then I just don't see that it was worth it :twocents-02cents:
Since when is it a cam girl's job to inform or pass along some message? They aren't teachers and they aren't preachers. Sure one could argue that the "art" might benefit with more of an agenda behind it, but I'm guessing those people would feel the same about the Dadaist movement. Taste is subjective and so is sensitivity.

White people, generally don't get attached to their "white" culture. Probably because there is no "white" culture. They've assimilated all cultures into their own and produced a culture of individuals (who are unique just like everyone else). Most other races do. Blacks have their brotherhood, Asians are typically huge on their ancestry, as are Native Americans (what's left of them). So we tend to not get offended by racially motivated comments, comedic or otherwise. I know I certainly don't. This is all in a general sense, of course, there are always exceptions.

Honestly, I find it hilarious in the saddest way that in 2012, we as a species are still bickering about skin tone. But then I do have to remember that it's been less than a century since whites and blacks have been able to receive a similar education in the US. I think if we ever have a chance to populate another planet, we should send a crew of multi-racial children to do so. Let them grow up together on an equal field, before the bigotry of their ancestors filters into them.

As to this chick, there's a popular saying around this forum when it comes to models and seeing something in their room you don't like.......

I'm going to type it- you know what it is.

I have two minds about this debate...

1. Political Correctness can be taken WAY too far way too easily. Yes, many people get overly offended by things. Shit, I remember being told I was supposed to call my roommate "African American" when she wasn't even American. She was a black African. I have to say black, because there are such things as white Africans. But no, calling her black was racist. :roll:

Or this whole Police Woman bullshit. It's a policeman. It's one word. "All the men" means "all the humans". Notice, human has MAN in it, and we like to shorten things. Hence, why we use the male for neutral.

2. There does have to be a line, because of the people who will do hate crimes. I had a Muslim best friend back in middle school. When 9/11 happened, I had to call her and make sure she was okay. At first, there was a great community outpouring. Then the hate mongering started. All of a sudden, they were being given evil looks on the street and no one would talk to them. It made me sick to think that they were going from that. They were from Pakistan.

There are people who will commit hate crimes, and it's a damn shame they do. There is a much greater network for finding and supporting, say, women, who get abused just for being female, than there is for Muslims who are abused for being Muslim. Hence why I think that is distasteful from anyone, while sexist jokes are only distasteful from people who are actually sexist.

(By the way, I'm very firmly sexist- I think straight men exist to protect and care for women, and straight women exist to comfort and care for men. Any man who abuses a woman is therefore most abhorrent, for going against their purpose, same with women who abuse men. I believe that there are things men can do that women can't, and things women can do that men can't, and both sexes should be respected for their differences, not for their similarities.)

Well said as always Sister Luna. :)

My only tiny quibble is about respect. I respect men and women, straight, gay, whatever--for all of what they are, The feminine side of men and the masculine side of women...deserves respect too...because gender is partly an arbitrary label. We're all much more alike than we are different, and roles may differ by individual.

This thread wasnt offensive until we started bashing Jersey... :p Oh how I loved not having to pump my own gas (though I know how to!) - but Ive really have never encountered anybody of the stereotypical jersey persuasion. Im a born and raised NJ girl - I have never heard a 'jersey accent' and up until Jersey Shore became a thing, even the guido thing wasnt very obvious.

Reactions: UncleThursday
All this PC bullshit divides races rather than bringing them together. I'd like to think most human beings realise that there are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world and of that only a very small minority are Islamic extremists. The only way to to eradicate discrimination is to treat everybody absolutely the same (Will this happen in my life time? I doubt it) Comedians use taboo subjects to generate shock and humour I do admit I like some controversial comedies such as south park (They poke fun at absolutely everybody) I think people have to learn to recognise a difference between an non-pc joke and all out racism/discrimination.

Funny PC list

Alive: Temporarily metabolically abled.
Bald: Follicularly challenged
Body Odour: Non discretionary fragrance
Broken Home: Dysfunctional family
Caretaker : Site Engineer
Clumsy: Uniquely coordinated
Criminal: Behaviourally challenged
Dead: Living impaired
Dishonest : Ethically disoriented
Drunk: Chemically inconvenienced
Dustman: Sanitation Engineer
Fail: Achieve a deficiency
Fairy : Petite airborne humanoid with mystical powers
Fat: Horizontally challenged
Foreign Food: Ethnic cuisine
Ghetto: Economically disadvantaged area
Girlfriend: Unpaid sex worker
Gossip: Speedy transmission of near-factual information
Housewife: Domestic Engineer
Ignorant: Knowledge-based non-possessor
Illegal Aliens: Undocumented Immigrants
Jailer: Custodial Artist
Jungle: Rain Forest
Late: Rescheduled arrival time
Lazy: Motivationally deficient
Lumberjack: Tree Murderer
Natural Disaster: Global Warming occurrence
Prostitute: Sex worker
Sex change: Gender reassignment
Short: Vertically challenged
Shy: Conversationally selective
Spendthrift: Negative saver
Talkative: Abundantly verbal
Tall: Vertically enhanced
Trailer Park: Mobile Home community
Tramp: Homeless person
Ugly: Cosmetically different
Unemployed: Involuntarily leisured
Vagrant: Nonspecifically destinationed individual
White Trash: White Trash
Worst: Least best
Wrong: Differently logical

I love the Girlfriend: Unpaid sex worker it's true :( ha

It's easy for white people to say, "Lighten up (every person of every other colour)! It's a joke! I'm white and I don't get offended by jokes you make against white people".
Jokes against white people don't tend to harm us as much because we are the holders of power and privilege within society.
Jokes that perpetuate racial stereotypes (particularly negative ones, like all aboriginal people are d

runks or all black people are criminals) are super harmful because they influence opinions of all people of that race. I'll use a really simple and basic example. In the workplace, the majority of upper level managers in Canada or the States are white men, so they can hear a joke about white men and think, "Haha, funny! That's about me!" but when they hear a joke about a black person raping someone or something they feel fear towards black people. Then when a black person comes in for a job interview the white, male manager looks at this black man and subconciously is reminded that black people are rapists. And who wants to hire a rapist? The indigenous person comes in for an interview and the manager thinks, "God.. this person is probably an alcoholic and meth addict and probably lazy.. everyone talks about how native people are all on welfare and use their welfare checks to buy booze.."

As was said above, good comedians make us question our ideas of racism (or a subject). Bad ones just make fun of races (etc) and perpetuate harmful stereotypes.

PinkiePixi said:
This thread wasnt offensive until we started bashing Jersey... :p Oh how I loved not having to pump my own gas (though I know how to!) - but Ive really have never encountered anybody of the stereotypical jersey persuasion. Im a born and raised NJ girl - I have never heard a 'jersey accent' and up until Jersey Shore became a thing, even the guido thing wasnt very obvious.

It depends on where in Jersey you grew up, though, too. I'm in South Jersey, about 15 minutes from Philly. What many people associate with a Jersey accent and stereotype doesn't exist around here. It's as you get to the areas right outside of NYC that it shows up, or if you go to the more northern shore areas like Seaside Heights (ironically, many of the people that fit the Jersey stereotype in Seaside Heights during the summer are from... NYC). But most of the stereotype of Jersey people comes from people in NYC, anyway.

Down here, the stereotype of South Jersey people is we associate where we live by which exit off the Turnpike or 295 we live off of (Or the Garden State Parkway if you live closer to the shore). And that's somewhat true. :lol:

Oh, and we pronounce water as wodor. :p

Reactions: PinkiePixi
Driving thru the traffic circle, I will attempt to navigate thru the spaghetti bowl of life and come back to the OP... :lol:

Olivia did another show last night. She's an equal opportunity gal. In equal time play last night she was camo soldier type, complete with smoke, green laser show and a red laser sight on her multi-purpose toy gun. It was really quite cool. The technical ability and literal production capability of this woman is amazing.

Also, someone mentioned when she did the "Native American" thing.... lol. Heaven forbid someone actually say Indian. :woops: [ The descendants of the Blackfoot, Navajo and Shoshone that I actually know, all call themselves 'Indians' and actually laugh at 'white mans attempt to call them whatever fits the PC list this week.']
Anyway, that 'skit' she was portraying Sacajawea of the historical Lewis & Clarke Expedition. Besides that contribution to todays world, 'Sj' also was held as a symbol of womans worth and ability in todays world, by what at the time was the womens suffrage movement and used to spread the accomplishments of women.
In that light, I'd say to all you that 'see feathers' as some PC bandwagon to climb on as her dissing Indians need to back off and inform yourself to the facts before you open the comment window.

:whistle:

I thought her show was fantastic. I've clicked on her room in the past, but moved right along. This was the first show that I had actually sat in for. I thought it was great. Yes, many people were in her room laughing, and many complaining about the racism. I personally thought it was cute, funny, and interesting.

When I came in, she was holding up a "Jihad for Dummies" book, which I thought was quite cute. She danced around with a a gun above her head as hundreds of people watched.

At first, I was shocked! I felt bad for smiling and enjoying her show, but then I remembered, there's nothing wrong with having a laugh. Some of the best comedians will bring racism into their shows because it's a popular topic. We need to laugh at all our stereotypes.

I think she set up her show really well. I thought it was really smart. When it was time to 'get naked', she stripped down to a simple top and jumbo fake pubes.

So, she caused some debates here and there, but what doesn't in life? Look around you. Everything you see in life, there's going to be someone ready to debate about it.

I thought her show was great, and I'm officially hooked on her. I'm really looking forward to seeing her next wild show!

An out of the ordinary .. 'Hitachi Show" going on now. :lol:

Reactions: BabyGirlRed
Second time I've visited. Does she have an endless supply of costumes? lol Construction Worker motif today. I like the music she plays...stuff you never hear any more...late 50s pop, rock, jazz... Dion and the Belmonts, Louis Prima. Wow.

Attachments

• OliviaNaked.jpg
    OliviaNaked.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 136
Nordling said:
Second time I've visited. Does she have an endless supply of costumes? lol Construction Worker motif today. I like the music she plays...stuff you never hear any more...late 50s pop, rock, jazz... Dion and the Belmonts, Louis Prima. Wow.

Guys seem to be really fond of that kind of music or atypical music! I usually have Pandora on its rockabilly, swing, or billy joel station - and Ive gotten new regulars and tips just because of my music!

Reactions: Nordling
Just guessing but I think it may be that that kind of music sets a mood without being intrusive. It's like, when I'm out with friends for shooting the breeze, I like going to a place that plays quiet jazz, even though I have very little jazz in my personal collection, and am not a jazz fan at all. But for that very reason, it sets a mood without taking my mind off my friends. lol Yeah, I may have ADD.

Bocefish said:
bob said:
Bocefish said:
Where is all the outrage when Frankie dresses up as a nun and fucks herself with a crucifix dildo? However, as soon as somebody pokes fun at a muslim, it's suddenly way out of line? Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

it's probably due to our familiarity with the culture....every guy in the christain world has a crucifix dangling between their legs....we all know that it's our cross to bear :lol:

Oh and FYI, muslims other than terrorists tote around AK-47s.
so....you're thinking that is their crucifix?

I'm just getting a little sick of everyone bending over backwards so as not to offend muslims when some of them regularly burn our flag in effigy among other things. Burning the flag is an expression of something called free speech, which goes both ways here in America, comedic and otherwise.

I'm likely going to have my head bitten off for this, but I can't NOT put my :twocents-02cents: in at this point. IMO, the above quote is a perfect example of why it is NOT a good idea to put on these types of shows for thousands of folks over the internet to see. Yes, it is free speech, but that doesn't make it any less distasteful. Most likely, the lovely Olivia was only being "ironic" and possibly even poking fun at the ignorance of racism and bigotry in the first place.

The problem is this: many people who are watching along actually ARE prejudiced and do not get the purpose of the show,taking it only at face value. They are REMINDED of their prejudices, thus perpetrating this type of hatred. ALSO, it seems that many of us who are posting are white Americans and quick to say that everyone is just being overly sensitive. Is it a double-standard? Technically yes, but there's no denying that is IS different in ways. Try and put yourself in the shoes of the people who are being made fun of: Muslims, black people, homeless people, gay people, whatever the theme may be. People who are MUCH more prone to be victims of hate crimes, social oppression, stereotyping, etc. etc.. Do you think that THEY find it amusing to see a 1000 people making fun of their misfortunes, especially the ones in the crowd who who are actually doing it out of hate rather than irony?

I am not a racial minority, but I personally was forced into homelessness a long time ago at one point after leaving a tumultuous, physically abusive relationship and I had no where else to go other than to a shelter. So yeah, when I see people making fun of homeless people in the city, trying to piss on them, taking pictures, etc.. it makes me want to rip their faces off. Take it from someone who's been there, there's nothing funny about it, and I wasn't homeless because I was "lazy" but because I was sick of having my arm broken. I realize this is a bit personal for a cam site forum, but I just want to give a little perspective. Again, if it's comedy which is meant to draw attention to the IGNORANCE of racism or prejudice, this is different and I am sure that it's likely what she meant to do. It just has to be done very carefully IMO.

And no, I don't need the "it's freedom of speech" lecture-- I know it's a right, and this is all just my opinion and personal experience. All of that being said, I have many friends who are racial, religious, sexual, or social minorities and as a group of friends we all poke fun at each other in an ironic sense. However, I would be very reluctant to do this sort of thing in front of people who I have never even met before for fear that I might offend someone or stir up hate that needs be gone already. JMHO.

I wrote:

"Try and put yourself in the shoes of the people who are being made fun of: Muslims, black people, homeless people, gay people, whatever the theme may be. People who are MUCH more prone to be victims of hate crimes, social oppression, stereotyping, etc. etc.. Do you think that THEY find it amusing to see a 1000 people making fun of their misfortunes, especially the ones in the crowd who who are actually doing it out of hate rather than irony?
JMHO."

Double post AND quoting myself, sheeyat. I meant to make an edit but hit the submit button too quickly. To clarifly, I wasn't suggesting that BEING black, homeless, gay, Muslim, etc. IS the misfortune because its not. What I mean is that the things they may experience BECAUSE they are who they are is a misfortune. (Hate crimes, social oppression, etc.)

See how I did that? Being sensitive to how others might feel? :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.